Gold's Gym Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,640 reviews matching the search See all 1,875 reviews
fun
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 21, 2018
I loved working at Golds Gym. The other staff members were always very professional and the management was laid back. Along with working there they also provide a free gym membership
Pros
free gym
Cons
na
Loved my bosses and coworkers
Fitness Specialist III Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2018
Everyone that I worked with here was extremely pleasant. I was so sad when I had to leave because I had such a strong connection with everyone. It's rare to find that kind of friendship in a workplace. This place truly felt like family.
Pros
Awesome people, clients, coworkers, bosses
Cons
No PTO, long days
Wonderful
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILJune 19, 2018
Members were almost always nice, if they weren't it was reasonable for their frustration. Manager is one of the best managers i've ever worked with. Very nice and sociable and works well around your schedule, but knows how to be strict when they need to be. Culture is very friendly and welcoming.
nice
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 19, 2018
it was a nice place to work. It wasn't tough or required much labor. getting to workout for free was nice. overall not really any complaints besides it closing down.
Pros
free workout
Cons
closed
Fantastic experience
Team Member (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 13, 2018
No complaints, awesome supportive culture that is moving farther in the right direction every day. I LOVE the leadership team and the different department leaders and managers!
Maintenance department (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJune 12, 2018
I worked for Gold's Gym for 7 years! The staff and management are fantastic people would highly recommend to anyone! It was a pleasure to work in a friendly, health oriented environment!
Pros
Good wages, grate health benefit, healthy work environment, friendly staff and management
Slow Paced work environment where only the top management gets benefits
Club Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2018
Employees are typically required to do excess work for little pay. Management and employees were in and out like a revolving door as everyone would get frustrated with the work environment. Some people were great to work with and it was a nice idea of working for a company that provides health encouragement to its customers.
Enjoyable
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 6, 2018
Enjoyable
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  James Island, SCJune 6, 2018
From the moment I was contacted by management I have been very pleased with the interaction of the company, staff, and customers.I would recommend the company to others looking to start their career or make a change.
Fun work place
Regional Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2018
Fast paced environment which sometimes caused long hours. You definitely were rewarded for hard work. Management was supportive. The hardest part of the job was long hours. The best part of the job was the supportive people surrounding you.
Pros
Free gym membership and personal traning
job
front desk (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 5, 2018
i love my job here and the people i work with. this is my element and i dont plan on leaveing and wouldnt change it for the world, everyone here is like family
Fun place to work.
Front Desk Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 30, 2018
Had so much fun working here! My management team was awesome, I was sad to leave. They don't really offer you balance between work and family. The job is very demanding and cut throat.
fun place to work
Nutritionist and Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2018
I enjoyed Gym mainly because the opportunities to upgrade my skills was a big factor. Working there was fast paced and fun. I particularly enjoyed all the people I worked with and the clients.
Pros
All the work apportunaties.
Cons
Not having more time to work there
good
Kids Club Aide (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 29, 2018
it was a ok place to work.. I liked the girls I worked with and thought very highly of them all. I also liked the parents and how I got to work out for free with me being a employee.
Pros
people/coworkers
Cons
hours
this job would not be one i would recomend to anyone i know
Kids Club Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2018
a typical day at work would include clock in and cleaning up before opening your section of the gym. I learned patience and that somethings you just have to put up with. the workplace culture is not a very good one , their time management was bad and only pertained to the main employees such as the mangers. the most enjoyable part of the job for me would be getting to interact with other people and children.
Competitive
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bailey's Crossroads, VAMay 25, 2018
Low pay for a lot of work. Very competitive about membership goals. Full time employment comes with benefits and paid time off. Paid time off is under a use it or lose it system.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
competitive
Easy Place
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAMay 25, 2018
Golds Gym is a great place to work. It is a laid back job if you do your job correctly. The plus is a free membership and the discounts. The people you meet at golds gym are one of kind.
productive
Kid Club Daycare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 25, 2018
Golds is a good job to have if you are in school and/or have a family. They are really understanding if you have to leave or take off to be with your kids. It's also easy work.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
bad pay
From one GM to Another, Results still the same
Front Desk Associate, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMay 25, 2018
Gold's Gym in the Saint Louis District was completely erratic from the get go. The GM was never there, since he was a salaried employee. Everything fell on the Front Desk and Sales Associates, who were not able to or even had the ability to deal with membership complaints or issues. Once that GM was "fired" it took several months to get another incompetent GM who lasted a month before eventually being "fired". We then waited 2 more months for another GM and actually had a lot of success with a very inexperienced crew and had a great work environment going and we were hitting all of our sales goals. Gold's then decides to take away the current business model, eliminating several well paid positions, and did not reward anyone for the work they had done for the past 6 months. When we eventually got a new GM he fired some of the staff and the rest left. This job comes with a high turnover rate in this area and the majority of GM's are without personalities and all about hitting sales goals with no regards to anything else. They could care less about their employees and even less about members and their $$.
Terrible place to work
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 24, 2018
Where do I even start? It's sad that Gold's Gym doesn't care about retaining good people for the positions they hire. Corporate will find any reason to fire you, especially if you are good at your job.

This is a poorly run company that relies on increasing prices 3x/year yet does nothing to increase the value of its personal training services, equipment, overall gym cleanliness, or staff.

Gold's Gym has terrible turnover and they expect new membership sales consultants to be fine making $8 an hour when they could make more money at the Wendy's down the street. How can you expect them to sell $70-80 training sessions in Knoxville, TN when you can go anywhere else and find them cheaper with better valued trainers? You have $40 trainers being sold for $70. The value isn't there, and Gold's doesn't care on getting its trainers or the rest of their staff better.

The business model is completely flawed and corporate sits on their high horses trying to just fire people because they are terrified to lose their jobs.

Don't work here. The pay might be nice, but the toxic environment is enough to make anyone stay away.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gold's Gym. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight