Gold's Gym
65Average
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Gold's Gym:

Gold's Gym Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA9 reviews
Found 9 reviews matching the search with 11 related reviews.
Good
It was great. You got to set your own schedule. It was exciting meeting new people and getting to know them and helping them on their journey to become healthier.
All they care about is money and selling
All they care about is selling personal training packages don’t care about employees or the clients just want to sign people up. Turn over rate is unreal.
Pros
Cons
Management, unfair treating, bad pay, no benefits, harassment.
Great Place to Teach Group X
High expectations for instructors and a culture of excellence Instuctor team was always supportive of each other. Member experience always the priority
Pros
membership
A great place to learn sales if you are motivated to work in the fitness industry.
I worked for a franchise so my experience may differ from someone at corporate Gold's Gym locations. I hit the phones for 50 plus calls a day. Prospected the local area for new leads. Got referrals from members and took walk-ins. I would also do corporate events as well. The culture was loose and fun for the most part. You are in a gym so everyone is normally in a good mood. That's what I loved. The hard part was trying to get forward in terms of sales and promotion. That could also be my fault too.
Pros
Meeting athletes, Gym membership is free, Community events, Sales Training.
Cons
Lack of pay and promotion
productive and fun
great environment and the managers were very understanding. a typical day would be training the customers and or doing group sessions its a really fun working environment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
nothing i can think of
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
box gym
They were going through changes in upper management and dealing with issues. over all an ok place to work for. Great for newly grad students looking to enter into the sales world
Day on the job
Day on the job consist of making sure all equipments are clean and in their rightful place. That all the customers check in with me along with me giving them instructions on where everything are.
Productive and fun to communicate with customers on a daily basis.
I was at the front desk and I would greet customers, lead them to the sales associates, fold towels, scan the gym for any messes, open and close the gym.

Management was very friendly and taught me how to do my job well and efficiently.

The hardest part of the job was learning everything on the job. Learning how to use the equipment and the different protocols of the gym was very challenging.
Pros
Free gym pass, relaxed, friendly management.
Cons
Long shifts, working alone, hectic.
Energetic atmosphere
Gold's Gym provides employees with an energetic, high stimuli workplace. The employees have great relationships with each other, as well as with our members. More information upon request.