Globe Life Employee Reviews

Lots of on the job training
Customer Service Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 7, 2018
They will teach you everything you need to know about insurance here. It was a great job that helped me to expand my knowledge base. Unfortunately, I had a medical emergency and had to have surgery and a long recovery time, and decided to not go back. It is a loud call center. They do not encourage others to talk more quietly, and I had a lot of trouble hearing most of the time. Otherwise, I really enjoyed it!
Pros
Great benefits and compensation program
Cons
Loud
August 8, 2018

Thank you for your review of Globe Life. We hope you're feeling better and your recovery is going well! We're glad you enjoyed your time as one of our valuable team members. Professional growth and training is an important part of our employee experience and we're glad you were able to gain valuable knowledge during your time with us. Best wishes to you in the future.

Great Learning Experience
Contestable Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2018
I really like my job and I love my team members that I supervise. I don't have any possible career advancement unless I am willing to relocate. It's a good company that cares about their employees. Managers are easy going and flexible. It's a good company to work for.
Pros
It is a great place to learn the insurance business.
Cons
There is very little room for advancement.
August 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for being a part of our Globe Life team! We love hearing that our employees are learning while enjoying the family atmosphere we have at Globe Life.

Wonderful Work Place
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 26, 2018
I worked for Globe for 1 yr and has benefited my career as well as provided me with vast knowledge. Management is wonderful and company gives what you put in it.
Pros
People and Work Culture
Cons
Low internal trasition pay
July 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for being a part of our Globe Life team! We love hearing that our employees are continuously learning and growing professionally while enjoying the family atmosphere we have at Globe Life.

Great Place but need better benefits
Employee (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 16, 2018
I worked for Globe Life for over 5 years. I really enjoyed working there when things and managers were good. The HR department was very bad though. They really need to work on better insurance options, help with employees that have issues instead of just taking the managers and uppers side. They have an Open Door policy but it is not very friendly. Beware of this. Other than that, lunches everyday were different restaurants coming in serving us options. We had various events like Ice Cream Socials, Texas Rangers Opening Day and the Thanksgiving dinner.
Pros
Lunch Options, Events
Cons
HR Department, Benefits
July 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback regarding your time with Globe Life. The channels of communication with our employees and the benefits we offer are two areas we are continually looking for ways to improve. Listening to former employees is a great way to accomplish this and we thank you. All the best to you in the future.

Love my job
Data Integrity Analyst (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 3, 2018
When i made the move from one position to this, i wasn't sure if i could do the job or not. My manager was very helpful and wanted me to succeed and I did.
Pros
manager, work schedule, etc.
Cons
no moving up
July 9, 2018

Thank you for being a part of our Globe Life team! We appreciate your positive feedback and agree with you on the qualities that allow team members to thrive in our growing company. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to Globe Life!

Unfair pay
Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 20, 2018
Globe Life tricks you by offering you $12 an hour. After the first 3 months it goes to paid by the piece. You can sit there for hours and not make $20 per night. I feel if I show and do the work of making the phone calls, I should be compensated. This is unfair to their employees.
June 22, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to Globe Life. We are always trying to improve the career path for each team member and listening to current and former employees' feedback helps us do that.

Opportunity
Marketing (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 20, 2018
If you are a hard worker, driven, and innovative, you will find opportunity in this company. Most of leadership started at the bottom and have worked their way up the corporate ladder.
June 22, 2018

Worse part-time job I ever had.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHMay 31, 2018
This is a telemarketing job. I called on people who posted their resume online and I identified myself to job-seekers as a "Recruiter" for the company.

The hardest part of the job, for me, was deceiving job-seekers into believing I was scheduling them for an interview for employment when it was actually a commission only insurance sales position where they would need to spend money on obtaining an insurance license before they could receive their first commission.

I was stressed doing this especially when some job-seekers had to travel over an hour for the interview, or had to secure a babysitter.
Pros
They supplied fruit in the lunchroom.
Cons
The stress of doing something that compromised my integrity.
June 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're very sorry that this part-time position wasn't a good fit for you but wish you well in your future career path.

Great place to work for
Payroll Practitioner II (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 9, 2018
I loved my job and boss at Globe Life Insurance Company.

My typical day at work was processing payroll and many various other duties.

I loved the workplace culture and the people that I worked with.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people with issues and everyday questions that they has regarding their payroll.

I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a great place to work.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Lack of parking/covered parking
May 1, 2018

Thank you for your positive review of your employment experience at Globe Life. We continue to look for ways to improve the parking situation for our employees and customers.

Reputable brand with good people
Claim Supervisor - Health Claims (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 1, 2018
Excellent work/life balance. Caring leadership who creates a good work environment. Solid culture and reputable brand. Training provided with minimal structure. Quality individuals in the workplace. Opportunities to contribute are available and needed. Compensation is less competitive than others, but job security seems good.
Pros
Work environment; job security; leadership
Cons
compensation
May 1, 2018

Thank you for being part of the Globe Life team! We appreciate your hard work and dedication.

More Than Just An Employee
Analyst (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 14, 2018
The department and management team that I work for are phenomenal and genuinely care about me, not just as an employee but as a person. They encourage each employee to expand their knowledge base and strive to improve every day.
March 16, 2018

Absolutely! We are happy to hear you have such a supportive and encouraging leadership team.

One of the few long term companies left
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 13, 2018
Globe Life provides a relaxed environment, full benefits, opportunity for advancement, and a pension! Many many of the employees have been here 5, 10, 20 years or more. This is an increasing rarity in the corporate world today, which says a ton about how this company treats its employees. Highly recommend.
Pros
benefits, relaxed work pace, suburban neighborhood
March 19, 2018

Cheers to many more years! Thank you for your feedback and recommendation.

Work policies were poorly thought out.
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 9, 2018
Work culture was continually changing, becoming more and more remote in terms of assistance handling difficult situations. Employees were allowed to harass people doing a good job. There was a lot of jealousy and unchecked or unnoticed harassment, at times from direct supervisor.
Pros
Relatively good pay.
Cons
Odd working conditions and often poorly thought out policies.
March 12, 2018

We are sorry to learn of your experience and take claims of this nature very seriously. We invite you to send us an email to feedback@globelifeins.com with more details so that we can investigate this matter.

Overall experience
Senior Health Examiner (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2018
My time with Globe was somewhat interesting. A typical day as with most companies was clock in morning time, clock out for lunch, clock in after lunch, clock out at end of day.

I did learn multi tasking when working here. It kept my day going and before I knew it, the day was over.

The hardest part was leaving after 16 years.
Pros
Safety precautions
Cons
Hours
March 16, 2018

Thank you for your review and for 16 years of service. We wish you the best.

garbage company that preys on minorities
Conservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 27, 2018
evil company that preys on poor people. call broke people and try to scam them out of their money for garbage insurance. great job if you have no morals
The Actuarial Department of Globe Life is the best!!
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 24, 2018
I was at the company for 20 years. In my opinion, I worked for the best department in the company. Management was very good, my supervisor was great and I had the opportunity to learn different job duties. The staff in my department was super to work with and very supportive and caring.

I don't feel there was anything hard about the job, but the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff.
Globe Life is not a great Company to work for
Annuity Clerk (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 22, 2018
This job absolutely sucks in management as well as pay. I worked there for 12 years, I had to teach myself the job because the training is horrible. As long as you can do for them they are your best friend, but if you happen to get sick and need time off for any reason they are your worst enemy. I never got in trouble on the job and worked my but off for this company, but when I got sick, I saw just how loyal they were.
Pros
plenty of vacation time
Cons
sucks at management and pay
Not a bad place to work, controlled by corporate office in Texas
Health Claims Examiner, Oklahoma City (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 19, 2018
Processed medical claims. Was hired at a time that the company was way behind in processing claims, so there was a lot of overtime.
Being busy made the day go by quickly. Computer systems were pretty good, I could go through the claims quickly without computer issues.
Learned a lot about the different regulations in different states, and the many different policies we carried.
Local management was subordinate to the Corporate bosses in Texas. In ... 2008? 2009? there was a really bad snowstorm in OKC, had over 6 inches of snow, right before Christmas, but our office couldn't close (even tho the city was shutting down) until they got permission from Texas!

Workplace was comfortable and semi-casual. They even had an indoor smoking only break room. Office was right downtown, great location. Our parking was paid for at a discount.

Job wasn't really that hard. Management was friendly, didn't mind if I sent a claim to them with a question about whether or not it could be paid.

Made good friends! And, the downtown location was right by a park that had free live music and a farmer's market in the summer. Company gave us extra long lunch hours when the annual Arts Festival was running.
Pros
good location, parking paid by employer at discount, good co-workers
Cons
Corporate, out of state management... we kept thinking all our jobs would move to Texas someday.
Horrible place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 18, 2018
This company is the worst company anyone could work for. I had never had a job where I would come home as stressed as I did here. It has very poor management and constantly have training classes because they can not keep their people.
Stable Company
Senior Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Looking for job security, Globe Life is the place to work. The company is very solid financially and has survived the ups and downs of the job market.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Globe Life. Our community is ready to answer.