Golden Entertainment, Inc.
Happiness rating is 51 out of 100

Golden Entertainment, Inc. Pay & Benefits reviews

Company pays minimum on salary and works you ton of hours. Covid procedures are not being handled correctly. Employees not notified when they are in contact with another employee with covid.
I enjoyed working for them for the most part. But they weren’t paying me fairly. They were really good at helping me keep a job though when I had my bad depression days. Or really bad anxiety.
Pros
Discounts on food and drinks
Cons
Management sucked
The most fun job I've ever had! Pay is below average for IT but the culture is awesome - it's in the hospitality industry so everyone is fun to work, specially at the ground peeps.
Pros
Free food, free ride, able to WFH
Cons
Not a stable industry - tourism.
Wanna be treated like dirt ? Managment is completely apathetic and totally unwilling to help you grow and become better at your job. Be prepared to be talked about behind you back. They will treat you more like a number than a person. I have never worked somewhere with such a deplorable work culture
Pros
Even if underpaid i did still get a pay check.
Cons
Horrible management, and a culture off apathy, No raises, No chance to move up, Dead end, And if your a slot tech the work environment is unclean.
Where to begin...I’ve never worked for an employer feeling like a slave until I worked here. I thought Caesars was bad... They have their favorites and for the most part, do not put their employees in regard to anything. Even before the pandemic, they were terrible, and at that time prior to quarantine, they started charging their employees to eat at the employee dining rooms. They cut costs everywhere, and stress the entire team with unrealistic expectations, therefore forcing employees to work overtime in low-salary positions. They got rid of the experienced employees and replaced them with “looks good on the surface” upper management; people who have poor knowledge of how certain departments work. Not only did my boss manage the team poorly, I they did not even understand what I did the entire time, and added on work since they ‘thought’ I didn’t have enough on my plate.They also don’t do raises... not even cost of living raises... There is hardly any recognition for the teams they have. No employee appreciation parties... only for the investors. They seem to look down on their employees. In summary, they treat their lower income employees poorly.
Pros
Not much. Health benefits I guess
Cons
Almost everything
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Learned after accepting employment opportunity that this company does not provide merit increases. Upper management does not care about employees. Workplace environment is toxic and unprofessional
Pros
Salary and work/life balance contingent upon department
Cons
See above
You will get your 40 hrs. They give you benefits after your 90 day probation period. Can get busy, but can also have slow periods. It's an alright place to work.
Company needs internal revamp and better security for employees. All in all good company to work for.pay is really low for the amount of hours they ask from the employees and staffing.
This is a great place to work! Great benefits. The Employee Dining is big with several qualitiy food options. With fresh vegetables and fruit and hot items.
I have a lot of good experience at Golden Entertainment. They have always been good to me. If you want hours you can get hours. Really good work place and team work.
Pros
Great Flexable Hours
Cons
Short staffed
Low pay, no raises, negative work culture and fear of losing your job pretty much sums up the corporate office. They run a minimum staff per department and expect you to do the work of four people.
Work was easy to perform. Department management was very strict. Had to work in a room with inconsistent climate control, dusty and dirty conditions.
Pros
you get a pay check, they offer benefits, most valuable benefit was room discounts
Cons
no raises, no holiday pay, low department morale, very negative environment
It’s an easy job that doesn’t require any special skills. Eventually will acclimate to the job description. This is a good starter job if anyone is trying to get into security to gain any kind of experience. The benefits are really good and the cultural atmosphere is very interesting.
Occasionally busy. Driving from location to location replacing cassettes for payouts of jackpots. Management is alright meaning that like any other corporate company they have their days. Other team members are fun going and easy to get along with.
Pros
Discount benefits
Cons
High turn over rate
I love the job the people and the perks in the job but the wages is not good for the cost of living in nevada. Just simple as that the job was good work nothing wrong with that at all but they need to change their system and raise the pay and give raises annually to take care of their employees is for the employees to take pride and do their job 100% good and take care of their employer as well.
Pros
Work was great but my wages didnt like too much and no raises
Cons
Bad wages and no raises
It not a fun place u great treated like you are dirt it I not a good job u strip rooms and get yelled at for doing your job it is work u have to stress about and get treated like u are nothing
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
I’m only writing this so others won’t make the mistake of giving this company the time of day. There is no culture, no advancement opportunities, they pay close to minimum wage with no raises, the benefits are expensive, you only get an unpaid half hour for lunch, you aren’t able to take any time off due to CONSTANT understaffing. They will make you work at another property or even another job role that you aren’t trained in at the drop of a hat. The management is not interested in keeping their employees whatsoever. You are treated as replaceable from day one.
Pros
Um nothing.
Cons
See above
it's ok to work here. could be better. long hour and long days. Pay could be better and opportunity to move up in company could be less discrimatory.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
My specific role is not one id recommend, maybe a different department. You are put in elevators for 7 hours which not in the job application. Your ears constantly pop from going to 109-112 stories above the strip. Working outside on the rides is not bad, it is just the extreme weather you have to work in cold or hot. It is low pay but it great coworkers and i have made great friends there.
Pros
it can be fun, you have good benefits
Cons
working in bad weather, elevators, low pay
As I stated before, upper management has no clue to what they are doing. A reactionary environment; in which the higher ups treat themselves as gods. If you are in a middle management position as I am, you might as well kiss your life goodbye. Long hours; inadequate compensation for those long hours, no raises. Golden Entertainment fashions themselves as major players; but the truth is, they made their bones running PT's Pubs. Different ballgame. They will always be in the minor leagues, compared to Penn, MGM, Caesars. I got out with my sanity intact.
Pros
fun job. Employees are generally good people
Cons
terrible location, sketchy guests, dangerous neighborhood, lack of empathy
After working here 3 and a half months trying ot do my best to become a valued team member i get discouraged from poor management and work drama as well as being targeted for being new.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No break