Global Security Employee Reviews

Global security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2018
Out of state company contracted to hire local employees for security company picked up and moved with out notice to employees and left us without pay and benifits
Horrible work place
Aircraft agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 20, 2018
The Most unorganized Company EVER !! Management Is HORRIBLE ! No good benefits ! Lack Of communication & Theres Nothing But Drama Here ! You have to watch yourself cause there’s Always Someone Out to Get you this Company Is Terrible Even the one in New York ! Low Post Pay & So On !! I wouldn’t recommend this Job to Anyone cause it is Just a waste Of time . Pls Save Yourself The Misery it’s Not worth it !!!!
Pros
Friendly Faces
Cons
Short breaks, don’t get a break Majority of the time
Great Place To Work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 16, 2018
While working security with the Army Corps of Engineers, I was tasked to secure people, property, and all aspects concerning the Vessels and waterways leading into the Illinois river.
It’s an ok work place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 14, 2018
The pay is only 10.45. But you only get paid by flight, the work environment is descent. The managers are ok. The hours aren’t that good. The workers are ok
DO NOT APPLY worst company ever
Security agent (Former Employee) –  Newark Liberty international airportOctober 17, 2018
First off they lie about paying you for your downtime now some flights are only two hours while you’re there for four hours and not getting paid for the two remaining hours you waited for the next flight.. now if you do a longer flight they still will only pay you half of the flight hours that you’ve done in total they will take hours from everyone management is not to be trusted the female general manager was very unprofessional and had no type of general manager experience....the 2 men supervisors are very lazy and perverted they will have u doing Their job while they sit in the car and try to flirt with the girls at the airport from Global agents to whatever company ..ITS unacceptable ...LOOK OUT FOR PEREZ...(CREEP)I hope this company gets Investigated and shut down..they are bunch of scammers and PORT AUTHORITY need to get them out of the airport ..
Pros
Working at EWR
Cons
don’t pay you .steal hours ... terrible company
awful
Command Center Officer (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORSeptember 27, 2018
I was surrounded by thin in shape males. they made fun of me daily for my weight and recorded me behind my back. it was so awful I had to see a dr. for depression and anxiety just to go to work
Pros
money
Cons
everything
Don't Apply
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Humble, TexasSeptember 6, 2018
I quit as soon as possible.
Management is horrible they had me trainning with a person they were about to fire and had the nerve to tell me don't really listen to them we are going to fire her.
Horrible just horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasAugust 25, 2018
horrible workplace. AWFUL management. everyone quits on the one in houston at bush airport. don’t work for them! the female manager always brought her issues at home to work. racist. black head manager just kissed her behind all day everyday.
Fun place and face paced
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJuly 11, 2018
The only thing I didn't like was you were in the middle of nowhere mostly no cell service by yourself in a guard shack. Other than that it was laid back and lots of people to meet.
Pros
By yourself
Execellent place to work
FSD (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
Productive fun work place and will recommend to my friends..The programs and job environment are good .And good place work and retire.More opportunities for advancement
Very poor
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2018
Everything about this company was really bad , it was a bad experience for my first time doing security they were very unprofessional unorganized and much more it’s a lot this company had to fix
Take advantage of your jfk badge
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 9, 2018
Not worth being here more then 6 months. Get the job you really desire.Want to get a higher paying security position ? Use global for their experience
Pros
supervisors are cool. job offers many positions in the global compny
Cons
no clock in systems everything is written on paper which can easily be erased.
Fun place to work
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 26, 2018
This company was one of the best I've ever worked. They gave you bonuses and the chance to advance and grow without causing you to be stressed out. They gave you so much to look forward to in the work field.
Everything sucked
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 16, 2018
You are hired as as sub-contractor so that means no overtime (you will be asked to work on average 60+ hours a week and if you say no you will be made to feel bad about it and you will be continually pestered), and no taxes are with held from your paychecks.
Pros
You'll get hired on the spot
Cons
Literally everything
job
Senior Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMarch 5, 2018
This place is a great place to work. I would recommend this place to anyone. This workplace is great. Each and everyday things are different with new and exciting things.
Fast paced security work place
Duty Manager/ Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  John F. Kennedy International AirportJanuary 9, 2018
I started as a security agent and within three months I was promoted to overnight supervisor. I did that for seven months then I was promoted to Duty Manager. so there's room for advancement but they don't pay much and once you reach a certain point it's hard to move up any further.
Slow pace and interesting
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Requires lots of standing and being alert at all times. Can be boring at time, also kind of interesting due the amount of people you meet. That's mostly base on the the position you're place on.
Being a area manager, insuring that the security guards are hired.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Security, COJanuary 2, 2018
. Able to locate, train and hire security officers.
. Learning the upper management job for advancement.
. Good management create good success.
. Finding good security officers for the right location.
. Finding, training and Qualifying the right security officers for securing the re-locating of all BB&T banks.
. Is to be able to travel in an around two different states to insure the banks are pleased with company services.
Pros
The certifying of all arm security officers at the firing range.
Cons
Unable to find officers to for the number of security location.
No locker room ,you don't get the proper gears for the winter & when you get sick , they tell you that you can't call out .
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 31, 2017
Global has the worse management ever ,they short your pay check & then you have to fight for it . Agents are under paid & clients are paying for service they not getting.
Pros
Long gaps
Cons
No insurance, no benefits, checks always wrong
Easy job if you are on a drill site- frac site not so easy
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  SE OhioDecember 15, 2017
MGMT sucks! They lie and manipulate employees to get what they want. Lots of intimidation tactics used by mgmt. Easy job but you will practically live there!
Pros
good $
Cons
poor mgmt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Security. Our community is ready to answer.