GlobalHealth Employee Reviews

Do NOT work here
Sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 31, 2018
The upper management and CEO have no clue what they are doing. They put people in positions that they ave no clue what to do and they only care about themselves!!!!
Cons
Very Stressful and no life work balance
Too many cooks in the kitchen
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 8, 2018
Everything was great when I started. Good people, decent pay, and the benefits were not too bad. However, in the last few months, many people have been laid off, including myself. With no severance package offered, this just came at the worst possible time for our family. It is almost like I am having to start over again looking for a job. I have seen GlobalHealth hire great people only to let them go when money gets tight or for some other silly reason that is never disclosed to the employee. Before I have recommended folks come over to join our team. Now, I advise folks to do their own research before considering joining this company. No integrity from senior management, unkept promises, etc. Too many things to list here on this review that are wrong with this company. Companies always need marketing people so I don't understand why I was asked to resign.
Pros
Okay Health Insurance
Cons
Layoffs are too frequent here.. No stability
Dysfunctional at best
Case manager (Current Employee) –  OkcNovember 15, 2018
Management is very dysfunctional, and organized, and unaware of policy and procedures. Inappropriate relationships between upper management and subordinates. Rude coworkers often get promoted rather than counseled. Main focus is saving money at the expense of members health. No sick leave.
Pros
Pretty offices and good work hours
Cons
Pay below-market average, no sick leave or tuition assistance. Management does not have a clue...
Two thumbs up!
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 12, 2018
I loved my job at GlobalHealth. The department I worked in had wonderful communication, I had good training for the tasks I was not familiar with, the people are very friendly and helpful. The management was receptive to all problems and suggestions I had, and they are very approachable and most of all available to talk to. The hardest part of my job was leaving such a great team. I was made to feel like I was an integral part of the team and that my contribution made a real difference. Plus, they have great employee appreciation programs-earning gift cards for performance, monthly birthday treats, company outings (they took us to main event and on a bowling outing, had lunch and prizes for us). When we moved downtown they even gave us gifts (I still use my tervis).
Pros
Employee Perks, birthday treats, company outings
Moving On to Greener Pastures and Better Pay!
Business Intelligence Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 25, 2018
There is a lot of work that needs to be done here; and not enough people to do just the basic day to day assignments from senior management. Teams and space are lacking as the move downtown had created a more non-productive work environment. Bad location downtown, bad traffic, and no integrity from senior management. That pretty much sums up the job environment here. Hard to come into the office each day with poor communication and lack of stable direction. Leadership starts at the top and this is where the house cleaning should begin. Not sure if GlobalHealth will survive given the current financial landscape of healthcare and the outdated systems used at this organization.
Pros
Cheap Health Insurance
Cons
Long hours, non-competitive pay, lack of integrity from senior management
Work / Life Balance is Out of Balance
Manager Quality / Revnue (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 21, 2018
My day typically starts at 7 and ends at 7. The 12 hour days are hard on the family. With senior management constantly changing focus every day, is it difficult to complete one project before actually starting another. I do get calls on my cell phone at all hours of the night. No job should be this way. Many ideas submitted to senior management for improvement are rarely implemented.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Poor employee morale / No Integrity from senior management
Service based culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2018
I’ve loved my time at this organization. If you put in the work and give your best you can have a big impact. This company listens and learns. Management is strong and the full team is truly special. They care.
Pros
Opportunity to make a real difference
Cons
Fast pace and great expectation
Dysfunctional at best
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 23, 2018
To much work trying to fix all the screwed up systems and way to few people to get it done or even keep up. To many people with high sounding titles that they would NEVER have any where else. All about appearance and no substance. Including the decision about the new location in the worst possible downtown location all for appearance. ALL the upper management live in Tulsa and commute a few days a week and have big fancy offices in both Tulsa and Oklahoma City. Wasting space and travel dollars for no reason. Lots of big mistakes on a regular basis that cost the company hundreds of thousands of dollars that may have been avoid with proper staff. No work/life balance at all. Management tells you one thing and never fulfills.
Pros
Get health insurance but, it is through the company itself so everyone knows all your medical issues and secrets.
Cons
All about appearance, Wastes money on things they should not and throws away money, due to mistakes because of inaccurate systems that need to be fixed, but do not have the staff to fix the mistakes much less keep up with new mistakes
Need a vacation from this job!
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 22, 2018
Typical day begins and ends at 7. Yes, those are 12 hour days here. Don't expect to have a good work / life balance because senior management expects much more from you that what you signed up for. Roles and responsibilities constantly change without notice. Poor communication from senior management.
Pros
Very good insurance... Drug coverage acceptable
Cons
Senior Management does not follow same rules given to employees to follow
Productive work enviroment
Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73104July 22, 2018
My work at Global Health kept me involved and my job was not boring. Management kept us motivated to improve the member experience and remain competitive on pricing for the market place. It was an overall good place to work.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Managements priority changing quicker than results could be evaluated.
Working Conditions
Claims Processor II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 20, 2018
Well, the insurance is not bad here. You do have to jump through hoops to play the "referral game." Hours are long and overtime is frequently required and not paid. I have developed carpal tunnel syndrome since working at this job. Getting time off for doctor visits, etc is quite difficult.
Pros
Decent Insurance
Cons
Long hours, too many claims to process in one day...
Company is growing fast!
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 13, 2018
I've been an employee with GlobalHealth for several years. The company is growing fast and with that the company is making several strides in trying to become employer of choice and making sure their employee's are happy! It's been a great experience watching the growth thus far and if you are looking to join a company that you can have growth in, now would be the time to join!
Pros
I enjoy the people I work with and the location is awesome!
Cons
There will always be cons with a growing company but I can say, this company is addressing any of those issues and continuing to grow and learn along the way!
Fair Opportunity Workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 13, 2018
GlobalHealth has provides a fair and balanced work place with a lot of opportunity for growth and advancement. Management is open to new ideas for improvement and allows room for creative input.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Growing local company with many opportunities
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 13, 2018
To sum it up, I love my job. GlobalHealth has fun atmosphere and many opportunities for growth. GlobalHealth doesn't treat employees or their members like number and actually care, they work proactively to assist when they can.
Growing company with an innovative health model.
Proactive Case Management (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 10, 2018
GH is a continuum of a work in progress; new ideas are being developed, daily, weekly, monthly. I enjoy knowing I work for a company that is at the forefront of its model in healthcare and look forward to the positive life changes the proactive team brings its members. This position can be fast paced at times and reguires good time management skills. For me this job is the perfect fit and balance of staying busy and having the satisfaction of knowing those I’ve helped and those I know I will.
Pros
Meeting personal goals; work/life balance; great people to work with
Cons
No over time offered
Growing company, love the people I work with!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 5, 2018
GlobalHealth has made great strides in the last year or two and I've really enjoyed being a part of the movement. Becoming an employer of choice is part of the company's Mission and we're getting there! Several new programs and policies have been or are being implemented that make this a great, fun place to work. My ideas are heard and valued, and I like knowing that I've made a difference. Plus, I love the people I work with!
Pros
Great benefits, modern office space, community involvement
Customers and employees
Inbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 18, 2018
All they care about is their bottom dollar. They specifically said they didn't care about us. Customer service calls were a joke .They would pass them to the sales dept so their phone queue would be empty. Clients were frustrated because they had to keep explaining what was wrong as they got passed around.
Pros
able to work remote
Cons
unprofessional
Too much work and not enough time
Controller (Former (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 14, 2018
Okay place to work. Daily activities would include working with claims and making sure general ledger was up to date. Management does not keep promises made to employees for promotions, etc.
Pros
Decent Insurance
Cons
No work / life balance here

Comment – July 27, 2018

All employees are required to clock in . This is an outdated practice. Senior management spends too much time checking timesheets, etc instead of focusing on the task at hand. Too much micro-managing if you ask me.

Director
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 5, 2018
This was the most unorganized, dysfunctional company I have ever worked for. It did not perform the way I expected. There was no feeling of integrity.
Too much work for the current staff.
Health Plan Benefits Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 29, 2018
There are not enough employees to accomplish all of the work that needs to be done. There is no time to do anything proactively. Almost everything that is done is in reaction.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No work-life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlobalHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7