Goddard Riverside Community Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and fun workplace
Clubhouse Generalist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2018
I learned a new treatment model of therapy. The staff there were very friendly. the workplace environment was very relaxed. The clients were very nice. the manager knew what he was doing and always made time for staff members.
Productive and fun
Counselor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
Working at Goddard was fun. I was with kids so it was something new every day there was never a dull moment. A typical work day doesn't exist with children, there is always something new fun or adventurous happening.
It is been an experience learning from them.
Greenkeeper Crew Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
My typical day of work is doing shifts that last about two hours in the morning and another shift in the afternoon. Cleaning the environment in the streets and the parks. The managers are very nice and helpful, and they help me how to work better effectively. I like the work.place because I got to know people from similar and different backgrounds. The hardest part of the job is working on very hot weathers.
Pros
The job is flexable with school and work.
Cons
Working on hot weather..
small agency home feeling
Resident Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10030February 17, 2017
Small agency caring individuals. Dedicated people willing to help the less fortunate day in and day out. the agency has helped me realize being an advocate for the homeless and mental ill is rewarding.
Pros
feeling of accomplishment
Cons
low pay for very trying work
Grants Manager (Interim) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Very family oriented organization caring for the community. Serves the youths, elderly and homeless people. Assist people with low housing solution. Assist the government in placing displaced individuals.
A great opportunity
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2016
A really great opportunity fort me to learn more about accounting and excel. The mates are pretty nice to me and they really taught me a lot.
a great place to meet new people
Case Aide/Housing Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2015
A day at work is almost excited as working at home. And it was an experience able to help people find happiness in starting a new life. However, working with the homeless and having them decline sevice to be helped and the fact of me walking away was an touching experience for me.
Pros
working Independently
Cons
No lunch breaks
Productive and fun
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you have impacted the the lives of others and knowing if one faces a crisis that Goddard is a safe place they can come and seek help and additional resources. Meeting and interacting with people of every ethnic background helps one to be come a well rounded individual and be sensitive and respectable to each individuals ethnicity.
Pros
changing lives everyday
productive as well as fun and enjoyable environment
Senior Staff Counselor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2015
During the Afternoon counselors are to pick up children from school to bring them to the afterschool program. They are giving there afternoon snack and are giving instructions to transition to to homework session for a hour.
Hardest part of the Job is creating activities and getting students to be engaged in activities
Enjoyable part is being able to help the kids through homework as well as watching them enjoy there time within the organization.
Pros
diversity
Cons
limited space
Relaxed Environment
Front Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2013
A typical day would be to log in resident's guests, keeping track of their comings and goings. Do a check of each floor checking for anything out of the ordinary. The management was handled well, considering that there were two locations. I didn't interact with co-workers as much but when I did it was a pleasant experience. The hardest part about the job was that it was non-stimulating for me mentally. There was not much to do but sit there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the residents and people that worked there.
Productive and fun place for both staff and children
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2013
A typical day at Goddard Riverside Community Center was me picking up children from school and escorting them to the community center. There at the community center they would eat snack and go to their rooms that they were assigned to and start doing their homework. As a youth counselor, if the children needed assistance on their homework I would help them, and when they were done i would check or either go over their homework with them. On some days the children would go to their artist which include either dance, photography, science, storytelling, sports, etc. On other days, I would assist the Group Leader on activities that we had for the children. The summer was the same way just adding the field trips to the schedule. As being a youth counselor I learned many things responsibility, and learned how to deal with people including parents.
Nice group of people and great services
Controller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2013
The organization provides great services to its community. The day-to-day operations are rendered more difficult because of its lack of structure and weak internal controls.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not structured
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2013
On a regular day I accessed homeless individuals and obtained documents, birth certificate, benefits and any ID's. I also escort clients to any appointments necessary as needed. I schedule them to see psychiatrist on sight to evaluate there diagnoses. Then if all goes well eventually the clients will be permanently housed.
Pros
Out on the field
Cons
Too many trainings
Goddard Riverside
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2012
I loved working for Goddard Riverside. I was a office assistant for a community center during the 2007 summer. I helped out kids who camped in the center and worked in the office. It was only a seasonal job, I loved the management and we all got along well, great place and comfortable place to work at. It was alot of fun.
Fast paced learning environment
Outreach Worker/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, nyOctober 27, 2012
I was lucky enough to have two great supervisors in this position. The environment was fast paced and there was always something to get done. I was able to learn a great deal in my position about the homeless and those that lived with mental illness. My co-workers were patient and and informative.
It,s an productive environment and theres room for growth.
Maintenance Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2012
A typical day at work consist of me sweeping around the perimeter of the building picking up trash, maintaining the up keep of the compactor room by separating the bottles, cans, paper, and regular trash, tying up boxes, mopping, sweeping, and cleaning the carpets, cleaning bathrooms changing refuse throughout building, taking out garbage in the offices, cleaning the windows inside and outside the building, and setting up the tables and chairs in the dining room area.
Pros
i stay busy all day
Cons
i dont get enough over time