Golden Corral Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 2,793 reviews matching the search See all 2,799 reviews
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 16, 2019
Great staff , very understanding , good pay. Will be hard if you don't have buffet experience. No good benifts if it is franchised. Worked around my busy mom schedule.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Very busy will work you out.
okay
General Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 16, 2019
The franchise owner was great he wasn't involved that much in operations instead had a lady whose husband was a gm and showed poor performance but she expected better performance.
Worst experience ever
Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 16, 2019
Chaotic, not all management is organized, sexist, the work drama, learning, basically you would be doing the same thing all day, if they put you on one machine you are stuck on it all day.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJanuary 15, 2019
To start off I would like to say that this is a really easy job. I'm currently a cashier and my job is very laid back. If you keep your area stocked, organized and clean you will have a good shift. My coworkers are amazing and management is great. I would highly recommend this job to anyone that wants their first job to be a little laid back and not so crazy. We do get busy at times especially at night, but its nothing you can't handle. The one thing I absolutely love is that when I need to take time off, they will work around your schedule. I travel a lot with my husband especially during the summer months so I would be gone for weeks and my managers would work with me. I love that because at some places its hard to take time off like that and keep your job. But at Golden Corral they want you to have a life outside of the workplace. The only con I can think of is that you do have to work the major Holidays. Like Mothers Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Eve.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Have to work the major Holidays
Awful
Cook and Baker (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 15, 2019
One of my worst job ever. Everyone is replaceable they give few raises and would rather replace you. Unless you can get no other job don't take one from these guys.
fun and productive work place
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 15, 2019
everyone was like family it was a very fast past job with lots of fun to be had on shift and even off if you just showed up to eat with your family and friends
Pros
good food and great people
Cons
always very busy sometimes no breaks
Buen lugar para laborar con oportunidad para crecer laboralmente
Encargado del area de cocina (Former Employee) –  Usa georgiaJanuary 14, 2019
Es una compañia responsable que da oportunidad de crecimiento a sus empleados ademas de ayudar al comunidad
Pros
Tiene comedor gratis una vez por turno y tiene descuento de empleado
Cons
Ninguno
its was nice in easy job
Dishwasher/Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2019
I love my team working there in the job was not hard in my mangers always on top of everything making sure everyone do there job so the next person don't have extra work to do
Labor Intensive
server (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 12, 2019
Fast paced with little support from management. Most positions are labor intensive. There is no moral to speak of. There is a serious lack of communication within management and it goes through to the other departments as well. Sometimes can be pleasant when staffing is right and you’re trusted to do your job.
Pros
Free shift meal
Cons
Micro-management, lack of praise
Strict
Food Prep/Host (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot Township, MIJanuary 12, 2019
The manager was either always rude or just always in a bad mood. We were constantly filled with people which made it a disgusting mess and very stressful
It was stressful, GM was definitely a my way or no way guy.
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 11, 2019
It was a stressful to work, hostile environment. Servers and Line people well communicated, co-workers always helped each other out if needed. It was okay.
It’s the worst job I had to date
Cold Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJanuary 10, 2019
I worked here when I was 16. I was given much note responsability than I should have been given. It was so stressful I was left alone to run an entire department by myself all day while making less than someone working at McDonald’s. High turnover. Many that work there are on probation which I am all about second chances but some of there people were high at work and they would brake probation-get arrested and miss work as a no call no show (and guess who had to cover their shifts!) then when they got out of jail they’d have their jobs back like nothing happened. Since it was one of my first jobs I stuck through it thinking that this was how all jobs are. My managers were good but none of them even work there anymore! If not even the managers will stay it says a lot about a place.
Pros
Hours available always
Cons
Stressful, bad pay
poor management
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 10, 2019
no communication with the employees not a good place to work don't follow the rules set forth by the health department have people who work there that can't read English and the manager covers for them
Cons
They didn’t deserve a notice when I left
Bakery Attendant, kitchen staff, salad bar (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDJanuary 10, 2019
I worked there for a year and a handful of months. Most of the the co-workers make it a very fun environment, depending on who your manager is for the night you would either be excited for your shift or dreading it. Some of the managers had a lot of favoritism and it would be blatantly obvious. I was moved around a lot and knew almost all the departments. For the amount of work I would put in and how stressful the work environment was they only ever gave me a 50¢ pay raise. I had a coworker who only ever got a pay raise when they threatened to give their two weeks. Somedays I would be working the bakery or salad department all by myself. A lot of the time during the week it would be understaffed. At the time I was in high school and they made work/life balance very difficult (I was working 5 days a week). Our owner would sometimes forget about special promotions that would bring in a high volume of customers. Everyone would then be stressed to the max because we would be understaffed and under prepped. We had a lot of Hispanic coworkers, I had to train people who I couldn’t even communicate with which made it very difficult. If you can look past the not-so-great(I have a special C word to describe the owner) management and extremely stressful environment, the coworkers usually make it livable.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stressful, bad management, didn’t always get breaks, no Benefits or paid vacation days.
Terrible place to work.
Server/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Terrible place to work with terrible management. they are very unfair and tend to have favorites that they treat better. they had terrible hours and made you work holidays with no holiday pay.
Pros
free snacks.
Cons
terrible management.
prdocutive and fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VirginiJanuary 10, 2019
Golden Coral has great management and it is a great working environment. They work with you and other jobs and also others things you have going on in your life.
Pros
half off a buffet
Cons
not enough money on a slow night
great work environment...every one pull together
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 9, 2019
the crew take responsibility very well...exp: during closing i was behind on getting the dishes together and one of the crew workers helped me by taking some of the dishes to the dish area... I learn u can get anything done with help...The work environment was very laid back and that was the most enjoyable thing about it.
Pros
free meals and discounts
Mixed
Utilities / Back of house worker (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 8, 2019
Too many call in on days off. Not 100% organized in terms of staffing so things changed too much on the fly. Long shifts were too common. When all management from district show up....causes too much confusion and chaos for regular staff.
it is a very stressful environment.
Dishwasher/Trucks (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAJanuary 8, 2019
it is a very stressful environment, with too many pointed fingers, and not enough room to grow. it maintains unkempt work space, with ego managers, who blame the wrong employers. The work is great and the pay is great, but not worth the headaches.
Pros
Great paid job
Cons
management is poorly handled.
Golden Corral is a great stepping stone
Hospitality Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 8, 2019
Golden Corral has helped me grow as an individual and a team player. It is defiantly the hardest place I have had to manage, due to the high volume of sales and amount of employees. Golden Corral puts you through intense training to make sure you grow and are able to manage their restaurant. It's a great place to get experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Corral Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Golden Corral Corporation.

Powered by Comparably