Go Mart logo

• Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

No breaks, lunch, and no sitting for 8+ hour shift

You are expected to be busy your entire shift, and can be written up if they catch you sitting. The only chair is the managers which is on camera. I remember hobbling to my car most mornings and my legs swelling to the point I couldn't get out when I got home. All of my coworkers had the same issue. After doing that 6-7 days a week for 8-12 hour shifts for a couple years, my feet have permanent nerve damage, and my knees have some issues. Since they allow you to eat while working state law allows them to offer no lunch. I loved my boss and shift manager, which is how I made it the years that I did. I did hard manual work for not sufficient pay and felt unappreciated by higher ups most of the time. It's okay for a first job but it's definitely not something you'd want to make a career of, it runs your body and you have no life from crazy schedules, call ins, and overtime.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

No breaks, no lunch, no sitting

Management and the higher ups could care less about their employees

Go mart would be a great place to work if the management got repercussions for their actions toward employees. Employees are forced to quit due to being bullied and belittled by upper management. You can complain by calling/texting but unlikely to even get a response. Always the employees who have to suffer working under such unprofessionalism.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Bad management

Fun educational and easy

I learned a lot about human beings and their behavior. My managers were all awesome all the way up to the vp who was in our store more than once. Great work experiences.

Pros

Flexible hrs

Cons

Its a convenience store that says it all

Amazing workplace

The one I worked at, the manager, really worked around your schedule. She was always available to help anytime needed. The coworkers are amazing as well. It's a very great company overall to work for. They work well around everything that was going on with me. Absolutely my best job ever but stuff happens. Would work for again

Pros

Friendly managers and team members, flexible, understanding

Too Much Drama

Too many employees fighting among themselves, it’s literally like high school all over again. No one shows up on time, some times the entire schedule calls in. They force their shift managers to cover it, every time someone is late or doesn’t show, which is pretty much all the time.

Pros

Not a single thing is decent about GoMart

Cons

Job seekers rely on your experience.

A family business that's frown too large for a family to manage.

To preface this review, I've worked for Go-Mart at a managerial level for nearly 7 years.In seven years I've watched a family attempt to and generally fail at running a business. The great store level managers terribly because all upper level management is family. Therefore blame for all the interfamily problems trickles down. The structure is loose to put it lightly. Anything above store level is highly unorganized and unprofessional. This creates a hostile work environment of blame passing stress.

Pros

None.

Cons

No breaks. Non flexible schedule. No room for advancement.

Clerk

The go mart I work at you DON'T get any breaks or lunch which is against federal law. You only get 9 dollars an hour then after 60 or 90 days you get a 20cent raise. Personally I ve been treated like the red headed step child. It sucks!! I hate it.

Worse place i have ever workex

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Go Mart is awfulPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Go Mart are a jokeJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Go Mart, I think sucksManagementIn general, managers at Go Mart are worthless

Productive and friendly work environment

My co workers was super fun and easy to get along with. The job tasks kept you busy and overall it was a good job. We got a new manager and he wouldn’t work with my schedule like he would tell me he would and I ended up having to give my two weeks and leave.

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Bad management

It’s okay

Working at GoMart is okay. You get your 40 hours a week. The only Holliday you get time & half for is Christmas. Your manager is different at every store.

Pros

Overtime

Very large turn over.

Manger talks about her employees to other employees. Gossip about customers and tell their business to employees. The manager is the instigator . Gets deals on buying things for her grandson. Doesn't help if store is in crisis. Tells shift managers to handle it. Doesn't want to be called at home.

Pros

Cons

No break's unless you smoked

Fun, fast pasted

After working there a while. Management went down hill along with the store itsself. Although in the beginning it was very fun and the co workers were awesome to work with

Favoritism

It's not a bad company to work for, its pretty easy on some parts. There is definitely alot of favoritism that goes on though unfortunately. Sometimes you get decent hours and others you are lucky if you get hardly any so it's not very reliable at times but you are always welcome to try and volunteer to get extra hours if they are available because of all the call offs

Pure con artists in coorporate management!

All employees were promised certain agreed upon positions and hours. After hours of training, no one was ever compensated for their new and higher positions nor did they get the hours that were promised. No one cared about the employees as a person and management would actually lie about incidents to make the employees look bad. No trust!!

Nice work environment

Was a really good work place but I want something that pays a little better and an outside job. Willing to learn more about cutting around power lines

Bueno

Un buen lugar para trabajar, pero los jefes son muy exigentes, más de lo debido

Pros

Buen sueldo

Cons

No hay seguridad en el puesto de trabajo

Great work ethic, do my job at hand, always on time.

Trying to succeed as much as possible so I can put my family and I an a place where struggling,worrying isn't a issue anymore for us and we can live comfortably within our means.

Productive and fun

Nice environment, work load isn't unbearable. One of my favorite jobs, time passed rather quickly every day I was there. A great starting job or part time.

Friendly atmosphere

I enjoyed my time at Go Mart. It’s a friendly place to work. You meet a lot of new people. The job performance is easy. Stocking isn’t hard. Team work is key

Easy place to work for

The only complaint I ever had was a lack of steady schedule but my manager on east state always made sure my schedule worked out as best as she could.

Great job

Working at go Mart was a great job for someone that can work anytime day or night. You can always get overtime. There is always opportunities for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Go Mart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Go Mart
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?