Global Security Services
77Above average

Global Security Services Employee Reviews for Armed Security Officer

Armed Security Officer18 reviews
United States18 reviews
The guards acted like children when something did not go their way. The supervisor played favorites with a specific guard and it was extremely obvious. Everything else was a joke. How they handled certain situations and potentially dangerous scenes.
Started as an intern and after the internship they hired me as a security officer. After some time proving my awesomeness (mostly joking) they promoted me to a courier position. It came with an increase in pay. After a year or so as a courier I was moved into a coveted first shift position in a different role and a raise. After some time they offered me a management position with an increase in pay. The point of all this is if you work hard and shine they will recognize you and if they have something open they promote from within first. I love that about them! This is a great place to work.
Great schedule and pay. They provide training online and in person. The in person training is paid. The firearms training is the best I've had with any other group. They take what they do serious and are professionals. They have plenty of hours to go around and they pay weekly which is awesome verses waiting 2 weeks. My co-workers are good. Everyone cares about what they do.
I've read some of the negative reviews and its only the slackers who complain. Do your job and you'll always have one with this bunch. This company goes out of there way to make sure I have what I need. I think they do a great job. Management is firm but fair.
The company overall is pretty good. Alot of the issues are site dependant and revolve around the site supervisor. My super is total garbage and puts his needs way ahead of anyone else. We have been working 50+ hour weeks for months because people keep leaving because of the super and his ethics. The equipment is good, the uniforms are cheap but they have thousands off employees to supply so it's understandable. It's pretty boring but you can always read a book or watch Netflix depending on your site.
I was so excited about this opportunity but it was so awful that I quit after 2 weeks. They promised me a certain shift and then scheduled me on my days off when I was very clear I cannot work, I tried to email the owner to voice my concerns and he clearly did not care one bit about me or what I have going on in my life
Pros
Nothing it’s just like any other security place
Cons
You’re not allowed to have a life
I started with these guys after they took over from another company. When i worked for the other company we had to piece together our gear, swapped guns at shift change and couldn't carry a round in the chamber! With Global they issued us our own full set of duty gear, Glock 22 for each officer (no more swapping), gave us body armor and completely changed how things were ran. No company is perfect but these guys know thier stuff. All these bad reviews are people that got fired for being stupid, lazy or both. The management is legit. They don't take BS or tolerate excuses. They're serious about security which is how it should be.
Global has been in business for 20 years and it shows. They have their stuff together. This issue you everything you need. I read a review where someone complained about being issues a dirty Glock. Laughable. Most companies make you provide everything on your own if they even let you carry gear and someone is going to complain about being issued all of thier gear, body armor, uniforms and actually get training. Unbelievable.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
I've worked for a lot of companies over the years. These guys get it. They are by far and away the best company I've worked for. They are straight shooters. The reviews here are from the people who can't do the job. If you're a slacker...go work some where else bacuase these guys don't do slackers. I think thats a good thing.
I love this company. They stand behind you and support you. They are like family.if you want a loyal family feel come join this company. Everyone supports and encourages you in your tasks and personal growth
Jobs at Global Security Services
Armed Security Officer positions
See more jobs
Locked in solid schedule and an easy and low stress job overall. Most accounts are staffed for government agencies so there are no accounts where you will be in a high stress position dealing with belligerent people, drunks, or the bar scene.

Plenty of work, pays more than most all other local companies, and usually opportunities for more hours.

They provided all uniforms, gear, equipment, firearms, training and licenses at zero cost to the employees. Just have to take care of it all and return it when you're done working for them.
Pros
Set hours, full-time work, low-stress duties.
Cons
Set pay.
Applied and hired, attended their "training" for about an hour and was able to determine it is not a place for any respectable security professional. Positions are constantly posted with a high turnover.
Great place to work. The pay is top in most areas and the benefits are second to none. The have a lot of military type accounts and high expectations but that's what I like about this company. They don't hire slackers which might account for a couple of the reviews.
If you're looking for a good armed security position, this is a good place to start. Depending on which contract you provide security for, you could get some pretty intense security training from very experienced individuals.
Pros
Easy schedule, very relax when asking for days off
Cons
It's security, cons are usually people you interact with
its a great place and my co-workers are great people to work with. The supervisors are very understanding and will work with you if you needed something.
This is a growing company. The management team really cares and it's a great place to work. I actually feel like the job I have matters. GSS has a bunch of military contracts and its awesome knowing I make a difference.
Benefits
With GSS you always get new gear to do the job, awesome training that you really can't get other than an law enforcement academy setting. You always have support of management when your doing your job. Great place to work.
Pros
New Equipment and Gear
Cons
I worked at this position for two years. I had great supervisors and upper management team. All of my fellow employees looked out and helped each other out when we needed to. The wages were not the best but enough to get by. Plenty of down time to do your homework. The hours worked out great for me. If you are a student I would highly recommend this type of employment.
Pros
Easy going work environment. Great owners. Get paid to stay awake.
Cons
Occasional 3rd shift, but what would you expect?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.
Career recommendations for Armed Security Officer
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
Popular locations for Armed Security Officer in US