GMR Marketing

GMR Marketing Employee Reviews

GMR Marketing insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility

This is the best job in the world because the opportunities are endless!!! #winning

Come on fellow rockstars, let’sChange the world ❤️It’s all about perception and making things better. The leadership from start to this far, has been nothing but amazing. Integrity, passion, empathy, drive... you need these to be successful here!

Pros

All of it

Cons

Not if you don’t care

Great and fun place to work. They do under pay and take advantage of you

GMR has a great cultural but they put too much value on it. Don’t get me wrong, it was fun to work there but the fun didn’t pay the bills. Their bonus (Real Time Rewards) is a joke. You work hard and get a $25 gift card. Really?!?!

Pros

Great work culture

Cons

Under pay and over worked. Bonus system is a joke

Best job I've ever had

All of my coworkers, including the managers, are exceptional; definitely some of the best people I've ever met, where we've all had the fortune of becoming friends. There are some travel opportunities, which are completely paid for by the company, and can sometimes be a couple weeks long. The pay is awesome for an entry-level position, definitely higher than anything else around. Overall, 9/10

Pros

High pay, paid training, travel opportunities, mileage reimbursement, amazing managers and coworkers

Cons

Poor insurance benefits, finance lady who handles reimbursements takes too long

Incredible company.

GMR is the world's largest experiential marketing company in the world, and rightfully so. They have the best interests of both their clients and employees, creating a truly synergistic operation where all involved are truly able to give their best. GMR allows individuals to express their creativity and personality, while in the pursuit of excellence. With GMR I've gained a huge amount of confidence when it comes to meeting, communicating and networking with individuals.

Pros

paid travel, great pay, positive and flexible team and management

Cons

Fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.

A lot of thought and planning was put into the elaborate catering and materials discussed during training, employee meetings & events.Can be a very clickie atmosphere, favorites by management are definitely obvious. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow.

Pros

Good pay for the position, get to meet a lot of cool people.

Cons

A lot of brown-nosing goes on to get in with management.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

A staple of complete deceit, unprofessionalism and everything wrong with the industry

Don't touch this with a ten foot pole. These people are out to scam you into thinking you have a job after you jump through their multiple hoops (including video conferencing to see what you look like) and judge you based on popularity rather than actual track record and qualifications. When you ask for transparency, you'll get the usual corporate liesthat you've heard from other recruiters looking to waste your time. Please avoid they are the WORST and EVERYTHING WRONG WITH THE SPIRITS INDUSTRY.Management is lost on what is going on and the workplace culture is trash because leadership comes from the top. Unreal expectations.

Pros

Cons

Lack of transparency, bureaucracy, nepotism

Great company to work for!

This is my second job with GMR, and I absolutely love working for this company! The compensation is good, work to life balance is excellent. The flexibility, and compensation were big winners for me.Managers, and upper management communicate, and work well with their associates making it a fun and exciting atmosphere. I’d definitely recommend choosing a career with GMR!

Pros

Flexibility, compensation, benefits

So much opportunity

Love my GMR team. I have been working in the charlotte area with them and generally we have a good workplace culture and the management is there and is helpful. Excellent Training is provided and there are truly so many ways in which I’ve grown since working here. The company culture is very inclusive and they honestly do give you the tools you need to be great. I must say it has been my favorite job so far.

good place to work

good place to work. duties and responsibilities are clear and easy to understand. Management was great and easy to approach. they asked for input which made employees voices heard.

Ok to work for.

Ok to work for. Lower pay but good employees and bosses. Clean place to work. No benefits at first if they decide to keep you on then benefits. …..….......................................................................

Great co-workers and internal events; Advancement is diffic

What makes GMR great is its people and its culture. What makes it challenging is the low pay, lack of work life balance (dependent on manager) and the constant dumping of work onto already stretched thin employees. Raises are inconsistent and infrequent and bonuses are virtually non-existent if you’re not in client services. Agency rolls over for clients so a lot of work is done that goes absolutely no where. Creative and client serves rule the roost and support teams are overlooked.

Pros

Fun, various events, employee committees offer a lot of opportunities to do fun work outside of your day job

Cons

Pay is very low for the amount of work and responsibility the job entails, be prepared to be working after hours frequently.

Fun and Exciting workplace

I appreciate that Age is not a factor when being hired by GMR. I can’t say that about to many companies. BA, SBA, TM. ATM it doesn’t matter the roll I am in, the company and employees put a smile on my face and I have a blast. I love working for GMR and appreciate everyone. The downside I have found is lack of communication between programs. I would rate this as a 1 or 2 star. Overall a 5 star. Can’t wait to get back to work.

Job is ok but confusing at times

not the best management and a lot of sudden changes. The job description is different than what you will be actually doing, and a lot of micromanaging.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

to much to put down

The travel is my favorite part of this job

This job requires travel with a nomadic attitude. Your never in one place for long it’s in and out. I love to travel so it was the perfect job for me at the time.

Pros

Great travel

Cons

Away from home.

The people and culture

It’s a pretty demanding role, you sometimes don’t feel supported just expected to bring results. The culture and the people you work with are amazing

Pros

People, fun culture, great clients

Cons

Low pay, old boys club in management

Been okay, low team moral.

I’ve worked for GMR for about a year on one of their projects. Hours were great at first even though we were hired as part time, we were needed for full time because of low staff at the beginning. Hours don’t really go up and unless you’re on a salary contract with them, advancement is low due to openings. Management was really great sometimes just depending who you needed to talk to depending on your questions. No really acknowledgeable bonuses or incentives for achievements so low team moral. Seems the more you work, the less you gain. Good company if you’re on a contract

Pros

High pay, low stress

Cons

Short hours, no bonuses or incentives

Enjoyed working there, No regrets

Great company to work for if you are a recent graduate looking for experience and adventure, Big name clients/programs with opportunity to move around

Pros

Quality mid-level managers, Good people, Flexibility of work hours, Closure between Christmas and New Years is a benefit

Cons

HQ in New Berlin, Wi, Diversity lacking (but trying), Costly creative department drives whole agency, Loses business frequently being too costly (despite exceptional work that is done)

Fun work if you like talking to people

Fun work good pay. A lot of paper work. Coworkers cool. Mostly college students and young adults making extra cash working part time. Fun talking to people and not expected to sale anything. Just inform people about the product. Minimum stress compared to other brand ambassador gigs.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Seasonal work

Freelance work most of the time, so it is usually fun working independently.

Great place to work, not heavy supervision. Once you give quality service to customers, you will accomplish the best returns from the company.What stands out at GMR, is that they believe in dedicated workers, so if you are not in to work and complete your assignment, you may have a hard time getting another assignment. Most of their assignments are temporary. The bad thing is you can never get a permanent job there if you are not in the state that they operate from.

Pros

Sales and marketing

Cons

No benefits

Fun work enviroment,

very fun enviroment and they are willing to teach you new things. I worked there for 2 months and they taught me how to run a cnc machine and weld.i would recommend this company.

Great company overall, specific issues within each department, just depends on which one you are apart of.

GMR prides itself on being an inclusive, culture competent company. I enjoyed all of the perks such as large kitchens, free coffee, popcorn, and in house snack bar (not free). Unfortunately there is little room for growth within the staffing department as well as comparatively low pay.

Pros

Energetic and culture conscious company.

Cons

Pay for entry level positions is sub par compared to similar jobs in the industry, Not much room for career advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GMR Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GMR Marketing.
Powered byComparably