GLOBAL TEL LINK Employee Reviews

The reality of gtl
BILLING CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 22, 2018
The worst place on earth . GTL lost my Social security info and tried to cover it up . The HR department forgot to pay me and then when they finally did , they forgot to take out my benefits. This is a Micromanage company .All bathroom breaks are timed. you get a write up if your bathroom time is too long . they only pay you 10 dollars an hour . They will promise you a bonus , but good luck if you think you gonna get it. No employee is valued . They have a very high turnover rate . Good luck at talking to corporate they never respond and when they do its to question rules that they set in place. They will constantly lie to you . They DON'T JUST GET OVER ON CUSTOMERS . THEY ALSO GET OVER ON EMPLOYEES . THIS IS A VERY MONEY HUNGRY COMPANY . MY ADVISE RESEARCH THE COMPANY BEFORE WORKING HERE. THEY GET SUED ALMOST EVERY YEAR SEEMS LIKE .
Pros
Cons
Everythhing
Unfair work place.
Customer Service Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 18, 2018
In life things aren’t fair however, at Global Tel Link they’re manipulative when it comes to the workers. They allow the favorites to do overtime. They write you up for things that aren’t true and, threaten to fire if it isn’t signed. Wrongfully fire.
N/a
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 14, 2018
They treat employees like grown-ups. They share information with employees, listen to their ideas (or better yet, actively seek out and act upon their ideas) and assume they are responsible enough to manage their own time.
No comment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 13, 2018
No comment great place to work late hours when you first start working here, job is very repetitive, customers are very rude and will curse you and call you names.
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
late hours
overall great place to work
Escalations Rep (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 30, 2018
I learned how to serve the customers needs in a overall professional yet effective manner and management was there to answer any questions that we had to ensure that the customers received the best service
Strict work place
Customer Service/ Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 12, 2018
High call volume very stressful if you need help it is not always easy to get very strict no talking to co workers while on the floor only time to use restroom was on break or lunch otherwise it was discouraged
Pros
great benifits
Cons
very strict and stressful
fun place to work
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 5, 2018
good company to work for, easy apply. advancement was easy, just be able to think as a manager. telephone operator. solved peoples issues while person was in jail.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not many breaks
great money
Customer Service, Biller (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 26, 2018
This is a company to work for if youre looking to make a decent amount of money and to get great benefits. However this job can be stressful as all jobs can be.
You will most likely always be a temp.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 14, 2018
Being there for years it wasn't for everyone. Call center environment with cliques and 95% of the customers are really rude. It gets extremely frustrating. Management is crooked.
Pros
It's money
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes get a lunch, management, micro managing
No review
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 1, 2018
I liked working there. Benefits - medical, dental, vision, life, metlaw, pet insurance, 401k. 3% 401k match............................................................

Want to know more about GLOBAL TEL LINK?

Ask a question
Money hungry
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AlMarch 12, 2018
GTL started off as a company that took from the poor and gave to the rich. We corrected this when I started. As a result of putting the customer first GTL flourished and quickly became the market leader.
Once the company was purchased by financial investment companies money became the driving factor in every decision. The company is now failing and is forced to close offices and cut head count to stay afloat.
My Internship at Global Tel Link
IT Support Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJanuary 8, 2018
The most important knowledge I've gained is how to properly respond to clients and that Comprehension and Consistency are keys to success. Management is absolutely lovely, everyone was kind and willing to offer me assistance. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the cubicle environment since I'm used to being on my feet, but in the end I enjoyed my experience greatly.
Pros
Friendly environment, very cooperative people
Bad Company to work for
FIELD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 1, 2017
Not acceptable place to work, The Upper management are not
acquiring new accounts Rases are very few and no chance for
promotions, I dought that this company will be around in the near future,
Awesome job
Regional Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 8, 2017
I was a dispatcher and the job was very easy. The people on my team was awesome. I had the best manager ever.
The job was simple order entry and required good communication skills.
Pros
Good pay, friendly environment, great benefits
Cons
System issues
Alot of differnet personalities
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 18, 2017
I have been there for going on three weeks now. This is not the place I feel that I will be at a long time.
This is a fairly new internet company trying to get established. Yes, there are kinks in the company, but management does not seem to want to change anything to stop the high turn around of people starting and quitting on them.
I wish them well and will stay until I find something new that will be my permanent job until retirement.
I wish them a lot of good luck in their company.
Pros
Cons
half hour lunch, too many clicky personalities among employees.
Cut throat
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 31, 2017
Management not trained properly, always firing someone for no reason. Only 10 people working at this current time. Human Resource will not help in anyway.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Management, firing, no backbone
Friendly environment
Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 15, 2016
Good team to work with.Flexible in timings with good management and team work involved in all aspects of work.help us to learn new things with good environment.
zero customer satisfaction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville FloridaOctober 17, 2016
Company has no concept of customer service. Is only interested in length of the incoming call. Not the content of the call. Can not deviate from the script. Must complete the call in less than 5 minutes.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 17, 2016
In bound calls relative to account set up for inmate calls. Answered over 100 calls daily. Team building strategies, minimum goals required, and enjoyed the fast pace environment.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
healthcare
Nice work Environment, No benefits
Assistant Corporate Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 27, 2016
Friendly work environment, however the overall company has no benefits. I had no PTO, Vacation or medical benefits. There is no room for advancement or promotions.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits