Global Response Employee Reviews

Family owned and family oriented business. Very attentive to employees
Brand Specialist for ALLY Bank (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLAugust 27, 2018
Good team spirit and family oriented work environment. Arrive at work, log into computer systems. wait for calls. receive calls and attend callers by friendly salutation, reason for call, answering questions, educating caller of product, services and company. asking "would you like to take care of this today?" then completing order. asking if they have additional vehicles or know of anyone else that may be interested. thank caller for calling!
Pros
Family business with family oriented culture with team support.
Cons
Not much upward mobility, pay is basic. minimum Benefits
smelly and stinky work place
Email/Chat Agent (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJanuary 2, 2019
You have no chance of advancements with this company and your job is not secure they can let you go at any given time they want. Normal companies give yearly raises this company does not , you can work here for 50 years and will not receive a raise. I kindly advise anyone NOT to make a career with this company
Pros
it sucks
Cons
it sucks
A great place to work, with great people!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLNovember 28, 2018
Global was a great place to work, and I got out of it what I put in. By consistently being on the top of the metrics, I earned the respect of both my peers and my managers. I was able to offer past experience and skills to add to the team, and was picked to head up many new projects by my manager.
Pros
Bonuses, fair compensation
Don't stay for over a year, just get the experience and leave
Brand Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJuly 10, 2018
If your looking for something to bring in a little extra money this will work, but don’t try to stay more than a year. After being on 20+ plus accounts at my 3 year mark I was bumped up an extra $1 an hour bringing me to $11. Dedicated employees have one account and make more than a shared agent. This company has a high turn-over rate and it’s mostly employees quitting because of the amount of work you do doesn’t match your pay. This company will make you mentally check out.
Pros
Benefits, theme day dress code, food trucks
Cons
Poor Salary, supervisors barely want to assist, High turn-over rate
Global Response Daily Duties
Customer Service Rep/Returns Specialist (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLApril 5, 2018
A typical work day with Global consists of servicing customers to the best of your ability in accordance with what the customers needs are. What I have learned from this company I had previously learned with other call centers I have worked with. The management is not spectacular but always meets the metric goals. They could be a bit more understanding to the agents needs and difficulties when dealing with program issues. The culture of the work place is one of a business driven environment no more no less. The hardest part of dealing with the job is not being informed of any changes i.e. Sales and Promotions as well as inter office directives. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Low pay, No flexibility, No raises, No room for growth
Its Wonderful ...IF you get in with the inner cirlce
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLSeptember 11, 2018
I worked at Global for 5 years. Starting on one account as an agent. We went through a revolving door of managers as our client was pretty hard to please. I ended up getting promoted to Supervisor after 2 years of being an agent. After 2 years of being supervisor our account was closed so I went to another account as an Admin agent. The owners are very present but do not know alot of the people who work for them. No matter how long you have worked there, you are just a body in a seat. Takes A LOT of time and almost begging to receive a raise. Your co-workers for the most part are amazing its a call center so drama and gossip are all part of it, along with supervisors and managers being right in the middle of it. The whole HR Department is untrustworthy. I have seen over qualified candidates sent away because a manager's child "needed a job". I have seen the owner's friends brought in as managers when they knew absolutely nothing about the account they were about to take over. If you can get in with the inner circle of managers and supervisors you will be fine but be prepared to pretty much feel like a ghost rooming the building and the same routine everyday. On the bright side they have a team of people who put together little things for the agents like ice cream, teas, meals through out the year, the whole month of December is spirit days every day so that is really fun.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
no for sure advancement, pay
Overall job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 5, 2018
It's was 2 Office bldg that I cleaned daily by myself from 2pm to 10pm. It's a very good place to work. My supervisor was very good.
I liked working there.
Pros
You got raises on you job merritt
Cons
I worked at night with transportation problem cause buses stop early.
You should only use this job a secondary job -- not your primary source of income.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLFebruary 18, 2018
Training was adequate for what expected of you.
The pay was too low.
The company felt fractured and disorganized. Your didn't know who to go to in order to get something done.
I felt stranded in a sea of people. The owner of the company was too lax. he allowed his grand children to bring their dog into the work place, which urinated all over the floor. That the most peculiar thing I've ever seen.
Work place culture-keep you head down and do your work. Dont' look for any support from the supervisor. There were no activities that would engage you with other employees.
Pros
You had a job
Cons
Lax and unsupportive management, low salary
Great Atmosphere, Good Attention to Brand Care Specialsts
Brand Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLFebruary 7, 2018
When I first came on board to Global it was for another position with a different client but they thought that I would be a good fit for another Client that Global wanted to assign me to. The Training Facilitators were excellent in training the future Brand Care Specialists as they are called at Global. The care and attention that they give to you is very good as they do provide some one on one with you if you are lacking in a certain area.

