Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Employee Reviews

I liked it there
Customer Service, Sales and Marketing, cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2018
I’d recommend working at Godiva if you enjoy really slow paced work. There wasn’t much to do when there were no customers but the other employees were great workers and friendly.
Overall good experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 9, 2018
The culture is good and the products are great. Staff was friendly and knowledgable which made it easy and fun to learn. I would recommend Godiva as a good company to work for as long as you arent the type to get lost in the fray.
Fun job.
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work. The management was good, job advancement was not done fairly but they were willing to work with my schedules on certain occasions.
Poor management for an elegant company
Full Time Key holder (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2018
The customers and my coworkers were very nice. The product was very good. Management changes could have made the store more successful. Unfortunately the location I worked at is no longer open.
Enjoyable
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJune 20, 2018
I loved working at Godiva, I loved the staff that I worked with and on top of that I loved the store manager. She was very flexible with the girls who were attending school and when something came up she was always there for us. If I didn't have to leave I would've never left its a stress free job because of the way the store was ran.
Pros
loved the staff
Cons
language barrier for customers
Great Company
Retail/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJune 11, 2018
Learned more sales tactics in mall environment. Manager was very friendly and I learned much from her. Only critic is that after the busy season, no hours were available.
A good starter job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2018
The managers I had were super friendly and supportive of everyone. The work hours were flexible but compensation wasn't too high. They have limited positions for management or to move up because it is a smaller store and company, and usually hires many associates to work around the clock. It usually takes quite some times to move up in positions, but it is a relaxing job with good customer and management interactions, not a lot of heavy working, and workable hours.
Pros
Nice management and work environment
Cons
Pay and upward promotion
Good Experience
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 10, 2018
Good place to gain experience in the work force during or after high school. Would recommend to people with not work experience. Management is good with amazing work ethic.
Very fun place to work
Chocolatier (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 9, 2018
I really liked my manager, he was fair and good at what he does. I really liked working here, it was a great time. The customers were fun to interact with too.
Godiva is an excellent retail job!
Part time chocolatier at Godiva (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 6, 2018
I believe that Godiva is a fantastic place to work with a good team and is a great retail job. While there are things to get done around the store, it is not overwhelming.
Exciting and fun work place; theres just always a negative.
Cashier/Dipper (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYMay 30, 2018
Working for this company was the best decision at the time. It was minimum labor; anyone could learn and complete tasks given to them in this company. They don't ask for too much, just being punctual and working with urgency was a big aspect for this business; Major holidays are the busiest. Their current managers though make it very difficult to be happy while working. This company needs to review the people they hire for management or else they will continue to lose great employees. The managers I had were malicious and spoke down to you. There was never any constructive criticism; they only degrade you as a person.
Pros
We get to sample everything
Cons
Requesting days off in advance was a struggle
Love it our store
Customer Service, Rep Sales rep, Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2018
Management was great, our store and staff was great, district manager terrible, high up management terrible, great service, store presentation, met all sales goals.
Pros
Love the feel, the store, our team, the products.
Cons
Close down
Nice job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 24, 2018
Working with chocolate and fruits was nice, helping plenty of people brighten their day with some sweets was fun, constant goals to reach and acheive.
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 22, 2018
Responsible for the safe handling of the candy products.Professionally sanitized environment at all times.Inspecting product with team Environment at all times
Horrible management
Chocolatier (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MIMay 17, 2018
I was a minor at the time and was berated about needing to stay past my legal curfew. It was also overally stressful and if youre not a good salesperson then youre spoken to in a condescending tone.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management, constantly pushing items on costumers to be sold
Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 8, 2018
If you have a sweet tooth, it can be a fun place to work. Compensation for management wasn't as good as other management positions at niche retail at the mall location.
Pros
Chocolate
Cons
Low compensation
Pleasant work environment
Freelance Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2018
Easy going work environment. Professional staff. Limited pressure. Fairly complex products structure. Lacking in up to date technical software and computer systems.
Pros
Free chocolate
Cons
Minimal creativity
Slow some day but fast paced on others
Chocolatier (associate) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 2, 2018
Some days will be slow, so you found find things to do. but other times it would be busy which makes the day interesting. I learned how to make handmade bark, chocolate bars, and truffle pops. The management is very good they are willing to work with you unlike some places.
It was a good place to work at first.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTApril 30, 2018
Working for Godiva was a good experience. Our store was located in the Mohegan Sun Casino, it is a whole different culture there, the hours were becoming inconsistent for me to continue on.
not fun
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 30, 2018
manger was poor an work place was unpleasant . the hours was steady an not contend . long work days ,an just not good.. short breaks also lunch breaks too

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Godiva Chocolatier, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight