Globe Life Employee Reviews

Looks good from the outside, but looks are deceiving.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 12, 2019
This is not a place for everyone. I have worked for large corporations for 30 years and I have never had such a stressful experience. I felt like this place was a cattle drive. There is a lovely picture presented when you interview and in training. After that, buckle up! The main focus seems to be how fast you handle a call. If I made a mistake my first week on the floor, I was sent emails to correct them, but never given any time to do the corrections. I did them on my breaks and after work. There is an overwhelming pressure that your calls will be audited all the time and you are definitely aware of the point system that can lead to write ups and termination. Overall, its a really nice first impression but I felt that my experience dictated a better work environment and not being treated like I was in high school. I definitely understand the high turnover rate. The building is nice, most of the people are nice. Lunch is short, breaks are only 15 minutes. Long walk from the parking lot. Its a good place if you need to put something on your resume .I really was excited when I started and was so hopeful to stay and retire there.
Pros
Nice campus, building, vesting plan
Cons
Extreme metrics that do not allow for true quality
February 13, 2019

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at Globe Life. Although we're glad you enjoyed our campus and your co-workers, we're disappointed we weren't a good career fit for you long-term. At Globe Life, we're continually looking for ways to improve our employee experience and listening to former team members will help make this possible. We wish you all the best in your future career path.

Horrible Place of Business
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 9, 2019
I was at Globe for for 6 months. As soon as I hit the floor after training, I knew this place was not for me! They ripped off their customers and their employees! Basically working in customer service we would get cursed out and get called all type of names because they knew they were being ripped off. The supervisors didn’t know what they were doing. Every time I asked my supervisor for help she had to go ask someone else. Overall it’s terrible and they stay trolling. They have favorites and if you’re not their favorite they will try to get you out as soon as possible. They give you all this work and have so many high expectations and only pay $12 hr
Pros
Weekends off and holidays
February 12, 2019

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at Globe Life. We're very sorry your time with us did not meet your expectation. We're continually looking for ways to improve our employee experience and listening to former team members will help make this possible. Best of luck to you in the future.

typical call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  mckinney texasJanuary 27, 2019
all of my time at globe life was always on the phone. constant stress for me. because of medical reasons and the stress i left. requested time off was never guaranteed.
January 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at Globe Life. We're very sorry your time at Globe Life didn't meet your expectations. We're continually looking for ways to improve our employee experience and listening to former team members will help make this possible. Best of luck to you in the future and hope you're doing well.

Supervisor Agent Supply (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 19, 2019
I have been with Globe for 15 Years. I have worked in 3 different departments and loved them all. The upper management team is top notch. The company does different events each year, one being opening day for the Rangers. They supply hotdogs/hamburgers, popcorn along with fun activities. They also do a holiday lunchen for all employed and give out gift cards showing their appreciation. There an many activities through out the year to list them all. If you want a career this is the company you want to come too. Good benifits that most companies do not have.
Pros
Lot of activities, good work environment
Cons
Not really any I have seen.
January 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and for being a loyal member of our Globe Life team! We appreciate your years of service to our growing company and glad you enjoy the various company events and activities we provide our employees throughout the year. Having a positive work atmosphere along with the ability to advance and move into different departments within the company is something we encourage at Globe Life and we're happy you're benefitting. Best wishes to many more years of success and growth with us!

I wanted to give a chance to a company in hope of advancement dont recommend this job to anyone!
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 19, 2019
I had never worked at a place that i hated so much it was fustrating even waking up and thinking of getting to work. Pay is unfair wasn't paid hourly it was based on application completed. They cant ever seem to be able to keep employees due to their pay. The pay structure might work for some ppl but not for everyone $2.50-$4 per application completed. If you weren't lucky to get one single person to answer your phone call you screwed cause there goes your day. They make you call campains in queue they know you wont get one single call completed because those customers are no longer interested in the insurance but just make management look good for their #. Really a fustrating department, no room for advancement because they also won't allow just anyone to transfer departments and better themselves in a supposedly company where they say that you can grow in the company, thats just for the ppl who they want to let grow and get connections in the company for advancement. Management is horrible and don't care always miscommunication send you email stating one thing and next thing its another story. They look for all excuses to make you stay in a department that nobody likes, wouldn't mind calling cold or dead call all day if i would of got paid hourly leaving messages all day. Also overtime isn't really overtime because they pay by applications not hourly. Have to give a 48hr notice for any time off request and still got to wait for approval and forget getting sick that also counts against you even after all the bs they do with a person still count alot of things against an individual.  more... This department really needs alot of help dont get compensation or recognition for hard work after working for a company for yrs wouldn't even take lunch and break because i was so stress to even make a decent amount of a check to take home to pay bills. Its kinda sad and wouldn't expect this from a large life insurance company would've expected alot more and wanted to give it a chance of maybe someday they would make changes but got tired of it never progressing instead it just got worse and worse.  less
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Pay structure, no advancement unless you know ppl in the company
January 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at Globe Life. We apologize that your time here didn't meet your expectations. We're continually looking for ways to improve our employee experience and listening to former team members will help make this possible. Best of luck to you in the future.

