Global Teletherapy

Global Teletherapy Employee Reviews

After working in a brick and mortar school setting for over 25 years I was curious about how I would be able to connect to students and families online. I have been surprised at how much easier it was than I thought. I have loved the lack of politics, the support from the people in the company, and the flexibility and control I have over my schedule. It has been a great transition choice post retirement!
Pros
Flexibility, easy access to support, free/low cost professional development, little to no work politics
Cons
No benefits
I'm not happy at GT. Management needs to do a better job of supporting and following up on therapist issues. I have been stressed by this position and felt railroaded already multiple times. I was ready to leave before I got my first check (30 day wait time after the month ends--so you could wait 2 months before you see your first check).And I had to pay out of pocket to add them to my insurance.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Poor leadership, low hourly wage, slow answers to inquiries, poor support for new providers
GT is a great company to work for! They provide you access to assessment tools, virtual platforms and intervention resources! Very supportive to employees!
Pros
Flexible schedule, provide resources for evals and interventions
Cons
Yearly contracts at schools may or may not be renewed. As a therapist you are a contract employee
GT is a wonderful company to work for. They offer so many resources/supports and there are so many opportunities to build your desired caseload. I’ve worked as an SLP for many different teletherapy companies and GT is definitely the best one out there.
Working at Global Teletherapy is very rewarding. Not only do you see the results of helping kiddos nationwide, but the company is run with a growth mentality and that is huge for daily motivation.
Pros
Healthy work environment and room for growth
What I enjoy most is working from home, the people I work with and the fulfilling work I do. I know I'm helping the children as a School Social Recruiter employee and I'm helping qualified therapist have a good job where they can work from home. They have a professional environment with an opportunity to grow. ~Suzanne
Pros
benefits, professional people, supportive atmosphere, working from home, making a difference
Cons
more people interaction during the day
Felt completly lost. When reaching out to superiors they did not always have a clear answer to my questions. Was promised over and over again that my case load would increase and it never did...only had 2 students. Was told if I purchase another licence it would improve my clientel...I did...worst mistake spending all that money to obtain and pay for another licence out of state all for nothing. Would reach out to person who promised me more students and he would never return my emails or calls. It was an overall frustrating experience where I spent way too much time completing work that I felt like was not compensated for.
Pros
The online training.
Cons
Seriously...everything.
February 23, 2021
Very poor support and they did not help when needed. They did not provide any guidance, they lacked in communication with staff except when there was an issue.
March 19, 2021
Dear teletherapist, We are so sorry to hear about your disappointing experience; please reach out to us directly to discuss further and see what happened here. We would like to work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us at (888) 511-9395 to discuss this further.
I have been with Global Teletherapy for about 2 years. They have always been flexible and so easy to work with. I have worked for other telepractice companies who were disorganized. GT is so organized and I do feel they pay fairly.
Pros
Access to a liaison who helps when you have questions so you aren't left wandering in the dark, active online community of therapists so you don't feel like you're on an island, pays for indirect time and meetings so you don't feel like you're working for free!
Cons
No benefits, pay for your own licenses, no reimbursements
I appreciate the ethical culture at GT. Where other companies encourage inflating productivity GT stresses honest communication and reporting. My manager has helped me to grow in new ways and afforded me the respect to set my own limits. I have enjoyed the longevity of working with the same students for several years. I’m happy to recommend GT!
Pros
Raises each year!
Cons
1099 for most
Contract position in which only direct time spent with the student is paid to the therapist. Many hours of paperwork and documentation for caseload that may include students that have only quarterly or 1/month service. Too much outside unpair work to justify this as a feasible position to supplement income. Be aware that there is a $200 Early contract fee if a 30 day notice is not submitted before leaving the company. Cons: Many hours and time spent contacting families, calling, texting families to schedule, documenting communication attempts, contacting school and GT staff when families are not responsive to attempts to schedule services, documenting service scheduling times, reminding families of service dates, trouble shooting technology issues with families, updating programs reports, corresponding with families and teachers, preparing for sessions.