As it was for me with my experience they deemed that I would be a better fit for another Client there at Global's Call Center campus.

I would recommend Global for those who really want to get into Customer Service, It's an ideal start off point. However with my skill set I enjoyed my role as Brand Care Specialist. The rate of pay could have been a little higher but I really couldn't argue with it as I had a great schedule to work with.

I recommend them very highly.
Pros
Ample time for lunch breaks and regular breaks, Comfortable Work Stations, Wonderful & nurturing environment.
Cons
Not quite sufficient pay scale. Not enough in the way of raises either.
Don't work at GLOBAL
Brand care specialist (Former Employee) –  Margate, FloridaJanuary 19, 2019
I worked for Global for several years, it is very hard to get a pay increase. The people that have in supervisor positions are not all qualified. I finally left because they refused to take action in reference to the bedbug infestation. The bedbugs would bite us everyday and literally run across the desks. I had never seen a bedbug before global response. Please stay away because it is not a sanitary work place.
Pros
Easy accounts
Cons
Poor pay, no advancement, Severe bedbug infestation!!!!!!!!!!
Easy work
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLNovember 7, 2018
They don't pay well enough but it's easy work for the pay. You don't get a lunch break, just two 15 minute breaks. Overtime opportunities. Management is okay.
Cons
Short breaks
This company is a good company I prefer it to anybody
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLOctober 6, 2018
The job is pretty good,if you keep to yourself and do your work you would be good the hours are good.The job kept me busy most of the time.A typical day at work consists of making or taking calls from a variety of people for a variety of reasons
Pros
Clean and safe atmosphere to be in, hours, sit down job, pretty relaxed at times
Cons
pay, huge turnover rate, no job security, Cell phone and electronic devices are very restricted
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Margate, FL 33068February 9, 2018
Global response is a inbound call center. Although the pay was not the best and they did not offer benefits unless you were made full time, it was a fun place to work (depending the acct that you were assigned to). My time at Global Response was a temporary one for me, simply because I was no longer interested in working in call centers, at least not as an agent. If I had to go back to that type of employment, it would be as a supervisor.
Terrible
Business Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJuly 19, 2018
If you like feeling belittled on a regular basis, working extra hours without pay, not getting recognized for your work, working in a culture of favoritism and intimidation, and getting laid off for no reason, this is the place for you.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
Pay, lack of job security, poor executive management
Customer Service
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLAugust 23, 2018
In bound calls for Lane Bryant catalog

I learned that the company overall was very competitive in giving discounts.

Management treated some employee of the mature age as if they were children

They attempted to be a culture for employees but in my experience they were cold

When they provide rules then break them

When the customers knew what they wanted and I was able to make them smile
Pros
provided lunch
Ok Temporary Job
Brand Specialist (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLOctober 1, 2018
Ok job for now. Love my hours 8-4. Keep to yourself, come on time, and do your job and you won't have any problems. They do get annoying at times when customers want to speak to a supervisors and they want you to deescalate the call.
Pros
hours, sit down job, pretty relaxed at times
Cons
pay, huge turnover rate, no job security
Stay away from this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 13, 2017
Worst company that I've ever worked for. They never give you raise unless if the manager likes you. Their Human resources is horrible, they're always busy. you're just a number, no body's on your side. Stay away from that company, they're aint got nothing good to offer. Manager can disrespect you all they want, and you're aint got no one to complaint to because they're all friends. If you go to HR and complaint for a manager, they won't do anything, but start to pick on you and get you fired. I hate Global Response.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Short breaks or none at all
Call Center
Outbound Agent (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLSeptember 6, 2018
A typical day at work consists of making or taking calls from a variety of people for a variety of reasons.
One of the things I have learned is how to handle tough situations over the phone.
My account had good management who are easy to talk to.
The hardest part is having to handle the sometimes back to back calls and keep busy when it is not so busy.
The most enjoyable part are the pleasant coworkers.
Pros
Training
Cons
Short breaks, sitting all day.
Advanced script on NOPEC aggregation for each individual state
Temp for Man Power (Former Employee) –  Gwinn, MI 49841July 12, 2018
The soccer gation was meant for people to save on electricity and gas through the states that approved and voted in the aggregation people could opt out and pay their own percentage of electricity and gas if they wanted to go through other aggregation programs but it was a state regulation and it had to be explained to those who do not understand who were automatically put into the aggregation if they did not opt out by a certain day.
Pros
Friendly people friendly management
Cons
More training without learning and teaching yourself
Adequate work environment
Lead Account Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLJanuary 22, 2018
It is a clean work enviornment, can be very stressful at times. It's based upon who you know in order to move above a supervisor's position.

The members of the Payroll Department are in need of training concerning "people skills"; they can be quite rude when you need questions answered concerning your pay or 401k deductions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Response. Our community is ready to answer.