Global Titanium Inc Employee Reviews

Full Time
Full Time (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 27, 2018
Days are always busy.
Learning every day.
Certain management needs improvement.
Workplace is ok.
Friendly staff.
Helpful Staff.
A thriving company with great global history.
Global Tianium
Production Supervisor - Powder Department (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 18, 2018
work very hard to make good money but no time for anything else in life it was not uncommon to work 60 hrs plus
very complicated job with lots of stress
Great company
Admin Team (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 29, 2017
If you work hard, then you will flourish at this company. Management seems to be easy to talk to. It is very fast-paced so having the ability to stay focused and multitask is a must.
Pros
Coworkers are nice, hour lunch, great pay, healthcare
Cons
No cons so far
Great, stable place to work
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 25, 2017
This is a rapidly growing, family owned company that knows how to develop and sustain business relationships. I worked for them during the economic downturn, and where it took most companies a couple years to recover, GTI was able to bounce back in a manner of months and then continue to grow.
Pros
Excellent owner and executive management group
Ruff area to work.
Analyst - Wet Analytical Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 9, 2016
Needed to be on top of production.
Managing people and scheduling work load.
Co-workers were lazy at times but had to motivate them.
Hardest part was running production because the equipment was not serviced properly for the type of material.
Christmas party
Pros
Sometimes we would have free lunches
Cons
Breaks were to short.
Losers
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MiJuly 31, 2014
Most of the guys there either drink (drunks) get high (weed), on a Friday you can smell weed in the air, management knows about this and chose not to do anything about it!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
A lot of little girls there who go run to management about every little thing!
Great privately owned company out growing its infrastructure.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MichiganMarch 30, 2014
Salaried workers are typically given enough latitude to really feel like we make a difference everyday. Overwhelmingly staffed with the "let's get it done" type with makes it a good place to work. The frequent changes in management with frequent unspoken changes in expectations and goals leads to frustration. Stuck halfway between a small family owned business and an upcoming fortune 500 corporation. Once the direction, management, and communication issues settle, this will be a gem of a company to grow with.
Pros
Safety minded, generous owner, great mission (really rare to say that, ) promising growth
Cons
High turn over in management, unpaid hours, lacks necessary communication protocols for their new size.
Nice people work with.
Material Processor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 2, 2014
The responsibilty of meeting production requirements,learning how to operate heavy machines.Coworkers are very friendly.the hardest part of the job is staying safe. The likes of the job is the challenging.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
No heat in winter, and lack of safety
Awesome place to work
Machine Repairman/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 19, 2013
I Love working here. There is No stress, and the people are great. Wages are very competative. But the hours are Long. Which I like. I haven't found anything hard with this job. The only thing that I don't like, is the risk factors, and the health issues. They do supply ALOT of safety equipment for their people.
Pros
health care packages, wages, location to home.
Cons
health risks
Front end loader bobcat cat
Crusher (Former Employee) –  Wash bldg.September 15, 2012
VERY secretive incompetent management they use all Detroit employees and let them go before they have their time in and hire all of downriver employees I experienced nepotism and prejudice very unprofessional when it comes to employeesyour every move is being watched they hired a guy to sit and watch you on camera allday but if your a vendor be prepared for your behind to be kissed
Pros
hours
Cons
short breaks pay
Not a professional employer
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 7, 2012
Another scab company. Very secretive, under constant serveillance, Supervisors are salary and are not in the UAW Union. Not a recommended Employer.
Pros
pay
Cons
unprofessional
Would be okay if they didn't use you for 4 months than can you for nothing.
Machine operator, front end loader, bobcat driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit,Mi.February 29, 2012
My experience was very poor with Global Titanium Inc. Worked outside with a non working heater for 4 months in the snow and below freezing tempatures. Machines always break down and the material is usually very uncooperative to run up a conveyor if it wasn't frozen. So after woking there that "quarter" no missed days, time, and never late I was called into the office on the exact 4 month time, I was informed that I was being let go. Since I was paying to the union I should have had a union rep but I was just swept out the door, is that the way we treat veterans nowadays?
Pros
decent pay
Cons
fires dozens before entry to uaw.