GoDaddy Employee Reviews

Featured review
GoDaddy selected this as a representative review
Sweet gig
Advanced Web Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2019
Working for Godaddy, back in the day, was great. Catered lunches, random bonuses, and full paid health care made Godaddy number one. I have no idea how things are run today, but years ago it was the best company I ever worked for.
It was ok at first, but after they went public everything changed.
SALES AND SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IADecember 10, 2018
I’ve worked at worse places, but not many. Like most businesses, it really depends on your manager. There were Supervisors that were good, but they were few and far between. Upper management is pure trash on the other hand. When they went public, they pretty much started cutting pay immediately. Shortly after people started getting fired for minuscule reasons. The environment became toxic and stressful. Goals kept going up and pay kept going down. The company, now, seems to be only worried about they’re bottom line.
Pros
Overall, great benefits
Cons
Unstable and toxic work environment
Work I did Just Not For Me
Main Street Hub - Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Great place just not for me. I was an Inside Sales Rep so basically making cold calls (ice cold) and I had zero experience in that particular sort of sales so there's your context, I did learn some useful things though. Management seems great, the trainers definitely helped out but I think they knew I wasn't going to last...towards the end I think they gave up on me but honestly that's neither here nor there. Overall it's great if you have experience in that sort of sales, they provide a lot of perks and benefits. Great coworkers, but if you're trying to do great there you're putting in some hours past normal hours to make sales, which is why I gave it 2 stars in that category.
Pros
free coffee within certain hours
It's not for everyone.
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 5, 2018
I started my career with them as a part-time student. Everyone in my training class has left. The whole culture there is diminishing. Transitioning from Part-Time to Full-Time was awful and I even wrote a letter to corporate about how terrible they treat the part-time employees. They keep taking more and more things away from us as agents and making our position mainly sales focused when it used to be all about the balance. Management never explains or tells the representatives what is really going on. If you want to be yelled and and demeaned by the customers because of something you can't handle, this is the job for you. The only thing I like about my job is there is no sort of dress code and my team is like a mini-family to me.
Pros
Cheap lunches, discounts on products/trips/stocks
Cons
Short lunches, rude customers, inconsistent management
Not what it once was...
Sales Coach & Reserve Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 21, 2018
Prior to going public April of 2015, GoDaddy was the best place to work. Great compensation along with an amazing culture. You had pride in telling people that you worked at GoDaddy.
Once public everything changed, consistent pay cuts, demand of higher sales targets, focus more on making the company money instead of taking care of the customer.
In the last year or less tenure employees have been fleeing from GoDaddy, going somewhere new because we see the company falling into a deep hole, GoDaddy has been outsourcing a lot of its work and taking jobs from hard working employees here in the states.
Is GoDaddy a decent job? Yes, But its not the career company that it once was.
Pros
Relaxed environment, Holiday Party, Affordable Benefits, Decent Wages
Cons
Consistent Pay Cuts, Raising Costs of Healthcare, Politics, Favoritism
Really Fun Place to Work
Trainer II (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 7, 2018
High paced stressful, very little work-life balance. Management changes constantly so you are trying to keep up and jump through ever-changing hoops. With constant changes everyone is working to develop what is needed, then the objectives change and we are off and running working on the next directive. The last one wasn't finished but we are on to a new one with the same intensity.

They are crazy fun but the stress gets to people.
Pros
Excellent Health benefits, salaried positions have unlimited vacation, fun place to work
Cons
stressful, have time off but are guilted into not taking it, very cut throat and back stabbing
inbound support
inbound support (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 9, 2018
the training for inbound support is kind of a frustrating. I heard more about the instructors video game habits and favorite movies than how to actually do my job. I was thrown on to calls after 3 weeks and was told to learn to de-escalate calls myself. We were never shown very much on how to even get around in peoples accounts and 1 manager on the floor for 20 new people the first day. They added 2 more but also added 20 more people in the training. It was a nightmare!
Their training program is less than desirable and I understand why customers call 3-5 times before they get an actual accurate answer. You arent allowed to send the calls to the correct department for help either until you have figured things out.... Its a nightmare.
Pros
tempe location food is great, benefits are great
Cons
lack of training, lack of care from management, metrics are unattainable unless you know how to manipulate it like most do
Great Benefits - Just a call center in the end though
Executive Accounts (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 29, 2018
I worked at GD for over 8 years and the culture use to be amazing. In the end, I left due to new investors and a forced cultural shift that left me realizing that my talents were no longer appreciated. I took a promotion at another company and I've been much happier since that decision.

