Globe Life Employee Reviews

Great place to work for
Payroll Practitioner II (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 9, 2018
I loved my job and boss at Globe Life Insurance Company.

My typical day at work was processing payroll and many various other duties.

I loved the workplace culture and the people that I worked with.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people with issues and everyday questions that they has regarding their payroll.

I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a great place to work.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Lack of parking/covered parking
Reputable brand with good people
Claim Supervisor - Health Claims (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 1, 2018
Excellent work/life balance. Caring leadership who creates a good work environment. Solid culture and reputable brand. Training provided with minimal structure. Quality individuals in the workplace. Opportunities to contribute are available and needed. Compensation is less competitive than others, but job security seems good.
Pros
Work environment; job security; leadership
Cons
compensation
More Than Just An Employee
Analyst (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 14, 2018
The department and management team that I work for are phenomenal and genuinely care about me, not just as an employee but as a person. They encourage each employee to expand their knowledge base and strive to improve every day.
March 16, 2018

Absolutely! We are happy to hear you have such a supportive and encouraging leadership team.

One of the few long term companies left
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 13, 2018
Globe Life provides a relaxed environment, full benefits, opportunity for advancement, and a pension! Many many of the employees have been here 5, 10, 20 years or more. This is an increasing rarity in the corporate world today, which says a ton about how this company treats its employees. Highly recommend.
Pros
benefits, relaxed work pace, suburban neighborhood
March 19, 2018

Cheers to many more years! Thank you for your feedback and recommendation.

Work policies were poorly thought out.
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 9, 2018
Work culture was continually changing, becoming more and more remote in terms of assistance handling difficult situations. Employees were allowed to harass people doing a good job. There was a lot of jealousy and unchecked or unnoticed harassment, at times from direct supervisor.
Pros
Relatively good pay.
Cons
Odd working conditions and often poorly thought out policies.
March 12, 2018

We are sorry to learn of your experience and take claims of this nature very seriously. We invite you to send us an email to feedback@globelifeins.com with more details so that we can investigate this matter.

Overall experience
Senior Health Examiner (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2018
My time with Globe was somewhat interesting. A typical day as with most companies was clock in morning time, clock out for lunch, clock in after lunch, clock out at end of day.

I did learn multi tasking when working here. It kept my day going and before I knew it, the day was over.

The hardest part was leaving after 16 years.
Pros
Safety precautions
Cons
Hours
March 16, 2018

Thank you for your review and for 16 years of service. We wish you the best.

garbage company that preys on minorities
Conservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 27, 2018
evil company that preys on poor people. call broke people and try to scam them out of their money for garbage insurance. great job if you have no morals
The Actuarial Department of Globe Life is the best!!
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 24, 2018
I was at the company for 20 years. In my opinion, I worked for the best department in the company. Management was very good, my supervisor was great and I had the opportunity to learn different job duties. The staff in my department was super to work with and very supportive and caring.

I don't feel there was anything hard about the job, but the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff.
Globe Life is not a great Company to work for
Annuity Clerk (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 22, 2018
This job absolutely sucks in management as well as pay. I worked there for 12 years, I had to teach myself the job because the training is horrible. As long as you can do for them they are your best friend, but if you happen to get sick and need time off for any reason they are your worst enemy. I never got in trouble on the job and worked my but off for this company, but when I got sick, I saw just how loyal they were.
Pros
plenty of vacation time
Cons
sucks at management and pay
Not a bad place to work, controlled by corporate office in Texas
Health Claims Examiner, Oklahoma City (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 19, 2018
Processed medical claims. Was hired at a time that the company was way behind in processing claims, so there was a lot of overtime.
Being busy made the day go by quickly. Computer systems were pretty good, I could go through the claims quickly without computer issues.
Learned a lot about the different regulations in different states, and the many different policies we carried.
Local management was subordinate to the Corporate bosses in Texas. In ... 2008? 2009? there was a really bad snowstorm in OKC, had over 6 inches of snow, right before Christmas, but our office couldn't close (even tho the city was shutting down) until they got permission from Texas!

Workplace was comfortable and semi-casual. They even had an indoor smoking only break room. Office was right downtown, great location. Our parking was paid for at a discount.

Job wasn't really that hard. Management was friendly, didn't mind if I sent a claim to them with a question about whether or not it could be paid.

Made good friends! And, the downtown location was right by a park that had free live music and a farmer's market in the summer. Company gave us extra long lunch hours when the annual Arts Festival was running.
Pros
good location, parking paid by employer at discount, good co-workers
Cons
Corporate, out of state management... we kept thinking all our jobs would move to Texas someday.
Horrible place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 18, 2018
This company is the worst company anyone could work for. I had never had a job where I would come home as stressed as I did here. It has very poor management and constantly have training classes because they can not keep their people.
Stable Company
Senior Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Looking for job security, Globe Life is the place to work. The company is very solid financially and has survived the ups and downs of the job market.
Great place to work individually
ESD Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 12, 2017
My typical day includes different reports to balance allotment payments. The work is very casual but can be stressful at times. Hardest part of the job was the lack of training that involved my jobs.
Pros
Casual dress code, great for individuals who like to work alone.
Cons
Healthcare is expensive, management can be micro managed.
Come in and chill
COLLECTIONS/SALES AGENT (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 27, 2017
It was fun while it lasted, a lot of food is provided for company spreads and holidays. The people I work with are great but the people that we assist are not so great.
Pros
Easy spot to fill
Cons
Difficult target market
Productive, Skillful Knowledgable
Customer Service Representative. (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 15, 2017
Great Supervisor, Received calls from insured to change Beneficiary. change of Address. Process death claims transfer to Underwriting Department if insurance was active. Process payments via Credit cards.
Pros
Lots of spreads
Cons
Short Breaks
Summary
Sr. Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2017
Love the pace and the people I work with and for. I love the extra's the Company does like Thunder tickets, OU game tickets, Service Awards and luncheons, paid time off.
Fast paced
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 2, 2017
Did 100+ calls a day helping customers with policy information, changes, and payments. Worked with a team of 10 people and a supervisor to meet the company goals
Relaxed workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 5, 2017
Globe Life was a relaxed enviorment that provide a lot of flexibility when it came to paid time off or paid vacation days. Management was always very assistive.
Pros
Relaxed workplace
Cons
Short breaks and customers are bad
Good Company to Start a Career
Director (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 27, 2017
The company is a good place to start a career. The opportunity for advancement decreases. The pay and bonus structure do not drive the correct work habits and behaviors.
Overworked and Underpaid
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 20, 2017
For my position I am expected to come up with answers at a rabbits pace about items not only was I not trained for but that I am not fully aware of what it is used for. I am constantly being asked by others within and outside the department if I handle something because they were told I do and most of the time I have no clue as to what they are referring to. This position should be salary as the hours necessary to do an accounting position exceed those of a typical eight hour position but instead I am micromanaged on clock in and clock out times and at the same time being asked why I haven't finished something or why I haven't taken a lunch or why I'm working on my lunch and the answer is because I am not given the time necessary to perform my job properly so in order to keep my job I have to use my own time to finish requests.
Pros
Organize my own workload
Cons
Not appreciated for how much I do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Globe Life. Our community is ready to answer.

Globe Life Reviews by Location