The Grass Isn’t Greener here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 9, 2019
I wouldn’t recommend working here. Sure, there are some positions where the stress and management isn’t so bad but in Customer Service, not so much. I learned through other colleagues things were easier but harder at the same time. It’s hard to explain but basically everyone wanted to be in the “other side”. There’s two parts to the building customer service and every one else. When I was initially hired they made it seemed like advancing was easy but it’s not. People have been here for years and they’re still stuck where they began. Which by the way, training was a nightmare. Management doesn’t care if you have to request time off for the Doctor or if your restroom break isn’t to their strict drmands. If you have to use the restroom. Too bad. You’re just gonna have to wait. As for lunch, forget it. The wait is long and you might not even have time to eat after waiting forever and a day. To make a sad story short, don’t work here unless you’re willing to feel stressed everyday. If I was you I’d ask them what their turnover rate is because they can’t keep people.
Pros
They have a lot of windows
Cons
Everything else
January 10, 2019

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at Globe Life. We're very sorry your time here didn't meet your expectations. We're continually looking for ways to improve our employee experience and listening to former team members will help make this possible. Best of luck to you in your future career path.

No concern for employees
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2018
My main grievance is that Globe Life is one of the largest life insurance companies in the world and they DO NOT have a bereavement policy for the employees. We deal with death all day long and are expected to be sympathetic and empathetic when speaking with customers about the loss of their loved ones. But management didn't give a care about my loved one. When my father died, I was forced to come in or be written up. I was off 2 days and then I was forced back to the grindstone or lose my job. It's sad that Globe Life's business is death and maybe that is why they don't value the employees personal life.
Pros
Nice view
Cons
No room for advancement
November 9, 2018

We're very sorry about the loss of your father and send our deepest sympathy and prayers to you and your family for your loss. We appreciate you bringing this topic to light and we’ve shared your comments with our management team. Thank you for your feedback and for your hard work and dedication to Globe Life and our customers.

productive fun work environment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 29, 2018
walk in go to lunch area get me a drink or a snack for the morning head to my desk to clock in we have to wait 5 minutes before our shift before we could actually clock in
Pros
30 min lunch break
Cons
short breaks
October 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at Globe Life. We're glad your employee experience was enjoyable and productive. We're disappointed it didn't work out long-term but wish you all the best in the future.

Don’t waste your time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 16, 2018
The training is horrible, you get thrown on to the phones at 2 weeks. Everyone at the company will say “ask for help, always ask for help” but you never have anyone to ask for help. Numerous people from my training class hates working here and is currently looking for new jobs. They do not care about your quality of life, I was fired for my kids & myself being sick or them needing to be picked up from school, which i explained my sons situation at hire, and told them he constantly has doctors appointments, they said as long as it’s not during the first month of training it would be fine. My first request off from work was denied even over a month in advance. You have 2- 15 minute breaks and 1 lunch for 30 minutes- which could be a 2pm lunch. Other than breaks they allow you 5 minutes for restroom time and get on to you if it’s any longer than 1 hr and 5 minutes off the phone total, they are constantly hiring new people because they can’t keep the ones they have. You cannot have your phones on in the work area at all. The calls are consistent so there is no time to correct any previous things being sent back to you.
If you love stress and have no kids, this is the perfect job for you!! Good luck
Pros
Health insurance
October 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're disappointed the time you spent at Globe Life didn't meet your expectations and we hope your son is doing better. We are continually looking for ways to improve our employee experience and listening to former team members will help make this possible. We wish you nothing but the best in your next career path.

n/a
Customer Service associate (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 30, 2018
I wasn't there very long but what I learned is that it wasn't a one call resolution type of company.
I know most company's will go thru a lot of changes and structures but dealing with money and life insurance policies are not the area to be lacking in.
Pros
it was Monday thru Friday
Cons
not enough resources to assist in your job function
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at Globe Life. We're continually looking for ways to improve our employee experience and listening to former team members will help make this possible. Best of luck to you in the future.

