GMR Marketing Employee Reviews

Remote position with little to no concern for field employees well being
Sr. Market Manager/Client Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2018
A position with a catch 22: every silver lining when it comes to the work from home/remote factor but little else in terms of career advancement opportunity, healthy work-life balance and genuine care from corporate management. There is great opportunity for GMR Marketing to enhance these characteristics, but the company as a whole seems far more focused on the bottom dollar line than investing in it's overall employee health and well-being. Hard to work for a company that you feel has little care in it's hard working and dedicated employees.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Non competitive salary, lack of corporate support, disconnected reality between remote and corporate employees, lower than average benefits
Loved working here
Field Mgr (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIOctober 10, 2018
This was the best job, I enjoyed working the promotions and meeting new people. I started out as a Brand Ambassador and was offered an opportunity to work as a Field Manager once I proved that I could handle the responsibilities I continued on as a Sr Field Manager. Sadly I think they have an age limit for promotions and never call me anymore. Although I don't look my age, guess over 40 is cutoff. Well either way I enjoyed my years here and recommend them to anyone interested in promotional marketing.
Pros
Fun advancement opportunity meeting new people
Cons
Very high level of professionalism, Flexible work hours
Sales Specialist & Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WINovember 3, 2018
Company is very reliable and possess some of the best associates in the industry. You are guaranteed a work schedule that is flexible ( can pick up / drop hours at your descretion).
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Have to travel to different locations at the end of a promotion
Full of life and new experiences
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 17, 2018
I was welcomed and made apart of the culture from the start. Hands down the most exciting, cutting edge high preforming fun place I've ever worked. Never a dull moment, but never a moment everyone wasn't challenged to create and be your best.
Review Summary
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 9, 2019
The company overall is a good place to work if you want contracted work. Typically, you are representing a client with different promotional offers. The managers are not onsite so that made it difficult to communicate with them.
Great company to work for
Sr. Field Marketing Manager/Field Manager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMay 11, 2018
I have been with GMR Marketing since 2005 and have been promoted along the way. Since moving from a different city the work is minimal. But once in awhile I will work an event. The promotions and events are always enjoyable and coordinated great.
Pros
Diversity, Salary, Environment, Fellow Employees nice
Cons
Not enough events or promotions locally
Very easy work environment
Team Leader/ Brand ambassador (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 15, 2018
Helping to spread awareness for different brands and promotions. Lots of talking to the public and interaction with people in the stores. Very flexible work hours.
Pros
Flexible schedule and work hours
Cons
only 4 hour shifts typically
Senior Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis MONovember 12, 2018
GMR provided great opportunity to grow as a manager and learn how to manage employees. The company allowed me to grow and coach em through the learning curves of management.
Great Company
Event Manager/Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2018
One of my favorite jobs I ever had. Got to be involved with a lot of great events. Got a chance to make great pa and great benefits. The work environment was postive
Pros
travel, great pay
Cons
my positon was only seasonal.
Work Hard Play Hard
Senior Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 6, 2018
This place is good to work if you want to work hard but also if you enjoy playing hard. Very nice benefits including company sponsored parties and events that most people participate in.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Lack of breaks

Want to know more about GMR Marketing?

Ask a question
Boys Club
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  VariedMay 29, 2018
In my experience, on the specific Program on which I worked, those who are hired for higher positions are done so largely due to being part of an exclusive "Boys Club". It's specifically galling when I see professionals with decades of experience on the Program passed over for promotions in favor of those who have never spent a day working on our Program simply because of who they knew. We lost many excellent managers due to this particular issue.

GMR is a great place to gain experience for better positions elsewhere. Don't plan on spending your life here. You'll just be disappointed.
Pros
Work remotely, flexible schedule
Cons
Difficulty advancing, unrealistic goals
fun place to work
BRAND AMBASSADOR TEAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 26, 2018
Fun, active and quick pace place to work with a fair salary. low advancement opportunities. Great job culture. Excellent to compliment a full-time job.
Hands down...the best company to work for
Events Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
GMR is an amazing company to work for! I've worked as a consistent temp (over 7 years) on various events and they treat their employees just like they treat their clients! Very professional and make each event an experience to remember! Coming to work is fun, organized with daily challenges to keep you on your toes.The team work and the staff is what makes completing each task a lot easier! Even on the most difficult, challenging and hectic days the attitude and smiles of the GMR management team is what keeps you going. If you are blessed enough to get hired be prepared for a fun journey and be ready to grow and expand your mind. Everyone here is passionate about what they do which makes working as a GMR employee, just the same as it is when working with their clients...:An Amazing Experience!
Pros
Too many to name
Cons
Not enough events in NYC
GMR is a fun place to work. Great people
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WINovember 30, 2018
GMR is a great place to work. I've been there over 15 years. They are all like a family to me. They have Trainings each year and they give out awards. I myself have over 15 of them.
Very good at what they do. Excellent company
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Great with locating employment opportunities
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WINovember 16, 2017
Assisted with diverse jobs when needed
Learned new jobs
Management in all but one assignment was excellent
Workplace culture good
Getting use to a team and employer but eventually having to leave due to work assignment changes.
I enjoyed learning to complete tasks that I have never experienced before.
Pros
Working for GMR Marketing very rewarding
Cons
Getting use to a company and employer of great people but having to leave based on work shortage
A good foundation in the promo world
Tour Manager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMay 28, 2018
Working with GMR Marketing was a good experience, especially with the the position of Tour Manager. I had to lead a 4 person team to promote for various companies. I had to set up, make sure materials we had were enough for the program, talk to venue manager to orchestrate a plan into action and also at the same time to be a brand ambassador to promote. The hard part was writing reports after the event and how they wanted it an hour after the show. But with difficulties, I did like the structure and "organization" that GMR tried to provide.
Pros
Great company to start with
Cons
Not much opportunity to grow on
Gmr
Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIDecember 17, 2018
GMR is an innovative global sponsorship and experiential leader, connecting brands and their consumers through shared passions.
We believe experience matters.
Nightlife Bar, high paced
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 7, 2018
I would manage a group of specialists who would work around the Boston bar scene on optimal nights promoting for our client Phillip Morris. A average night night would be stopping in at contracted accounts to collect consumer data.
Pros
Only in the field three to four nights a week
Cons
Always worked weekend nights
Good position and experience
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2018
The field manager position I held with GMR was good work experience. I worked with a great client, Comcast which I learned a lot about that company and all of its competitors . The hardest part of the job was working holiday that you would normally have off with a desk job but that how field marketing is.
Fun events
Event Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Outdoors workplace, promote products at events like monster jam and concerts. Management is great and very helpful. Work when you want. Do events at stores, concerts, and special events etc.
Pros
Fun work = Easy work
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GMR Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GMR Marketing.

Powered by Comparably