Pros
Discussion forums, resource lists, virtual periodic training “Huddles”
Cons
Many hours of unpaid work outside of sessions.
January 13, 2021
Thank you for your honest feedback; we are always interested in hearing from clinicians to find ways to improve. So sorry to hear that this was your experience. Did you relay your thoughts to our leadership team? We feel strongly that excellent communication is key to ensuring success within our company, and hope that you will reconsider us in the future.
Right from the "get-go" Global Teletherapy was on point with providing training, support, and resources to me as a new teletherapist. They are well established and very organized. Management and staff have been so supportive, helpful, and kind. Thank you!
Pros
schedule flexibility, independence, support, training, great communication, abundant resources
Cons
no health insurance/benefits as an independent contractor
This company is truly top-notch. The training and ongoing support is amazing, and the management and coworkers do what they can to help you succeed from start to finish. It is a great environment, offers a competitive salary, and allows a flexible schedule. I couldn't be happier, and am so grateful for the opportunity to be part of a great company like GT. It is more than a job, it really is a passion, and in large part due to the team!
Pros
Flexible, supportive, competitive salary
Cons
No health insurance.
The company provides wonderful support and resources. They facilitate many opportunities for therapists to share knowledge and network. I know that any concern I have will be addressed promptly. I don't ever want to work anywhere else!
Pros
Lots of support and resources provided
Cons
Lack of benefits as all employees work as independent contractors
I recently started working at Global Teletherapy and one of my favorite things about it is how quickly I was able to get involved in what I was doing. I was able to go through the onboarding process while also getting work done and feeling like I was contributing.
I worked with Global Teletherapy (GT) for a number of years and had the same issues throughout my tenure. If you are licensed in multiple states you can accumulate an adequate caseload to make a living. However, maintaining those licenses may become cumbersome. The company is the middle man between you and the schools you work with which can make communication an issue. Furthermore, there is zero accountability on GT's part as they take an extended period of time to provide referrals. The liaisons also take at least a week off each month in which clinicians have to reach out to one person for "urgent matters." Lastly, there appears to be a significant turn around issue in the salaried positions as there is a random person sending emails requesting information each month. Overall, it helped me start my career in teletherapy but never made any changes since then. GT is an insular company who only wants people just like them in positions of power.
Pros
The ability to work from home
Cons
There is NO diversity or inclusion in the salaried positions, poor communication by the liaisons, limited access to subscirption services for therapy materials, no career advancement, no bonuses or salary raises, no ability to become an employee only independent contractors
January 13, 2021
The company strives to be a leader in the field of telepractice. They provide a lot of support for therapists. They have resources for therapists and a sense of community to connect each other together to share ideas.
Global Teletherapy is a terrific company to work for! They are very supportive and provide ways to learn through professional development. The pay is terrific and there is a work/life balance.
I have been working with Global Teletherapy for a full year now. I have never worked in a more supportive environment before. The administration and clinical staff are all lovely individuals who are dedicated to help all of the students and therapists succeed. I definitely love coming to work each and every day and would certainly recommend this company to both a fellow employee as well as a school looking to contract.
Pros
Flexibility, great work environment
Overwhelming initially. Many faces and you are handed off to folks you don’t know. You are required to buy upfront equipment and are not paid for training. Folks are very friendly, but not always knowledgeable. Tech help is virtually nonexistent. Also, setting up your own schedule was difficult as it is hard to get in to I with clients. I did not hear back from my first family...ever. When I decided it was not worth my time they tried to charge me an early termination fee. Better options out there...try Amwell.
I was so excited to accept this position and start providing teletherapy services to students. I signed a contact with Global Teletherapy over 6 months ago and have yet to receive one referral, which means I haven't made one dollar. I did have to complete hours of online training, multiple training calls, and buy a new computer since my old one was not compatible with the therapy applications the company utilizes. Communication from admin has been friendly but slow. When I inquired about the lack of referrals I was told that things were slow at my assigned school and the company did not have contracts with any other schools in my state. Unfortunately, this has been a waste of my time and money.
  1. Employee Reviews