Customer service job
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Management is not involved and moral is low. Highly micromanaged. Customer service job for life insurance, you will get paid $12-$14 an hour, biweekly. You do work with a lot of people, sitting side by side in outdated cubicles. If you are in sales you will not bonus until 2nd or 3rd month. Very low call volumes which equal minimal sale opportunities. May be a good first job.
Pros
$50 Christmas gift card and luncheon, insurance benefits, ability to transfer departments.
Cons
Pay is not good for what you deal with day to day.
September 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at Globe Life. We're very sorry your time here didn't meet your expectations. We're continually looking for ways to improve our employee experience and listening to former team members will help make this possible. Best of luck to you in the future.

humanity?
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 15, 2018
If you did think you'd be able to eat a work the answer is no. There is no fridge to bring a lunch to and you must stop your work even if it is not your lunch time just to stand in line for a vender. The only has a limited amount of food so if they run out you don't eat plus the cost maybe from 10.00 to 20 a day. I have a certification in life insurance and still got paid 13.00 an hour.
Pros
we can have snacks at the desk
Cons
watch over your shoulder managment
September 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at Globe Life. We're continually looking for ways to improve our employee experience and listening to former team members will help make this possible. We wish you the best of luck in your future career path.

Bad environment
Payment Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 30, 2018
Terrible work environment in Payment Processing. Treated like a robot and just supposed to work non-stop. There are literally even cameras everywhere to make sure you're working. Have to document your workload EVERY SINGLE DAY! Unbelievable. I only lasted 6 weeks there before I found something MUCH better!
August 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at Globe Life. We're continually looking for ways to improve our employee experience and listening to former team members will help make this possible. We're happy you found a better career fit and wish you all the best in the future.

Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney TxAugust 16, 2018
Working for Globe was the worst place I've ever worked at. The company doesn't care about your well being. Anytime you asked for time off because you had a Dr's appointment or other personal matters, they denied it. Even if you had PTO an put in advance they would deny you. There was no help. What so ever. It was dirty, an nasty. Very ghetto. There was no respect for the employees and alot of favoritism. I'm writing this because I know whoever is reading this can do better for themselves. The pay, everything is horrible bout this company.
Pros
Don't have any
Cons
Pay is horrible, place is dirty an they don't care about your welfare.
August 17, 2018

Lots of on the job training
Customer Service Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 7, 2018
They will teach you everything you need to know about insurance here. It was a great job that helped me to expand my knowledge base. Unfortunately, I had a medical emergency and had to have surgery and a long recovery time, and decided to not go back. It is a loud call center. They do not encourage others to talk more quietly, and I had a lot of trouble hearing most of the time. Otherwise, I really enjoyed it!
Pros
Great benefits and compensation program
Cons
Loud
August 8, 2018

Thank you for your review of Globe Life. We hope you're feeling better and your recovery is going well! We're glad you enjoyed your time as one of our valuable team members. Professional growth and training is an important part of our employee experience and we're glad you were able to gain valuable knowledge during your time with us. Best wishes to you in the future.

Great Learning Experience
Contestable Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2018
I really like my job and I love my team members that I supervise. I don't have any possible career advancement unless I am willing to relocate. It's a good company that cares about their employees. Managers are easy going and flexible. It's a good company to work for.
Pros
It is a great place to learn the insurance business.
Cons
There is very little room for advancement.
August 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for being a part of our Globe Life team! We love hearing that our employees are learning while enjoying the family atmosphere we have at Globe Life.

Wonderful Work Place
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 26, 2018
I worked for Globe for 1 yr and has benefited my career as well as provided me with vast knowledge. Management is wonderful and company gives what you put in it.
Pros
People and Work Culture
Cons
Low internal trasition pay
July 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for being a part of our Globe Life team! We love hearing that our employees are continuously learning and growing professionally while enjoying the family atmosphere we have at Globe Life.

Great Place but need better benefits
Employee (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 16, 2018
I worked for Globe Life for over 5 years. I really enjoyed working there when things and managers were good. The HR department was very bad though. They really need to work on better insurance options, help with employees that have issues instead of just taking the managers and uppers side. They have an Open Door policy but it is not very friendly. Beware of this. Other than that, lunches everyday were different restaurants coming in serving us options. We had various events like Ice Cream Socials, Texas Rangers Opening Day and the Thanksgiving dinner.
Pros
Lunch Options, Events
Cons
HR Department, Benefits
July 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback regarding your time with Globe Life. The channels of communication with our employees and the benefits we offer are two areas we are continually looking for ways to improve. Listening to former employees is a great way to accomplish this and we thank you. All the best to you in the future.

Love my job
Data Integrity Analyst (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 3, 2018
When i made the move from one position to this, i wasn't sure if i could do the job or not. My manager was very helpful and wanted me to succeed and I did.
Pros
manager, work schedule, etc.
Cons
no moving up
July 9, 2018

Thank you for being a part of our Globe Life team! We appreciate your positive feedback and agree with you on the qualities that allow team members to thrive in our growing company. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to Globe Life!

Unfair pay
Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 20, 2018
Globe Life tricks you by offering you $12 an hour. After the first 3 months it goes to paid by the piece. You can sit there for hours and not make $20 per night. I feel if I show and do the work of making the phone calls, I should be compensated. This is unfair to their employees.
June 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to Globe Life. We are always trying to improve the career path for each team member and listening to current and former employees' feedback helps us do that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Globe Life. Our community is ready to answer.