Golden Boy Foods Employee Reviews

Typical day at work
Sanitation/ housekeeping/ jar dumper (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALAugust 6, 2019
Making sure everything is clean such as bathrooms, break rooms, offices, halls, taking out trash sanitizer materials , keep tissue and soap in bathrooms and also work on the line sometimes dumping jars
A Great Place to make Money!!
Stacker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJune 22, 2019
I would recommend Golden Boy to all my friends and others! The main reason why I would do that is because Everybody needs to make money to provide for self and for their families!!
Good Place to gain work experiance
Lead Person/QC/Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 9, 2019
Its a great Place to work and learn from other employees. Also all the workers work as a team and are willing to go that extra mile if it is necessary.
No Family time working second shift
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAMarch 7, 2019
We work every weekend on second shift and we barley get to spend time with our families because on Saturday we work 7 pm to 7 am and it’s bad communication on the management team they always tell us we behind schedule instead of saying what real
good place to work at enjoy the co-workers
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Blaine, WAAugust 27, 2018
it was a good company to work for sadly they are closing half the plant and im loosing my position as a maintenance tech looking to relocate to green bay wi and find a position as a maintenance mechanic to proceed my career and goals
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
company is closing
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Blaine, WA 98230July 18, 2018
Golden Boy Foods, Blaine care about their employees, production means everything but their is a good balance between a healthy safety culture and production. There is always ups and down with companies but as companies go it is a food manufacturing company which demands much from their workers.
Temporary Job
Mixer/Staker (Current Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAJuly 10, 2018
This job is a temporary job, they call me when they need me. It not a permanent job. I received this job through The Jessamine Place. It is a group job where a group of us do the jobs as a gruop
Pros
extra money comes in handy
Cons
wich it were full time
It’s a great place just not enough hours for me
Label Operator (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed working there it just slowed down and we were only working 2 or 3 days and that wasn’t enough for me and my children. It was stressful. I don’t mind working 5 + days a week to live comfortably
Fun
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAJune 15, 2018
I worked under temp service . Work was easy and simple loved the environment and the people. Nice supervisor and employees. Work was simple and hours.
Great Place to work
Roasting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAJune 6, 2018
The company believes in helping you grow with in the company. Great place to work. I worked my way up from a QA tech to Research and Development, to Roasting Supervisor.
Great Place to Work
Corporate Manager of Safety (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 28, 2018
This is a subsidiary of Post Holdings, and Golden Boy has many of the same pros and cons as PHI.
I feel that the company actively cares for their employees and works to improve their skills and set them up for future advancement. They are always working to improve all aspects of the business - productivity/efficiency, food safety, people safety, etc. There are multiple opportunities to participate in different groups/clubs, exercise classes, and volunteer opportunities. Work life balance is a struggle for many people.
Fast paced and energetic
Customer Service Representative and Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Golden Boy. It was never a dull moment. I left to attend school in Italy. I suggest anyone that is familiar with the North Beach area to give Golden Boy a shot.
fast pace
Control Room Operator/Head CRO (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAMarch 1, 2018
I loved working in the control room. there was some communication issues between the management team. I liked the day shift hours and I also like being off every other weekend. i enjoyed working with the supervisor I had.
Pros
every other weekend off
Cons
communication issues in management
Working here gave me a clear insight of starting from the beginning.
Milling Operator (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALDecember 4, 2017
We were the first to start here. From day one firing up and milling.
The Manager is very fair. Raises could be better but a least you got them frequent.
Pros
Frequent raises, Fair treatment, descent hours.
Cons
Hot when it's hot. Cold when it's cold. Sanitized yourself.
Fast pace work environment.
Control Room Operator/Head CRO (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAAugust 22, 2017
Roasting side was not bad to work for. Turn over rate is high. The pay is subpar. They don't reward their employees for a job well done. Most management held positions had mood swings.
Pros
Work 2 on off 3
Cons
12 shifts, pay, communication failures from bottom all the way up to the top.
they run 12 hour days
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Blaine, WAApril 1, 2017
when I worked there. the work schedules changed from six 8 hour days to three to four 12 hour days and your weekends are not consistant. the pay was good for Washington state but hey there is annual raises. some shift supervisors are great to get along with.
Pros
co-worker friendly
Cons
smells up your clothes like almond, cashews or peanut butter.
Very laid-back.
Stacker Operator (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALDecember 10, 2014
A typical day would be stacking pallets of peanut butter for about 8-10 hours. There wasn't to much to learn but I did earn a forklift certification. The management was very limited. There was really only one person to keep things in line most of the time. My co-workers made my job a little easier for me. They were fun people to be around. The hardest part of my job was maybe stacking tons of pallets. The most enjoyable part would be clocking out.
Pros
Free coffee and sometimes breakfast.
Cons
no healthcare
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALDecember 9, 2014
Great working enviroment, gret team work within all deprtments.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Low on the pay scale