GMR Marketing Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Boys Club
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  VariedMay 29, 2018
In my experience, on the specific Program on which I worked, those who are hired for higher positions are done so largely due to being part of an exclusive "Boys Club". It's specifically galling when I see professionals with decades of experience on the Program passed over for promotions in favor of those who have never spent a day working on our Program simply because of who they knew. We lost many excellent managers due to this particular issue.

GMR is a great place to gain experience for better positions elsewhere. Don't plan on spending your life here. You'll just be disappointed.
Pros
Work remotely, flexible schedule
Cons
Difficulty advancing, unrealistic goals
A good foundation in the promo world
Tour Manager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMay 28, 2018
Working with GMR Marketing was a good experience, especially with the the position of Tour Manager. I had to lead a 4 person team to promote for various companies. I had to set up, make sure materials we had were enough for the program, talk to venue manager to orchestrate a plan into action and also at the same time to be a brand ambassador to promote. The hard part was writing reports after the event and how they wanted it an hour after the show. But with difficulties, I did like the structure and "organization" that GMR tried to provide.
Pros
Great company to start with
Cons
Not much opportunity to grow on
Great company to work for
Sr. Field Marketing Manager/Field Manager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMay 11, 2018
I have been with GMR Marketing since 2005 and have been promoted along the way. Since moving from a different city the work is minimal. But once in awhile I will work an event. The promotions and events are always enjoyable and coordinated great.
Pros
Diversity, Salary, Environment, Fellow Employees nice
Cons
Not enough events or promotions locally
fun place to work
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 18, 2018
I love working for GMR marketing. The pay was great, the managers were nice, they worked with my schedule. pay checks were always paid on the day they said.
Great
Bilingual Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2018
Honestly enjoy working for GMR than other brand ambassador companies and they offer great pay and a flexible schedule and pay you for your time with being a lead.
n/a
Sales Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 11, 2018
Check out the website when you get the chance. This is a brand Ambassador job that is for "temporary employment". Also they have contract with different companies for different programs , so it's all about striking gold with the right program.
Great place to learn
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2018
I'm currently a Brand Ambassador and I love it. I'm learning a lot from my manager and other co workers, and the people love us. It's a very fun enviorment and if you take the job seriously there is plenty of oppurtunity for growth.
Pros
Flexible scheduale, great pay, fun enviorment
fun place to work
BRAND AMBASSADOR TEAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 26, 2018
Fun, active and quick pace place to work with a fair salary. low advancement opportunities. Great job culture. Excellent to compliment a full-time job.
Fun job experience
Event Promotions Manager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WI 53151February 26, 2018
Had a amazing time working with GMR. Met celebrities, created my own schedule and was never questionable about receiving pay for service rendered. Awesome company.
Pros
Freedom
Productive fun environment
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 21, 2018
My manager was great. He was flexible with your hours and great when under stressful situations. My job was to educate people on how much they would save switching to Metro-PCS. I would introduce them to our latest phones, gadgets, plans, and accessories. The most enjoyable part working for GMR was I got to attend Riverbend, Monster Jam, and advertise on radio stations. There was nothing too complex about working with GMR. If I had to pick one thing it would be taking online courses about Metro-PCS latest items. Being a part of a marketing agency was new, challenging, and fun.
Pros
Free merchandise, Flexable hours
Cons
No healthcare
Remote position with little to no concern for field employees well being
Sr. Market Manager/Client Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2018
A position with a catch 22: every silver lining when it comes to the work from home/remote factor but little else in terms of career advancement opportunity, healthy work-life balance and genuine care from corporate management. There is great opportunity for GMR Marketing to enhance these characteristics, but the company as a whole seems far more focused on the bottom dollar line than investing in it's overall employee health and well-being. Hard to work for a company that you feel has little care in it's hard working and dedicated employees.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Non competitive salary, lack of corporate support, disconnected reality between remote and corporate employees, lower than average benefits
Fun events
Event Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Outdoors workplace, promote products at events like monster jam and concerts. Management is great and very helpful. Work when you want. Do events at stores, concerts, and special events etc.
Pros
Fun work = Easy work
Cons
No benefits
GMR Marketing
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2018
This job is for anyone who has reliable transportation. Problem is there is not events running every day so you have to jump on opportunities fast or you will not secure a spot for yourself. The company does a great job in prepping you before your assignment and gives you all the materials or clothing you will need, besides pants and shoes. Great company would recommend to anyone who has a good attitude and likes to hype people up.
Awesome Place to Work
General Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia, North CarolinaJanuary 4, 2018
Event Marketing at it's finest .. Great staff, great team, great experience - had the hours not been an issue, I would have never left this position -- This position was more for a single (non married) person
Pros
no complaints at all
Cons
no complaints at all
Great well-organized company with integrity!
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NY, Sacramento, CADecember 27, 2017
I have worked off and on for GMR Marketing as a Brand Ambassador for over 10 years. They communicate via email and phone very well prior to an event that you work for them. I have never known them to be anything but friendly and helpful whenever I had a problem with anything. The events are always well organized and I was treated fairly, got regular breaks, etc. They tend to use the workers who perform well for them a lot, and let you know that you are valued. The promotional events are always fun, and lots of times you get some pretty nice swag! :-)
Pros
Great working environment, acknowledgement for a job well done.
Cons
None- they are the best promotional company I have ever worked for.
Productive and fun work place
Field Manager & Class C Non CDL Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2017
I've had a blast working for GMR year to date. They were my outlet for growing my management, communications and leadership skills. I would recommend working for GMR. Very laid back atmosphere as long as your meeting goals and representing brands in professional manner.
Pros
Contracted work
Cons
Could do better at recognizing rock star talent.
Average
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WINovember 21, 2017
Leaders shouldn't have direct reports if they are not able to be an effective manager, engaged with their staff and not with heads into details, and make time to mentor and grow their teams. In today's business world there is no room for leaders who allow the inexperience to manage teams and be absent minded of high performing/talented staff members.

Employees leave managers, or lack there of, not companies. GMR has an awesome culture, but a beer with the boss in the morning doesn't make it my best place to work in Wisconsin.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Lack of engaged senior leadership
Lead Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2017
Management is very young but extremely responsible. By far best management I've had very Organized, understanding and helpful. Schedule is always out on time as well as pay.
Pros
good salary
Cons
Not a full time job
Work Hard Play Hard
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIOctober 28, 2017
It was a fun place to work, and overall good employees. Management seemed to be changing all of the time, and the employees seemed like a revolving door at times. Lots of time to play, especially with the barcade, but not too many things to involve your family with.
Pros
Barcade
Cons
Low Pay, Changing Management
Very fun
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 10, 2017
Meeting many new faces, marketing products. Very fun enviroment and the pay is great. Ideal for students and young adults wanting to earn good money while having a good time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GMR Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight