Global Tel*Link Employee Reviews

2.2
Ratings breakdown
Never a dull moment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 14, 2018
A typical day begins with addressing customer emails, reviewing tasks related to each customer, participating in scheduled meetings both, internal and with our customers, customer training, and peer interaction. I learn something new everyday either by trial and error, from my peers or my manager. I believe GTL has a great culture when it comes to family time. The hardest part of the job for me is turning it off at night. I enjoy my peer interaction and creating impactful interactions for our customers.
Pros
Open Lines of Communication
Cons
Upward Mobility
GTL, get your act together!
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 11, 2018
worked for a year in a professional capacity with GTL. No serious onboarding, you are thrown to the wolves as soon as you join. Management is disjointed at best but talks a big talk about reducing silos and increasing communications between divisions. Sales promises everything to the customer and everyone else must make do on the promises. Development staff is very talented but backlog is immense. New CEO, new merger with Telmate = loss of a lot of productive and hardworking people. Too bad. "Coulda been a contender..."
Pros
working from home or office.
Cons
disjointed management strategies
Run Run Run!!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 2, 2018
This company cares about money....period! They make you answer a certain amount of calls and rush you to the next. Its only 10 bucks a hour where the national average is 15 bucks a hour. You qualify for a 700 buck bonus every month depending on your "Quality"... lol. No one rarely gets the entire 700. Most people will be lucky to get 200 dollars because they mark you off for every little thing. Its truly sad. Up the pay! Turnover rate is extremly high because of the low pay....you cant live off it. Every employee complains about the pay and they can care less as we make all the money for them. Straight slave culture. Take this review seriously because I just saved you a waste of your time. Dont believe me? Bring your tail out here then.
Pros
Not one thing!
Cons
Going home after a shift!
On call, low pay
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 25, 2017
Stressful work environment, a few good managers, mostly poor. Little chance of advancement. Poor pay, considering on call work schedule. Normal corporate culture of passing the buck. Highly unethical business practices. Working with corectional staff is like smashing yourself in the head with a hammer daily.
Pros
Some time off
Cons
On call, stressful work
No Direction
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 1, 2017
Most of my coworkers workers were awesome, but the department I was in had poor leadership and no direction. The job itself was slow paced and boring. No room for growth or advancement.
Pros
Free coffee/soda, decent pay
Railroaded
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 16, 2017
I didn't mind working for CCG who are the field management contractor for GTL. I was released on trumped up charges that could not be proven. My unemployment was denied. I challenged
the denial and during the hearing they could not prove any charges.

I keep in touch with several field techs and they didn't understand why I was released and I was considered a good tech. But they say I am lucky not to be there.
Pros
good support
Cons
aimlessness
Nice place to work
Team Leader/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 16, 2017
Nice place to work; my biggest drawback, the desk were too close to the next desk. No privacy what so ever. The lunch hour went by rapidly. If I gained the chance to work there again? yes I would gladly do so.
Wouldn't Recommend
Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 3, 2017
Very cut throat and the company could care less that you have a personal life. You are to put the company first no matter what is going on in your personal life and/or family.
Pros
Cons
Many.
Great Place but no advancement
Network Support Specialist, Software Licensing (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 27, 2017
Most of the managers are great. They work to make the job nice however there isn't any room for advancement. The company offers great benefits. They are constantly merging and acquiring new business so job security may become a issue.
Pros
Nice Environment
Cons
No Advancement
Very little room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 26, 2017
When I first started I liked the job and people I work with, but after being there for over a year i see very little room for advancement in this job..
Micro managers no room for advancement
Site Admin/tech (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 14, 2016
Working with customer is the best part of job. Managers in Sacramento micro manage and always negative. They never have any positive things to say. Not good place to work. Money hungry company. Managers only care about getting their bonus money and do nothing for the employees who actually work and make sure the job is done
Pros
Customers are friendly and good coworkers
Cons
Managers micro manage, no raises, pay is ok
Extremely High Stressed Inviroment
Call Center Escelation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 24, 2016
If I was offered the same job in the future, I would not accept. They crook their customers and the company has little to no respect for their employees.
Good company to work for
Assistant Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 4, 2016
A place with great opportunities of advancement for hard workers.
What I enjoy the most is to be able to talk to customers all over the world while managing the International Department. Being able to coach my team members that with the years became family.
Pros
Great Benefits and opportunities for career advances.
Cons
Not being able to adjust family time as your needs change
No Direction.
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Mobile AlMay 21, 2013
Working for this company was like being a revolving door. You never know whats going on and what direction your going in.

Managment never tell you how good your doing, you have to figure it out yourself by the same BS review you received.

Pros
Free Soda
Cons
No Tech Support Leadership, No Training, and No Growth, No Trust in Managment.
Company brings a service that cant some cant compete with.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 16, 2012
Customer service is something that can be improved. Some employees have compassion for the job.
Pros
free monthly massages
Cons
short lunches