Globus Medical Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Passionate healthcare workplace, but ...
Software Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAAugust 13, 2018
Loved working here, but upper management wanted miracle results on a shoestring budget (competitor projects have staff 3-4 times as large). I thought this was a company that had a real compassion to help people, but it boils down to down to how much does a project contribute to their stock options (the amount that upper management has cashed in so far this year is staggering).
Pros
Free ice cream, bagels, and pretzels every week.
Cons
Very skinny compensation and benefits. Zero encouragement from upper management.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAJuly 25, 2018
They have a lot of extra benefits like pizza for lunch and pretzels and ice cream. Very relaxed for the most part. Allow you to do your job without much interference
Development (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAJune 5, 2018
Really liked the work, the company and the direction. The energy and intelligence among the product development team is inspiring. Although they are almost all "millenials" I never heard that word uttered there.
Worst place ever worked
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Eagleville, PAMay 24, 2018
Ran 8 machines at once , lots of pressure to produce parts. Management was head strong, ego driven, cut throat. Blame ran down hill. Even the employees would blame out one another.
Pros
eight hour days
Cons
To many chiefs, nuf said
I work in a great department, but not totally satisfied with the direction that the company is taking.
dba Bone Bank Allografts (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2018
Great company to work for as far as comprehensive benefit package & stock options.
A typical day at work is mainly behind the computer & on the phone.
Management & culture lacks in transparency & the over all knowledge of tissue banking.
Hardest part of the job is wondering if you have any stability as far the choices this company has made.
The most enjoyable part is my co-workers that I work with in my own department. They are like family.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Feeling unstable
Great compensation
Spine specialist (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PAFebruary 17, 2018
Great place to work. Encouragement is awesome. Most representatives are encouraging to others. Easy to reach out to other representatives to get help and assistance
Overall good place to work. The company treated me well.
IDE Specialist (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAJanuary 3, 2018
During my time here I have learned a great deal about spine surgery and our products. The flex time is a benefit and the people are great. Management has been good to me. The hardest part of the job is that when working with surgeons there is always the possibility of last minute changes and cancelled visits.
Not a productive place to work.
Machine Operator/Setup (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PA 19403December 20, 2017
I'm currently employed by Globus. The supervisors don't communicate between each other, so one supervisor would put you on a task then another one would put you on something else. They expect you to run 5 machines and make quality parts to much paperwork. Not enough experience. No night time supervisor. The machine shop is run like a boys club. The guy they gave employee of the year to made 100% scrap for three weeks, also he wasnt here for a year. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND ENERGY.
Pros
Pretzel wednesday and ice cream friday.
Cons
Your not a valued employee.Pay schduel is every 15 days like ssi.
friendly coworkers, fast paced environnement
QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PADecember 7, 2017
Overall the work environment is nice , shop is clean , people are friendly, but they need to do a lot of work in improving communication between management and employees, they also need to hire more people to face the project of the company's expansion.
Pros
Great benefits and friendly coworkers
Cons
No communocation
Great coworkers, low pay
Manufacturing Planner (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PANovember 17, 2017
I work at Branch, their actual manufacturing plant. We are treated as the "red-headed step child." We get the used, left over chairs from the main building, lots of mold in the walls, poor air quality, while the main building gets new everything, pool tables, TV's.

That being said, the workers here are great, there is opportunity to advance, the managers are fair.
good job for someone right our of college
office (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PANovember 12, 2017
If you want to get some experience on your resume then this job will help. It is not a job for someone interested in long term job security. Turnover is extremely high. Alot of work, minimal pay and no help from management. Yes they have pool tables, ping pong tables and free food but that's most likely where your manager will be while you are doing all the work for minimal pay.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor management, no job advancement, favoritism
Corporate
A/R PO Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAOctober 1, 2017
Corporate atmosphere, very strict with attire, My job should have been between 2 people to complete on a daily basis. I had no back up help if I was out.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Job Should have been for 2 employees.
Cutthroat industry, with amazing new tech products
Spine Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 20, 2017
Great company, great experience, with unique approach to developing and designing implants. A lot of cold calling and lunch meetings. Try to approve new products as they are released. Support other spine reps in the territory.
Pros
Launched a lot of new products
Cons
Over engineered
Average place to work
Manager, Professional Services (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAFebruary 1, 2017
Good place to work but could have more competitive salaries. Need to become current and offer better benefits such as working from home and summer hours. Not much room for advancement for a lot of departments.
Great Products terrible management
Spine Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 5, 2017
I used to have a lot of respect for David Paul and company but the management at Globus has a lot to be desired. No one had a secure job. Guys with no sales stay in others cut on a daily basis. No a secure work environment. It could be a great company
Full speed and about to crash
Cnc swiss (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAOctober 24, 2016
No communication
No way to advance
Keep purchasing equipment
But they are getting rid of good people??
Not finding any experienced people
Pros
For the most part great coworkers
Cons
No way to advance
Productive and family-friendly place to work.
Quality Assurance Specialist - Medical (Current Employee) –  Audubon, PAOctober 23, 2016
This company is the best company I have ever worked with. The management treats you like a human being; they appreciate your efforts to participate in the continuous improvement of the company.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
None right now
The potential is there. But they are lacking crucial resources to support growth.
Cnc swiss (Current Employee) –  Eagleville, PAOctober 23, 2016
I've worked here for several years. I setup and operate cnc swiss turns. The atmosphere is calm and coworkers are friendly. The problem is they are trying to expand but due to the lack of personnel and the inability to
recruit more. The results are beginning to show.
Alot of it comes down to controlling personalities and their inability to pass on knowledge as wells letting others assume more responsibility. When you see new faces your excited to have a new team member. But then you quickly notice that same individual with knowledge that would help the team is brushed aside by individuals who think they need to do every aspect of the job and are afraid to pass on some of the responsibility to that same individual who was hired to for that purpose. I witnessed it first hand recently and am really shocked. We have several new machines but are letting valuable employee assets leave.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
No communication
Worst Manager
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Audubon, PAApril 8, 2016
Worst Manager - Doesn't know what He wants or How System works. Always talks over other and Never have open ears. Very rude, thinks He is correct everytime.
Pros
Pool Table, Ice Cream Friday
Cons
Manager are the Worst
Cool place to work. Training could be better.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2016
I worked at the San Antonio branch via a temp agency. At first everything seemed to be fine.The work was new to me, interesting, and it felt like I was really making a difference. After a few months, the politics started, and folks started showing their true colors. Speaking of true colors, there's a pinch of racism going on. That didn't bother me because at the end of the day, I was only there for the green. I just happen to notice.

The training was HORRIBLE. It was kind of a hands on type of teaching, but when it came down to knowing the ins and outs of exactly what it was that you were doing, you were lost. Paper work is a HUGE deal. You're expected to do a ton of it while you're processing tissue, and just as much, when you're done. Too many errors can and will cost you your job. Simple mistakes like your "i" resembling the number "1" can get you a write up. Within 2 weeks of me being there, I was half behind trained on 3 different functions, and had to train myself in my down time. Where do they do that at? In my short time there, I watched 10 people leave the company.
Pros
The people I worked with were cool, The atmosphere was fun, LOTS of overtime
Cons
Improper training, a few supervisors have chips on their shoulders