GD makes you believe that you'll never earn as much or find another company as good as it but that's simply not true. If you're a quality account manager or sales executive, there's bigger and better things than GD will ever be.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Poor work/life balance and the pay is below average
Love This Job!!!
SSL / Hosted Exchange Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 25, 2018
What a great company. I was always encouraged to grow. Work life balance was outstanding. I loved working for someone who was #1 at what they do. Everyday I felt like I was being pushed to be better. when life happened, go daddy didn't hold it against me. They were encouraging and it was a Prime reason I seek better in my work life balance always. If I work for someone who isn't the best at what they do like Go Daddy... they don't prepare me like Go Daddy... I demand much more in my life now.

I'd go back in a heartbeat!!! I love Go Daddy.
Pros
Treatment of employees, compensation, benefits, work culture
Cons
none.
It's all a lie.
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 17, 2018
Godaddy has a rep of a very positive culture and great place to work. It's all a lie. The new ceo has laid out this 5 year plan geared toward the customer experience meanwhile nobody cares about the employee experience. Godaddy is also very clique-ish. As noted in other reviews, they're pushing very hard toward more sales, and at the same time they're finding ways to cut commissions besides the outright cut from 20% to 15% and renewals no longer counting toward your tier. So they offer customers a deep discount the first time they purchase something (which is the only way you can earn decent pay), then when it's time for that customer to renew that service, it doubles in price. If you still convince the customer to not cancel that service and they renew, you get pretty much no commission out of it. Long gone are "the good ole' days."
Pros
coffee machines
Cons
pay cuts, clique-ish, supervisors are zero help
Sales roles
Retention and Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 23, 2019
Over the past few years Godaddy has gone from a great place with great benefits and compensation, to mediocre. Still a great place for new people coming in, but for the vets here who know how it was it has changed drastically.

