Godshall's Quality Meats (Daniel Weaver Company)

Working at Godshall's Quality Meats (Daniel Weaver Company): 7 Reviews

United States7 reviews

Great place to work for!

This is one of the few places I’ve enjoyed working at. Management and employees are great and very friendly. Great benefits too, 401k and their ESOP program are one of the best in the area. You can learn from processing, smokehouse, packaging and quality control and growth within the company is possible as well as long as you work hard and are reliable.

Productive and Fun Place to work

The work keeps me occupied always, it usually needs to be done at an average or above average work pace each work day. Sometimes things can get backed up, it can't always be helped. I take it as it comes. The thing I enjoy most about working here are the people. Everyone is kind, funny, and helpful. You help each other out when you both need, makes things run smoother.

Pros

Good environment, good people, good pay

Cons

sometimes work gets backed up, stressful

Godshall's Quality Meats (Daniel Weaver Company) insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Great Place to work

Best place I ever worked for. Pay raises every year and when getting extra tasks. promotes from within and has a lot of good benefits. never liked a place so much like i do at Godshalls.

Pros

Benefits, Pay

Cons

Godshall's offers great benefits (ESOP, Profit Sharing, 401k with matching)! The company cares about their workers and gives them the tools to be successful.

Pros

Benefits, great work environment

Extremely poor management

The job is doable. Knowing spanish is a plus since 90% of the employees speak it. Plenty of overtime, usually youll get a sunday off. Except during the busy season. Meanwhile, since the pandemic hit, upper management took off while still expecting " essential" employees to show up. The problem is management. The department runs 24 hours, but management is available from 9 to 5. I never saw a fully staffed department, so i can only imagine what a regular day would be.

Pros

Its a paycheck

Cons

Understaffed, poorly managed.

Great place to work if you want little to no time off

This company pays well and provides many benefits. Dental, life, health insurance. 401k, Stock ownership programs. Though the work life balance is through the floor as you'll be working 50-60 hours a week. Communication with some managers and supervisors is difficult and tedious. The people you work with are great. Lots of friends to make here. You will get berated for taking off if you're sick. I'd only recommend this job to people who want zero free time and poor Work/Lfe balance.

Loved

I worked as a QA in raw processing. I loved my job and the people I worked with. Coming from the poultry industry it was a welcomed change. If it wasnt for my husband getting a job out of state I would love to be back at godshalls.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Godshall's Quality Meats (Daniel Weaver Company). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Godshall's Quality Meats (Daniel Weaver Company) Reviews by Location

Learn about Godshall's Quality Meats (Daniel Weaver Company) in popular locations

Godshall's Quality Meats (Daniel Weaver Company) reviews by popular job title

• Godshall's Quality Meats (Daniel Weaver Company)