Goldberg Segalla Employee Reviews

Extremely stressful and unpleasant
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 12, 2018
Everything they put upon you and the expectations is unbalanced. There is no structural stability. They're created the employees manual as they go along. They place people in managerial positions without the experience. Staff is never acknowledged for great work. The bonus' & medical benefits are the absolute worse. If you are looking for longevity & stability this is not the place.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No stability, medical benefits, bonus, no acknowledgment & non-exempt(they will fire you without reason)
Great place to work.
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 19, 2017
This is a great place to start your career! Many people complain about the firm because they want better benefits, etc. However, other firms don’t give any. They are flexible with your hours as long as you work 8hrs a day. Overtime is always paid!
Pros
Goldberg always finds an excuse to feed us! Breakfast on them every Friday.
Cons
The snacks in the kitchen are too healthy. Lol.
Flexible and friendly work environment
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2018
The company is pretty flexible for employees. People work and help together. Management team is friendly and easy to approach. There are different activities and events.
Not the best
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 14, 2017
Heavy workload, lack of organization within the firm, poor benifits. Work week is 40 hours not including lunch. Structure with in the organization is needed along with competitive pay.
Pros
Casual dress
Cons
Benifits, pay, 40 hour work week not including lunch
Beware! Not what it seems.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 10, 2018
Worked at this firm for quite some time. Loved the people, attorney’s and my job. As soon as the firm grew, They hired HR people without the appropriate experience to run things. That’s when things started to go wrong!. I don’t understand how their motto is credible even to them. Their motto is at team GS everyone achieves much success, which is just a lie! So sorry that I gave them all I had. Their loss!
Pros
Free food, casual dress code
Cons
8 hour work day with 10 hours worth of work and no overtime
Productive with high pressure environment
Subpoena Clerk / Overflow (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 10, 2018
My typical day at work started with sending pending subpoenas to the process server then noting it in the case info sheet. I then would prepare any subpoenas requested by the attorney or paralegal. I learned how to work quickly yet efficiently and how to file documents with the court online. Management were very professional but their expectations were almost unreal. The hardest part of the job was being given too many tasks then management expected me to keep up with everything which seemed impossible. The most enjoyable part of the job was being left alone and not being micromanaged.
Pros
Building was very secure, free breakfasts on Friday.
Cons
Only the attorneys were recognized publicly for their accomplishments, never the administrative or support staff.
Borderline Corrupt Management and Extreme Micromanagement
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 6, 2018
The firm spends a tremendous amount of money enticing new hires by flying them to the main office in Buffalo, NY where they drastically exaggerate their TEAM GS propaganda. Later, employees find out that "team-work" to GS is simply a tool for manipulation. The firm is not managed by legal professionals, but instead by human resources "generalists" who have ZERO legal experience. Yet these individuals set policy and procedure for legal practice. The attorneys have little to no say when it comes to fighting with HR, and I say fighting because that is the ONLY relationship possible. HR exists at Goldberg Segalla solely to stifle and micromanage. The company fosters a culture of backstabbing, manipulation, lying and sabotage. Don't be fooled. There is NO TEAM at Goldberg Segalla.
I will say that the attorneys at GS are phenomenal. Kind, thoughtful, extremely smart, patient and truly interested in the growth and success of their support - but unfortunately that means nothing because HR and management will stifle and sabotage every single attempt they make for recognition.
There is a very vague employee handbook that lacks policies and procedures for crucial elements, yet HR and management are extremely liberal in handing out punishment and reprimand for policies that don't exist - or that they make up as they go along. Furthermore, the Hartford office has installed cameras to monitor the employees. The office is on the 11th floor of a secure building so there is no risk for danger or violence and has never once had any incidents. The cameras are there only to micromanage.
The
  more... medical coverage costs are OUTRAGEOUS, parking isn't reimbursed (and very expensive in downtown), there is no case management system, the computers and network are a decade behind the standard and there is NO useful or relevant support.
Goldberg prides itself by "doing things differently" than other firms of its size but have failed to recognize that in their pursuit of individuality, they have overlooked and forsaken very crucial, very pivotal pillars of legal practice. You'll get bagels on Friday, but that is ALL you'll get.
Pros
bagels on Friday morning
Cons
complete and total lack of human respect and dignity from HR to staff.
Okay People but Horrible Management
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2015
It was very easy for me to get lured in by how nice everyone is when you first get there, BUT kindness doesn't pay bills. They don't pay for Manhattan they pay for New York state, the reason for this is because our head office is in Buffalo so they don't account for NYC pay. Bonus was $200 - $500 for support staff to associates which is unheard of in law firm. The workload is manageable but there is no real communication with upper management. We are managed by Buffalo and there is no one to address our issues. Hardly any days off before major holiday, 9 hour+ work day, NO OVERTIME pay, even though there are regular overtime hours.
Pros
Good Workers
Cons
Low Pay comparing to other firms
Start up law firm - extremely stressful
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Buffalo,NYMay 20, 2013
Left a firm of Saperston & Day with 29 other co-workers to assist with a start up law firm as a paralegal. Helped them move into new offices and set up offices and brought family members to assist.
Work given was overwhelming without backup assistance. The stress and pressure caused me to leave on a medical disability.
Pros
To be able to work with people I had worked with for 25 years
Cons
No assistance for too many files and too much stress

Want to know more about Goldberg Segalla?

Ask a question