GMR Marketing Employee Reviews

Very high level of professionalism, Flexible work hours
Sales Specialist & Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WINovember 3, 2018
Company is very reliable and possess some of the best associates in the industry. You are guaranteed a work schedule that is flexible ( can pick up / drop hours at your descretion).
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Have to travel to different locations at the end of a promotion
Full of life and new experiences
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 17, 2018
I was welcomed and made apart of the culture from the start. Hands down the most exciting, cutting edge high preforming fun place I've ever worked. Never a dull moment, but never a moment everyone wasn't challenged to create and be your best.
Loved working here
Field Mgr (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIOctober 10, 2018
This was the best job, I enjoyed working the promotions and meeting new people. I started out as a Brand Ambassador and was offered an opportunity to work as a Field Manager once I proved that I could handle the responsibilities I continued on as a Sr Field Manager. Sadly I think they have an age limit for promotions and never call me anymore. Although I don't look my age, guess over 40 is cutoff. Well either way I enjoyed my years here and recommend them to anyone interested in promotional marketing.
Pros
Fun advancement opportunity meeting new people
Great place to work!
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  new mexicoSeptember 3, 2018
Great pay, working around the state was fun and enjoying meeting people from everywhere marketing and giving things away. Would recommend working her!
Nightlife Bar, high paced
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 7, 2018
I would manage a group of specialists who would work around the Boston bar scene on optimal nights promoting for our client Phillip Morris. A average night night would be stopping in at contracted accounts to collect consumer data.
Pros
Only in the field three to four nights a week
Cons
Always worked weekend nights
Good position and experience
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2018
The field manager position I held with GMR was good work experience. I worked with a great client, Comcast which I learned a lot about that company and all of its competitors . The hardest part of the job was working holiday that you would normally have off with a desk job but that how field marketing is.
Work Hard Play Hard
Senior Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJune 6, 2018
This place is good to work if you want to work hard but also if you enjoy playing hard. Very nice benefits including company sponsored parties and events that most people participate in.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Lack of breaks
Boys Club
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  VariedMay 29, 2018
In my experience, on the specific Program on which I worked, those who are hired for higher positions are done so largely due to being part of an exclusive "Boys Club". It's specifically galling when I see professionals with decades of experience on the Program passed over for promotions in favor of those who have never spent a day working on our Program simply because of who they knew. We lost many excellent managers due to this particular issue.

GMR is a great place to gain experience for better positions elsewhere. Don't plan on spending your life here. You'll just be disappointed.
Pros
Work remotely, flexible schedule
Cons
Difficulty advancing, unrealistic goals
A good foundation in the promo world
Tour Manager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMay 28, 2018
Working with GMR Marketing was a good experience, especially with the the position of Tour Manager. I had to lead a 4 person team to promote for various companies. I had to set up, make sure materials we had were enough for the program, talk to venue manager to orchestrate a plan into action and also at the same time to be a brand ambassador to promote. The hard part was writing reports after the event and how they wanted it an hour after the show. But with difficulties, I did like the structure and "organization" that GMR tried to provide.
Pros
Great company to start with
Cons
Not much opportunity to grow on
Great company to work for
Sr. Field Marketing Manager/Field Manager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIMay 11, 2018
I have been with GMR Marketing since 2005 and have been promoted along the way. Since moving from a different city the work is minimal. But once in awhile I will work an event. The promotions and events are always enjoyable and coordinated great.
Pros
Diversity, Salary, Environment, Fellow Employees nice
Cons
Not enough events or promotions locally
fun place to work
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 18, 2018
I love working for GMR marketing. The pay was great, the managers were nice, they worked with my schedule. pay checks were always paid on the day they said.
Great
Bilingual Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2018
Honestly enjoy working for GMR than other brand ambassador companies and they offer great pay and a flexible schedule and pay you for your time with being a lead.
n/a
Sales Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 11, 2018
Check out the website when you get the chance. This is a brand Ambassador job that is for "temporary employment". Also they have contract with different companies for different programs , so it's all about striking gold with the right program.
Hands down...the best company to work for
Events Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
GMR is an amazing company to work for! I've worked as a consistent temp (over 7 years) on various events and they treat their employees just like they treat their clients! Very professional and make each event an experience to remember! Coming to work is fun, organized with daily challenges to keep you on your toes.The team work and the staff is what makes completing each task a lot easier! Even on the most difficult, challenging and hectic days the attitude and smiles of the GMR management team is what keeps you going. If you are blessed enough to get hired be prepared for a fun journey and be ready to grow and expand your mind. Everyone here is passionate about what they do which makes working as a GMR employee, just the same as it is when working with their clients...:An Amazing Experience!
Pros
Too many to name
Cons
Not enough events in NYC
Great place to learn
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2018
I'm currently a Brand Ambassador and I love it. I'm learning a lot from my manager and other co workers, and the people love us. It's a very fun enviorment and if you take the job seriously there is plenty of oppurtunity for growth.
Pros
Flexible scheduale, great pay, fun enviorment
fun place to work
BRAND AMBASSADOR TEAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 26, 2018
Fun, active and quick pace place to work with a fair salary. low advancement opportunities. Great job culture. Excellent to compliment a full-time job.
Fun job experience
Event Promotions Manager (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WI 53151February 26, 2018
Had a amazing time working with GMR. Met celebrities, created my own schedule and was never questionable about receiving pay for service rendered. Awesome company.
Pros
Freedom
Productive fun environment
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 21, 2018
My manager was great. He was flexible with your hours and great when under stressful situations. My job was to educate people on how much they would save switching to Metro-PCS. I would introduce them to our latest phones, gadgets, plans, and accessories. The most enjoyable part working for GMR was I got to attend Riverbend, Monster Jam, and advertise on radio stations. There was nothing too complex about working with GMR. If I had to pick one thing it would be taking online courses about Metro-PCS latest items. Being a part of a marketing agency was new, challenging, and fun.
Pros
Free merchandise, Flexable hours
Cons
No healthcare
Remote position with little to no concern for field employees well being
Sr. Market Manager/Client Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2018
A position with a catch 22: every silver lining when it comes to the work from home/remote factor but little else in terms of career advancement opportunity, healthy work-life balance and genuine care from corporate management. There is great opportunity for GMR Marketing to enhance these characteristics, but the company as a whole seems far more focused on the bottom dollar line than investing in it's overall employee health and well-being. Hard to work for a company that you feel has little care in it's hard working and dedicated employees.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Non competitive salary, lack of corporate support, disconnected reality between remote and corporate employees, lower than average benefits
Fun events
Event Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Outdoors workplace, promote products at events like monster jam and concerts. Management is great and very helpful. Work when you want. Do events at stores, concerts, and special events etc.
Pros
Fun work = Easy work
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GMR Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight