Globe Life

• Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Nothing Bad to say

Nothing bad to say. The company I worked for was Globe Life Liberty National and if you have a strong extrovert personality you can excel in an amazing career

Pros

Paid for Hard Work

Cons

No benefits

Manager

It was a hostile work environment, between a manager yelling at you after telling them don’t do that due to trigger of pstd being told just over look it and worrying about hiring more agents than the current agents. I wouldn’t work for there again if it was the last job on earth.

November 9, 2021
We're very sorry to learn of your experience with Globe Life and invite you to send us an email to feedback@globelifeins.com with more agency details so that we can look into your situation. The experience you described is not acceptable and not indicative of our training or management at Globe Life. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Run for the hills

I will never get back the time I wasted working at globe life. Absolutely atrocious leadership,fresh out of training my supervisor went on vacation to get cosmetic surgery and I was left in limbo to fend for myself within a company that had 0 interest in me and my personal growth and success. A 100% commission job and I made not 1 sale. Countless hours wasted prospecting and driving around everywhere chasing down dead leads, for months I didn't make a single penny, I would have been better off investing that time flipping patties. I certainly would have made a lot more money if I had done that instead. Please understand what you're getting into, the simple truth is, you are essentially a glorified door to door salesman with no support from your higher ups who could care less about you. So unless thats something that appeals to you, run for the hills.

Pros

Free coffee at the office

Cons

Everything else

August 9, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry that your time with Globe Life Family Heritage Division didn't meet your expectations. The experience you're describing does not represent our Family Heritage hiring or training style and we are sorry to learn that this was your experience. We invite you to send us an email to feedback@globelifeins.com with more agency details so that we can look further into this situation and make sure this type of experience doesn't happen to another team member again in the future. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Not supportive at all during pandemic

New fresh out of college and looking to make money during a rough time. Not very well trained and poor communication. I won’t be back in the insurance industry again.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Poor training, No communication

June 2, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our Globe Life Family Heritage agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your experience does not represent our training and management style and we apologize if you felt you weren't given the proper support while on our team. We invite you to send us more agency details of your experience to feedback@globelifeins.com so that we can look into your situation and help improve our agents' path to success. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Misleading about job

I enjoyed my managers and helping/meeting people. However I feel like they mislead on a few aspects of the insurance agent job. I was told I would not be making cold calls, but one day a week was spent in the office calling 60-100 businesses trying to get information about them. This job is also only commissioned based. I was told if I worked hard but wasn’t having success closing and getting people to sign up, they would help with pay, they did not. They also said the one week of classroom training would be paid, but it wasn’t.

Pros

Flexible job hours, set your own schedule

Cons

Cold calls, commission only pay

March 31, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We’re very sorry our Globe Life Family Heritage Division agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your situation is not indicative of our management and hiring style and we apologize if you were misled about aspects of the opportunity. We invite you to send us an email to feedback@globelifeins.com with more agency details so we can look further into your experience.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Bad

The management is terrible. They care more about the job than the actual person and any situation outside the work place they don’t want to help you at all. They get mad when you don’t come in when they want you too and if you don’t do their standards it gets even worse.

March 16, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our Globe Life Family Heritage Division gent position isn't currently meeting your expectations. Your experience does not represent our training and management style and we apologize if you aren't being given the proper support. We invite you to send us more agency details of your experience to feedback@globelifeins.com so that we can look into your situation and help improve our agents' path to success. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Good place to work with great management

I had no insurance sales experience prior to working here. Management worked hard to help me and make sure I succeeded. Great team effort. It is a commission only job though so be prepared to work hard to get paid.

February 11, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. As you know, Globe Life Family Heritage Division strives to provide our agents with a positive and supportive work environment. As you know, with a strong work ethic, this career can lead to an abundance of personal and financial success. Thank you for being an integral part of our team's mission to provide financial protection to families in our community. Best wishes to even more success with Family Heritage.

Kinda Predatory

Cold calls and surprise walk ins. Hope you don't mind dealing with ill people all day. Can be good money if you luck out or are already good at sales.

October 27, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. While we're happy to have you on our team and appreciate your contributions to Globe Life Family Heritage Division, we're sorry that you are not completely satisfied with your experience. So that we can look further into your situation and take the necessary steps to improve the issues you've brought up, we invite you to send us an email to feedback@globelifeins.com with more agency details. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Exciting workplace

Honest from the start, commission only. Bad leads. The start up is all on your own and their motto is either you sink or swim and it's a start up company.

October 22, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Although we're glad you enjoyed the positive work environment, your experience does not represent our training and management style and we apologize if you felt you weren't given the proper support while on our team. We invite you to send us more agency details of your experience to feedback@globelifeins.com so that we can look into your situation and help improve our agents' path to success. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

The owner had a direct hand with all employee's.

The owner takes a very personal approach to everyone who works here. He shares with everyone and encourages the success of everyone at the company on an individual basis.

Pros

Too many to count

Cons

You need to be in a position that your bills are paid to have the time to build your clientele.

July 24, 2020
Thank you for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed being a productive member of our Globe Life Family Heritage team and appreciate that you recognize the financial and personal opportunity we offer our agents. We thank you for your hard work and dedication to team and customers and wish you all the best in the future.

Very poor

They didn’t know what they were doing and always had dead leads and we had to call to get leads but pretend to be with another company instead of who we really were and also when we went to virtual learning they left their new agents out of the loop

July 24, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry our Family Heritage agent position didn’t meet your expectations. Your experience does not represent our training and management style and we apologize if you felt you weren't given the proper support while on our team. We invite you to send us more agency details of your experience to feedback@globelifeins.com so that we can look into your situation and help improve our agents' path to success. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Great opportunity

The best opportunity in America is right here! Amazing place to work amazing people. The only place that you can truly get paid for what you do! Would not trade this opportunity for anything!

February 6, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you're enjoying the opportunity to make a generous income that correlates with the amount of hard work and effort you put in. As you know, this career can be incredibly rewarding both financially and personally with a strong and dedicated work ethic. Best wishes to a long future of success at Globe Life Family Heritage Division!

Excellent

Very helpful for learning the trade. Management was very helpful for learning how to sell insurance for an individual that may not have extensive background in the field.

December 16, 2019
Thank you for your feedback and for being a part of our Globe Life team! We love hearing that our employees are continuously learning and growing professionally while enjoying the supportive atmosphere we have at Globe Life. Best wishes in the future!

Completely Commission

This was a great learning experience for me. Took away information that was never given on insurance and learned that a 100% commission structure wasn't the right thing for me.

November 26, 2019
Thank you for your review. We’re glad your time with us was a productive learning experience while helping you prepare you for what lies ahead. We appreciate the hard work and dedication you gave to our team and customers. Best wishes to you in your future endeavors.

Low

Not a good place to work. Poor management, horrible work environment. Bed bugs all over the floor alerted management about it and they finally did something 3 months later after More people complained. Nepotism , favoritisms and discriminates. Pease investigate this place ASAP!!!!

November 11, 2019
Thank you for your feedback regarding your Globe Life employment. We're disappointed your experience isn't currently meeting your expectations. The situation you're describing is not representative of our work environment or management style and we invite you to send us an email with more details to feedback@globelifeins.com so that we can look into this further. Thank you for your contributions to our team and we look forward to hearing back from you soon.

The company needs much improvement. Its not the product its the people in management. Change has to take place within first to be the best.

You work hard & will not be compensated fairly. Management misleads and is very deceitful. We have no proper training. You will only be trained by your co-workers not management. Benefits are Extremely expensive. To know that you're "just a number" or "slave" to the company you go above and beyond for is disheartening. The best part is servicing the clients.

September 23, 2019
Thank you for your review. We're sorry Globe Life isn't currently meeting your expectations. Your situation is not indicative of our training and management style and we apologize that this is your experience. Please email us at feedback@globelifeins.com with more department details and we'll look further into this situation. We continue to look for ways to improve our employee experience and listening to current and former team members can help us improve the path to professional and personal success for our team. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Must be ready to take the ball and run. Excellent training

Family Heritage was just recently acquired by Globe Life. All in all it is an excellent opportunity IF you are willing to put in the work. The training is excellent. They want you to ask questions, and learn.

Pros

excellent salary potential

Cons

cold calling

September 18, 2019
Thank you for your feedback and for your hard work and dedication to Family Heritage. We're glad you're enjoying the thorough training and supportive work environment we encourage. In this rewarding career, you do typically get out of it what you put in. Best wishes to even more years of success at Family Heritage.

Insurance Company

A good insurance company to work for. They have great benifits and training. The people who work there are very friendly. This is a very sucessful company.

August 26, 2019
Thank you for your feedback regarding your time with Globe Life. We're happy you enjoyed the friendly work environment and benefited from the thorough training and employment programs offered. We appreciate the time you spent as a member of our Globe Life team and wish you all the best in your future career path.

great company to work for

I loved working for Torchmark corp. I enjoyed learning and getting education in insurance. I learned alot and if it was not for family emergency I would have stayed in Texas. Good work environment with workplace culture. The only complaint would be having to deal with heavy issues and not having the answers for them when going through the worst time of their lives. This was the major stresser.

Pros

great benefits, career advancement

Cons

having to deal with death

N/a

Good place to work. Easy and good pay. Friendly amd fair work place. Fun events discounts on housing, baseball games. Paid holidays off. Good benefits.

Pros

Good schedule

Cons

No raises

Nice

It was a very good place to work. I learned a lot about sales and the sales structure . I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a structured working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Globe Life. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Globe Life.
Powered byComparably

Compare Globe Life with

Career recommendations for Insurance Agent

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Globe Life
  • Insurance Agent
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?