Global Security Services
77Above average

Global Security Services Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Security Officer12 reviews
United States12 reviews
Upon my arrival at Global, I've nothing bad to say about them. An honest and respectable company to work with. With advancement opportunities, for those with the proper skills and discipline.
Well first of all I use to work for this company and they are messed up there was no hands on training or anything else it was all online. They hire felons. Hours and pay sucks. There is other companies out there that that 17.00Bto 18.00 Hour to carry a firearm. I don't see how this company is still in business.
Official response from Global Security Services
February 10, 2020
GSS does not hire felons because of the nature of our business. Also, employees who are offered a position must pass a background check, as a condition of receiving an employment offer. Candidates are made aware of this condition during the hiring process.

Armed Security Officers are required to work a scheduled shift, which varies at different sites/locations. As for the pay rate, this was agreed upon during the candidate screening process and confirmed at time of hire.
Management sucks, Work sucks, and They don't reply back VIA E-mail or phone when you have an issue. How are you supposed to do you job properly if you do not have your questions met!?
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Management, Pay, Lack of Training, No appreciation for their guards.
Their service is top of the line! They are the most Professional security company around! They really reflect their core values: Duty, Honor, and Integrity. I strongly recommended them to anyone looking for a security provider or looking for employment.
Pros
Great Pay, Benefits, Issued Gear, Company Vehicles
Cons
Its just a good company to work for. The work is easy but not to chill. The area I work is a comfortable place to work and the pay is fair to the point of working.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I work as a uniformed security officer at a military site. We work with great people. Global provides the uniforms, duty gear, weapon, body armor and everything you need.
Benefits
Cons
I was there for 2 years and never had pto. This company will make you feel good in the beginning but does not care about you at all. Not military friendly they will work you to death even if you have a drill day the very next morning.
Cons
Great company that provides great pay benifits and service with a professional atmosphere that really sets the bar for security services in the Quad City area.
I have worked for a lot of companies but this is by far the most organized and certainly the most professional. They actually take pride in their appearance and provided armed security unlike most companies out there.
Pros
Pto, vacation, benefits
Management is ambitious, but not moving quickly to get jobs in the areas where jobs are not available anymore. Good company with slow aspirations.
Jobs at Global Security Services