Globe Life Employee Reviews

No concern for employees
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2018
My main grievance is that Globe Life is one of the largest life insurance companies in the world and they DO NOT have a bereavement policy for the employees. We deal with death all day long and are expected to be sympathetic and empathetic when speaking with customers about the loss of their loved ones. But management didn't give a care about my loved one. When my father died, I was forced to come in or be written up. I was off 2 days and then I was forced back to the grindstone or lose my job. It's sad that Globe Life's business is death and maybe that is why they don't value the employees personal life.
Pros
Nice view
Cons
No room for advancement
November 9, 2018

We're very sorry about the loss of your father and send our deepest sympathy and prayers to you and your family for your loss. We appreciate you bringing this topic to light and we’ve shared your comments with our management team. Thank you for your feedback and for your hard work and dedication to Globe Life and our customers.

productive fun work environment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 29, 2018
walk in go to lunch area get me a drink or a snack for the morning head to my desk to clock in we have to wait 5 minutes before our shift before we could actually clock in
Pros
30 min lunch break
Cons
short breaks
October 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at Globe Life. We're glad your employee experience was enjoyable and productive. We're disappointed it didn't work out long-term but wish you all the best in the future.

Don’t waste your time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 16, 2018
The training is horrible, you get thrown on to the phones at 2 weeks. Everyone at the company will say “ask for help, always ask for help” but you never have anyone to ask for help. Numerous people from my training class hates working here and is currently looking for new jobs. They do not care about your quality of life, I was fired for my kids & myself being sick or them needing to be picked up from school, which i explained my sons situation at hire, and told them he constantly has doctors appointments, they said as long as it’s not during the first month of training it would be fine. My first request off from work was denied even over a month in advance. You have 2- 15 minute breaks and 1 lunch for 30 minutes- which could be a 2pm lunch. Other than breaks they allow you 5 minutes for restroom time and get on to you if it’s any longer than 1 hr and 5 minutes off the phone total, they are constantly hiring new people because they can’t keep the ones they have. You cannot have your phones on in the work area at all. The calls are consistent so there is no time to correct any previous things being sent back to you.
If you love stress and have no kids, this is the perfect job for you!! Good luck
Pros
Health insurance
October 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're disappointed the time you spent at Globe Life didn't meet your expectations and we hope your son is doing better. We are continually looking for ways to improve our employee experience and listening to former team members will help make this possible. We wish you nothing but the best in your next career path.

n/a
Customer Service associate (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 30, 2018
I wasn't there very long but what I learned is that it wasn't a one call resolution type of company.
I know most company's will go thru a lot of changes and structures but dealing with money and life insurance policies are not the area to be lacking in.
Pros
it was Monday thru Friday
Cons
not enough resources to assist in your job function
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at Globe Life. We're continually looking for ways to improve our employee experience and listening to former team members will help make this possible. Best of luck to you in the future.

Customer service job
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Management is not involved and moral is low. Highly micromanaged. Customer service job for life insurance, you will get paid $12-$14 an hour, biweekly. You do work with a lot of people, sitting side by side in outdated cubicles. If you are in sales you will not bonus until 2nd or 3rd month. Very low call volumes which equal minimal sale opportunities. May be a good first job.
Pros
$50 Christmas gift card and luncheon, insurance benefits, ability to transfer departments.
Cons
Pay is not good for what you deal with day to day.
September 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at Globe Life. We're very sorry your time here didn't meet your expectations. We're continually looking for ways to improve our employee experience and listening to former team members will help make this possible. Best of luck to you in the future.

Bad environment
Payment Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 30, 2018
Terrible work environment in Payment Processing. Treated like a robot and just supposed to work non-stop. There are literally even cameras everywhere to make sure you're working. Have to document your workload EVERY SINGLE DAY! Unbelievable. I only lasted 6 weeks there before I found something MUCH better!
August 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time at Globe Life. We're continually looking for ways to improve our employee experience and listening to former team members will help make this possible. We're happy you found a better career fit and wish you all the best in the future.

Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney TxAugust 16, 2018
Working for Globe was the worst place I've ever worked at. The company doesn't care about your well being. Anytime you asked for time off because you had a Dr's appointment or other personal matters, they denied it. Even if you had PTO an put in advance they would deny you. There was no help. What so ever. It was dirty, an nasty. Very ghetto. There was no respect for the employees and alot of favoritism. I'm writing this because I know whoever is reading this can do better for themselves. The pay, everything is horrible bout this company.
Pros
Don't have any
Cons
Pay is horrible, place is dirty an they don't care about your welfare.
August 17, 2018

Lots of on the job training
Customer Service Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 7, 2018
They will teach you everything you need to know about insurance here. It was a great job that helped me to expand my knowledge base. Unfortunately, I had a medical emergency and had to have surgery and a long recovery time, and decided to not go back. It is a loud call center. They do not encourage others to talk more quietly, and I had a lot of trouble hearing most of the time. Otherwise, I really enjoyed it!
Pros
Great benefits and compensation program
Cons
Loud
August 8, 2018

Thank you for your review of Globe Life. We hope you're feeling better and your recovery is going well! We're glad you enjoyed your time as one of our valuable team members. Professional growth and training is an important part of our employee experience and we're glad you were able to gain valuable knowledge during your time with us. Best wishes to you in the future.

Great Learning Experience
Contestable Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2018
I really like my job and I love my team members that I supervise. I don't have any possible career advancement unless I am willing to relocate. It's a good company that cares about their employees. Managers are easy going and flexible. It's a good company to work for.
Pros
It is a great place to learn the insurance business.
Cons
There is very little room for advancement.
August 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for being a part of our Globe Life team! We love hearing that our employees are learning while enjoying the family atmosphere we have at Globe Life.

Wonderful Work Place
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 26, 2018
I worked for Globe for 1 yr and has benefited my career as well as provided me with vast knowledge. Management is wonderful and company gives what you put in it.
Pros
People and Work Culture
Cons
Low internal trasition pay
July 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for being a part of our Globe Life team! We love hearing that our employees are continuously learning and growing professionally while enjoying the family atmosphere we have at Globe Life.

Great Place but need better benefits
Employee (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 16, 2018
I worked for Globe Life for over 5 years. I really enjoyed working there when things and managers were good. The HR department was very bad though. They really need to work on better insurance options, help with employees that have issues instead of just taking the managers and uppers side. They have an Open Door policy but it is not very friendly. Beware of this. Other than that, lunches everyday were different restaurants coming in serving us options. We had various events like Ice Cream Socials, Texas Rangers Opening Day and the Thanksgiving dinner.
Pros
Lunch Options, Events
Cons
HR Department, Benefits
July 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback regarding your time with Globe Life. The channels of communication with our employees and the benefits we offer are two areas we are continually looking for ways to improve. Listening to former employees is a great way to accomplish this and we thank you. All the best to you in the future.

Love my job
Data Integrity Analyst (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 3, 2018
When i made the move from one position to this, i wasn't sure if i could do the job or not. My manager was very helpful and wanted me to succeed and I did.
Pros
manager, work schedule, etc.
Cons
no moving up
July 9, 2018

Thank you for being a part of our Globe Life team! We appreciate your positive feedback and agree with you on the qualities that allow team members to thrive in our growing company. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to Globe Life!

Unfair pay
Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 20, 2018
Globe Life tricks you by offering you $12 an hour. After the first 3 months it goes to paid by the piece. You can sit there for hours and not make $20 per night. I feel if I show and do the work of making the phone calls, I should be compensated. This is unfair to their employees.
June 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to Globe Life. We are always trying to improve the career path for each team member and listening to current and former employees' feedback helps us do that.

Opportunity
Marketing (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 20, 2018
If you are a hard worker, driven, and innovative, you will find opportunity in this company. Most of leadership started at the bottom and have worked their way up the corporate ladder.
June 22, 2018

Worse part-time job I ever had.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHMay 31, 2018
This is a telemarketing job. I called on people who posted their resume online and I identified myself to job-seekers as a "Recruiter" for the company.

The hardest part of the job, for me, was deceiving job-seekers into believing I was scheduling them for an interview for employment when it was actually a commission only insurance sales position where they would need to spend money on obtaining an insurance license before they could receive their first commission.

I was stressed doing this especially when some job-seekers had to travel over an hour for the interview, or had to secure a babysitter.
Pros
They supplied fruit in the lunchroom.
Cons
The stress of doing something that compromised my integrity.
June 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're very sorry that this part-time position wasn't a good fit for you but wish you well in your future career path.

Great place to work for
Payroll Practitioner II (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 9, 2018
I loved my job and boss at Globe Life Insurance Company.

My typical day at work was processing payroll and many various other duties.

I loved the workplace culture and the people that I worked with.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people with issues and everyday questions that they has regarding their payroll.

I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a great place to work.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Lack of parking/covered parking
May 1, 2018

Thank you for your positive review of your employment experience at Globe Life. We continue to look for ways to improve the parking situation for our employees and customers.

Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 5, 2018
Good place to work at. Teaching management. Allows for work/life balance. Horizontal movement within the company. Good benefits offered. Good work environment. Good coworkers.
May 1, 2018

We're happy to have you on the Globe Life team! Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

Reputable brand with good people
Claim Supervisor - Health Claims (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 1, 2018
Excellent work/life balance. Caring leadership who creates a good work environment. Solid culture and reputable brand. Training provided with minimal structure. Quality individuals in the workplace. Opportunities to contribute are available and needed. Compensation is less competitive than others, but job security seems good.
Pros
Work environment; job security; leadership
Cons
compensation
May 1, 2018

Thank you for being part of the Globe Life team! We appreciate your hard work and dedication.

More Than Just An Employee
Analyst (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 14, 2018
The department and management team that I work for are phenomenal and genuinely care about me, not just as an employee but as a person. They encourage each employee to expand their knowledge base and strive to improve every day.
March 16, 2018

Absolutely! We are happy to hear you have such a supportive and encouraging leadership team.

One of the few long term companies left
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 13, 2018
Globe Life provides a relaxed environment, full benefits, opportunity for advancement, and a pension! Many many of the employees have been here 5, 10, 20 years or more. This is an increasing rarity in the corporate world today, which says a ton about how this company treats its employees. Highly recommend.
Pros
benefits, relaxed work pace, suburban neighborhood
March 19, 2018

Cheers to many more years! Thank you for your feedback and recommendation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Globe Life. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about