GlobalHealth Employee Reviews

Service based culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2018
I’ve loved my time at this organization. If you put in the work and give your best you can have a big impact. This company listens and learns. Management is strong and the full team is truly special. They care.
Pros
Opportunity to make a real difference
Cons
Fast pace and great expectation
Dysfunctional at best
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 23, 2018
To much work trying to fix all the screwed up systems and way to few people to get it done or even keep up. To many people with high sounding titles that they would NEVER have any where else. All about appearance and no substance. Including the decision about the new location in the worst possible downtown location all for appearance. ALL the upper management live in Tulsa and commute a few days a week and have big fancy offices in both Tulsa and Oklahoma City. Wasting space and travel dollars for no reason. Lots of big mistakes on a regular basis that cost the company hundreds of thousands of dollars that may have been avoid with proper staff. No work/life balance at all. Management tells you one thing and never fulfills.
Pros
Get health insurance but, it is through the company itself so everyone knows all your medical issues and secrets.
Cons
All about appearance, Wastes money on things they should not and throws away money, due to mistakes because of inaccurate systems that need to be fixed, but do not have the staff to fix the mistakes much less keep up with new mistakes
Need a vacation from this job!
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 22, 2018
Typical day begins and ends at 7. Yes, those are 12 hour days here. Don't expect to have a good work / life balance because senior management expects much more from you that what you signed up for. Roles and responsibilities constantly change without notice. Poor communication from senior management.
Pros
Very good insurance... Drug coverage acceptable
Cons
Senior Management does not follow same rules given to employees to follow
Productive work enviroment
Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73104July 22, 2018
My work at Global Health kept me involved and my job was not boring. Management kept us motivated to improve the member experience and remain competitive on pricing for the market place. It was an overall good place to work.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Managements priority changing quicker than results could be evaluated.
Could be better
Manager of Quality/Revenue (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 21, 2018
Long hours are pretty much the norm here. Be prepared to sleep with your phone as management expects you to answer at all hours of the night. Insurance benefits are good. Ideas are accepted but rarely implemented. Not sure when things will get better.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Senior Management expectations are unreasonable
Working Conditions
Claims Processor II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 20, 2018
Well, the insurance is not bad here. You do have to jump through hoops to play the "referral game." Hours are long and overtime is frequently required and not paid. I have developed carpal tunnel syndrome since working at this job. Getting time off for doctor visits, etc is quite difficult.
Pros
Decent Insurance
Cons
Long hours, too many claims to process in one day...
Company is growing fast!
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 13, 2018
I've been an employee with GlobalHealth for several years. The company is growing fast and with that the company is making several strides in trying to become employer of choice and making sure their employee's are happy! It's been a great experience watching the growth thus far and if you are looking to join a company that you can have growth in, now would be the time to join!
Pros
I enjoy the people I work with and the location is awesome!
Cons
There will always be cons with a growing company but I can say, this company is addressing any of those issues and continuing to grow and learn along the way!
Fair Opportunity Workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 13, 2018
GlobalHealth has provides a fair and balanced work place with a lot of opportunity for growth and advancement. Management is open to new ideas for improvement and allows room for creative input.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Growing local company with many opportunities
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 13, 2018
To sum it up, I love my job. GlobalHealth has fun atmosphere and many opportunities for growth. GlobalHealth doesn't treat employees or their members like number and actually care, they work proactively to assist when they can.
Growing company with an innovative health model.
Proactive Case Management (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 10, 2018
GH is a continuum of a work in progress; new ideas are being developed, daily, weekly, monthly. I enjoy knowing I work for a company that is at the forefront of its model in healthcare and look forward to the positive life changes the proactive team brings its members. This position can be fast paced at times and reguires good time management skills. For me this job is the perfect fit and balance of staying busy and having the satisfaction of knowing those I’ve helped and those I know I will.
Pros
Meeting personal goals; work/life balance; great people to work with
Cons
No over time offered
Growing company, love the people I work with!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 5, 2018
GlobalHealth has made great strides in the last year or two and I've really enjoyed being a part of the movement. Becoming an employer of choice is part of the company's Mission and we're getting there! Several new programs and policies have been or are being implemented that make this a great, fun place to work. My ideas are heard and valued, and I like knowing that I've made a difference. Plus, I love the people I work with!
Pros
Great benefits, modern office space, community involvement
Customers and employees
Inbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 18, 2018
All they care about is their bottom dollar. They specifically said they didn't care about us. Customer service calls were a joke .They would pass them to the sales dept so their phone queue would be empty. Clients were frustrated because they had to keep explaining what was wrong as they got passed around.
Pros
able to work remote
Cons
unprofessional
Too much work and not enough time
Controller (Former (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 14, 2018
Okay place to work. Daily activities would include working with claims and making sure general ledger was up to date. Management does not keep promises made to employees for promotions, etc.
Pros
Decent Insurance
Cons
No work / life balance here

Comment – July 27, 2018

All employees are required to clock in . This is an outdated practice. Senior management spends too much time checking timesheets, etc instead of focusing on the task at hand. Too much micro-managing if you ask me.

Director
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 5, 2018
This was the most unorganized, dysfunctional company I have ever worked for. It did not perform the way I expected. There was no feeling of integrity.
Young company that is constantly evolving and trying new things
Finance (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2018
GlobalHealth is a young company that is still going through a transition phase from a small health insurance provider to one that serves tens of thousands of Oklahomans.
Fast growing company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 20, 2017
Great company. Fast growing. Good people. Take care of their employees and make the workplace comfortable. Enjoy the day to day interaction. Don't see upper management enough. But over all good.
Summary
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 21, 2016
Typical account management activities. The office was small so client's depended upon the account manager for various tasks; some were small and others were large and involved complex decision making.
overworked and underpaid
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 24, 2016
Staff were under worked and underpaid. There was too much work and not enough staff to assist with all the work needed to be finished. All work assigned to management was delegated to staff member's and didn't seem to be completed by any member of management.
Pros
cheap health care
Cons
no breaks
Growing Oklahoma Company
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 31, 2015
GHH is a growing Oklahoma Company with many opportunities for candidates interested in the insurance industry.
I personally think that GHH offers the best insurance available in Oklahoma.
Pros
Great Benefits!
Cons
Not many cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlobalHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8