GoHealth Employee Reviews

It’ll always be something better than this.
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2019
They don’t promote within. They’ll cheat you out a raise. Play with your skills. Horrible attendance policy. Benefits are too high to afford with your pay and they aren’t even good. They company contributes $11 towards medical. Lowest plan no kids $85 per pay period. No PTO upfront. Have to acclimate. Takes 3 pay periods just to get one day off. Only get paid for holidays if you make up the hours.
Pros
a monthly bonus
Cons
EVERYTHING!!! Expect the bonus
Extremely Stressful and Long Hours
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTMarch 26, 2019
Extremely Stressful, Long Hours with very little flexibility and poor management. Executives paid a lot of lip service to increase flexibility with schedules...which never came to fruition.
Great opportunity
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2019
I was able to advance from a screener to a Q& A analyst callabrating calls and having meetings to discuss the trends in phone dialect and different approaches for better scores for representatives.
Pros
Great for advancement
Cons
Higher pay should be given
If, you want an opportunity to work, it's the place to be.
SEASONAL/TEMPORARY (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2019
They count on people's desperation for jobs and/or ignorance of the pay system, no matter how many years of experience you have whether, you apply or they contact you every season, the hourly pay never changes but, every year they come up with something new as how NOT to pay you Commission.

It's NOT a professional environment that I would recommend. Unfortunately, no matter how many times the Sales Leads or Team Leads remind them to dress in a business casual way, or just casual a lot of employees do what they want to do, wear what they want to wear.

The men walk around with their pants sagging to the point that their underwear is showing, and the females wear their leggings so tight, so form-fitting...they should come to work naked!!
Pros
GoHealth will hire just about anyone qualified or unqualified.
Cons
I hate their commission conversion program if, you don't have all four or five areas of performance to the exact letter...no Commission.
It’s ok
Seasonal Benefits Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2019
They tell you anything to get you in the door then once you get in there it’s bs. Management was never on one accord and the bonuses were trash. They hire anybody. The call volume is not as high off peak season so you not really doing much.
Basic Call Center
PSR - CSR (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, IL 60056March 7, 2019
N/A. I have no real review - I was to help hurting people with options (but not really) Therefore it was necessary to leave such a company - and it was extremely stressful
Pros
N/a
Cons
No real concern for the Associate or Client
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2019
Overall, Gohealth is a good place to work. Your work ethic will predict your success. The compensation can change but was fair compared to other companies in the insurance industry.
Great Coworkers
Benefit Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTFebruary 5, 2019
I love the people that I worked with. The Upper Management didnt listen to what the work load REALLY was, and made a lot of decisions based on their perception of the numbers.
Pros
Great CoWorkers
Cons
Upper Management set unrealistic goals.
Disorganized,
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTJanuary 30, 2019
This company is very disorganized, makes promises that they have no intention of keeping.
You are not judged on your ability, but how popular you are.
Programs change almost daily and sometimes with out warning.
CLEARLINK and Connection Pointe are much better companies to work for if you want to work in insurance
Pros
Food trucks
Cons
Poor Leadership, Playing Favoritisms
Don’t waste your time
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2019
This place was hands down the ABSOLUTE WORST place I’ve ever worked. It took over 3 months to get me on the phone and I already had my license when I got there. The turnover is horrific and that includes management. They offer $14 with is THE LOWEST FOR CHARLOTTE HEALTH INSURANCE CALL CENTERS!!!!!! After cutting the bonus cap from $5300 to $1800 of your absolutely perfect, they rolled out an “incentive plan” which out of all of the campaigns in all 3 sites, less than 10 people actually achieved the lowest standard without the curve. They do outbound campaigns which aren’t apart of your job which reduces the inbound call volume. I went from averaging 15+ calls a day to 5 if I was lucky. And guess what!!! YOUR INBOUND CALL COUNT AFFECTS YOUR BONUS!!!! So they consistently set you up for failure but claim to actually care. If you need the money then this might work but don’t fool yourself. I guarantee you can do better.
Pros
Coworkers and my team lead
Cons
Literally everything else
GoHealth
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2019
Excellent opportunity to progress your career and align in an industry that is ever changing. Great foundation to understand all components of business.
relaxed work envirnoment
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2019
very relaxed sales environment . small room for advancement . In order to work for this company you have to be flexible with a open schedule . under compensated compared to other jobs in the same field of business
fun working enviroment
Following Government guide lines (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTJanuary 4, 2019
The job is mundane but I was able to learn about Medical Insurance.
I think that they could use more understanding with personal situations. The work culture is very relaxed. The hardest part of the job was making outbound calls and the most enjoyable was being able to help people.
My Experience
Charlotte - Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 1, 2019
At GoHealth I felt like I didn't really fit in with the culture. It was a highly competitive environment. I felt like I needed to leave on my terms before I was asked to leave.
Promises a lot but delivers a little
Licensed Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTDecember 23, 2018
Go Health made a lot of promises but rescinded them. They said that they based their promises on inflated numbers from the previous year. HR seemed to not know how to correct problems that they created.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor follow through
Fun work
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTDecember 19, 2018
fun to work at as long as you do the job; lots great people in management, even better coworkers; schedule is a bit annoying to fix; ping pong table in recreational room
New in the Area
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 14, 2018
This company is established on the East Coast, but needs to work out some kinks here in Utah. We were promised exceptional commission bonuses during the hiring process, which was summarily relinquished once we were hired.
Pros
Good pay, easy commute
Cons
Upper management is disorganized
Terrible training, terrible systems, awful upper management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTDecember 9, 2018
Terrible training, terrible systems, awful upper management. I have never seen such incompetence at high levels of management. Middle management may be OK, but no structure has been provided by upper management. No one knows what they are doing or what they are supposed to do.
Controlled chaos and not what was promised
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTDecember 7, 2018
We were told that 60k+ would be the mid-range. We were also told that there wouldn't be any outbound calls. Now it's 66% of our job. Outbound's come at rapid fire pace. The only teams that are doing well are the Captive and the Medicare teams. They do well and have the opportunity to make decent money (they have multiple products available to them). All other teams are substandard and very, very poorly equipped. So much turnover... Broken promises. They compete with companies who create cafeteria's and have great benefits, make the environment and downtime fun. At GoHealth, there are some microwaves, ice machines, mini
-deli with basics and coffee machines but nothing is free. You have to buy everything and with 30 min lunches, it's hard to leave the building (there are various food trucks that arrive for lunchtime).
I did enjoy the people there. They are good, hard working people. Management does their best to handle the chaos and the growing pains. If you get hired, don't let them put you on any team except the "Captive" or with the Medicare Group.
Pros
Some very good people
Cons
High turnover, job dissatisfaction, not what was promised and very few amenities
Good work place , lots to learn and supportive team leaders
Benefit Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2018
I started my journey at gohealth in august, 2018 after leaving another insurance company. And I can really say that at gohealth, I've learned a lot more through the extensive training I received and support from team leads . Also we work with systems set up to eliminate the hastle of all paperwork for every enrollment. Management and team leads are monitoring everything through these systems. Which is great in order to run a company more smoothly.
Pros
Ability to learn a lot more, training, coaching, simplicity of using their systems, lunch provided by company, support and okay pay. Plus bonuses
Cons
Can't think of any at the moment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GoHealth.

Powered by Comparably