Glynn Electric Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJuly 21, 2018
Fast paced work environment you’re given the opportunity to learn on the move. The company is very family oriented thrive of working as one large unit, everyone is very helpful to one another.
No advancement in company
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAApril 3, 2018
Company did not take feedback into consideration did not seem like they cared a lot about there employees. And they are not very honest about any of the work.
Not the worst pkace to work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 17, 2018
Most foreman were ok, coworkers were great, benefits and good health ins., run work if you want to, overtime if you want it. Communication could've been better
Pros
Profit sharing a few times a year, always have work, generous raises
Cons
Start you a little low hourly. Communcation
Stressful environment with very little learning experience and exposure
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MADecember 19, 2017
Glynn electric is a big company so they aren’t big on training person to person due to the amount of work available. They prefer you learn as you go even if you don’t have an understanding of the tasks ahead. Work environments are always competitive and not relaxed like you’re fighting to keep your job instead of trying to do it to the best of your ability. The foreman are very impatient and will report you immediately if they see you are slower than the other workers, sort of feels like high school all over again. Way too many employees with very little room to grow.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful environment, strenuous work, lack of education
Not too bad at Glynn for such a big company.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MANovember 5, 2017
I work there around 2013 2014 as a licensed electrician.At my 2nd annual company meeting I noticed many many people that were new.They go through help, they want you to work hard and long sometimes far far away.The people I worked with were very nice to work with you could get answers from the office if you needed something they had free 15 our code reviews at the shop a free apprentice program at the shop.They don't have enough project managers. Yup hello Mike
Pros
Plenty of work good coworkers
Cons
Demanding sometimes chaotic
horrible
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MANovember 3, 2017
This is a terrible company. No appreciation for the workforce. Management will promise you the world and not deliver. I would recommend to anyone to stay away from this company.
How much more can you ask for?
Construction Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAOctober 19, 2017
Good, honest, straight forward people. Genuinely concerned with the wellbeing of their employees and the community.
If one is reliable, ambitious and applies themselves they notice and reward and provide opportunity.
Pros
nice people, generious with snacks and drinks, accomodateing
Cons
growth keeps things moving along so not much slacking
Constantly hiring because nobody stays here.
Low Voltage Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MASeptember 13, 2017
If you are considering a position in the service dept be prepared for a barrage of service calls at the end of the day. Poor scheduling. As a low voltage tech was asked to work on high voltage systems. Manager was brutal but has since left company. Upper management does not care about employees. Service accounts are a lot of national retail places. They will question every move you make and question why it took 20 minutes to drive from the South Shore to Boston.
Pros
Location off the highway in Plymouth
Cons
Terrible management, lousy accounts, and much more.
Project Foreman (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAMay 24, 2016
My daily requirements as a supervisor, as in my previous job, consists of managing projects, handling
customer relations, weekly budget reports, toolbox safety talks, material purchases, weekly payroll, and
supervision and training of company employees.
Efficient, professional, reliable company!
Assisstant Purchaser (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day is usually fast paced but definitely manageable/gratifying. Since working here I've gained a tremendous amount of experience. Whether out in the field for service or out in construction (residential, commercial and even industrial job sites). I've been able to work on Photo-voltaic systems and fire alarm systems. Also I've gained an immense amount of knowledge towards the logistics of providing manpower, coordinating orders and jobs to work with our tight schedules. One of the biggest benefits of working here is that just about every person you approach is willing to help you out in anyway they can. The hardest part of work is knowing that this industry in constantly changing and evolving, so you can never truly master the whole trade. I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that this trade is in high demand. It provides me with a sense of comfort knowing I'd be able to find work if need be.
Pros
Good benefits, Plenty of work, Promotes within
Cons
Communication
Family oriented workplace
Director of Client Services (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 11, 2014
Great place to work. Positive attitudes, fair management.
Pros
Catered lunches, family holiday events, good benefits
a normal day at work
Licensed Journeyman Electrican - Service/Small (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 21, 2013
My day starts early,lots of hard work /also most days i do alot of troublesooting,every day is a learnig experience.I get along and work well with all of my co-workers,and the most enjoyable part of my job is pleasing the customer,when you get a thank you,it makes all your hard work enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glynn Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

Glynn Electric Reviews by Location