GNC Employee Reviews

Found 2,771 reviews matching the search See all 3,125 reviews
Bad structure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 22, 2019
Corporate pushes selling membership programs and delivery services before even approaching the sale of actual product. Sales goals/numbers aren't specific from store to store but are expected to be the same nationwide. You are punished if your store does not meet these expectations, even if you're a store that averages 10 customers a day, half of which just come in for a quick snack or drink.
experience work with others
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2019
Very excellent experience i learned a lot in such little time.
The staff where very humble and eager to learn new things on a daily basis. My store was one of the top ranking in the tristate.
Pros
Clients and Staff
Cons
Not enough hours to support my family
job summary
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2019
didn't enjoy my time there. hoped for a career advancement and including change of management. change never came and was the most stressful job in the world.
Pros
commission
Cons
no work life balance
Relaxed and easy going work eviroment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  South Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2019
A typical day at work is usually waiting for customers to come in. Majority of the customers already know what they are looking for but occasionally you encounter a few people who are new to fitness and supplements. But i do enjoy helping people find the right products to better there life and to reach their goals.
Pros
help people, learn about supplements and health
Cons
very slow days and can be boring at time
Mixed
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 20, 2019
Flexible hours, push you to sell products even if sometimes someone doesn't need it. Prices on amazon or Walmart are better than the employee discount.
Hinders growth from within
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 18, 2019
I've seen good managers who care strongly about their jobs and succeed in sales unfortunately hit a ceiling because upper management hires from outside and doesn't allow the managers who work so hard succeed in the company.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
Terrible growth from within
workplace culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 18, 2019
The company is really an awesome place to work except it is very poorly managed from the top down. Major culture changes need to happen in order for this company to survive.
Pros
freedom to move around
Cons
poorly managed
Closely monitored workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHFebruary 14, 2019
A typical work day included performing the necessary daily tasks such as cleaning, organizing, and interacting with customers. The company prides itself on their products and strongly encourage associates to sell GNC brand as well as vitamins. My biggest issue was many of my customers weren't interested in vitamins or ready-to-drink beverages so my numbers were poor in this category. My overall sales were great for my location, as I even had an increase from the previous year. Despite these sales, the regional manager was not pleased with my efforts and constantly had me calling other stores to ask how they were having success with selling multivitamins.
It comes down to having to sell a desired number of a certain product rather than making the customer happy.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
micromanaged
Awful company that doesn't care about their employees.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2019
GNC has no respect for their employees and treats them horribly. Often they coerce part-time associates into completing manager work without fair compensation. Stores are abandoned and left without management or oversight for months. Only when the sales take a hard dive does upper management even look twice at a store.

I worked at the company for 2.5 years. Not once was I given an opportunity for a review or a raise. Upper management would hire their friends and start them at salaries double what tenured managers were making. No loyalty to their employees whatsoever.
Pros
Can't think of one.
Cons
Just about everything.
Gnc
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 11, 2019
This company was easy to work for but the pay was not good. The hours as a manager were guaranteed 40 hours but had to commit to working 3 night shifts.
Gnc
ASSISTANT MANGER (Former Employee) –  New York StateFebruary 10, 2019
Great job for people in healthcare/medical/personal training. You learn a lot of medical terminology. Salary is low, but room to grow. depending on location pace can be very slow.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Pace and Pay
Great Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHFebruary 7, 2019
GNC is a great job for a young person who is interested in sales. I worked for GNC for 6 years and have nothing bad to say about the company. Very flexible hours for College students.
Pros
Employee benefits, sales experience
Cons
N/a
Enjoyable workplace but little room but no benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVFebruary 5, 2019
I enjoyed working at GNC, and was great at my job. The problem was that the company offered a low pay and no benefits. I would have considered staying with the company if the pay and benefits had improved.
Pros
Workplace Environment
Benefits
AWFul place to work!
Customer Service Nutrition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 4, 2019
Poor management especially if you work franchise
Too much work for the title at hand.

If you work corporate they will force you to work even if they promised you a fixed schedule. Then when you can't come in they fire you. If you get a promised schedule, do yourself a favor and get it in writing.
Pros
discounts are the only perk
Cons
slow and boring
My opinion is neutral
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Don't work here unless you're trying to dedicate your life to this company. My main problem was working 12 hours a day while trying to attend college.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Lack of Managment
Standard Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sand City, CAFebruary 3, 2019
Working at Gnc gave me valuable skills such as customer service, being able to communicate products, and the art of sales. An integral part of my career.
Fun work place
GNC Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2019
Employee Discoun
“It's good when it's 30% but they changed back and forth to 20% and that makes little difference on our items.”

Job Training Job Training
“utilizes technology to best inform the workers”

Reduced or Flexible Hours Reduced or Flexible Hours
“The one good quality is at my store I have a flexible schedule to an extent, I can't work more than a certain number of hours so.
Stressful
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 1, 2019
Poor management, not willing to accommodate certain needs. Busy all the time, little to no breaks, one person working at all times so you never have a minute to yourself.
Pros
Cons
Poor managemnet
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAFebruary 1, 2019
Job included opening and closing and helping customers find what they needed. I learned a lot about health while working here. Management was iffy and favoritism was displayed, but I liked the flexible schedule. The hardest part of the job was really the workplace drama and lack of action taken by management. Enjoyed everything else.
Pros
discount, laid back
Fun environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 1, 2019
Some customers will come in and ask questions about the products which is my favorite part of the job as well as how some customers come in with a smile and make my day better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GNC. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GNC.

Powered by Comparably