Global Teletherapy Employee Reviews

Slow-building Caseload
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 20, 2019
It is great to work at home, however it has been an extremely slow process of building a caseload. I have been working for two months and have two students for a total of one hour of paid work. Attendance is inconsistent, which also impacts income. Typical contract work setup where you have do do a lot of (unpaid) coordination/communication/activity development/parent follow-up/scheduling on your own time and dime.
Pros
Work from Home, responsive staff and management
Cons
1099 reimbursement, much work that ends up being unpaid due to structure of contracting; slow-to-build caseload
Great Company
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 18, 2019
I have worked with this company for a few years and have been extremely fortunate to be able to increase my caseload over the years. However, with any contracted job, nothing is guaranteed. I did sign up with a different company as well and they hired me and said they needed 10 hours, but never sent me an email after that. Global is not that way. They are a growing company and are busy, but they do their best with keeping you in the loop. They are great with asking their "employees" about feedback on how they can make the company better. Even though we are all so isolated, they provide praise on a monthly basis for Therapist of the Month and have a variety of different forums for people to ask questions or share new ideas. They really want everyone to feel connected. I really have loved working for this company and working from home.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
No PTO or 401K
Global Teletherapy is a great company!
Part time speech-language pathologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2019
Global treats me very well as a contractor, and cares about our students and their parents. When there is an issue with a school or student, Global respectfully works with the team to find the best solution. I love working with Global! Looking forward to a 5th year with them :-)
Pros
Respect, fairness, raises
Cons
No benefits
Excellent place of employment. I love working from home. Staff are so helpful and eady to commumicate with. Payday is reliable.......................
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 17, 2019
..I love being able to spend most of my work time providing service instead of attending meetings and doing redundant paperwork. Administration is so helpful. Resources are plentiful. The work culture is positive, and I love setting my own hours, working at my own pace, and I love working from home. I would love to do this full time knowing that I don't have to do something else to supplement my income. Its really a great place to work. One of the best places I have worked in my entire career.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
Students don't consistantly show up for meetings.
Excellent Work From Home Opportunity
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJanuary 17, 2019
Global Teletherapy is a fantastic opportunity for speech therapists, school social workers, school psychologists, school counselors to work online from home. The pay is great and the opportunities to have students from different locations is very interesting. This is a friendly culture that provides support and a great deal of information for new hires to help them acclimate to the online therapy environment.

That being said, this is a job that is great for individuals who are comfortable with technology and who are very organized. Anyone who lacks either of those skills sets would not like it. This is a job that is for an individual seeking to either work from home or to supplement their income.
Pros
Set your own schedule, interesting student therapy cases
Cons
None, unless you are looking for a full time, benefits position.
The best company!
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  VirtualJanuary 17, 2019
Global Teletherapy has been such a blessing! I could not ask for a better company to work with. The support offered is incredible and so generous. I absolutely adore working with my students, schools, and colleagues. I find that I can make just as strong as a connection using a teletherapy model than I can in a face-to-face setting. I value my time job very much and have never been happier!
Pros
Endless resources and support; flexible schedule; diverse student population
Cons
No benefits
Lesser of Some Evils
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  OnlineJanuary 17, 2019
Having worked with several teletherapy companies, Global is one of the better ones. It's still a part of the broken system of contract companies abusing 1099 workers who really should be employees. Overall, the people are nice. There are a lot of administrators to keep track of who sometimes tell you to do opposite things. You're left mostly to your own devices which can be good or bad. Good because no one tells you how to make your schedule. Bad because you can't track anyone down for a meeting. They pay a percentage of your rate for no shows and a bonus for completed sessions. I signed on wanting full-time, which never happened.
Pros
Work from home, more competitive rates, paid % for no shows
Cons
No benefits, 1099 only, rigid documentation, limited hours
Great company!
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  CAMay 30, 2018
I have worked with Global Teletherapy for over two years now and it has by far been my best two years working as an SLP. Providing therapy over the internet, from the comfort of my own home office has been my dream come true, and Global has been there to assist me every step of the way. The staff at Global Teletherapy are very professional and on top of everything. Any questions or concerns I have had were answered very quickly and effectively. Any issue that has arisen with a school or with a student, was dealt with sensitively, keeping the interests of both the students and the clinician in mind. Global is working on forging and improving coworker relationships with various chat groups and in person training meetings, etc. I truly enjoy this niche of speech therapy and don't want to ever go back to the grind of commuting to work and running around from school to school to provide therapy.
Pros
work from home, make your own schedule, pick your caseload size
Cons
paid hourly on a 1099
Workplace
Online Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 1, 2018
Great place to work! Flexible schedule and great individuals that support you with your work. Options to increase your hours as much as you would like.
Great opportunity - you get back what you put in
School Based Therapist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 22, 2018
Becoming a mental health service provider with Global Teletherapy has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. I've been able to enjoy all the things that drew me to a career in counseling in the first place: forming meaningful connections with students and their families, guiding individual students through the process of discovering and mastering new skills, and being recognized as a highly qualified professional with valuable insights to contribute. All this, while being able to set my own schedule, build a case load that is manageable for me, and leave behind the uncomfortable world of workplace politics. I have never been happier, and I really appreciate a company culture that values implementing best practices in the helping professions so highly. It seems clear that Global Teletherapy's policies and procedures are genuinely designed to serve the interests of the students with whom we work.
Pros
Flexibility, direct contact with students with students and families, professional environment, accessible support from company liaisons and management
Cons
No salaried positions (contract/per diem work only), no benefits
Wonderful company!
Psy.D., LMFT (Current Employee) –  VirtualFebruary 22, 2018
Global Teletherapy is the best company that I have worked for. Their support is invaluable and they truly care about providing quality services to their students. I continue to be impressed with the company and look forward to many years to come!
Pros
Flexible schedule, supportive community, excellent resources, and many more!
Cons
None so far! :)
It is what you make it!
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Illinois and TennesseeFebruary 22, 2018
This is my first experience doing teletherapy, and I love the flexibility of my role. I have so much flexibility with the number of hours I work, when I schedule, and what materials I want to use. With the structure and database of materials provided by GT, planning for my sessions is always easy and very engaging. The only downside so far has been having to learn the culture of my assigned school sort of on my own. But that learning curve is not too different from any new work place.
Pros
Flexible, plethora of resources, mentorship into teletherapy
Cons
Lack of training for programming at assigned school
No support and did not get paid
School Social Worker (Former Employee) –  OregonFebruary 8, 2018
This company does not provide adequate training & was non-responsive to questions. Never got paid for services rendered. Even if you are a self-starter type of contractor, STAY AWAY!!! Really not a professional company and not a teamwork environment that is best-suited to the best interests of students and families.
Great place to work.
School Social Worker (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 27, 2017
Flexible and dependable employer. Very nice office staff who help when you have questions. Students are great to work with. Technology is a must for this position.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Payment is one month behind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Global Teletherapy. Our community is ready to answer.

Global Teletherapy Reviews by Location