Global Teletherapy
Happiness rating is 67 out of 100

Global Teletherapy Employee Reviews

United States75 reviews

gtglobaltherapiststudentresourcesessionprovidebenefit

What others have said: Great company, low pay

I am so much happier after making the switch from brick-and-mortar schools to online school with Global Teletherapy. However, I have been a school-based SLP for 25 years and am not being adequately compensated, particularly since there are no benefits included.

So sad they have been bought out by another company

Has been the best teletherapy company to work for but they have been bought out by Presence Learning. They had liaison positions that did almost all the petty work and correspondence between the schools and therapists so you could do your job efficiently. They cared about students and you could actually trust them. All good things come to an end. Unfortunately the company they have been bought out by have a bad reputation.

Happy with the company, pay could be better

The company is a good fit for those looking for flexibility over the course of a year. I am able to sign on for the number of hours I want and there are always opportunities to increase, without pressure, if I need them. The company is supportive and I would recommend working for them. They guide you through everything and are well organized. The pay is not great, however, especially when you consider the lack of benefits.

They don't really know what they are doing

They promise you everything under the sun. They don't know what the schools have. They tell you there is work, but they can't promise any amount of hours. Medicaid pays for paperwork, the "pay" a "bonus" but the schools bother you for "EVERYTHING" under the sun that is on your time, uncompensated. Look elsewhere, if you need to make money. They want to make this work, but you can't pay the bills on hopes and dreams.

Global Teletherapy is a company that supports clinicians. They provide excellent mentorship and resources.

Global Teletherapy provides mentorship and has great resources. The management cares about clients and contracting professionals. I feel supported as a clinician and have ample opportunities to collaborate with other clinicians. Global Teletherapy also offers continuing education and relevant learning to support professional growth.

Pros

work from home, mentorship/collaboration with other clinicians across disciplines, flexibility of schedule and caseload

Cons

subcontract work so no benefits package

Excellent-20 stars

Excellent support for staff. Management really cares. The resources that Global Teletherapy has is awesome !!!! I feel very comfortable and confident working at GT because of all the wonderful resources and support from Management.

Pros

setting my own schedule, Being able to work from home (so much time saved not commuting to work), Great team at GT

Cons

none yet.

Great Teletherapy Company

I have been an Independent Contractor with Global Teletherapy for the past three years on and off. I enjoy working with virtual schools and having decreased case management responsibilities/less paperwork. I actually have the opportunity to provide Speech & Language Therapy with students and not be overwhelmed by huge caseloads. Global provides me with professional development opportunities on a monthly basis. I have access to a library full of materials and interactions with a variety of other professionals to help problem-solve. When needed, there is always support with paperwork, billing and any other issues that arise with teletherapy. I love the small feeling of this company.

Remote position

I am fairly new and feel there is a lack of support from Liaison and Clinical Coordinator. The school you are contracted to does not offer any support. Therefore when you can not get it from GT, you get overwhelmed. Bringing up concerns results in disappointment. So, I have a mixed review as you can "somewhat" make your own schedule within parameters.

Pros

Make own schedule to a certain point

Cons

Poor pay, training

Productive, pleasant and posiive work environment

Global Teletherapy offers a first-rate counseling program and mental health services for students. I enjoy my role as a contracted Global Teletherapist working with students of various ages and backgrounds. The biggest benefit is that I am provided a wealth of resources to service students remotely, however I am granted the flexibility and autonomy to tailor the content of my sessions according to individual student needs. The Administrative Staff is awesome as well, as they send occasional goodies and gifts to let you know you are appreciated.

Pros

Job and Schedule Flexibility

Best Staff

I have worked for many companies. GT has the nicest and most understanding staff. They are there for their staff and students alike. I love working for them and their schools they service!!

The Best In The Industry. Look No Further.

After working as a school-based SLP in a brick and mortar for 17 years, I retired and looked for something else to do. I came across teletherapy, interviewed for several companies, and decided upon Global Teletherapy. Their pay-rate was the highest, they offered the most flexibility, and their onboarding staff were so personable and kind. That was August of 2017 and I can tell you it was the best decision I've ever made. I began with taking only a few students and then gradually added more. Being brand new to teletherapy and having no experience I had no idea what to expect. The company offered some training. Other more seasoned therapists immediately reached out to show me the ropes and hold practice sessions with me. I believe the company now offers more support and training to new therapists than it did in 2017. Lead SLPs are readily available to assist, support, and advise. GT offers free Smart Notebook, Super Duper Digital, as well as an ever-growing bank of materials. Therapists share freely and support one another. Of course, I purchase a lot of my own materials from Teacher's Pay Teachers. I own a TON of Boom Cards and other digital materials, but this is my personal choice. GT offers relevant informational podcasts as well as free CEU workshops. Global Teletherapy is a family-owned company with the most kind, supportive staff you will find anywhere. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the people I have come to know and dealt with. Unparalleled support. On the few occasions where I encountered a difficult situation with a parent or school staff member, GT had -

Pros

Flexible hours, Part-time or full-time, No commute, High compensation, Wonderful support, Positive staff-employee relationships.

Cons

No benefits, but this is the norm, as the few that do only offer benefits to full-time employees and the pay is substantially lower.

Supportive company with low pay

Overall, great support and the needed tools to work with students. There was a lot to learn technology-wise but the company has several supports to help with anything! GT seems to be a progressive company as they are always working on ways to better support the contractors.

Pros

Several support systems, always others to ask for help with students and their needs

Cons

Low hourly pay, no benefits

Such a refreshing change!

I worked over 17 years in a brick and mortar school, sometimes in small closets, sometimes in the library, hallways, even outside on nice days because I never had my "space" and was under-appreciated. Not with GlobalTeletherapy! Now I have my own "home" office, my comfort zone, and the flexibility and support from GT is amazing. I feel like I can continue in my career in this capacity for the rest of my career without feeling that "burn out" that I did before.

Resourceful and employee driven

I was skeptical about working for an online therapy company. I read a lot of negative reviews about it. I had a tough time adjusting after 13 + years working in the field. I tried it, was welcomed, and provided all the help and encouragement I needed. The staff at GT is there for you and VERY willing to help with everything! they are understanding and want you to enjoy what you do! The schools, staff, students and families have been a pleasure to work with as well!

Pros

make your own schedule

Cons

Pay is less

Great company with great people. I have worked here for several years and have had good experiences with every person in the company. They work hard to make sure you feel prepared and informed.

Flexible work life from home. I have really enjoyed the students and working with the parents/coach to ensure the students success.

Poor compensation for the 1099 contractor, very little of work load is billable service. Difficult for the 1099 contractor to make a profit and not compensated for most required paperwork.

Pros

Lots of resources, flexible scheduling, accept as much work that you would like, professional support staff, and management

Cons

Very time consuming Onboarding, no reimbursement for Onboarding, most of the paperwork or scheduling of students non reimbursable.

Never had a better work/life balance than I do now

I am going into my 3rd school year with GT as a School Social Worker. I continue to tell people that I have never felt more in control of my life with a "normal" salary than I do since working with GT. I am a mom and I am able to use my professional degree while also being a regular part of my daughter's daily life and activities - This was my #1 priority in returning to work after becoming a parent. Depending on how much YOU choose to work, the work load can be challenging or not challenging at all. I choose to work a full load - which can be challenging and pretty fast paced, but I enjoy it - It suits me. The flexibility I get with GT allows for my husband and I to both be present with our child and bring in a reliable source of income. Leadership, organization and communication skills definitely make the job more manageable - these are very important to bring to the work and the team. Management are extremely supportive with day to day tasks, understanding policies, but even with our own professional development. For me the hardest part of the job is spending so much time on the computer, but I knew this when I signed on and I was willing to spend the time on the computer because of everything I get in return. For me the autonomy makes this the best employer I have ever had. Hands down. During a global pandemic where all of my in-person school positions became unreliable, I realized even more, how lucky I have been to have this opportunity come my way (I started part-time only a handful of months before lockdown started to "try it out").

Pros

autonomy, communication, no micromanaging, very supportive

Cons

raises, lots of computer time

Flexible work environment with passionate employees and opportunities for continuing education.

I've had a great start at GT! The onboarding process was smooth and I was offered referrals shortly after starting. It may be hard to get a full schedule quickly if that is what you are looking for, but I imagine your schedule can build up over time. I enjoy the flexibility of working from home and being able to manage my schedule. The students have been great to work with and I feel energized and excited to start the work week every Monday. GT offers a great support system with access to therapist forums, a plethora of resources, and continuing education. Even though I am working remotely, I truly feel like I am part of a talented team.

Pros

Work from home, manage your schedule, shared resources, friendly support system, passionate and professional team

Cons

No benefits (holidays/pto/retirement/insurance), May take time to build up a full schedule

Supportive management and ancillary staff. Contract position.

I make my own schedule. This is a contract position so there are no paid days off but you can move your schedule around to accommodate appointments and obligations outside of work. They do provide OT kits and external web cams for the students that you request them for. Continuing education is provided by them through different trainings. There are virtual meetings and forums to get feedback from other clinicians.

Pros

Flexible schedule, management tools available, OT tools available, shared bank of resources, continuing education provided, good administrative support.

Cons

No paid days off or insurance.

Just Ok.

As a social worker several students were referred, but 60% did not attend virtual session. Alot of time is wasted trying to contact parents and document no shows, both of which you are not compensated for. Also felt scrutenized when students did not attend session.

Great flexibility

Great flexibility and you are able to make your own schedule! However, referrals are far and in between! Not enough consistency and many of the referrals end up not showing up for services. Global has awesome resources to utilize for session! They also rely on you to pay for licensing, CEUs, liability insurance. Many great companies will reimburse or pay for those things.

Pros

Flexibility, resources available to use

Cons

No stipend or pay towards CEUS, very limited amount of referrals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Teletherapy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight