Gold's Gym Employee Reviews

Found 1,798 reviews matching the search See all 2,097 reviews
Welcoming and inviting workplace
Assistant Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 21, 2018
Gold's Gym has many doors of opportunity for well drivin personal trainers who look to expand their knowledge and experience in the health and wellness industry. Very professional workplace.
The summary of my job at gold gym.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 21, 2018
When I worked there my job was to make sure that the entire gym was clean. I would make sure that the gym was safe to work out in. But the management was horrible.
Very Productive
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 19, 2018
Loved working here and loved the people I worked with. You always had something to do and great people to work with and friendly gym members. I loved my job here and It was so hard to quit.
Pros
great staff and members
Cons
no cons
work, sleep, repeat
Kid's Club Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 19, 2018
pretty relaxed except for the fact that people come in and out like a revolving door. The amount of new staff that gets flooded in and out all the time is insane. no one ever stays and if they do, it's bc the gym is their whole life.
Pros
free membership
Cons
low pay
great intern job
PT STUDENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 18, 2018
loved it, met sooo many cool people, learned alot, tons of hands on experience, one of the coolest jobs ive had, even if it was just an internship....
Pros
free gym membership and discounts
Cons
sad my internship ended
Fun and healthy environment
Senior Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 18, 2018
I enjoyed the job, club members, and the use of the facility. I however did not like the nonavailability for promotion or increase in pay with an increase of duties and responsibilities.
Pros
Free use of gym
Cons
bad regional management
Great, loyal members.
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 17, 2018
From the start there was high management turnover with many essential positions (GGX manager, for instance) being eliminated. This made it difficult to communicate with management and harder to get needs met as an instructor.
Laid back work place
Front Desk Receptionist/Baby sitter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2018
Communication isn’t clear with management, management isn’t there most of the time, management rely on employees to manage everything / do their job. It’s a great company, the culture is friendly to any community, but it’s more stressful than it seems working there. On the upside you will meet people, develop knowledge in the fitness industry, and grow a trust with the members and others in the community. You will be apart of something bigger than just your life. it’s an overall great company but like any other business I guess management gets comfortable with their job, authority, and how much of an asset to the company they are. No offense to the Golds gym or any one who works there. Don’t be opposed to doing things against the policy and rules to keep your job and good outlook with management. Agree with doing things that could get you into to trouble ,if you did them alone, if someone else is doing it. Try to fit in and kiss butt and you should keep your job. Be there when they need you, but when you ask for more hours they will say something about hour cuts. The place is always out of supplies, never has supplies on time to keep clean. But overall through all the horrible times I’ve had here, I’ve had some good days, I made the best out of the worst days.
I continued to strive even when I felt that the work environment was hostile and everyone looked at me strangely or found no favor in me and the managements way of resolving things was not working or fair. Working here has changed my life, the pay sucks especially when housing in the area is as expensive as it is. Although
  more... the lives and people you will encounter; the different people in the community who join the gym to keep in shape, stay healthy and train... will be worth it in a way. You will definitely practice valuing others above yourself at all times. love, strength and wellness is the somewhat motto of the gym. I enjoyed working there a lot , I’ve met so many great people from all over the world.
The best part was being apart of a business that welcomes people from everywhere to work out. The gym is literally for any gym person, not just bikini competitors or body builders but for beginners, first timers, one nighters , visitors and travelers from anywhere ... I tried my best to support the company while I was there and that mattered most to me. I’m thankful for the opportunity to have worked at one of the greatest commercial gyms in the world. It was a blessing. The experience will always be a souvenir of the efforts I gave, opportunities I took advantage of and lives I became apart of while working there. God bless them.
Pros
Free membership, discount
Cons
Hard work, Low pay, no raise, no PTO, Management, co workers, work environment
Fun invirement to work at. Great workout
BollyX Instructor (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 16, 2018
I enjoy working with others. I have great communication skills interacting with others at the gym. I love dancing with participants at the gym. Love seeing participants happy after a great BollyX workout.
I rate Gold's Gym five stars.
Pros
Free membership to the gym as an employee
Cons
Great pay
Excellent Stepping Stone
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 15, 2018
Advance quickly by accomplishing tasks at your own pace. Cooperative work environment that fosters collaboration and friendly competition. Management wants to see you succeed.
Fun and stressful
Front Desk managment (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 14, 2018
A typical day at work would be answering back to customer emails, reviewing paperwork and greeting customers. I learned a lot about time management and how to hire. The hardest part of the job would be to make sure the staff does what they need to be doing and making sure customers pay their memberships. The best part would be how my staff and i are like family.
Pros
free membership
Cons
too much responsibilities and very little pay
awesomw
Gold’s Gym (Maintenance -food prep) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2018
a typical day I was required to make smoothies for incoming customers always on my feet. Uniform was a must! Funny upbeat job got to keep my tips from customers funny great jobs
fun and energetic workplace
Front Desk receptionist/ kids club associate (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDOctober 11, 2018
this was my first job and been there for almost 8 years. i had so much fun and the workers and members were just as nice. out of all the jobs I've had golds is probably the best one I've had.
Not a good work environment
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 10, 2018
A toxic environment, with corrupt management. Terrible management, greedy sales managers and sales team, terrible hours, very rude and unprofessional staff.
pleasant workplace (left 2015)
MEMBER SERVICES/FRONT DESK (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 9, 2018
golds gym in wintergreen plaza in rockville was a nice environment to work in. Would sometimes be needed to work shifts at other locations. It was very fast paced at peak hours, taught me how to multitask at a young age.
Great Company
Membership Advisor (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 9, 2018
Gold's Gym is a great company, the one I work at at least. Great management great team, great district manager. Pay is a little low but if you want a low stress environment where they push for individuality as well as team work this is a job you would like to work at.
Fun workplace with a passion for health and fitness
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2018
Great collaborative place to work! There is a fire sparking teamwork that upholds the company's Vision, Values, Culture. Each person's position adds value to the workplace.
Pros
Dicounts
Cons
Hours
Just a numbers game
Sales Associate/Wellness Coach (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 5, 2018
Company is in the wellness business, but you would never know that working there. Senior management is completely out of touch with what they profess to be the mission.
Not worth the stress
Child Care (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 3, 2018
Over worked and under paid. The management was spastic and unorganized. Upper level management were unappreciative of part-time help. They didn't want "ugly people" working for them.
bad management
ASSISTANT FITNESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 30, 2018
Once starting at Gold's I was thrown into the mix without proper training. I wasn't told basic things for example how to properly log things in the system. The management was not very poor as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gold's Gym. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight