GLOVIS America, Inc. Employee Reviews

Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAOctober 7, 2018
It's a great company to work for great co-workers and management alittle stressful at times. Great raises just wish they didn't have a cap on pay but other than that it's great
Pros
Pay
Cons
You live there
Not a great place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Point, MSDecember 18, 2018
Lots of drama is allowed and the pay isn’t good at all. Starting out pay is $9 an hour. You’ll end up working long hours every week and still having very small paychecks. Poor management also.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Everything you could possibly think of in a job.
Worst place I’ve ever worked
Quality Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAOctober 10, 2018
Was treated unfairly and filed a harassment grievance. There was a lot of favoritism and laziness there. There wasnt any kind of structure and the management team needs a lot of improvements.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Nice place to work but little inproductive
Head of IT Department (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 24, 2017
Nice place to work with good benefit programs if salary is satisfied.
Lack of collaboration among depts.
Lack of responsibility.
Inproductive service on IT infrastructure service providing by other Hyundai Subsidiary and too slow processes to adopt new technology & solution, too much relying on in-house development policy from HQ. Hard to upgrade or innovate application systems due to lack of standardization & lack of responsibility among depts.
Pros
Great Benefit Program
Cons
Lack of applying advanced technology & solution caused by Control of HQ
One of the best jobs I ever had
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 3, 2018
Working here taught me a lot about communications and speed. I became very close with the employees and management team. They had a lot of employee activities there. Overall, I had a great experience there.
Pros
benefits, employees and management. flexible schedule
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CASeptember 18, 2018
Management is open to hearing new ideas that will help company make employees feel Happy to work here. They offer monthly vehicle and gym reimbursements.
Glovis is a very productive work place
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 29, 2018
Glovis is a great place to work. It gives you opportunities to move up in the work place from within. Everyone is friendly and always get along with each other.
Pros
The advancement from within
Cons
When we are slow, we leave early or we may the next day off. You never when that may happen.
glovis
Driver (Former Employee) –  Port Hueneme, CASeptember 10, 2018
terrible place to work at management was terrible and there was not enough work hours provided at times and i would also get laid off for weeks at a time
productive and fun place to work, very easy job to preform.
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 13, 2018
Always be on time, always do what you are scheduled to do, work hard and drink lots of water. Have your own car you will need to drive into the plant to the employees parking lot about a mile in a half to get to the brake room where you clock in at.
Uptight strict, environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Point, GASeptember 18, 2018
If you want to have alot of hours I would highly recommend this establishment. There is always money to be made with over-time and volunteers being taken for every Sunday
Job Description Includes:
Shift Manager/Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Point, GADecember 5, 2012
-Transporting customer finished vehicles, shipment tracking; ramp and port dwell reporting and reduction; special move coordination; selection of logistics service providers; contract review, negotiations, and administration; carrier invoice audits and payment approvals via ACES system; transportation claims processing; and department policies and procedures.

-Responsible for all functions related to the importation, storage and processing GUS customers’ finished vehicles to meet or exceed wholesales goals.

-Supports customer needs and monitors inbound and outbound quality issues, vehicle drafting, parts supply tracking, stop sale & port upgrade programs.

-Also responsible for achieving acceptable quality levels at the ports of entry, inland processing centers, vehicle processing centers and vehicle logistics/transportation functions.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, yearly bonuses based on company goals.
Cons
management is not very good at communicating with employees about policy changes and benefits, takes a long time to get approvals for purchases since a committee has final approval.
Productive work place
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 2, 2018
Great environment, great team leaders, great pay and , well organized job environment with people that don't mine training and working with u to be a better employee.
Pros
Great wages
Cons
Short breaks
Fun people to work with
General Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 23, 2018
I've hardly ever disliked the people I worked with at GLOVIS! Everyone there knows we are there to work, but inter-department communications are encouraged
Ubc
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 3, 2018
The job was ok need more teamwork and better pay. You had to wait till position open up in order to get hired on full time. When working there it's a strong possibility you will get wet and be out in the sun and cold moving cars. So you have to be extremely prepared.
It’s a black hole where there is no room to advance
Quality (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2018
As an employee there my experience is that I work for a company that lacks professionalism and has low moral among associates. We have small perks and healthcare but your work ethic is not appreciated.
Pros
1 hr breaks, great hours
Cons
No room for advancement, pay will not increase for years
productive job
VPC accessories (Former Employee) –  Port Hueneme, CAJune 18, 2018
it was a fun job that helped gain experience with cars. had a lot of fun. was stressful sometimes. gave some overtime but started dying out towards the end.
pays well but no life due to work hours and days
installer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 17, 2018
ive worked at glovis for 2 years and didnt get any time to myself or for my family we would work 7 days a week 12 hours a day. its really cut throat with the point system there is no grace period after time clock in, no time requests off as a tempt. you only catch a break if hired on. i would not recommend this job if family is a big part of your life
Pros
pay health care
Cons
shirt breaks and almost no time off
Excellent company.
Driver (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAJanuary 21, 2017
Great place to work. All of this applies to Glovis- which includes recruiting, placing ads, setting up interviews, screening applicants, and advising job candidates about company pay, vacations, health care benefits, investments, and retirement packages.
Great Place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAJuly 18, 2016
Great place to work,learn and grow you will learn a lot at Glovis, Bonus and overtime and great supervisors. wonderful Benefits
Pros
Great Benefits and Bonuses
Cons
I don't know any cons
Inspector (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAAugust 16, 2016
We load tires on & off the line...they would be multiple different tires that would come off trailers..it was a very hot environment which I didn't like
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GLOVIS America, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.