The push to sell new products, and extreme micro management and "quality control" making it a requirement to offer on every single call, has gotten out of hand and is too extreme.
Pros
If youre good at sales, the pay is better than most.
Cons
Corporate structure, hourly compensation.
I loved it at first
Outbound Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 30, 2018
It was great at first until GoDaddy sold off a large part of the company in 2016 and then the investors who bought it changed the entire commission structure which changed the entire culture. A lot of people left the company around that time and my direct manager was a backstabbing a-hole that tried to get me in trouble with HR when it blatantly wasn't me.
Pros
Great benefits and income potential
Cons
high stress, high pressure sales. Some managerial idiots but not all
Sales, sales, sales
ACCOUNT ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 6, 2018
They blind you with ping pong tables and go karts. The benefits are great. The compensation is not enough for what you deal with on the day to day. Supervisors only care about the team members that sell thousands of dollars. They push you to sell people things they don’t need. It’s impossible to move shifts or departments. They also don’t disclose that there is a shift slide with day light savings time. The shift you contract for, will change. And they don’t care what you’ve got going on, if you aren’t there an hour earlier than your contracted shift (for the shift slide) there will be documentation. Not to mention you only get 3 times to use the restroom in a 10 hour shift. One 30 min lunch and 2 fifteen min breaks. They make you feel disposable and don’t listen when you ask for help in trying to make it work.
Pros
Subsidized lunches, food trucks, and ping pong
Cons
Not enough breaks, poor management
A company of politics, good culture, poor managment.
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 9, 2018
Godaddy is a company of contradictions. On the one hand they supply you with GREAT benefit, good insurance, great pto. The bad part is that your management may be good or very money driven. twice I had managers try to get rid of me by using metric as a hammer. I was a solid performer and yet I was told I did not fit in the team culture. I was then fired after a performance improvement plan that kept changing and the requirements were constantly changing. there was no way to know what the manager was going to hit you with.
If you ever get on a Performance improvement plan, start looking for a new job.
Pros
gread benefits
Cons
poor leaders that want to get rid of the old employees.
Sales Driven and Greedy
Productivity Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 4, 2019
Been here 4 months shy of 2 years and they have made so many changes in that time it has become a totally different job. They continuously increase goals and therefore steadily decrease the bonus you receive for the same amount of work as the month prior. They ask for more and more but give the same or less. Everyone is replaceable and if you do not figure out how to hit goal you will be replaced. Many policies are not in writing, mostly attendance/vacation time policies, and managers seem to make them up as they go and alter the "policies" when it benefits the company. If you are a sales person, this is could be a good place for you. The benefits are there, but the job of sales and support is an oxymoron.
Pros
Insurance, 401k, Subsidized food truck lunches
Cons
sales and support is an oxymoron
Good Company
Productivity Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 28, 2018
GoDaddy is growing. With growth there is opportunity and there are growing pains. Overall, it's a good company to work for. Holiday Party is the talk of the town. Daily, it is a grind. The department I work in is specifically designed to take harder calls and to grow the businesses that call in. It's all about processes and consistency. You have to have the right behaviors. It is very much a mental job. The management work with you to help you get to where you can see success. However, with that said. The pay for me specifically was very inconsistent. That is the case for some people but not everyone. Benefits are good.
Pros
Always something new to learn. Supervisors are good and work hard to be there for you when needed.
Cons
Pay is decent, but hard to live on if you are a single family income.
forbes top 100 company to work for for a reason!
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 10, 2018
best personalities here, but be prepared to be open to working with gays or other races cause if this scares you then avoid. The culture at GoDaddy is its bread and butter with it comes to the work environment. You have to be able to embrace all walks of life and understand we all have our own personalities. Management rocked when I was there and compensation was off the hook. easily 100+k a year for someone with average sales skills. I left only cause they cut the bonus structure and were delaying my move into management but only due to my decision to work from home instead of from the office. If you are lucky enough to work for these guys I highly recommend it for the experience if nothing else!
Pros
great compensation, lots of paid time off, covered parking, subsidized lunches, friendly coworkers and management
Cons
repetitive patterns when actually working, its alot to know and to stay on top of, lack of sales training even though you are accountable for your sales metrics.
Quick paced environment with a focus on sales
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 16, 2018
It is a call center environment with a focus on sales no matter what position you are in. So you will handle calls to troubleshoot your sections focus, and get to know the customers business needs to see what other products they need. Management is generally very helpful at working with you on achieving or exceeding goals. You can get bonuses based on your performance. The workplace environment is generally fun and they have various competitions, and events that you aren't required to perform well in. The hardest part of the job is the sales aspect, unless you have a sales background. If you don't have a strong technical background then you might struggle with the technical aspect at first but once you learn it, it is generally reasonable work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment, food, events, and benefits.
Pros
Discounted lunch trucks. Food court with chefs during certain hours. Fun Events, and co-workers.
Cons
Sales can be difficult. 30 minute lunch break at first.
Great Amenities for Salaried Employees - not hourly
Small Business Consultant - Productivity (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 26, 2018
Fun place to work if you are salary, but as an hourly, did not have an opportunity to enjoy. Availability to be on the phones, ready to take a call is mandated at 96%, which is ridiculous and strictly enforced. This allows you a 30 min lunch with two 15 min breaks in a 10 hour workday, with any earned commissions and bonuses forfeited if you fall below 96% availability, along with disciplinary action in the form of a paper trail that will escort you right out the door on the 3rd occurrence, regardless of your performance. Coming from a management position of 15 years, this was not an ideal fit for me.
Pros
subsidized lunches, great benefits
Cons
short breaks, constantly changing performance goals
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 29, 2018
Great environment. A lot of company perks, good benefits. Benefits start on day one. Not a lot of job security if you do not make sales, which is understandable.
Great Company
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 8, 2018
Great company overall, depending on which team you work for, the management can be great or mediocre. Benefits are probably one of the best in the industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoDaddy. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss