GoHealth Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2018
It was very fast paced. The people were friendly but the rules were strict. I enjoyed my work schedule and benefits. The callers were eager, anger, but mainly just wanted to learn more.
Boring and hectic at the same time
Seasonal Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2018
I was hired temporarily for the Health Insurance Annual Enrollment Period which only lasts three months. Most of you time is spent training and preparing, which is very boring. When the actual enrollment period starts, it gets really hectic. Overall it was a good experience.
Pros
Good opportunity to make a lot of money in a short amount of time.
Cons
Only temporary and can be hectic at times.
Do not work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 8, 2018
This place was literally one of the worst experiences of my life . Extremely poor management who had completely unrealistic expectations . You can tell that most of them hate their jobs and working for this company.

The company lies about compensation by making a bunch of promises in the beggining and then changes it when you get there . They keep you in the dark about everything . They hire a bunch of people off the street who have no qualifications and get them licensed .

Do not work for this company I assure you will reegret it if you do .
Cons
Horrible management . High turnover
Great Company
Call Center Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2018
Relaxed. They treat you like an adult. Your two 15 minute personal time breaks are taken at your convenience. You fire yourself, meaning they give you all the rules for working there up front and it is up to you not to get over 60 points which fires you. No micro-management here.
Pros
Self paced Environment
Cons
Training on products need to be sharpened.
great coworkers
Member Services/Retention Specialist/Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2018
great place to work however plenty long hour days. Agents are sometimes the last to know about changes that occur and process of changes are very slow.
fast paced sales environment
Licensed Health Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2018
competitive sales driven position but friendly and relaxed atmosphere. no micro-management. frequent sales meeting about benefits, sales tips for improvement
(Run from) gohealth
More than an Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2018
Touted as one of the "Best Places to Work," take it from years of experience, it's not. Aside from the low pay and segregated work environments, the company's leadership looks at the staff as replaceable pawns. They don't care about the agents and it shows. They attempt to provide social examples lately, however, these are false representations of the internal workings of this company.

Take my advise... Apply somewhere else.
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
Too many to list
Laid back workplace
Insurance Sales Rep - Temp to Perm (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2018
The most laid back sales environment I've ever been in, seasonal hiring ensures there is always fresh talent.

The company has done a lot to progress in the form of competitive compensation.
Cons
30 minute lunches
relaxed
Seasonal Benefit Advisor/Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28262February 12, 2018
it was ok, if you are looking for a relaxed, competitive environment with ok pay. Try it out. During the Seasonal Enrollment Period you will get very few calls.
Bad ambiance, no work life balance and tons of politics
Operations & Sales Analytics Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2018
Don't go! The ambiance is toxic and whatever you do politics even incompetent will get ahead if you do not take part of the founding frat boys band... and follow their lifestyle...
Pros
So called unlimited vacations...
Cons
No work life balance at all and ingrate top management
GoHealth Can Go Back To Chicago
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2018
This company brought their scam down here from Chicago and are trying to get over on people. The only reason to accept employment with this company would be for the free license. DO NOT STAY FOR AEP. I worked at GoHealth from August 1st 2016 through 2018. I was not interviewed and I started as a permanent employee and later became seasonal. When I was first hired, GoHealth seemed very promising. The atmosphere was very upbeat and motivating. Most of the veteran team leads who helped the company open the Charlotte office were very helpful, professional and pleasant. After about a month, things became chaotic (lack of training, unwarranted attendance points, lack of communication about campaign assignments, unprofessional interactions with team leads) but I had exhausted my unemployment benefits and had no choice but to stay. This has nothing to do with me but, they are treating a lot f their more knowledgeable and seasoned employees unfairly. Upon this observation, I knew I would not be continuing my employment with this company after Open Enrollment. I tend to stay to myself and I am a very quiet person, however; I’ve had to come out of character more than once with a team lead that another review mentioned (he uses a lot of foul language ). Professionalism is NOT in their vocabulary and I could not take this place serious anymore. Fair warning to Corporate: You may want to make sure your employees (Human Resources/Workforce, Team Leads and Operations) are following the law to a “T”. I witnessed several violations (ie. unlicensed employees, retaliation, moldy air systems) and  more... if you’re not careful, you will be hit with a lawsuit.  less
Easy work no room for advancement.
Sale Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2018
They sell fixed Indemnity insurance which is a rip off and this whole company is a rip off. They hire seasonal workers and they want to to work really hard for gift cards and floor lunches. No benefits for seasonal employees.
Pros
Break room, nice area, decent base pay
Cons
Management, product being sold, hours
Nice place
Benefits Advisor/ Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2018
The job is pretty cool, it is very relaxed and the pay is decent. I would recommend this job but management can be disorganized at times and this can actually affect your job.
Pros
relaxed place, decent pay
Cons
management
This place is a joke...run!
Licensed Health Plan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2018
They make it sound like you will make thousands in commission. Plan on only making their minimum wage base salary, because the opportunity just isn't there.They will lay you off and you will have nothing to show for it.
ugh
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 28, 2017
systems crashed all the time. sales leads had no idea what was going on most of the time. contracts written on paper meant nothing to HR. checks were the only decent thing about this company
Another cheap company sacrificing the poor
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 27, 2017
Poor management support and consideration. Just an example; what company gives you a "paid holiday" for Thanksgiving and requires you to make up your time by working 10 hours per day, for 5 days, prior to the holiday; Go Health does... There is no manager ,executive or human resources Rep who stands up to protest this abusive system. You can be in the building, your computer isnt working therefore you can not sign in for work, and the manager is looking you in the face and wont, or is too scared to acknowledge the incident occurred even when you confirm with an email. The managers are there to corral the worker bees not support them in any possible way. I recall a team members' parent was dying and eventual passed away. The person did not have one single thing to do at Gohealth. We were just sitting there everyday watching the computer screen because our program was completed. We were waiting for another assignment. Go Health threatened my coworkers job if time off was taken to spend with the dying Parent. The coworkers parent was in Hospice with a few days to live and the person couldnt leave work because Go health was using the CoWorker to log in on the computer so they could get billable hours from a Gohealth client, even if we werent actually working on an account, they could bill the client because we were available to work, if needed. We didnt do anything for 30 days accept look out the window, she could have shared those few days with her family member. This is an ethics issues on many levels. Gohealth is not an exception to the corporate greed problem,  more... it is quite the norm. Lots of minorities work here at low wages. I came here due to many lies Gohealth made in recruiting. Lies about how much money the average agent was earning. Reviewing the "salaries tab" is a joke. Licensed agent make 14.00 per hour and most of the workers are seasonal. Last year, we made 12.00 per hour... You deserve better.  less
Pros
a job
Cons
too many to mention
Disorganized
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 27, 2017
In my very brief time spent here, I did the pre-licensing through GoHealth and got the job. However, it took almost two months before I was allowed to actually do my job. It was frustrating at times, if it wasn't a system issue there was a management issues. Upon my hiring I was told to bid for my shift but was never given the opportunity. If you wanted to take the risk go for it, it pays at $14 p/h but the compensation for application is sometimes rigged. So please beware.
Pros
Paid Holidays
it was okay
Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 26, 2017
it was okay but very unorganized. everything was all over the place with the management. only really took care of top 20 percent of workforce. this is all i got to say
Relaxed Setting
Tier 1 Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 18, 2017
I enjoy my job at GoHealth but there is very little chance for advancement if you don't want to sell insurance. The training is a complete joke but you do get paid for sitting around for the first while. The managers here are awesome and you get decent bonuses for attendance and call quality.

The most frustrating part of the job for me, aside from rude calls, is the way they handle attendance. They added points for being late/missing days when I was here and on time. I had to miss work due to a short notice but scheduled surgery and they didn't have a policy in place to approve that.
Pros
Relaxed Environment, Great Coworkers, Good Managers
Cons
Short Breaks, Insufficient Accommodations for Short Medical Leave
Awful Treatment
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2017
GoHealth sounds amazing and productive when you first start working there, but a few weeks in you begin to see that not only do the managers not care about their workers, but that they are willing to tread upon them at any given moment. They promise you bonuses but do their hardest to take those away from you by either scheduling overtime that "you don't have to do but you will get points...which will affect your bonus" or refusing to allow days off for anything you have planned and asked for weeks in advance. At first glance the company is cheerful and inviting, pingpong tables, mini golf around the floors, a cafe and vending machines in the lobby. But this is all a mask to hide that they consistently hire minority workers and then work them as much as they can within legal boundaries. All while doing their best to pay them as little as possible. This place is modern day, legal slavery. Just look at how all their workers are of color while their management is majority white. I would avoid this company at all costs. They are not about bringing people up or helping their customers. They are all about their sales and their money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.2Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

GoHealth Reviews by Location