Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Employee Reviews

Easy going workplace with fantastic manager!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 19, 2018
Working for Godiva Chocolatier has been great! I have the best manager who lets me express my creativity with the chocolate. I would recommend this job to others who are interested.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No advancement in the company, low pay
Neutral
Sales Rep/Stock (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLNovember 6, 2018
I was hired for a seasonal stock position, but I was also required to do other tasks such as greet customers, help with any questions they had, make smoothies and sometimes help behind the counter. The tasks provided were simple and understandable, but sometimes management was a bit extra for unnecessary reasons. Overall I had a good experience working at Godiva. A good entry level job to gain experience with customer service.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHNovember 2, 2018
There were a lot of good hard working people here. It's a nice laid back kind of place but there are some fast pace times like during the holidays. It's nice though
Every job should be this good
Corporate Sales Data Entry Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTOctober 30, 2018
I have worked at the Godiva call center every Christmas for more than 20 years. I love my coworkers & the environment is great.
They give a generous employee discount and sometimes even pass out samples while we work. They also have little perks like Thanksgiving and holiday dinners, pizza parties, etc.
Don't get me wrong, you need to work and the holidays can be very hectic! However, hard work is appreciated and the pay is a lot more than most part time seasonal jobs.
Pros
Great people, gifts of appreciation, nice office
Cons
None, other than it's only part time
Godiva Chocolatier is a good Company.
Retail Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 22, 2018
Godiva Chocolatier is a good Company. During my years at Godiva, I was promoted several times. I was able to work the Wholesale and Retail side of the business.They have good health benefits, salary etc. I recommend working for this Company.
Pros
Good benefits, discounted Chocolate.
Fun retail job with low pay
part-time manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 21, 2018
Godiva was the most fun job I've had by far in my life, but unfortunately being paid less than $10 / hr for a management position didn't work out for me at the time. However if you are looking for an entry level retail job, this one is great!

Workplace culture is based around the joy of experiencing chocolate with all 5 senses, so most customers are happy as soon as they walk in the door which is amazing. Plus we always get to offer them free samples so there's always a reason to get them talking and in a good mood. Selling comes naturally in a store like this and so does being perky and having a good attitude!

My one complaint was that rather than consider applicants from within the store, when the Assistant Manager position was vacated someone outside the company was chosen to replace him. I wish they would promote from within to promote better camaraderie and encourage employees to stay longer.

A typical day consisted of ringing up customers, gift wrapping, cleaning and stocking the store during down time, checking to make sure the Chocolate Case was at the proper humidity and temperature, and of course creating all our dipped and house made confections such as chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate truffle pops.

The hardest part of the job was the inconsistent hours, especially around holidays, and when our hours would get cut in the off seasons due to a reduced employee budget. Say goodbye to your weekends, but don't expect to get more than 20 hours a week on average except in summer, and big holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job was the 40%
  more... off employee discount!  less
Pros
40% employee discount, fun environment, easy to sell product
Cons
messy job (food service), inconsistent hours
Used to love it
Assistant Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 16, 2018
Worked with Godiva for 4 years. Loved it for the first 3 but in the last year or so a lot of changes were made to upper management that has made the company unstable.

That being said, if you get into the right store, the benefits can be great, the culture is fun and who doesn't love being around chocolate all the time? The pace can vary depending on the time of year but there is no shortage of things to do.
Pros
Great employee discount, fun culture
Cons
Low pay, no room for advancement
productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2018
Godiva is a great place to work, friendly, clean environment and is constantly teaching new methods to be customer friendly. Learning how to clean and make things look presentable.
I loved my job, but the management did not follow Godiva's overall message.
Chocolatier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 5, 2018
Working here is rewarding. You get to create and eat chocolate desserts every day and interact with pleasant customers all day. The company values teamwork and togetherness, but management was pushing an "every man for himself" attitude. We were encouraged to be overly pushy and rude to customers to get them to join our chocolate reward club and would be reprimanded if we did not share these beliefs. Management does not care about employees as individuals and often does not even remember our names. It feels like we are all replaceable. It is also very hard to have an opinion in this company.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, eating and creating chocolate, great company message
Cons
Rude and pushy management, employees feel replaceable, not shown respect as an individual.
Summary on Godiva
Packer and Shipper (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 2, 2018
The job was pretty decent, I would recommend it to someone who likes to work 7 days a week. And someone who doesn’t need benefits. I wouldn’t ever wanna work there again though because they don’t hire new people anymore.
Pros
No benefits
Cons
Good pay
Favoritism
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 30, 2018
Worked with some really amazing people over the years but there is always a bad apple. Favoritism for a particular store manager who was racist. Company didn’t care to fix it.
Pros
Selling chocolate is so fun and unique!
Cons
“You’re all replaceable” -upper management
manager not nice
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOSeptember 27, 2018
assistant manager should be head manager head manager thinks job more important than family. head manager often wanted me to choose work over my autistic daughter
Pros
discounts
Cons
no paid vacation no insurance no benfits
Great workplace just wasn't for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma city okSeptember 27, 2018
If you like to sell chocolate, this place is for you. Made me gain a couple pounds but hey, its really good chocolate! They get their cocoa beans from Belgium which is initially where the store came from with a lot of different varieties to choose from. They're strawberries are also delicious. The only thing I didn't really like about working here was that I never really had a consistent schedule and would have to work late closing shifts almost all the time.
Pros
You get to sample the chocolate for free
Cons
Late closing
Big vs Small
Sales Associate- Customer Service Chocolatier (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 26, 2018
I worked with people that made the best of a worst worst situation. Everything the Higher ups wanted; didn't work in our store. Our store was small.
Pros
Chocolate
Cons
No Money
Great First job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Natick, MASeptember 25, 2018
It was fun for my first job! I learned a lot! The team was fun! my manager was super nice and willing to work with my school schedule while I was finishing High school.
Pros
All u an eat dipped fruit at the end of the night
Cons
Cant take any home
Not a good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2018
Zero work life balance- crazy hours management all remote and not there to assist new managers in DTD needs but yet expected a lot out of them. Benefits were not good
Good for Temporary Job
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 19, 2018
Low demand for their products in my state. Too overpriced for majority of people. Due to the demand being low, a typical work day is very slow so they need to cut everyones hours.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Slow Paced, not enough hours
Friendly people
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COSeptember 16, 2018
Although the Managers are friendly they seem to want to hire from the outside rather than promote someone that has been doing the job. Regular mall hours were nice and the mall customers were friendly.
Pros
Chocolate
Cons
Outside hiring
Loved working here
Lead Key Holder / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I went from a sales associate to lead key holder in a matter of months, I pulled all the duties of assistant manager and at times manager. My goal was to become the manager but the DM did not offer the position to me which lead to me leaving.
A Fun Place to work...Sometimes....
Full Time Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 6, 2018
Godiva has a fast Turn-over rate. Only full-time employees get Benefits, and only two people can be full time. (The store manager and the Assistant manager OR a Fulltime key holder)

Being able to taste the Chocolates, Drinks, Strawberries and Soft serve are a bonus and the Discount is great.

However, it is a place where everyone is supposed to carry their own weight. Though at times The store manager doesn't carry her own weight and divides it between her associates. Yet refuses to give said associates a pay raise.
Pros
You get to taste all the Chocolate in the case, Drinks, Soft Serve, Ect...
Cons
The hours vary depending if the store has made money that week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Godiva Chocolatier, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss