GoJet Airlines

GoJet Airlines Employee Reviews

United States180 reviews

flightairlineattendantpilottravelflyinghotelregional

Great place toWork

Loved working at GoJet-felt like a realFamily!!!!Hours were reasonable. Could pick-up flight hours as desired; Ability to grow.Felt proud to be named ‘Flight Attendant of the Month’.Promoted to Check Airman after only 8 months.

Great job.

Great job they train on the spot for like two weeks so it was very helpful. Night shift was rough just due to it being slower and long shifts but overall it was amazing company to work for. They took care of the employees. We often got meals and company perks.

GoJet Airlines insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

My first MRO as an AP mechanic

I had a great time working at GoJet. Each person's experience is their own but mine was overall positive. At the end of the day my work ethic and work quality is what earned my respect. Sure it can help to be friends with management but what job isn't like that? Training was almost non existent from management but whenever they weren't busy with a top priority item, they helped me out in getting better at something. After I gained their trust I would be chosen to do more difficult tasks and would succeed and get quicker each time after. My peers were some of the coolest people I have ever had the chance to work with and were always the highlight of my day. I miss them all and the job as well. My family didn't want to relocate to STL so I had to leave after a year. I'll close in saying if you can make the best of it and are driven to be better than you were yesterday, you'll succeed. If not, go somewhere else. If you have an AP cert you can literally work almost anywhere in the world.

Pros

Great co-workers, job security, flight benefits

Cons

Probably could pay a little more to compete with other regionals

Stressful but fun. And Covid ruins everything

Most who work in Aircraft Dispatch know that it is going to be stressful. Usually when you just get your license it is understood that you will put in your two to three years at a regional and move on to the majors. Because of this the turn over rate is higher and the need to double check what others tell you is crucial. When Covid began to die down and we were called back to work, the company (probably the industry as a whole) ramped up to full operation without the supporting personnel. This made dispatching unsafe. I don't believe it was a true reflection on the company, just my experience due to Covid.

Pros

Great People, Great experience, and on bad IROP days they usually buy lunch.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard just to find the time to use the restroom.

Good place to learn

very good place to work and fun too , management back and forth It was a fun and interesting job. There were a lot of nice layovers for down time. The company put the safety of their crews a priority. Pay and benefits were sub standard. Crew scheduling had difficulty rearranging hotel accommodations periodically.

Even if you have no other option, find somewhere else

The leadership team from the very top is as toxic as any in existence. They have no real leadership experience outside of this one airline that they have worked at (almost all in CS roles) and have absolutely no idea how to make a prudent business decision. As a result literally every decision is made as crisis management, months or years after a prudent decision should have been made. Even at that stage, the decision made is often the incorrect one. It is unsurprising that this leadership team has already driven 3/4 of their companies out of business, and GoJet itself is not very far behind.

Easy place to work

Very relaxed atmosphere, good people, not the best pay or benefits. I am told need a minimum of one hundred and fifty characters. So I guess I'll just ramble...

No communication

I have worked there for 3 years as a direct entry captain and a ground/sim instructor, the management communication is non existent, no training syllabus, you make your own as you go, students do not know what to expect, hotels are not available for students until they arrive to find out the hotel is full!!!Pay was just raised to other regionals level just to find the competition raising the bar again.This airline has to hire Australians since they cannot find pilots in the USA, they will close or merge by the end of 2022 for lack of !!!If you are starting your career, try skywest, they have been in business for much longer and will survive.

Horrible place to work.

Don’t do it. This is not a good place to work. They don’t communicate well and they aren’t fond of “colors”. They will fire you with no warning or explanation and have you thinking the company is better than it is.

Easy hire, albeit demanding

As an office employee, if you are reliable and consistent, the job security is outstanding. Additionally you will be given much more responsibility quickly if deserved; being compensated properly, is a different story. Also known for deleting positions of advancement or not allowing advancement.

Ok experience

Not too bad of of an experience, but decided this wasn’t the job for me at the moment! But try it anyway you may love everything about it! Loved meeting new people

Love flying. Great crew mates

Our A/C are so fun to work. Crew are wonderful to work with and pax are pleasant Short trips. Shorter layovers hotels lower rating. Lower pay scale

Pros

Shorter trips. Nice pax. Good crews

Cons

Low pay health Benefits are not good hotels are lower rated

Good workplace to start and learn.

Would recommend starting here with no experience. People are great. Typically everyone helps each other out. Place is pretty good at working with you on taking days off and then you mske them up.

Lots of great people to work with

Great place to work. Very stable, with lots of overtime opportunities. Offer lunch sometimes if goals are met. typically management lets you do your work.

Pros

lots of overtime opportunities

Cons

overwhelming workload

Training for a Flight Attendant was terrible. Had a new instructor, formally a Flight Attendant with no experience in training.

Management was very young inexperienced people. Made no attempt to work with new hires. They enjoyed failing people. Pushed around their authority with pleasure. Laked professionalism and training was unorganized. Bad idea having one a Flight Attendant with 50 people. GoJet is a political place to train and work. If they don't like you your GONE!

Pros

None, other than training with a group of wonderful people

Cons

Low pay, training was terrible with a new instructor who knew nothing

Decent place to learn, better than most regionals

My experience has been great so far. Workload is decent, somedays are harder than others but to me it is averaged out well. My managers and leads will answers calls and texts within 24hrs and they are understanding (I have made mistakes before). It seems that there are only 1 or 2 very experienced people per shift so the total experience is kind of low with the new people. Work is 12 hr shifts from 7 to 7, Overtime is limited. Everyday is slightly different so you wont be completely repeating every workday.We do not get night shift premiumsOverall I would recommend this company for A&P Mechanics. They pay based on experience so you can come in maxed out if you have a few years. This company is the second best paying regional behind endeavor airlines, my salary as a new mechanic with 0 years is 30/hr.We are the only airline to fly the CRJ 550 which is really good since we dont touch the CRJ 200.

Pros

Pay, work life balance, United flight benefits, small community, other mechanics treat you fairly

Cons

Benefits are rather poor, 1 year probation period. limited overtime

Don't do it.

Especially don't do MXC the management will work to sabotage you at every step. They are petty, self serving, and vindictive. Put in a lot of time worked there many years just to be thrown out like trash. I have nothing good to say about this place they put the worst of their people forward to be in charge and wonder why nobody is interested in coming to work for them.

Pros

Free flights

Cons

They will make sure your time is spent as close to h3ll as possible.

Go somewhere else

If you want to be overworked, your days off taken away from you, have no real time to yourself because when you do have off you need to do errands and chores, and be underpaid and not be notified when there's been changes to your pay schedule, by all means come here. Highly recommend to work in any other airline the travel benefits are not worth being here. You will not have time to actually use them and you will be so underpaid when you do have time you can't afford it anyway. This is a business and you're not treated like a person, the customers matter more. Forget about getting professional answers from higher ups, takes forever and full of excuses (yet your excuses are unacceptable).

Pros

Crew is nice to each other

Cons

Horrible pay, no work/life balance

Low Pay

The pay is at or below the poverty line for full time pay as a flight attendant. The Job great, travel was great, hotels where great. I had no issues with anything except for the poverty wages.

Hired as direct Captain entry/ street Captain

I don’t know recommend working for this company. They very much try to fail you so you can stay with them, not to move further in your career. My advice to you stay away, better find other regional has better quality of life and guarantee you some flow to legacy.Aviate— interview to United is joke, don’t believe in it.

Pros

Captain pay, nothing else

Cons

Flight training culture is they try to make you fail, so you can stay within, the company, and not to move somewhere

Good job

Good work experience any beginner flight attendant should experience before working for a major airline. Loved working here for the whole three years I spent working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
1.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight