Go Configure

Go Configure Employee Reviews

United States55 reviews

hourcustomerschedulepaydaycompanypeoplejob

Beware

This company lacks direction. Each position does what the other position should be doing. Management is terrible. No clear directives given. During busy season you are expected to take over 20 calls an hour.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Pay, management, long hours

its a job

answer phones and deal with upset people that are mad because the appointment for service isn't scheduled and that's literally almost every call only you can't help them you don't schedule it's the technicians that schedule. Completely unorganized and can become extremely stressful

Pros

work from home

Go Configure insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Not a great company

Working with this company has been very stressful. Constant calls every 30 seconds . Every customer that calls in is complaining about the same exact thing . Not a great company to represent. The only good thing is the hour break but expected to take calls constantly back to back . 10 hours a day is a bit much with the call volume and expectations.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Constant calls every 30 seconds, management not the best

Not great

Well I mean you answer phones and deal with upset people that are mad because the appointment for service isn't scheduled and that's literally almost every call only you can't help them you don't schedule it's the technicians that schedule.If you get lucky you'll get a new order, but most of the time good luck, managers spend the day at home not answering calls or helping so good luck.

Pros

Work at home

Cons

Everything else

Hostile workplace

Upper management is bad. Hostile work environment. Some upper management lack the necessary skills, such people skills to be management. The working constraints are unrealistic. You have to put your life on the back burner to make sure your never late nor miss work.

Pros

Having a job

Cons

Having this job.

They lied to me

Well , I was hired to work with in 50 mile radius of my home. Only got 2 jobs out of 25 that were even close to with in 50 miles. I had some jobs that were 165 miles away , and would get paid 120 dollars for repair. Till you took out gas round trip it left you with 70 if you were lucky. Then you have to pay a helper out of that cause almost all jobs you do need helper. Then to top it off you are to take cardboard and trash form boxes with you , and you have to pay to have your trash man to take it. They had plenty of work but , for what you went through for peanuts as pay go . It is just not worth it.

Pros

Lots of work

Cons

Pay, work life, Respect

Cautious

The original owner lacked moral and integrity. Several of the original people were of the same characteristics. They lied, deceived customers, clients and subcontractors. Hostile work place from the top down.

Pros

Having a job

Cons

Working for them

Low pay long drive

Promised to make 75000 for the yr . Yeah right. Not driving with no mileage compensation. Drove 104 miles paid 2 dollars . Drove 5 hrs paid 72 Dollars . 180 miles no mileage. Beware promise jobs and money . Low pay

Pros

Cons

Liars

Its definitely a 2.5 star company in every example

It's a cheap cut-rate assembly company. You get what you pay for. The reason it is that way is because its ran by cheap, cut-rate, 2.5 star people. Apathy runs rampant because there is no objective way to succeed at your job other than to answer the phone, be in the correct status and never be tardy/miss work. The atmosphere absolutely permeates mediocrity and that's because from the director level up you have mediocre, 2.5 people running it. Just like the service they provide, you get what you pay for...

Do not apply

I was told I was gonna work 5 days a week and have plenty of work....which was a complete lie....every time I asked where were the jobs and hours I would get the run around....was lucky if I worked one or two days a week...this went on for SIX WEEKS...I went through my savings and had left a full time job to work for this company...I was promised 18 an hour which wasn't true...

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Go Configure?

The job entails putting stuff together like playsets and grills for customers

Basically the job entails putting together all types of furniture from playground sets to grills even setting up canopies for outdoors the work is paid per job and the company sets the price I would say sometimes certain jobs don't pay enough but in the long run you do make out

Really tried to make it work too

They lie about: Hours Vehicle compensation Pay Contracts Zero accountability from office nor management. Just save yourself the hassle and find something better.

Great company to work for

It was a great company to work for, my position was just no longer needed due to the W2 program being put on hold. Very fast passed and growing company.

As assembly firms go it is one of the better ones

I have worked with several different assembly firms over the years and go configure is one of the better organized ones. Good call center and repair department.

productive

have to be self motivated and know how to save money to pay taxes. need to take extra steps to confirm jobs with customers.make sure you complete jobs on job app to get paid.

Asembly tech

Not a bad company to work for in the assembly field. Decent pay as long as you are quick and dependable. This is not a job for someone who does not have a truck if you want to make top dollar. Also works best if you have a helper.

Good job if you want to travel around michigan

Poor pay and will run your car to the ground, drive at least 1 to 4 hours a day + sometimes more, traffic can be fun. If I got paid better then I would still do it but no benefits, no career advancements, no raise for good work. they make money off bad contractors and don't pay them for the work they did and then have another experienced contractor try to fix what they did wrong after they leave or get fired. Had a lot of fun lifting 300-pound ellipticals down some stairs. There are some benefits to the job, you get a free tanning membership( you are outside assembling products for a long period of time) and get tips from customers if you work well.

You control your own work days and hours

Working for go configure was awesome being an independent contractor working for the first time I scheduled my own hours and days to work , the work itself was difficult at times but most of the time very very easy the the office for go configure was super cool and helpful whatever and when ever I had a problem the call center would help me through it I had a fun experience working with go configure

Pros

Schedule own hours and days

Cons

Not enough steady work

Do not work here they are scammers!!

These guys hire you to do all the work and do not pay you out right they then act like it’s your fault they shortchange you on the money and when you call it out they act like it was a mishap not once but multiple weeks in a row please save yourself the trouble and don’t do work for these guys!

Its a over all bad company

My one and only job I took from go configure..thats all it took I was assigned a job where they were already upset the job was supposed to be done two days before I got the contract. First thing the wife said as soon as I got out of my truck was and i quote..this is unacceptable you were supposed to be here two days ago..and you need to get it done today.. Well the husband came home and said to shut down because i wasnt working fast enough.he was going to call some one else...... The next day they returned the gazebo..and the 4 burner BBQ To the store and got their money back because no one showed up the next day.. WAY TO GO...GO CONFIGURE

Pros

No pros

Cons

To many

Nice Place to Work

Overall Go Configure is a nice place to work. Like other organizations comminication can be a challenge. Management works hard to try and rectify communication issues after an issue is identified. Start and leave time are flexible.. The office environment is friendly and employees work together to accomplish goals.

Pros

Flexibility, Location, Management

Cons

Technology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Go Configure. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits