GNC Employee Reviews

Could be a bit better
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 17, 2018
Would like a job with set hours I will work with me and my schedule my availability. I would like to pursue more accomplishments with my degree. Looking to move forward.
great place for temporary stay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CAAugust 17, 2018
Great place, loved my coworkers and manager, upper management was really pushy on sales and not realistic. discounts were great, learned a lot, but not a whole lot of room to advance.
Flexible Schedule
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PAAugust 17, 2018
I liked working with the customers and having a flexible schedule. Management was not so good, they hired young college students to be managers and they really didn't know what they were doing.
Pros
Great customers, flexible hours
Cons
No breaks, usually worked alone had to close the store to use the restrooms.
Micromanagement will ruin job satisfaction.
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 17, 2018
I loved everything about the job besides the micromanagement. The way management viewed sales was horrendous. If someone wanted a $3 protein bar, it would kill our average sale numbers and it would become an issue. I shouldn't be upset when someone walks in to make a purchase because its low value. Revenue is Revenue.
Company Review
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 16, 2018
Lack of communication between upper management and staff. No advancement opportunities. Reviews are not done annually as promised. Moral was very low, lacked incentives.
Great Workout Area
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 16, 2018
GNC was a great job only thing is that the pay was not the best. I wished they had room for full-time opportunities and allowed higher pay. Job was very flexible.
Productive, fun and competitive
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 15, 2018
It is an overall good place to work if you are going to school and not wanting that much hours. You learn how to work with others and improve your communication skills with the costumers. It is a very competive environment and are really strict with meeting store goals and overall goals.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks, too competitive
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEAugust 15, 2018
Good workplace with friendly co workers. Helped teach me how to meet sales quotas and the pressure of meeting them. The hardest part of the job is if nobody comes in to buy anything it is difficult to meet your quota. The best part of the job is the commission from meeting your quota and the challenge of doing so. Also it is nice to chat with customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
No Breaks, stressful
okay to work for if you like cutthroat sales
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 15, 2018
GNC has gone to cutthroat sales, at least in this area. If you don't make the minimum avg dollar for your store, you're hours are cut till you quit and it goes by weekly. If you don't sell any commissioned items and not every item is commissioned, you get minimum wage. Parttimers don't get benefits unless they were previous managers and only managers are fulltime, If you are awesome at sales, this is for you.
Pros
commission is great
Cons
no breaks
productive and fun work place environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
GNC is productive and a fun work place to work in the environment. customers a re respectful and nice some may even leave a tip for you. i recommend this place for anyone looking for work
Job experience
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, ohioAugust 13, 2018
The overall job experience working for GNC was fun, learned a lot about what to eat to help the body. Working with GNC and the management was great because they understood my school schedule and worked with me on that.
Great work culture and environment
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILAugust 12, 2018
A very fun job with great people. It helped my sales career begin years ago. Although this was a great job, it did not offer great pay and there was not much room for advancement. This was a job post high school, while I was in College.
Very busy location well stock store.
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NJAugust 12, 2018
Very high paced store in busy location. I learned product knowledge and company standards. The store manger and owner was very knowledgeable and fair. I was able to make many decisions and requests in my time working. The hardest part of working with this company was not being able to help the customers by not having product. the most enjoyable part of working for this company was be able make lasting relationships with the customers.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Not much opportunity to grow with the company.
store associate
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 11, 2018
good place to work at during college or high school. Management was top notch and organized and peers were great to work with. I was happy with this company and would work again if given the chance.
relaed inviorment most of the time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 10, 2018
It was an okay place to work at over all. Some of the management are very good an kind/helpful people. It may take awhile to work your way up in the company.
Mission Has Been Lost
Sales and Nutritional/Supplement Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2018
GNC's overall goal and mission as a company was to help every customer reach their healthy lifestyle goals through supplementation. I believe that mission has been lost and overtaken by getting as many people as possible to sign up for paid membership and each customer leave with as many items as possible, GNC specific items.
Standard dead-end retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 9, 2018
Great job if you are a student and need part-time employment. Beyond that, minimal opportunities for raises, promotions, or full-time hours. Strong push from corporate to sell certain products or services, regardless of quality compared to other products.
did not like it
Part-time sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
job is very demanding and manager barely taught me anything, since many GNC's are just desperate for workers. My experience may be different for someone else, but I did not enjoy working at GNC
Worst work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 8, 2018
The manager that I had for this job was the worst experience I have ever had. He would constantly call employees while they were with customers and berate them for minor mistakes made weeks ago.
Great Job for sales in sports nutrition
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2018
Gnc is a great place to work if you are into the sports nutrition industry. it pays very well and better than other jobs and is very competitive in sales.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GNC. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

57out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GNC.