Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Employee Reviews

Overall great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2018
A reliable company with intense experience knowledge of principles and process for providing excellent customer and personal service with great work ethics to follow directions and meeting on store and company policies by maintaining or expectations given a reliable either individual with intense experience knowledge of principal and process for providing excellent customer and personal service who prize with great with ethics to follow directions and meeting all store protocol and procedures
Pros
40% off merchandise
Cons
15 mi. Break
enjoyable atmosphere
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 9, 2018
a typical day at work was pretty much the same for me the past 2 years which was dip strawberries and basically keep the store clean. I definitely did learn a lot working here, but more about who I was as a person, and what I was capable of doing. Which in all honestly, I was surprised myself, I never thought I would have been a key-holder, but the management did see a lot of potential in me, which honestly did make me feel pretty good about myself. I would say the most challenged I felt here was definitely during winter: because of the shipment of boxes and how intimidating that was. But i only did it the first year I was there, but even in the front it can still get crazy, because we have people ordering 50+ boxes of chocolates. Most enjoyable part of the job: would be the staff. They are honestly all such genuine people, and I will always cherish them.
Pros
working in a mall
Cons
gentrification
Perfect first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 7, 2018
Started working at Godiva when I was 18 years old. It definitely made me grow as a human being. I didn't only learn about chocolate but how to treat customers and to be a sales person. It is not for everyone but it was worth my time. Who doesn't like to work with chocolate?
Pros
Nice Environment
Cons
o benefits, just a couple of challenges etc
Good
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 3, 2018
Work place was good, very fasted paced, need to be quick on your feet, a lot of merchandising according to the season of the year. Dealing with the consumer, looking for the best customer service, per manager and team.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
The way the shipments would come in.
not enough hours
Shift Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 3, 2018
horrible management, mice infested, not enough hours , unfair management, unfair compensation, understaffed, did not enjoy working their, could not wait to leave!
Awesome part time job
Seasonal - Chocolatier (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLAugust 2, 2018
I'm not sure if all Godivas are built the same, but i would say that this one was pretty up there. The manager nice,caring and understanding and the co-workers are pretty great and good to get along with.
Pros
Cool work place enviroment to beat the florida heat
Cons
N/a
I loved decorating the chocolate
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 1, 2018
Dipping strawberries and treats was my absolute favorite but the chocolate was produced through unashamed slave labor and my manager called me an inappropriate word the day I put in my 2 weeks notice. It was a completely unhealthy atmosphere, but I miss the chocolate.
Pros
free chocolate samples
Cons
pay, management, & slave labor
No advancement / poor management
Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  NYJuly 30, 2018
Company is trying to figure out the changing retail landscape and not doing a great job at it. Labor is tighter by the month and expectations set higher. More food service then retail but excpected to be a high end retail boutique.
Pros
It’s chocolate so hard to conplain
Cons
No work life balance
Good pay
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 28, 2018
This company is a wonderful company to work for they offer great benefits and great pay! The factory itself is very nice. The tasks are super easy to do. Most of the work you do at the factory is very boring
Package
Adecco Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJuly 28, 2018
I just unpacked candy all day an re package it ..put labels on it an sent it off down the line...I also dressed the candy in little bows an boxes ...I loved doing that
good working environment
Packing Operator (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 26, 2018
everyone work as a team..the manager and the manager team treated the employees with respect and kindest. the hardest part of the job was lifting heavy boxes ( over 80 pounds)
Pros
fun partners
Cons
no break pay
Part-time Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 26, 2018
Great work enviroment. Management is phenomenal. Workplace is organized, helpful, and friendly. Training prepares you for all of the situations you may encounter.
Fun to dip different things all the time.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CT 06382July 25, 2018
The staff and management have great communication skills whatever you do not understand at this job the management and staff members will teach you you are never out of the loop. The job is calm and collective it's fun and there is never negative vibes at this work place.
Pros
The discounts and the staff
Cons
No free lunch
I liked it there
Customer Service, Sales and Marketing, cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2018
I’d recommend working at Godiva if you enjoy really slow paced work. There wasn’t much to do when there were no customers but the other employees were great workers and friendly.
Overall good experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 9, 2018
The culture is good and the products are great. Staff was friendly and knowledgable which made it easy and fun to learn. I would recommend Godiva as a good company to work for as long as you arent the type to get lost in the fray.
Fun job.
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work. The management was good, job advancement was not done fairly but they were willing to work with my schedules on certain occasions.
Poor management for an elegant company
Full Time Key holder (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2018
The customers and my coworkers were very nice. The product was very good. Management changes could have made the store more successful. Unfortunately the location I worked at is no longer open.
Enjoyable
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJune 20, 2018
I loved working at Godiva, I loved the staff that I worked with and on top of that I loved the store manager. She was very flexible with the girls who were attending school and when something came up she was always there for us. If I didn't have to leave I would've never left its a stress free job because of the way the store was ran.
Pros
loved the staff
Cons
language barrier for customers
Great Company
Retail/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJJune 11, 2018
Learned more sales tactics in mall environment. Manager was very friendly and I learned much from her. Only critic is that after the busy season, no hours were available.
A good starter job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2018
The managers I had were super friendly and supportive of everyone. The work hours were flexible but compensation wasn't too high. They have limited positions for management or to move up because it is a smaller store and company, and usually hires many associates to work around the clock. It usually takes quite some times to move up in positions, but it is a relaxing job with good customer and management interactions, not a lot of heavy working, and workable hours.
Pros
Nice management and work environment
Cons
Pay and upward promotion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Godiva Chocolatier, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight