Glumac Employee Reviews

Very Lean and Mean Team ... Until Merger/Acquisition
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 5, 2018
I worked for 2 Great supervisors (Corporate IT Heads) ... I learned tons during my over 6years. As as lean and mean team with very few SysAdmins in our multiple regions, we were always very stretched. As anyone who works in IT knows, this is both Good and Bad. Responsibilities (if your willing and ready) always present themselves. Unfortunately, there's little wiggle room to squeeze in additional, more formal training. As a person that's a self-starter, I was always able to make it happen for my team, but overall, and career wise...this is not an ideal situation. Not all team members learn the same, and formal training, at least provides the opportunity for the team to cover the same, necessary ground...making everyone that much more proficient.

After the Merger, things changed...the company grew in size, and resources...definitely a good thing. I was able to survive that scary phase of our company being absorbed, and really liked what we'd become...450 employees grew to approx 20,000!!

Unfortunately, after a while, and I knew most of this BEFORE the Merger...I would not have the time or the platform (if I stayed @ Glumac) to work in the sector of IT I am NOW truly excited by...AWS
Pros
Solid, Forward Moving, Growing Company.
Cons
Formal Training and/or Time (due to workload) to persue achievable career goals, even if New company offers the desired opportunities
Glumac
BIM Manager & sUAS Pilot (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 3, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Inconsistent management directions was really the only thing sub par. The hours were tolerable. Friendly work environment. Good company vision on sustainability. The only drawback was mid management. Upper level were wonderful to work with.
Very Progressive Culture
Administrative Support Staff (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 24, 2017
As I mentioned, from my perspective Glumac is very progressive and employs lots of professional staff who embrace the culture. Benefits are great, including the extra paid 1 week off between Christmas and New Years. That is huge to be home with family during that time of year. Technology allows for all levels of staff to perform their jobs at a high level.

If you are looking to work for a great organization I'd definitely look here. I'm glad I did.
Pros
Very nice offices, professional staff, good vacation, time off, resources, pay, technology
Cons
Na
Glumac
Mechanical Designer/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 21, 2016
Co-workers were great to work with. My project team was put on short turn around schedules which lead to long hours and a stressful environment. Management could have done more to alleviate us of this. Location and office were nice.
Pros
Free breakfast, fruit
Great place to work with compassionate people and exciting projects.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 14, 2014
Managers and employees work together in respectable and professional manners.
Pros
Nice people to work with, exciting projects, beautiful office in downtown location.
Cons
Great people, very nice working environment
Commissioning Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 15, 2014
Good working environment, learned a great deal about commissioning systems and the details behind how things are done and why.

Management needs to look at modernizing the structure of the company; too top heavy and a significant amount of overhead.
Great people and relaxing atmosphere
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 17, 2013
Typical day started with reading and responding to emails and checking voicemails and returning calls. Talking with co-workers and finding out about deadlines and helping them meet those deadlines for that day. Backing up on the front desk answering 10 line phone. Typing of field reports, specifications, memos/letters.

Hardest part of the job was having deadlines that were unreasonable...we would have clients say they needed their information that day and you have at least 2 days worth of work and all of a sudden you're scrambling to get the job done, but we always accomplished the task and satisfied the clients.

Best part of the job was the people I worked with. We worked as a team and always got the job at hand done. Great people/friends.

Enjoyed that I could go in everyday and know exactly what I was doing and enjoyed every part of my job. Love typing and working with specifications. Learned to use Bluebeam program which is a program that allows you to mark up PDF files. Also learned how to upload/download drawings and information to and from FTP sites.
Pros
Gatherings after work, free lunches, made a lot of friends
Cons
A lot of last minute deadlines
Great people to work with
Commissioning Authority (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2013
I work with Glumac as a Senior Mechanical Commissioning Authority, Manage and supervise as required building solution projects from investigation, feasibility study, sustainability design to the construction phase.I am also a LEED Accredited Professional and License Professional Engineer in Connecticut, California and MA, USA (PE), Certified commissioning professional, and Certified energy Manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glumac. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

4.4InHerSight Score

4.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

4.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight