Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Employee Reviews

Not a good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2018
Zero work life balance- crazy hours management all remote and not there to assist new managers in DTD needs but yet expected a lot out of them. Benefits were not good
Good for Temporary Job
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 19, 2018
Low demand for their products in my state. Too overpriced for majority of people. Due to the demand being low, a typical work day is very slow so they need to cut everyones hours.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Slow Paced, not enough hours
Friendly people
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COSeptember 16, 2018
Although the Managers are friendly they seem to want to hire from the outside rather than promote someone that has been doing the job. Regular mall hours were nice and the mall customers were friendly.
Pros
Chocolate
Cons
Outside hiring
Loved working here
Lead Key Holder / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I went from a sales associate to lead key holder in a matter of months, I pulled all the duties of assistant manager and at times manager. My goal was to become the manager but the DM did not offer the position to me which lead to me leaving.
A Fun Place to work...Sometimes....
Full Time Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 6, 2018
Godiva has a fast Turn-over rate. Only full-time employees get Benefits, and only two people can be full time. (The store manager and the Assistant manager OR a Fulltime key holder)

Being able to taste the Chocolates, Drinks, Strawberries and Soft serve are a bonus and the Discount is great.

However, it is a place where everyone is supposed to carry their own weight. Though at times The store manager doesn't carry her own weight and divides it between her associates. Yet refuses to give said associates a pay raise.
Pros
You get to taste all the Chocolate in the case, Drinks, Soft Serve, Ect...
Cons
The hours vary depending if the store has made money that week.
Horrible Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 3, 2018
Company does not care about their employees
Make ridiculous changes to the company for the worse
HR does not even reply to workers to try and solve any issues
HR is not anonymous
DM does not care about workers
Lots of lies and illusions-tricky to trust coworkers
Pros
smell chocolate
Cons
Terrible management
Fun job, not enough hours
Chocolatier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2018
Godiva is a very fun place to work and great if you do not need to make a living off of it. This past year corporate has gotten more and more strict and due to things out of my control, I am no longer getting enough hours. I have to pay rent and bills and I struggle to get 15-20 hours a week lately. It's a great learning experience and an awesome crew to work with but I can no longer afford to work there.
Pros
Fun job, great staff, chocolate and discounts
Cons
No benefits part-time, corporate, low hours and pay
Great place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHAugust 27, 2018
Wonderful job, easy and fun. Management usually works with you with scheduling. Sometimes short staffed. Depending on the store, it can be super busy or really slow.
Wonderful place
Associate (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEAugust 27, 2018
I truly loved working for Godiva. The staff was always friendly. The music that flittered softly in the background was prefect for the environment. After a while, you couldn't smell the chocolate any more.
Pros
50% employee discount, wonderful environment, made new friends
Cons
That location closed
Good
Chocolatier (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 24, 2018
I was very happy with the people i worked with, but once they started to leave due to their own lives, the new people we almost impossible to work with. i needed more money for where i lived and after over a year and a half with the company i only received a 20 cent raise, and I was still being paid less than at the other job i was forced to get.
always fun trying new product
Sales Associate/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL orlando, flAugust 23, 2018
its a great first job to learn new experiences. whats difficult about the job is getting moved up in the company, they show favoritism which isnt fair to other employees.
Cons
no health benefits
Overall great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2018
A reliable company with intense experience knowledge of principles and process for providing excellent customer and personal service with great work ethics to follow directions and meeting on store and company policies by maintaining or expectations given a reliable either individual with intense experience knowledge of principal and process for providing excellent customer and personal service who prize with great with ethics to follow directions and meeting all store protocol and procedures
Pros
40% off merchandise
Cons
15 mi. Break
enjoyable atmosphere
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 9, 2018
a typical day at work was pretty much the same for me the past 2 years which was dip strawberries and basically keep the store clean. I definitely did learn a lot working here, but more about who I was as a person, and what I was capable of doing. Which in all honestly, I was surprised myself, I never thought I would have been a key-holder, but the management did see a lot of potential in me, which honestly did make me feel pretty good about myself. I would say the most challenged I felt here was definitely during winter: because of the shipment of boxes and how intimidating that was. But i only did it the first year I was there, but even in the front it can still get crazy, because we have people ordering 50+ boxes of chocolates. Most enjoyable part of the job: would be the staff. They are honestly all such genuine people, and I will always cherish them.
Pros
working in a mall
Cons
gentrification
Perfect first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 7, 2018
Started working at Godiva when I was 18 years old. It definitely made me grow as a human being. I didn't only learn about chocolate but how to treat customers and to be a sales person. It is not for everyone but it was worth my time. Who doesn't like to work with chocolate?
Pros
Nice Environment
Cons
o benefits, just a couple of challenges etc
Good
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 3, 2018
Work place was good, very fasted paced, need to be quick on your feet, a lot of merchandising according to the season of the year. Dealing with the consumer, looking for the best customer service, per manager and team.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
The way the shipments would come in.
not enough hours
Shift Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 3, 2018
horrible management, mice infested, not enough hours , unfair management, unfair compensation, understaffed, did not enjoy working their, could not wait to leave!
Awesome part time job
Seasonal - Chocolatier (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLAugust 2, 2018
I'm not sure if all Godivas are built the same, but i would say that this one was pretty up there. The manager nice,caring and understanding and the co-workers are pretty great and good to get along with.
Pros
Cool work place enviroment to beat the florida heat
Cons
N/a
I loved decorating the chocolate
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 1, 2018
Dipping strawberries and treats was my absolute favorite but the chocolate was produced through unashamed slave labor and my manager called me an inappropriate word the day I put in my 2 weeks notice. It was a completely unhealthy atmosphere, but I miss the chocolate.
Pros
free chocolate samples
Cons
pay, management, & slave labor
No advancement / poor management
Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  NYJuly 30, 2018
Company is trying to figure out the changing retail landscape and not doing a great job at it. Labor is tighter by the month and expectations set higher. More food service then retail but excpected to be a high end retail boutique.
Pros
It’s chocolate so hard to conplain
Cons
No work life balance
Good pay
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 28, 2018
This company is a wonderful company to work for they offer great benefits and great pay! The factory itself is very nice. The tasks are super easy to do. Most of the work you do at the factory is very boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Godiva Chocolatier, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight