Gold's Gym Employee Reviews

Found 1,745 reviews matching the search See all 2,032 reviews
Sad Decline
Daycare and Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 15, 2018
This started as a great place to be and rapidly declined with the new management. The staff had not direction and it was not longer the Gold's Gym of legend.
One of the best jobs i've had
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2018
fun experience . great for anyone who loves fitness and trying to get their foot in the door. members are great. atmosphere was positive. would highly recommend
A place to get your foot in the door
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 13, 2018
If you are looking to gain some personal training/group exercise experience, this is the place. They provide you with training on how to sell pt, provide excellent customer service, etc.
Ineffective leadership
Assistant GM (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2018
Upper management struggled to provide department heads with appropriate support. I think it really depends on who your district manager is but a majority of my co-workers were unhappy with how we were spoken to. No one wants to go to meetings when its just pointing fingers.
Fun workplace and experience
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 13, 2018
Personally love working here just need to move onto fdifferent things that’ll help me reach my dreams and goals! I would continue to work here but I am looking to relocate.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Not my style of working
Bodybuilding set gym, good management
Lead Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 12, 2018
Fun place to work, not stressful. Goal oriented and focused on promoting team members into starting a successful career. I wish they were op n more to provide more hours for bottom line employees to work
Waived member fees
Childcare worker (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORAugust 10, 2018
A day at work I would provide basic child care needs while parents were exercising in the gym facility. Management was horrible. The staff was upbeat for the most part and got along we another
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
management was horrible, work hours were iffy
Fun and energetic
Operations (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 9, 2018
It was not the perfect job but it was enjoyable. Get to meet lots of new and different people. Flexible scheduling, good job for college kids/ kids out of high school.
Friendly people kept gym clean
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 9, 2018
My experience at golds gym was okay it wasn’t the best but also not the worse. The people were nice to a certain extent. Employees acted like they were the manager and told you what to do when it was not their place. Horrible with working with Schedules.
Pros
Kids kept me busy
Cons
People were rude
No need to expect any promotion unless liked.
Front Desk Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDAugust 9, 2018
Unless HR correct the behavior of management the turn over will be constant. The manager is demeaning and condescending. This maybe cute to some but it is not professional when approaching members. There is no growth here. The gym make more money than the staff but want the staff to sell memberships. Some people pay guest passes some dont.
Pros
Free workout
Cons
Cleaning staff, lack of concern for members accounts, dont believe in calling back, expect his staff to handle his problems, never available during times of business when most needed

Want to know more about Gold's Gym?

Ask a question
Stable environment
v Porter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for Golds Gym and would seek another opportunity to resume a career in that industry. The people were always friendly and encouraging.
Good as a starting job
Kids club associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2018
They didn’t give me too many hours they were working the people who had kids more then me and the people would bring their kids in since I worked kids club and they would pay more attention to their children of course and me being the only one without a child had more work cut out for me.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
High stress, not enough help, too laxed
Learned Alot
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2018
During my time at Golds Gym I had the chance to work with great people and learn great things. Although the end of my work experience was not the best I'm grateful for the experience.
High stress career with benefits
Expert Trainer/CPT/Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 7, 2018
Gold's Gym is one of the better corporate gyms to work. But corporate gyms come with a lot of monthly revenue and sessions goals that must be met. If a trainer does not meet those goals, they will not make much money. If you are not "on call" 24 hours a day every day, you will not make those goals. If you do not make those goals, you will not be successful.

I would say Gold's pay is better than average but still not enough to sustain living standards and save for someone who has student loan debt. It takes a very long time to build clientele and is very difficult to keep it even for the best trainers.

Management is constantly changing from low level managers to high national level management. It can cause difficulties in the work environment.

Competing against the other CPTs and the current member base can be extremely difficult. But a good team can make the work environment better. I had a pretty good team. I worked very hard for years to build up my clientele and keep them and got to a place where I made good money. But I was always tied to my clients. That should be expected in this career.
Pros
Control over schedule. Self-initiated career growth.
Cons
Always on. No confidence in monthly income. Competitive.
Very busy workplace, very little support from upper management and corporate.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Venice, CAAugust 7, 2018
It is a very cut throat company. Very little training provided. Facility is extremely old, not up to OSHA standard, bugs all throughout facility including cleaning closets. Corporate cut management positions in June 2018. Member issues were rarely taken care of when reaching out to customer care department on behalf of the member. Company started to go down hill within the last year and a half.
Pros
Free membership.
Cons
Cut throat, not paid correctly, very little training provided.
it was fine.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 5, 2018
Golds can be good or bad depending on the location. There is an extremely high turnover rate, and you don't join the organization with the expectation of making a "good living".
Fast-Paced Gym with Good Pay and Benefits
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  TXAugust 4, 2018
A typical day at work is a fast-paced ever changing 9 am -7 pm
Being able to find alternate solutions on the fly is key
Management is also largely responsible for sales
The hardest part of the job is finding a work/life balance
The most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of changing lives
Pros
The gym envirnoment is fun
Cons
Work/Life balance is super tough
A great job for a new employee getting into the work field
Front desk associate / sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXAugust 4, 2018
A great first job if you're just coming out of High School.
Everyone is friendly.
Slow paced and relaxed environment.
You will ask your boss for something to do if you work front desk, hint the job is very easy to learn.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
No pay raises
great place to start
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, TNAugust 4, 2018
this is a great place to get started for a career in the fitness industry. customer relation skills help you become successful in membership sales and to make more money through commision.
Pros
free membership
Cons
no room to move up
Doesn't respect work/home life
General Manager of Personal Training (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 31, 2018
Managers are on steroids and every day is a roller coaster. High turnover due to leaders not setting the example, they will use you up and spit you out.
Pros
free gym

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gold's Gym. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight