Golden Corral Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,678 reviews matching the search See all 2,681 reviews
Buena
Preparación (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 11, 2018
Es buena pero podría mejorar en la igualdad de oportunidades entre hombres y mjeres
Pros
Regulares
Cons
Un poco costosas fuera del alcance sobre el salario
Productive workplace
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 9, 2018
Have to know how to multi task and work under pressure. Must be a people person and enjoy working with the public which I love to do. I enjoy meeting new people and customers leaving happy and satisfied.
steady and overwhelming
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 8, 2018
My typical day at work is calm and observant.i learned that team work is so much important over anything .management is also a struggle during working with a busy crowed.the workplcace culture is stable.the hardest part of the job is making sure things are done as it says to be done .the enjoyable part is meeting smiles and knowing how a team is supported and respected.
Pros
learning new things.
Cons
not following rules.
Good work environment but some unreliable co workers. No scheduled breaks. But worked with me on how many hoursi wanted.
Line Attendant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 8, 2018
Worked with me. Simple register, very fast paced and not very many breaks, 6 days a week, never was late, never called in. Owner was friendly and worked with me. Customers were friendly and I have a very out going personality for customer service.
Pros
Dicount lunches
Cons
Picked up 2nd shift slack
keep up with the pace and you can sure hang in there
Golden Corral (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 7, 2018
It was an amazing job learning how to work in sync with co workers, communication is key in keeping things slow and steady. being able to multi task helps when the dinner hours rush in. Using open communication skills I learned to ask for help when I didn't know, and getting personal feedback helps to build your job skills,
it is an excellent choice of employment when your just starting out first jobs
Pros
half off lunch, 30 min breaks
Cons
have to pay for lunch, staying overtime
server
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 7, 2018
Buffet style restaurant, Greet guest ask if they have any questions, refill drinks and buss tables.Very fast paced job. time goes by quickly. The hardest thing about this job is being on your feet for long periods of time.
Overall okay job
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 7, 2018
The servers are very competitive about the tips. Made okay money but not enough for where I lived. Was very organized & showed up for work. Stayed working until I had to move locations.
Pros
No tip share
Cons
No breaks, no free food
Was a good job for me at the time I worked there.
Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 7, 2018
I served the main meal to the customers. Checked to see if everything was ok. Refilled drinks cleaned up after they left. Also kept the dining area clean.
Productive and fun place to work with good food available
Stock Associate/Utilities Department (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 6, 2018
The work environment was very interesting.Each work day was different from the next.Enjoyed the friendly environment and the team work between workers.
Pros
Free Lunches and team work
Cons
No health benefits
Family oriented, for both staff and customer.
Server/Cashier/back of house (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXNovember 5, 2018
Working there was like spending time with family
Management and co-workers truly cared for one another And supported each other through rough times. Loved it. And we're they to reopen in Huntsville, I would go back.
Pros
Understanding and supportive management
Cons
Low wages and limited hours
Unorganized, unreliable, not prepared
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 5, 2018
Golden Corral was so i’m prepared that two of the managers quit half of the employees quit they fired most of the minors because they do not need to pay bills apparently and they are not the top priority people with children and rent were put first and checks were given out at unknown time the hours they gave us were very unreliable they would take us off the schedule here and there. Overall they just were not prepared to open another Golden Corral .
Pros
There weren’t really any pros
Cons
They will have A team members come in and work for us, we wouldn’t get paid the right amount, training was not as expected to much drama overall.
Productive work place with some ups and downs
Cook (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 5, 2018
Typical day at work includes you setting your area up for cooking prepping or whatever station you are in. The culture is mostly African American and other but everyone knows what is acceptable and what is not
Pros
Free food
Cons
Didn't get a raise after my 90 days
Majority of time spent was great.
Senior Manager of Learning Technology (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 5, 2018
Overall time spent was great. Developed many great relationships. This is a fast-paced changing environment. Relationships are long and strong and as a result, there are many ties. Learn the culture and ties within the company is critical to your success.
Crew Leader (Fast Track) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 5, 2018
I worked at Golden Corral during my teenage years as it was my first position with a Corporation. The position was fast paced and I had an option to advance into Management.
Line cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 4, 2018
It was a good job to have . Id work there again if i had the opportunity. I just hoped for better pay out for the ammount of work was put in . Overall a job none the less.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
Low pay
Amazing work place, Great Managemtn
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Branson, MONovember 4, 2018
I loved working for Golden Corral, but sadly after a miss communication I was fired, but I've been told I will be hired again. I loved working here. Great people working with, and you'll make friends fast, the people here have your back and will become your friend. It can be very stressful, but after so long you get used to it. It is very fast paced.
Pros
Good price on food, Great people, Great Management
Cons
No healthcare, but other than that no complaints.
educating
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 4, 2018
My experience at golden corral was both educating and disappointing.the cooking for the public was fun helping and serving other people to see the satisfactory on the peoples face was a good feeling.My problem was the discrimination that went alone there.
but for the most part I like working there. my experience was educating.
Pros
was eatting for free
Cons
the discrimination
Fun place to work.
Meat Cutter/Butcher (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 3, 2018
Golden Corral is a fun place to work you're able to go in and learn a lot. It is relaxed until we get the morning lunch evening Rush but our managers down there and Lawton had us all on the same page especially on Sundays
Pros
Half off lunch
Cons
Short breaks if you got one
Ready to work
FOH Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 2, 2018
The job is fast pace. Always moving and constantly think about what you need to do next. There is no down time or time to relax. It's always go, go ,go. The positive your day will for by! There is also high turn over in this company.
Pros
Uniforms and free lunches
Cons
You never feel relaxed.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  2211 Cobb Pkwy SE ,Snyrna Ga 30080November 1, 2018
It’s fun to work at Golden Corral ,the management is Good a very Clean and Quiet place ,the food is good ,and everyday you learn more.We Always Helped When they need a hand at The bakery .
Pros
Free meal for Military
Cons
Discount for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Corral Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight