Gold's Gym Employee Reviews

Found 1,932 reviews matching the search See all 2,250 reviews
Honestly if not for manager and lack of hours daily it would be great
SANITATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDMarch 16, 2019
The manager is horrible the job is great and easy I'd you work wit a good pace but team work isnt the best but all of those are still hundreds of times better than the manager she's rude, inconsiderate, extremely defensive, and has a my-way-or-the-highway mindset. Honestly the worst manager I've had ever. Other than that the job itself is an ideal part time wit low hours generally 4 a day n a set weekly schedule with bi weekly pay
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Horrible manager
Funfilled place to work.
Assist General Manager in daily office operations (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 16, 2019
Ive learned a great deal while working at Golds , and also staying in shape with the many classes and weight training programs they offer. Met some fabulous people in my tenure their..and my most enjoyable aspect is helping people in various areas around the gym. While it can be a fast paced environment its also a fun and exciting .
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
never enough towels
Great gym
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 15, 2019
Great gym with lots of traffic and potential clients. It would have been better if there was more teamwork among the trainers. The atmosphere wasn't the best.
Fast paced but management is poor
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 14, 2019
While the gym itself is a great place to work, there is no development of you into your job. There is no training or formal on boarding. It makes it very difficult.
Great place with great atmosphere
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMarch 14, 2019
My day always begins checking messages via email or our communication system. Following up and contacting new leads. Assisting members with any issues, process new agreements and memberships. The culture was fast paced yet fun. Hitting team goals always most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Great people, beautiful facility help people achieve results
High stress, hostile environment, dishonest sales tactics, micromanagement
Membership Sales (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAMarch 14, 2019
working at this place was a nightmare. the turnover rate is unheard of and the amount of stress put on the membership salesmen for what little advertising the company does is absurd. the owners constantly cut the budget of advertising and commission while pushing us to sell more memberships. It was also hard to feel good about what i did at the end of the day. I'd close every deal knowing that if the potential member actually knew all the details about the agreement that they would MOST CERTAINLY look elsewhere.
Pros
Laid back because the business is extremely slow
Cons
you have the owners/managers breathing down your throat 24/7, High stress, Low pay
Great culture but there is always room for improvement
Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAMarch 14, 2019
I enjoy working for Gold's Gym--my team at the Hollywood location (my home location), and the team at Glendale are wonderful, as are my clients and class participants. I struggle with the pay rates and benefits as the cost of living in the Los Angeles area is very expensive, and Gold's does not provide competitive pay versus some of the other gyms. I am very loyal to the organization and just wish they would consider reevaluating our compensation.
Productive and Creative Workplace
Kid's Club Team Member (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMarch 14, 2019
Being responsible for all of the kids that come into the area is key and making sure they are engaged in something to do. Maintaining eyesight on all kids to communicate their whereabouts. You can be relaxed at some points during the job but when kids start piling in, you have to be on the point of your toes.
buen ambiente de trabajo
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2019
buena gestion por parte de la manager que estaba en ese momento, buen ambiente de trabajo
Pros
no muy buena remuneracion
Cons
no aumento de salario
Personal Training
Group fitness instructor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 13, 2019
Working at Golds gym was great i would meet new people and go about helping them on the path to a healthier lifestyle. I taught youth classes which were amazing and I enjoyed helping children get stronger and grow. I helped many people loose fat and gain muscle and that was the greatest reward. Unfortunately the company and management are shady they lie to people who want personal training and lock them into contracts they cannot afford or get out of. Thats why i left the had increased their rhetoric and lied more and more.

Want to know more about Gold's Gym?

Ask a question
Co-workers make it better
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2019
The only good part I enjoyed was the co-workers that I had Experienced there. The Management in this place was very shady in its dealing with the money and clients.
Great when I worked there 25+years ago
Aerobics instructor, receptionist, member services (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMarch 11, 2019
When I was employed at Gold's Gym, the facility was clean and organized. Personal training was offered by independent contractors. I was hired as an aerobics instructor, receptionist, and facility maintainence which included wiping down tanning beds and weight equipment, vacuuming, and tidying up locker rooms after hours.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Limited hours therefore limited income
Great team work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 11, 2019
Wonderful place to work. Great management. If I hadn't moved I would still be working there. The work day went by fast. Fast paced environment and always something to do.
Pros
Great team work.
Cons
Need to have longer shift
Productive safe friendly
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 11, 2019
Loved working there. Safe friendly environment. Plenty of discounts. Lots of educational opportunities and experience opportunities. Great staff and supervision
Dont know what to say..
Kids Club Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX 75080March 9, 2019
I had applied to be a clerk/receptionist but i was put to work for kids club. I did asked to my manager if i would get started training to become a clerk and was told yes. Only 2 days i was trained and i was put to kids club because i was a mom myself, did not apply to take care of other kids other than mine.
Toxic Work Environment
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 6, 2019
Management at my particular location (Westview) was very poor. There was little respect given to employees, poor communication in terms of scheduling and fair distribution of work. Little care is also given to the equipment and resources available at the gym, making work for employees difficult and the satisfaction of the gym among clients poor as well.
Pros
Free membership for you and one other person
Cons
Benefits are expensive, poor management
fun place
Kid's Club Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 4, 2019
I love babies. good job. fun place. good people. safe area. good team. like to work out. easy to talk to. flexible . you get a discount. i worked 4 hours on mon and wed.
loved it !
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLMarch 1, 2019
Great job, great people, great environment. You can be yourself and its very healthy and stable when pertaining to the work itself. You can feel good about working here.
Good company
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 28, 2019
Nothing but good to say about the comapany. Good managment and the people are awesome! NO negatives and you will quickly become frineds with the members
No Corporate Management
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 28, 2019
The corporate office never paid their bills resulting in the electric being turned off multiple times, equipment being repossessed and paychecks not being on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gold's Gym. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight