Global Resources Employee Reviews

It didn't seem like a long-term job
Field Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJApril 1, 2018
In my role I performed installation of technical equipment on a per diem basis. While the work was enjoyable to me as I was able to work in many different places, the number of jobs per week were minimal and the hours were short.
I got the feeling that some field engineers received more calls than others, so if you were not of favor then your income could be (as mine was) very low.
Pros
Traveling to different sites for work
Cons
Not much work available
analyst
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2018
commission opportunities are pretty much the only saving grace. Base salary and benefits are OK but if you can sell you will do very well. I enjoy time i spend with clients but this type of job may not be for everybody.
Pros
good base, ok benefits, commission can make a big diff
Cons
work/life balance can be harsh
Pays the bills
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAFebruary 16, 2018
Allows you the opportunity for experience in the field. A contract position so you should go into it expecting as much. Not a permanent means of employment depending on your area.
very forgiving working place
President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 1, 2018
I will like to move to more international business orientation, representing and utilizing the human capital acquired from Doctorate degree in Global Business and Leadership
Pros
Excellent
Negative Environment
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GADecember 14, 2017
No room for advancement.
Trashy employees who should be fired.
Poor communication with other facilities.
Negative atmosphere.
Biased treatment of employees.
Global Resources Review
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILNovember 5, 2017
I loved working at Global Resources. I Traveled and usually flew from Grand Rapids to various cities across the US on Sunday evening and did not return until late Friday night. I had two house moving projects I needed to complete, which is why I left there.
Pros
Great working with all the business owners and identifying solutions.
Cons
Long days and night with extensive travel that left no time with the family.
Data Analytics/Executive Recruitment
Interim CEO for select $20M companies (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2017
Fast paced environment, non-entrepreneurial environment, resistant to changing markets. Enjoyed my co-workers, excessive travel and limited flexibility was tedious.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Excessive travel (80%)
Poor
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2017
Poor company structure. No initiative to restructre to make effective. Maybe getting in to speak with owner or maybe not. Tye strategies were not effective for allcompanies ir to make sure all analyst make money
Pros
Travel
Cons
Training and pay
Good employees, weak management
Project Manager/Senior Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 27, 2017
Global Resources was founded by sales people and rooted in a sales-focused culture. Most PM's and BA's followed best practices and procedures but management was way too focused on cross-selling the firms services....whether they needed them or not.
Pros
Extensive Travel
Cons
Extensive Travel
ok comp
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 23, 2017
very good work/life balance and culture. The benefits, compensation, opportunities and training are top notch. I have met a lot of really good people who are a value to me and my career. I feel I have hit a ceiling as far as advancement is concerned.
Pros
good culture and balance
Cons
roadblock to promotions
Consulting Recruiter
Consulting Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 24, 2017
My team is made up of a great group of people and communication is always helpful with hitting our goals. Company pays expenses on time and the compensation is competitive for the industry. Management seems to take my suggestions seriously and I feel like I am a valued part of the team.
Pros
team mentality, fair management, benefits
Cons
some people too competitive
great perks
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 29, 2016
Salary and Benefits are great. Travel is good if you are into it and I am able to bank a bunch of miles/perks by having them reimburse me for expenses. You go through allot of red tape getting your expenses reimbursed so make sure you keep EVERY receipt. No other real complaints. Make it less of a hassle to be reimbursed. It can be like pulling teeth!
Pros
Salary, Health Insurance, Coworkers
Cons
Red tape, bureaucracy
Horrible Treatment, Low Per Diem, Boiler Room Tactics !!
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 12, 2016
Get ready for a lot of travel and low pay with the expectation of collecting a fee for your analyst services that you will not receive a dime of. You will get paid only once the contract you have procured have met their completion and only if you are still employed at that point. You WILL find that the per diem they pay you, in most cases,will NOT cover your expenses and that you very likely will go through a large amount of your own funds before you gain any kind of momentum. They expect that you will not contest their keeping of your commissions, should you have to quit or leave their employment, as they have snuck that into the agreement you signed prior to employment.
This company makes themselves out to be something they are not.
Very unprofessional with a lot of bait and switch tactics with their employees. Run, do not walk from this company!!!
Pros
A lot of travel.
Cons
Too numerous to list.
Exercise in Futility
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 4, 2016
Most appointments that were scheduled by telemarketing staff were either no-shows or had cancelled appointment by the time that I had arrived. Others refused to cooperate and allow the business analyst to review financials to make recommendations.
In short, a lot of driving and flying out to remote locations only to discover that doing an analysis of the company was impossible. Trivial amount of expense reimbursement.
I lasted longer than my peers in my class only because I enjoyed the work and understand reading financials, but in the end, I was laid off along with whoever was in my peer group at the end of the year.
Pros
Opportunity to understand cost accounting concepts
Cons
Driving or flying across the Midwest or East Coast to appointments that either cancelled, or were uncooperative for an analysis
Comapny cares for employees
Controller/Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2016
Good company to work for with great benefits, and good working conditions. they take good care of their employees. there is a lot of travelling to other client sites.
I have learned a lot working for this company due to their processes, and systems
Pros
Great Company, Great Boss
Cons
Going Through a Merger & will loose majority shares
Best Job I've Ever Had!
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILMarch 7, 2016
The work is hard and demanding, but is incredibly rewarding in terms of value conferred upon clients and personal financial rewards.
Pros
Helping others, Getting paid very wel to do it
Cons
Travel can be rough. Supervisors demand 24/7 excellence
Priceless with Financial Rewards
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 18, 2016
The opportunity to work with small business owners and change the lives of these people who have everything they own on the line every day, is priceless. You have a chance to communicate honestly with small business owners about their business, and talk about things employees, friends and family, can't and won't.
The self satisfaction you feel can not be measured and the financial rewards are only limited by your own drive, ego and needs. Being a successful analyst is like joining a group of elite professionals.
Pros
Opportunity to help me help you and change lives.
Cons
This is not a job! It is a career, but only for a select group of people. It requires a special skill set. It's hard work.
Good not great
Consultant / Technician (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 28, 2016
They are a temp IT company that only hands out time by the hour and calculates how much time would be needed for repairs. also required to document entire process for faxing to main office not in california.
Pros
n/a
Cons
not full or part time
Flying All The Time
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2016
If you're looking to fly all the time to make a difference in people's businesses then this is something you like to get into.

You call in to the office in Chicago, then wait for the next job to land, go online print out your flight tickets, get background on what the business is and how it can overcome the obstacles it has.

Fly to the location, get settled in the hotel, go to the appointment, go over their financials, survey the employees, and the family as well as the business as a whole.

Next day present the findings and how the company can help cut back on some spending or if there is any loss then have the business owner decide what he would like to do in order to change for the better.

Finalize everything and collect payment/retainer. Call the office and have the company take over the business.

Call the office again and call in for the next job.
Pros
Free flights, free drinks, travel
Cons
workaholic
Incredible experience
HR Director of Benefits (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILDecember 8, 2015
The company was sold to health south so was forced to look elsewhere. A young group of upbeat people who were positive influences and supportive. Ability to promote quickly and learn a lot about being in the working world.