GNC
60Below average
Here to help: Coronavirus update

GNC Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA25 reviews
quite work place
Managed inventory receiving, assisted customers with vitamins as being a consultant. Responsibility of closing the door everynight and being there every morning on time.
Pros
quite work place
Cons
no co-workers
Few customers and long hours
As a manager, we were often understaffed and 12 hour days were typical due to scheduling conflicts. Most of the time there would only be a few customers throughout the day. Generally you would go 4 hours after opening before the first customer came in. As a store manager this gave me plenty of time to get operational tasks done. As a sales associate, you often times have nothing to do other than clean and restock shelves.
Fun fast paced environment.
Had a great time in this position and learned the importance of sales and being able to communicate with consumer. Very well organized position which leaves one very satisfied after a hard days work.
I learned how to use cash register and as to learn inventory
I am happy that iWork there.because I learn how to use the cash register and also to do in the store like inventory and t also entertain the customer.and also to clean the store
Great job
Personally, it was one of my favorite jobs. I learned a lot about the products, and also learned a lot about people’s needs. The only negative part of it was that the hours were not enough.
Pros
Learn a lot about the products
Cons
Only management gets good pay
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Motion Sickness
The hardest part of the job is the continual change of operations from the corporate headquarters. A typical work day is several hours of cleaning the store while hoping a customer arrives. What I learned from this job is to care about the customer not worry about the corporate push to sale everything to everyone. When be selective and helpful the customer would reward the store with repeat business. The most enjoyable part of the job is the community of wonderful customers that support the store.
Pros
The interaction with the community.
Cons
Not enough transactions to support a commision base pay.
Very Organized
From fitness products to general health products like herbs and vitamins, GNC has their products sectioned off by categories making it easy to find what you need
Pros
clean, Up to date products
Great Experience
I love working at GNC Corporation. Its a great work environment and there's so much to learn about everyday products. I'm glad I was given a chance. Its great selling products and customers come back like family.

Strong personal and communications are a must in this position along with a strong knowledge of the products being sold at GNC nationwide.
Bad experience
It was always a slow day and we barley make any money. I learned literally nothing because there was no training due to the fact that they desperately needed employees. And no one wanted to work for the company because of the salary and hours. The manager was super lazy. poor communication between employees.hardest part was trying to make sales with no product knowledge and having to rely on common sense by simply reading the box. most enjoyable thing was smelling the scented mist machine and meeting new people. there were also product missing, and store cleanliness was poor.
Pros
Getting promoted when they are desperate
Cons
Getting promoted with the same pay and more responsibility.
Cares only to sale what they need to sale.
The company has a very poor culture. The employees are push to sale certain products only. Turnover is very high. Lack of incentives for employees and management.
Relaxed environment
Decent job, marginal pay, great manager. I would encourage anyone looking to get into entry level sales to take a look at applying for this company to learn the fundamentals of sales.
Sales and always sales
Company is good, nice benefits, however if your future is only sales and retail oriented, I would recommend working here. If your looking to advance in a corporate culture, you are definitely in the wrong place. People are nice, pay is not that great.
Passionate
• Provide customers with superior customer service while training others to maintain an equivalent level of execution
• Operate home store in accordance with all operational duties, also traveling to satellite stores to train and duplicate operational standards.

• Provide sales and product training with team members as well as partner with third party vendors for sales training support and product knowledge.

• Set up and execute outreach events at gyms and other locations, in addition to having live weekend third party sampling events at high volume store locations.

• Protect store profits by analyzing employee markdowns, employee purchases, and closing shop reports.

• Analyze profit and loss statements with all store managers, provide feedback on how to cut losses and get dollars back. Areas of distress would be known loss, shrink, line drive/ chargebacks, overtime, repairs, and supplies. Comparative to percent to goal and previous year.

• Analyze store data reports to enlighten areas of missed opportunity and tactics on how to get the revenues back.

• Consistently provide support on up to date merchandising, promotions and appropriately positioned merchandise.

• Intrinsically motivate staff with constructive criticism and performance based incentives.

• Overall exceed expectations in putting revenue in shareholders pockets while maintaining GNCs core visions and values.
Good entry level managment experience
Solid company, especially if you work for a good franchisee. Good management, learn the basics. Fun, relaxed, and can learn alot
Weird
Everyone is juiced on pre workouts and A Bombs. I did not like the sales culture because is was forced sales. I you did not force sales you would be terminated. I did not like it.
Good job for students and active/athletic people
GNC is a good company to work for overall. The pay is a little low however the work is relatively easy and stress free. The discounts on products and interacting with customers who have similar lifestyles are the job highlights,
Pros
Discounts and Samples
Cons
Weekends and limited hours/pay
Great job, learned a lot
Great co-workers and customers. Learned a lot about supplements and their efficacy by reading tons of high quality studies.
Easy going workplace
I got to learn a lot about nutritional supplements and i gained customer service experience. It also taught me how to work independently and with groups.
Pros
Flexibility with my school schedule
Good job if you into health, you can learn the importance of supplements
A typical day at work is mainly engaging with the customers and assisting them with their health goals, paper work, changing prices and shelving merchandise.

I have learned that you need to work as a team in order the get the job done in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the customer, meeting and getting to know them through time, many were repeated customers.
Pros
Sometimes slow days, able to catch up on the paperwork
Cons
Too much work for salary, unrealistic sales goals from management, constant threatening if you don't meet sales goals.
Ssm
Responsible for sales and operational leadership of 3 – 5 stores in an assigned area.
Enthusiastic staff, quality products.
Overall experience was positive. Good corporate culture, reasonable sales targets, excellent monetary rewards for meeting goals.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GNC. Our community is ready to answer.
1K
1.1K
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight