GLOBALFOUNDRIES Employee Reviews

great place
Lead Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYMay 20, 2018
love working there, excellent pay, excellent benefits, strong future I have to write 150 characters for this review. I need to add seventeen more characters. whew my review is long enough.
A good place to work if you have good experience and willing to put up with the competition
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYMay 19, 2018
There was always work to be done if you were willing to find it, connecting with the right people. The management was respecting and cooperative if you had questions. The work environment as a whole is competitive.but if you know where to find info you can get the lay of the land well. Quality Mechanical aptitude is especially beneficial.
Pros
Pay is pretty great
Cons
Not everyone will have your best interests at heart.
Good work life balance
MEMBER OF TECHNICAL STAFF (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYMay 19, 2018
very nice place to work. Management is kinda poor. Too many managers due to the combine of IBM and global foundries. finding places to just place managers. promotion is very slow
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
less ambition and goals to promotion
Very depressing workplace
IT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
It is always dark and gloomy here. Typical days are non-stop movement and its never enough. Most of us wear many hats due to cost saving initiatives. Management is not interested in work-life balance while Malta is the mother-ship of all things which doesn't work well across other Fabs. Daily, you will be driven to the ground. It is safe to say, this is modern day slavery with pay.

The only enjoyable part of the job is working with phenomenal people!
Pros
Met some great people here
Cons
No breaks, too stressful, impossible deadlines, poor management
Good company; acts like Silicon Valley company
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYMay 10, 2018
Good company, good benefits, nice managers, pretty good processes in place, strong recruiters, exciting openings at an exciting manufacturing plant, and acts like a Silicon Valley company on the east coast.
Poor quality of life in fab
Equipment Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2018
Working in the Fab all day in a full body suit it gets HOT!. It is the size of 9 football fields so you do a ridiculous amount of walking and there are only 4 water fountains scattered throughout. Oh yea you cant have water in here. so for 12hrs you're either dehydrated or constantly taking a 15 to 20 minute trip to de-gown and use the bathroom. work days are too long working a compressed shift. the time off away from here the other half of the week is not enough. Management micromanages and don't care much for workers. If you're not an engineer you don't matter. And there are no windows in the fab so you come in when its dark and leave when its dark. This place is depressing. Also, new hires are making more, and don't know squat.
Pros
let me think. Nevermind, can't think of any.
Cons
Dark gloomy atmosphere. Its depressing environment.
I do not believe that GlobalFoundries is an enjoyable place to work.
Senior Manufacturing/Equipment Engineer (PVD) (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYApril 21, 2018
Personally, I have not enjoyed working at GlobalFoundries. Several members of the technical and management staff are intelligent, level-headed, and a pleasure with which to work. However, the work culture breeds discontent, and the compensation does not offset the difficulties.
High Paced environment.
Senior Manager Equipment & Operations (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYApril 17, 2018
Company has aggressive goals and is driving hard to be at the top of the foundry ranks. This is not an easy task but they are determined to to get there.

They are working through growing pains of making the transition and working to correct culture issues that hurt their reputation early on.
Very Productive
Deputy Director Advanced Technology Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2018
Very fast pace work, need to deliver projects on time or it will affect the on time delivery to the customer. Some of the process issues might take longer time as it needs reliability test but as an deputy director needs to make decision without affecting the quality of the wafer
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Dynamic & Fast Paced
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYMarch 17, 2018
GF is part of the fast paced semiconductor business, so there is no shortage of opportunities and problems to solve. This can make work life balance challenging at times but can also be rewarding.
overly stressed
Senior Technical Program Management (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 2, 2018
long hours , adhoc env , management is lacked of technical skill, not recommended for advanced technical careers. managers are not protercting employes
Fast Paced Place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYFebruary 27, 2018
Having fun working here. Its a pretty fast paced place to work. I get to work on advanced process technologies which is interesting. I've mostly had good bosses here however the career advancement process is mostly luck of the draw and not performance based.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
can't plan on moving ahead, random promotion process
Fun but limited growth
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYFebruary 26, 2018
A good place to work but limited growth potential. Culture is getting better and senior leadership team is pretty good. Benefits overall are ok but pay should be higher.
Thought I would work here longer.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  East Fishkill, NY 12533February 26, 2018
Thought I would work here longer. Threat of layoff with buyout offer made us feel like we really had no choice. Not qualified to give a full review, other than to say that the manufacturing floor is different from the rest of the company.
Cons
12 hour shifts with no oppotunity to work 8
Waste of time to get promoted
Wafer Fab / Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYFebruary 23, 2018
If you're not friends with the Mafia in HR, you will have a hard time advancing.
There is no straight through [you need this to get a promotion.] I have personally witnessed employees who were the go-to person for their dept and shift get passed over for promotion and it was given to someone who took frequent naps during shift and did below minimum work.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
The 2 short breaks do not match up to the length of a standard work day
productive
Senior Team Leader (Former Employee) –  East Fishkill, NYFebruary 19, 2018
My career at GF has spanned over two decades including, 3 CEO's, numerous technical advancements, start-ups, acquisitions, divestitures, strategy and management changes galore. For the most part,GF weathered these "transformations" and proved to the world it was still very relevant by delivering products and services clients needed and wanted. I am grateful for the many opportunities I have had to learn, grow, and excel throughout my tenure.
Good place to work.
Surface Failure Analysis Engineer (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYFebruary 19, 2018
This is my first job and I worked in GF for 9 years plus.
It is a wonderful working environment and good working culture.
Colleagues all like family members, and ppl help each others when we facing problem.
Pros
Nice working environment.
Cons
Na
Good company to work for streight out of school
Supplier Quality Engineer Managet (Current Employee) –  Hopewell Junction, NYFebruary 16, 2018
Goid benefits
Adequate salary
Goid management
Excellent leatning opportunity
Oportunities to work globally
Work gpr a Technology Lender
Long hrs
The people ypu woek with are great
Benefits
Cons
Long hrs
Great opportunity to learn and grow
Project Manager/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYFebruary 13, 2018
I was doing construction project management at GLOBALFOUNDRIES. I had a great boss who gave me a lot of freedom to make decisions and lead my project team. I learned more in the one year I worked at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in this capacity than I did in my previous 5 years of employment. It was very much a "throw you into the fire" type of environment but management was very present to address your concerns if you were too far out of your element. The only reason I left this position is I am already committed to transitioning out of construction work and into computer science. I was lucky enough to recommend my position to a friend and he is doing very well now and has learned so much in his short time so far.
Pros
Great management
Cons
High Stress/Dealing with Contractors can be frustrating
Young company with great potential
Manager - CCA (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Young company with great potential for developing advanced technologies and dominating the market in its industry. Slowly building a culture of excellence and improving its business model to expand into many markets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GLOBALFOUNDRIES. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

2.1Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight