GoDaddy Employee Reviews

Not what it once was...
Sales Coach & Reserve Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 21, 2018
Prior to going public April of 2015, GoDaddy was the best place to work. Great compensation along with an amazing culture. You had pride in telling people that you worked at GoDaddy.
Once public everything changed, consistent pay cuts, demand of higher sales targets, focus more on making the company money instead of taking care of the customer.
In the last year or less tenure employees have been fleeing from GoDaddy, going somewhere new because we see the company falling into a deep hole, GoDaddy has been outsourcing a lot of its work and taking jobs from hard working employees here in the states.
Is GoDaddy a decent job? Yes, But its not the career company that it once was.
Pros
Relaxed environment, Holiday Party, Affordable Benefits, Decent Wages
Cons
Consistent Pay Cuts, Raising Costs of Healthcare, Politics, Favoritism
Na
Multilingual Sales and Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2018
Great if you know the right people, if not you'll be stuck in the same position. Supervisors gossip more then that care about their agents. Look for ways to catch people to write them up.
Job Overview
Security and Facility Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 7, 2018
During my time at Godaddy, I evolved from a security officer to becoming a security and operations supervisor in charge of multiple sites. It was a learn as you go type of position. I had to learn on my own about establishing contact with vendors and requesting quotes for various work needed at different facilities. I learned how to have vendors bid for the contracts. The culture was pretty relaxed for most but as an up an coming corporation, we were very competitive. I enjoyed my time there very much and am thankful for their support during my deployment to Afghanistan. I would recommend Godaddy to anyone seeking employment in their area.
Nice place to work but be prepared
CUSTOMER SUPPORT - SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAAugust 5, 2018
For the most part the managers and willing to help you but you have t reach out to them, your expected to use tools and resources to make your decisions.The overall culture is fantastic and the pay is outstanding but you have to put in the effort into it.
Pros
Pay work culture
Cons
management
If you just want to punch a clock and sell stuff, here is your job.
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 1, 2018
This was a job I took to take a break from being the boss, and while I learned a lot, I also saw a lot of things that I did not agree with. I was in the process of getting my bachelors of business degree and with my experience in business, I just did not agree with the changes that were made to my position.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
They want you offer new products on every call
Best call center I've ever worked at
Customer Consultation & Care (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 31, 2018
Highly recommend, although call center life isn't for everyone. This is a sales job, which they don't tell you at first. The pay is great for those who can close sales.
Productive and fun workplace, but the job wasn't for me.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 30, 2018
Everyday at work was the same, cold calling is as miserable as it sounds. However, the culture and environment is amazing! Everyone is very friendly and supportive.
Love This Job!!!
SSL / Hosted Exchange Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 25, 2018
What a great company. I was always encouraged to grow. Work life balance was outstanding. I loved working for someone who was #1 at what they do. Everyday I felt like I was being pushed to be better. when life happened, go daddy didn't hold it against me. They were encouraging and it was a Prime reason I seek better in my work life balance always. If I work for someone who isn't the best at what they do like Go Daddy... they don't prepare me like Go Daddy... I demand much more in my life now.

I'd go back in a heartbeat!!! I love Go Daddy.
Pros
Treatment of employees, compensation, benefits, work culture
Cons
none.
Fun place to work lots of team building experiences
Customer Sales and Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 25, 2018
Great place to work, fun environment. Great benefits. Exceptional training provided before starting the actual job and continued coaching provided on the job.
Pros
$2 lunches, exercise and fun encouraged
Cons
Needing to not only support products but sale them also.
SALES & tech support
Customer Care & Sales/Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 21, 2018
I was very hopeful when accepting this position. After 6 months on the job, I now have anxiety & fearful to work there. It is ALL SALES, all negative feedback, constantly getting cussed out, belittled and treated unfairly by the customers. To top it off, your job is always on the line, you never know when they will let you go for sales quotas.
benefits
Cons
everything else
It is was a good place to work at to save and build your resume
C3 Internet Service and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 18, 2018
There is no job security working for GoDaddy, but if you need a standard telephone-based customer service job to pay the bills you might be a good fit there.
Quick paced environment with a focus on sales
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 16, 2018
It is a call center environment with a focus on sales no matter what position you are in. So you will handle calls to troubleshoot your sections focus, and get to know the customers business needs to see what other products they need. Management is generally very helpful at working with you on achieving or exceeding goals. You can get bonuses based on your performance. The workplace environment is generally fun and they have various competitions, and events that you aren't required to perform well in. The hardest part of the job is the sales aspect, unless you have a sales background. If you don't have a strong technical background then you might struggle with the technical aspect at first but once you learn it, it is generally reasonable work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment, food, events, and benefits.
Pros
Discounted lunch trucks. Food court with chefs during certain hours. Fun Events, and co-workers.
Cons
Sales can be difficult. 30 minute lunch break at first.
Not for Females
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 12, 2018
This is a male oriented work place, very politically driven, houses plenty of past bigger organization resources on the west coast like Microsoft, Amazon, etc...so a brotherhood of sorts and train of thought. Lack of innovation within infrastructure. Flat management infrastructure which encourages political garbage. Within the 1st month of my hire my skillset was highlighted so much so I created enemies. Whoops! Was I not suppose to be adding value? Was I suppose to be kicking back beers and talking about sports???
Pros
Great Orientation
Cons
Lack of acceptance
Great Culture
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 11, 2018
GoDaddy is the best company that I've worked for. They have an amazing culture and mission that drives employee success. There are many great employee benefits. But, the best part was to make was to bonus monthly.
Pros
Bonus Opportunity
Cons
Work Schedule
Good money, poor life balance.
Business Sales Advisor - Customer Development Team (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 9, 2018
The money is fairly good and the sales are easy since GoDaddy has a good name within small businesses. You learn a lot but the more money you make less of a life you have. (Which is the case in most companies anyways).
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Micromanaged job, no life balance. If you don't meet your metrics be ready to pressured and lose your job.
Sales, sales, sales
ACCOUNT ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 6, 2018
They blind you with ping pong tables and go karts. The benefits are great. The compensation is not enough for what you deal with on the day to day. Supervisors only care about the team members that sell thousands of dollars. They push you to sell people things they don’t need. It’s impossible to move shifts or departments. They also don’t disclose that there is a shift slide with day light savings time. The shift you contract for, will change. And they don’t care what you’ve got going on, if you aren’t there an hour earlier than your contracted shift (for the shift slide) there will be documentation. Not to mention you only get 3 times to use the restroom in a 10 hour shift. One 30 min lunch and 2 fifteen min breaks. They make you feel disposable and don’t listen when you ask for help in trying to make it work.
Pros
Subsidized lunches, food trucks, and ping pong
Cons
Not enough breaks, poor management
Great Benefits - Just a call center in the end though
Executive Accounts (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 29, 2018
I worked at GD for over 8 years and the culture use to be amazing. In the end, I left due to new investors and a forced cultural shift that left me realizing that my talents were no longer appreciated. I took a promotion at another company and I've been much happier since that decision.

GD makes you believe that you'll never earn as much or find another company as good as it but that's simply not true. If you're a quality account manager or sales executive, there's bigger and better things than GD will ever be.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Poor work/life balance and the pay is below average
Great Amenities for Salaried Employees - not hourly
Small Business Consultant - Productivity (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 26, 2018
Fun place to work if you are salary, but as an hourly, did not have an opportunity to enjoy. Availability to be on the phones, ready to take a call is mandated at 96%, which is ridiculous and strictly enforced. This allows you a 30 min lunch with two 15 min breaks in a 10 hour workday, with any earned commissions and bonuses forfeited if you fall below 96% availability, along with disciplinary action in the form of a paper trail that will escort you right out the door on the 3rd occurrence, regardless of your performance. Coming from a management position of 15 years, this was not an ideal fit for me.
Pros
subsidized lunches, great benefits
Cons
short breaks, constantly changing performance goals
Not what recruiters advertised
Sales and Support Representative (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJune 21, 2018
The job was advertised with more hours and opportunities for more overtime, You can't work more than 30 hours if part-time and if you don't meet 1 metric two months in a row your employment goes up for review
Pros
$4 food trucks on weekdays
Cons
Not enough hours as Part-time
GoDaddy CDT
Customer Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 10, 2018
Overall satisfying experience. Would definitely recommend a sales professional to work there. The goals can be very demanding but also very rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoDaddy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight