Goddard Riverside Community Center Employee Reviews

None that I would rather say that would be nice.
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
I just simply needed a job and it was the first one that was offer to me wasted time and effort., cut throat competition, unsanitary cooking facility and again very low pay rate.
Pros
Cons
low pay, hard work
Good team
Greenskeeper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2018
Good team to work with, everyone is friendly and everyone gets along, please read between the lines if you are unwanted or it will get ugly, they are all about productiveness and don't tolerate pushing or shoving. the team needs to get the job done and that is landscaping, sooner or later your place will look like a garden with beautiful plants.
Pros
Good team
Cons
NONe
great work place
Rehabilitation Specialist/Vocational Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2018
Great work environment,very friendly an professional. If i leave transportation industries , i would definitely re-apply to work at Goddard no question.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Outreach worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
Was changing lives , showing people that their lives matter and they are just as important as anyone else. Being homeless is a hard job,being homeless and mentally ill is worst.
Community Space
Lead Group Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
Goddard Riverside is a huge deal on the upper west side its a commitment passed down through generations grandparents and Grand kids all participated in the Goddard Riverside Program one way or another and some people have seen it all happen here. there is a super longevity of employment here. there was recently a huge change as far as management goes which created some ripples maybe even big waves. its for the better but when your "in the water" its hard to see the "down the Line Vision" so it can be frustrating
Pros
Community and Family
Cons
change is hard
Fun place to work
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2018
Outreach specialist. Fun place to work. I have been working at this company since August and I would recommend it to other people. It is a good entry level position.
Productive and fun workplace
Clubhouse Generalist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2018
I learned a new treatment model of therapy. The staff there were very friendly. the workplace environment was very relaxed. The clients were very nice. the manager knew what he was doing and always made time for staff members.
Productive and fun
Counselor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
Working at Goddard was fun. I was with kids so it was something new every day there was never a dull moment. A typical work day doesn't exist with children, there is always something new fun or adventurous happening.
It is been an experience learning from them.
Greenkeeper Crew Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
My typical day of work is doing shifts that last about two hours in the morning and another shift in the afternoon. Cleaning the environment in the streets and the parks. The managers are very nice and helpful, and they help me how to work better effectively. I like the work.place because I got to know people from similar and different backgrounds. The hardest part of the job is working on very hot weathers.
Pros
The job is flexable with school and work.
Cons
Working on hot weather..
small agency home feeling
Resident Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10030February 17, 2017
Small agency caring individuals. Dedicated people willing to help the less fortunate day in and day out. the agency has helped me realize being an advocate for the homeless and mental ill is rewarding.
Pros
feeling of accomplishment
Cons
low pay for very trying work
Grants Manager (Interim) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Very family oriented organization caring for the community. Serves the youths, elderly and homeless people. Assist people with low housing solution. Assist the government in placing displaced individuals.
A great opportunity
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2016
A really great opportunity fort me to learn more about accounting and excel. The mates are pretty nice to me and they really taught me a lot.
a great place to meet new people
Case Aide/Housing Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2015
A day at work is almost excited as working at home. And it was an experience able to help people find happiness in starting a new life. However, working with the homeless and having them decline sevice to be helped and the fact of me walking away was an touching experience for me.
Pros
working Independently
Cons
No lunch breaks
Productive and fun
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you have impacted the the lives of others and knowing if one faces a crisis that Goddard is a safe place they can come and seek help and additional resources. Meeting and interacting with people of every ethnic background helps one to be come a well rounded individual and be sensitive and respectable to each individuals ethnicity.
Pros
changing lives everyday
productive as well as fun and enjoyable environment
Senior Staff Counselor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2015
During the Afternoon counselors are to pick up children from school to bring them to the afterschool program. They are giving there afternoon snack and are giving instructions to transition to to homework session for a hour.
Hardest part of the Job is creating activities and getting students to be engaged in activities
Enjoyable part is being able to help the kids through homework as well as watching them enjoy there time within the organization.
Pros
diversity
Cons
limited space
Relaxed Environment
Front Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2013
A typical day would be to log in resident's guests, keeping track of their comings and goings. Do a check of each floor checking for anything out of the ordinary. The management was handled well, considering that there were two locations. I didn't interact with co-workers as much but when I did it was a pleasant experience. The hardest part about the job was that it was non-stimulating for me mentally. There was not much to do but sit there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the residents and people that worked there.
Productive and fun place for both staff and children
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2013
A typical day at Goddard Riverside Community Center was me picking up children from school and escorting them to the community center. There at the community center they would eat snack and go to their rooms that they were assigned to and start doing their homework. As a youth counselor, if the children needed assistance on their homework I would help them, and when they were done i would check or either go over their homework with them. On some days the children would go to their artist which include either dance, photography, science, storytelling, sports, etc. On other days, I would assist the Group Leader on activities that we had for the children. The summer was the same way just adding the field trips to the schedule. As being a youth counselor I learned many things responsibility, and learned how to deal with people including parents.
Nice group of people and great services
Controller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2013
The organization provides great services to its community. The day-to-day operations are rendered more difficult because of its lack of structure and weak internal controls.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not structured
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2013
On a regular day I accessed homeless individuals and obtained documents, birth certificate, benefits and any ID's. I also escort clients to any appointments necessary as needed. I schedule them to see psychiatrist on sight to evaluate there diagnoses. Then if all goes well eventually the clients will be permanently housed.
Pros
Out on the field
Cons
Too many trainings
Goddard Riverside
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2012
I loved working for Goddard Riverside. I was a office assistant for a community center during the 2007 summer. I helped out kids who camped in the center and worked in the office. It was only a seasonal job, I loved the management and we all got along well, great place and comfortable place to work at. It was alot of fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goddard Riverside Community Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Goddard Riverside Community Center Reviews by Location