Global Teletherapy

Global Teletherapy Employee Reviews

United States38 reviews
Right from the "get-go" Global Teletherapy was on point with providing training, support, and resources to me as a new teletherapist. They are well established and very organized. Management and staff have been so supportive, helpful, and kind. Thank you!
Pros
schedule flexibility, independence, support, training, great communication, abundant resources
Cons
no health insurance/benefits as an independent contractor
This company is truly top-notch. The training and ongoing support is amazing, and the management and coworkers do what they can to help you succeed from start to finish. It is a great environment, offers a competitive salary, and allows a flexible schedule. I couldn't be happier, and am so grateful for the opportunity to be part of a great company like GT. It is more than a job, it really is a passion, and in large part due to the team!
Pros
Flexible, supportive, competitive salary
Cons
No health insurance.
The company provides wonderful support and resources. They facilitate many opportunities for therapists to share knowledge and network. I know that any concern I have will be addressed promptly. I don't ever want to work anywhere else!
Pros
Lots of support and resources provided
Cons
Lack of benefits as all employees work as independent contractors
I recently started working at Global Teletherapy and one of my favorite things about it is how quickly I was able to get involved in what I was doing. I was able to go through the onboarding process while also getting work done and feeling like I was contributing.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I worked with Global Teletherapy (GT) for a number of years and had the same issues throughout my tenure. If you are licensed in multiple states you can accumulate an adequate caseload to make a living. However, maintaining those licenses may become cumbersome. The company is the middle man between you and the schools you work with which can make communication an issue. Furthermore, there is zero accountability on GT's part as they take an extended period of time to provide referrals. The liaisons also take at least a week off each month in which clinicians have to reach out to one person for "urgent matters." Lastly, there appears to be a significant turn around issue in the salaried positions as there is a random person sending emails requesting information each month. Overall, it helped me start my career in teletherapy but never made any changes since then. GT is an insular company who only wants people
just like them in positions of power.
Pros
The ability to work from home
Cons
There is NO diversity or inclusion in the salaried positions, poor communication by the liaisons, limited access to subscirption services for therapy materials, no career advancement, no bonuses or salary raises, no ability to become an employee only independent contractors
The company strives to be a leader in the field of telepractice. They provide a lot of support for therapists. They have resources for therapists and a sense of community to connect each other together to share ideas.
Global Teletherapy is a terrific company to work for! They are very supportive and provide ways to learn through professional development. The pay is terrific and there is a work/life balance.
I have been working with Global Teletherapy for a full year now. I have never worked in a more supportive environment before. The administration and clinical staff are all lovely individuals who are dedicated to help all of the students and therapists succeed. I definitely love coming to work each and every day and would certainly recommend this company to both a fellow employee as well as a school looking to contract.
Pros
Flexibility, great work environment
Overwhelming initially. Many faces and you are handed off to folks you don’t know. You are required to buy upfront equipment and are not paid for training. Folks are very friendly, but not always knowledgeable. Tech help is virtually nonexistent. Also, setting up your own schedule was difficult as it is hard to get in to I with clients. I did not hear back from my first family...ever. When I decided it was not worth my time they tried to charge me an early termination fee. Better options out there...try Amwell.
I was so excited to accept this position and start providing teletherapy services to students. I signed a contact with Global Teletherapy over 6 months ago and have yet to receive one referral, which means I haven't made one dollar. I did have to complete hours of online training, multiple training calls, and buy a new computer since my old one was not compatible with the therapy applications the company utilizes. Communication from admin has been friendly but slow. When I inquired about the lack of referrals I was told that things were slow at my assigned school and the company did not have contracts with any other schools in my state. Unfortunately, this has been a waste of my time and money.
Advancement is limited to those with like religious affiliations of Company. Professional growth and degree are not rewarded on limited pay scale. Additional employment maybe needed due to lack of caseload.
GT has been a great asset to my busy life. No travel, flexible hours and take as many or as little students as you wish. Co-workers are very supportive and management always responds promptly.
Overall Global Teletherapy has been a good experience/place to work an an Occupational Therapist. I work 3 days a week as I have another job but would likely try and get more hours if I didn't. Sometimes parents of children can be rude and expect more than you can give as a remote therapist but the management and overall support is good. Most people respond to emails fairly quickly and redirect you if they can't help. The main reason I would leave this job is the lack of PTO/benefits, the pay (which isn't terrible but isn't great and can vary a lot based on student attendance), and the difficulty that can arise with trying to provide instruction to students virtually. As an independent contractor you aren't taxed so have to plan accordingly financially, but that also means you can accept as many or as few students as you wish which makes it flexible and great for a part time job.
November 12, 2019
Thank you! So happy you're having a great experience! Continue soaring!
Fantastic management. Responsive billing and tech support team. Nice social structure for therapist support. OTs receive an OT toolkit upon hire. Organized company that pays on time for service rendered.
November 12, 2019
Thank you! It's therapists like you who make GT so successful! Continue soaring!
Excellent company, provides trainings and ongoing support. Has flexible hours. Work collaboratively with others and very supportive . Student oriented and very positive atmosphere.
November 12, 2019
Thank you! We appreciate our quality therapists! Continue soaring!
I've worked as a therapist with several platforms. Most offer 1:1 or small group training, but here there is very little, or what is offered is so spread out that you forget. No communication regarding issues. No training with actual necessary things like documentation and you get in trouble for not documenting, and you don't get paid. You get blamed for parents not showing up when you've sent the classroom link and offered tech support.
Global Teletherapy is a wonderful place to work. Licensed therapist (independent contractors) have professional autonomy and scheduling flexibility. Caseload size is managed entirely through a collaborative process. The pace is fast and the work is technologically-based. I am encouraged, thanked, and know that I am a valued member of the team. My school liaisons are positive, responsive and always go above and beyond. ys
Pros
Flexibility, autonomy, great team
Cons
Managing varying policies between multiple schools.
I love working with Global teletherapy they are supportive, flexible, and provide great training! Flexible hours, you make your own schedule and work directly with a liason.
The company is a family run business. The management provides excellent training regarding using the
Internet and digital platform. The work also is interesting.

however primarily aims to serve poorly supported

students who have been victimized by enrolling in

Digital educational systems who receive very little support

from the extremely profitable virtual educational k-12 organizations. Nevertheless, the work is rewarding.

Be aware that therapist are paid less than what would be considered to be competitive rates: And, the pay can

change and be reduced from year to year.
Pros
Provides opportunity to learn how to provide digital theraoy
Cons
Poor hourly rate. Staff unfamiliar with school therapy are placed into supervisory roles becaus
Have worked for Global Teletherapy for almost 3 years - what an amazing service provided to families! I am an occupational therapist with over 20 years of experience in the brick and mortar school system and over 5 years as an OT educator. I can confidently say that what Global Teletherapy is doing by providing the online services truly fits with best practices of an emerging practice area. Student's are able to receive services through teletherapy that may not otherwise have access to them. The ability to work with families/learning coaches has allowed for greater carryover of the skills worked on during the therapy sessions. The support provided by Global Teletherapy to the families and therapists allows for successful sessions on a regular basis.
Pros
flexibility, work from home, supportive staff, opportunities for collaboration
benefits
Contracting through Global Teletherapy to serve students requiring speech and language therapy services via teletherapy:

Administrative staff within GT is *phenomenal* at clearly communicating expectations and providing training and *support* for therapist responsibilities.

Administrative staff acts as knowledgeable liaison and advocate for GT contract therapist, making smooth relationship between therapist and school.

Students at the school I happen to serve conduct all of their classes online from home which results in increased communication between therapist and parent. This improves carryover of therapy goals to other environments and improves treatment outcomes. This also results in more schedule flexibility!

Therapists set their own schedules within accepted school hours and accept as many or as few students as they'd like.

GT has developed a strong work community despite the unique online aspect of the job. Clinicians throughout the company collaborate on group boards to share treatment ideas, troubleshoot technical questions, etc.

GT has a technical department which walks new students through trial log in sessions and other technical difficulties as needed, ensuring students are prepared for evaluation and therapy sessions.

Pay is based on a flat rate for service minutes provided (actual patient contact time). Although no out-of-therapy preparation or documentation time is logged for payment, an extra percentage of the flat rate is provided for each session completed. This bonus accounts for the prep time before therapy and time spent documenting
 - more...
Pros
Supportive & Knowledgeable Administration
Cons
Paperwork/Documentation - but that seems standard in ANY medical/educational setting (SLP, Ot, Pt, etc.)