Gms Employee Reviews

Muy buena
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2019
Trabajar para esa compañia es muy bueno para personas q estan buscando empleos por debajo de la mesa y sin ningun tipo de beneficios
Productive but chaotic
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  CommercialOctober 3, 2019
It was an okay experience , the training was very thorough for small little tasks. At the job , there was no permanent seats, first come first serve. Very understanding job honestly. Schedule change was not possible.
Pros
Free lunch fridays
Cons
Short breaks, no bathroom breaks, no seat belonged to you
very stressful
contractor (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, AL 35022September 24, 2019
everyday you came to work you did not to know what to expect did not know what your job was for that day due to it constantly changing the cowokers were good but management was less caring and understanding
Ok
Ahent (Current Employee) –  Ft Lauderdale, FLAugust 10, 2019
The restroom situation stinks you only have 15mins of break of which you are expected to use the bathroom at that time but there are only 2 toilets and 60 people trying to go at the same time so you spend your break standing in the bathroom line.
Pros
You can request time off if needed, they play games during your shift which makes it exciting
Cons
More toilets, no only being able to us bathroom on your break, the supervisor s get to go when they want to and don’t use their break time.
Good Company for beginning a career
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MDJuly 26, 2019
So many different options and job positions available to many different professions. Treatment to employees is respectable and professional. Great place as a security guard you get a relaxed and personal work day most days.
I was let go
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALApril 4, 2019
I was never given a reason as to why . New company came in and I was the newest employee. And the only female driver they had . This was a complete shock as I wasn’t prepared to lose this job . I came off the road for this .
Pros
Nice pay and holidays and vacation
Cons
Poor communication and total lack of respect for drivers
Hard work and Productive
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMarch 17, 2019
When I first started working at GMS we had all sort of great benefits. Healthcare, vision, dental, paid vacation and also paid holidays. Ever since the company went public we ended up losing somethings. My healthcare went up, we lost vision, we had 2weeks paid vacation but now it went into a PTO system. We lost vacation hours and sick pay was rolled into this PTO system as well so we lost more paid time. We also use to get 9 paid holidays but the reduced it to 7. Also use to get bonuses but we lost those as well. IMO the company is okay to work for but it is a very high stress place.
Ok job just not many hours
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Triadelphia, WVNovember 15, 2018
Ok job just don’t get many hours and being a contractor you never know if you have a job the next day and they don’t offer any pention until a year and the scheduling always changes.
Pros
Only 8 hours
Cons
Lazy workers
Gmi
Janitor and Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Universidad de San DiegoOctober 2, 2018
Muy buena compañía tiene lugares muy lejos de trabajo con mucha distancia de ti
Pros
Dias festivos fines de semana libres
Cons
La distancia que cuando empiezas te mandan a distancias largas
Productive and safe work environment.
Coal Miner (Current Employee) –  Claysville, PAAugust 8, 2018
Great place to work. Management works with you with days off and benefits. Great communication skills with employees. Safe work environment for everyone.
Benefits
Good support by management
Home Provider (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEJuly 26, 2018
Management cared for employees and patients. They returned phone calls, provided assistance, etc. They always had my back, unlike previous agencies.
Pros
Provided assistance when needed.
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Good people in office and techs in the state, communicate thru phones and emails.
technician (Current Employee) –  Troy, ILJuly 8, 2018
This has been an excellent job for a person who likes working alone, from home on call. The hours very greatly, if you have freedom to drop and run your good.

You put your own availability in, much freedom.
Pros
solitairy work
Cons
no insurance and no set schedule.
No tienen buen salario
Janitor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJuly 7, 2018
Es muy poco el sueldo para la cantidad de trabajo no proporcionan material necesario para q la gente haga su trabajo y solo son par time
Pros
Buen personal
Cons
No pagan lo básico
Easy going, laid back
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJune 27, 2018
Working for housekeeping at the Richlandmall was easy. The jobs laid back, and u have plenty of time to do everything! If i could go back I would. In a heart beat
Nice place to work straight forward work
Call center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 7, 2018
GMS is a good place to work as an entry level position, very easy super clear cut. The managers are not that bad they do care and want to help you succeed. They have bonuses that can help they are not over the top but they are good. Overall it was an easy place to work however if you do want a challenge and like to think at work then I would say pass.
Pros
easy, cool people
Cons
short breaks
poorly managed and uncaring workplace
Experienced Miner (Current Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAMay 13, 2018
the company has a problem with retaining its workforce because it doesn't wish to pay for the skilled labor. Due to this the remaining work force is punished with long work weeks while being understaffed.
Great place. Growing in the right direction.
Lead Pressman (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 19, 2018
Have had a wonderful time working with GMS. The company has grown and my schedule changed. I would let any friend or family know this is a great place to work.
Pros
People
Cons
Poor excuse of a company
Medicade Claims Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 10, 2018
The environment is so very negative in all aspects. The total lack of respect is incredible.
The job has zero benefits, from low salary to never ever a raise. no health insurance of any kind, no paid vacations,
Pros
Free Dunkin Donuts and cafe every Wednesday, plenty of candy and junk food given while you working at desk.
Cons
If your very first job, at least some experience.
ok
Customer Service/Dispatcher/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 24, 2018
This wasn't a bad starter company to get your foot in the door and gain exp. Employees were good although there was a very high turn over rate, shift work.
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 4, 2018
work was really strict but pretty cool, there wasn't really to much time for breaks besides lunch, but we worked hard to get the medical records, over to the right people at the right time.
Pros
the money was good
Cons
not to many breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gms. Our community is ready to answer.