Play YouTube video button
Updates from GoDaddy:

GoDaddy Employee Reviews

United States549 reviews
Featured review
GoDaddy selected this as a representative review
New Austin Location Great Place to Work!
I LOVEd the new Austin office. I worked there since it was a start up and now that it is GoDaddy. It's a great work life balance and a great place to work with a great culture. Unfortunately I think they were still paying the employees start-up prices which almost didn't cover the cost of living for the area and the work that we were doing. I did love the management and the culture. If you're looking for your first job I would recommend it!
Pros
Culture, Snacks, Free Coffee, Great experience, Management
Cons
No parking, low salary
Do you like to be harrassed and bullied? Do you like to make pennies on the dollar for your work, comparatively? Do you like being gaslighted?
Run. Run far, far away. It was great when it was MSH, but then we weren't anymore and things took a turn. If you are a tall man with a moderately high-priced ath-leisure (or business casual) wardrobe and full of clichés then you were literally made for the job- there is hope for you you bas tard. Otherwise, if you take the job, there is no bidding your time, there is no maybe it gets better, there is just no hope for you. You will not realize your potential and you will be worse off if you take the position. That said, I learned a lot- at the expense of my physical and mental health. I haven't worked there in 3+ months and I am still recovering. Not worth it, not worth it at all. HR won't do anything, nor will senior management even as they proclaim how wonderful and inclusive their culture is. Conditions are deplorable, and the culture is only for superficial children. Side note, the building you would work in will literally poison you with fluorescent light, and there is no place where you cannot be seen and heard. At all.
Underpaid and encouraged to work overtime
It’s a sales job I get it but paying us a slightly higher than minimum wage base is ridiculous. The culture wasn’t for me either. Very sales-y overhyped.
Frat House
The environment is testosterone and heavy and Sales focused.
There are plenty of opportunities for fun while you work, if you don't easily take things personally.
Overworked underpaid
The work is not only boring, but they keep giving you more and more until you can't remember what creativity even means -- which makes their constant push to be "creative" frustrating at best. The only thing they really care about is the bottom line -- not the customers and certainly not the employees. If they cared at all about the employees they'd be paid a fair wage. Not to mention the pay discrepancy among people with the same job, which they refused to address.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Good Place to work
100 cold dials daily, learn the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing, managers are good, good social aspect to the office and fun place to work
Great place to work if you are willing to put in the effort. I was sad to leave.
The training was short but after that this is a great place to work. Benefits are good and the management is talented. Pay is good and goals are achievable.
My time in Hosting Sales
In the sales department, your supervisors care 10x more about numbers than your overall work flow. I have to say I had two different supervisors and one made me entirely hate my job, and the other was great until I felt like leaving, that supervisor pushed me to quit on the spot instead of putting my two weeks in because it would hurt his numbers, which makes sense but isn't very caring for their employees.
Terrible
Terrible job and poor work environment. Loud and immature work area at times. Typical call center and once they feel too many are hitting sales quota they change the structure to make it more difficult
GoDaddy had great culture
GoDaddy had great leadership. They put you in a position for advancement and everyday i learned something new. Although the culture was great at the end of the day they only care about making the company money. If your not liked or a top performer they find a way to get rid of you.
Your just a number
From training to first day on the job i was thrown in the water and told to swim. By the time i hit my 1st year 90% of my training class quit or got fired. It is a constant grind. Call after call. So many metrics to hit. Now i was one of the lucky ones who swam. I made great money but every year they cut my bonus. It came to a point where i had to ask what am i worth. Im doing the same job. Exceeding my peers and getting paid less. I felt im worth more than what they were offering. They dont really care to keep anyone from leaving. Your just a number on a excel sheet.
Sweat shop
The pay is horrible for the work they require. To meet bonus range requires you to sacrifice your ethics and morals to push products on every customer even if they don't need it
Great place to start
Loved the atmosphere, and the leadership, but when they wanted everyone to build revenue, it made the job aspects almost impossible, and really destroyed alot of work place structure.
It's ok if you like a sales job
They're more focused on numbers than their employees also super harsh with their attendance policy. If you like sales and making sure that your life is going to all about work it's a good place for you
Great office and free lunch everyday
GoDaddy has many great offices to work from along with allowing work from home. This office also offer's free parking and casual dress attire each day.
Awesome work environment
Godaddy does a really good job and making their locations a fun place to work. There are good opportunities especially if you are a smooth seller. Pay is competitive and bonuses are available if you sell past your quotas.
Fun place to work
I recommend GoDaddy to anyone who wants a fun and exciting place to be. Very casual place and management was very helpful to anything you needed when on the job.
Not for everyone
Godaddy is an interesting company being that their structured to seem like tech support if you are the customer. But as someone who worked there, we definitely were not tech support, but more so website hosting sales. And most customers didn't know this. This made making sales a challenge and essentially required you to sit and really try to rope every single call into some sort of a sale. This puts a large pressure on you because there are a lot of times it does not feel appropriate to make a sales offer, but the job expects you to nonetheless. I personally did not fit with this aspect, the overall constant pressure of it. I performed well and hit my metrics on par with my team, even for an outsider, but this still just put a large hamper on my overall mental well being and had to depart. Most of the people I was hired with had quit before I did. Out of the 10 people hired with me, only 9 made it out of training, and after I left, there were only 2 left. However those 2 got promoted because they sold so much. And this companies bonus structure is very competitive and you definitely can make several thousand dollars a month off of bonuses. But you have to be okay with a nonstop pressure to sell in a very touchy environment that is also in an ever changing landscape that is "internet services."
Pros
potential for very high pay
Cons
very stressful
A lot of benefits
GoDaddy provided me a place to grow my knowledge and improve my abilities of handling complex tasks and difficult problems. I had opportunities to grow in my career as well as the work life balance required to do so.
Inclusivity and independence
The freedom to be who you are and do what you're passionate about is great here. It can be hard in certain operations roles to chart a career path and move up and onward, but there is a lot of opportunity for people who are willing to prioritize their own learning and can advocate for themselves.
DataCenter Tech 1
Satisfied to work in my first datacenter career. also love the company culture who helps each other closely. Also, the manager likes to help to work with an open mind.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoDaddy. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight