Goldberg Segalla Employee Reviews

Set up to believe they care about you .. FALSE!!!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 24, 2018
Grandiose orientation and travel to Buffalo to end up seeing their true colors. Shame on them!!! False sense of who they are as a company that CARES about their people. They don’t care—especially when it comes to them going back on their word.
Pros
Jeans every day
Cons
Poor communication, false sense of culture and environment, red tape up the wazoo to accomplish one duty.
Extremely stressful and unpleasant
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 12, 2018
Everything they put upon you and the expectations is unbalanced. There is no structural stability. They're created the employees manual as they go along. They place people in managerial positions without the experience. Staff is never acknowledged for great work. The bonus' & medical benefits are the absolute worse. If you are looking for longevity & stability this is not the place.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No stability, medical benefits, bonus, no acknowledgment & non-exempt(they will fire you without reason)
Productive with high pressure environment
Subpoena Clerk / Overflow (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 10, 2018
My typical day at work started with sending pending subpoenas to the process server then noting it in the case info sheet. I then would prepare any subpoenas requested by the attorney or paralegal. I learned how to work quickly yet efficiently and how to file documents with the court online. Management were very professional but their expectations were almost unreal. The hardest part of the job was being given too many tasks then management expected me to keep up with everything which seemed impossible. The most enjoyable part of the job was being left alone and not being micromanaged.
Pros
Building was very secure, free breakfasts on Friday.
Cons
Only the attorneys were recognized publicly for their accomplishments, never the administrative or support staff.
Great place to work.
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 19, 2017
This is a great place to start your career! Many people complain about the firm because they want better benefits, etc. However, other firms don’t give any. They are flexible with your hours as long as you work 8hrs a day. Overtime is always paid!
Pros
Goldberg always finds an excuse to feed us! Breakfast on them every Friday.
Cons
The snacks in the kitchen are too healthy. Lol.
Okay People but Horrible Management
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2015
It was very easy for me to get lured in by how nice everyone is when you first get there, BUT kindness doesn't pay bills. They don't pay for Manhattan they pay for New York state, the reason for this is because our head office is in Buffalo so they don't account for NYC pay. Bonus was $200 - $500 for support staff to associates which is unheard of in law firm. The workload is manageable but there is no real communication with upper management. We are managed by Buffalo and there is no one to address our issues. Hardly any days off before major holiday, 9 hour+ work day, NO OVERTIME pay, even though there are regular overtime hours.
Pros
Good Workers
Cons
Low Pay comparing to other firms
Start up law firm - extremely stressful
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Buffalo,NYMay 20, 2013
Left a firm of Saperston & Day with 29 other co-workers to assist with a start up law firm as a paralegal. Helped them move into new offices and set up offices and brought family members to assist.
Work given was overwhelming without backup assistance. The stress and pressure caused me to leave on a medical disability.
Pros
To be able to work with people I had worked with for 25 years
Cons
No assistance for too many files and too much stress