Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy Employee Reviews

Poor culture
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 31, 2017
There 's a poor culture and a lack of leadership in the retail department. A typical day is basically the same as the day before. If I have a problem, I can't count on my superiors to guide me. Upper management doesn't train supervisors correctly.
Blah!
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 11, 2017
Working for the company was a learning experience I will keep for the rest of my life. In order to move up in the company you will definitely have to sacrifice your happiness and be willing to be brain washed by some of the cruelest people to ever walk the earth. The staff are really friendly but management can honestly play in traffic :)
Benefits
Cons
Politics
Great work environment with positive vibes.
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 30, 2017
First and foremost, this is an amazing company to be a part of. The directors will guide an teach their employees success, trouble shooting and how to manage a team to grow within the company. Most important, 35 percent of all proceeds from our cafes go back to the Crissy Field Center for summer programs, camping trips, arts and crafts, computer programs and working in our cafes.
Pros
Movie tickets at below face value. Great company parties, and down to earth colleagues.
Cons
None!
Great Place to work
Academic Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2017
All the staff are passionate about what they do and the organization helps you do your job well (provides all necessary resources).

I give them 5 stars
great
Trail Crew Member (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 25, 2017
I absolutely loved working here. Fantastic people. Very helpful. City is super expensive though. But a great city to live in.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
In the middle
VISITOR SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 24, 2016
The conservancy is a great place, but some positions have very little advancement. Pay is low, but benefits are very good. The management at upper end is good, but some as managing depth are not in touch with their staff
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very physical, repetitive, no advancement
Fun job
Cell House Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 27, 2016
really great for me at the time and If I didn't need health insurance I would absolutely go back. Can't beat the location.
Pros
Working in the middle of San Francisco bay
Cons
seasonal employment
Fast pace and a social work place
Audio Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 26, 2016
You see over a 1,000 people a day and meet people all around the world. You have to work well with others. Working at Alcatraz you will learn history on what happened on the island. The management is laid back and easy to talk to. You have to work well with people from all different age groups. On this job you will be working on six men teams every day. The hardest part of this job is trying to please every person you come across. The most enjoyable part of this job is the amazing scenery you see everyday.
Fun workplace with laid back people
Multimedia Intern (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 6, 2016
The GGNPC is a amazing place to call work. It doesn't even feel like work when I'm there. I meet amazing people and go to beautiful locations all over the coastal bay area.
Fun work environment
Building 201, Fort Mason (Former Employee) –  AlcatrazSeptember 23, 2015
it was fun but being a non profit the compensation had difficulty keeping pace with San Francisco's high cost of living.
Hardworking passionate individuals
Restoration Technician Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Golden Gate National Recreation Area, CASeptember 11, 2012
Expect to work hard. Co-workers are really motivated and passionate about their jobs. Hardest part of my job is that it's seasonal and every 6 to 9 months, I would have to send out resumes and apply to jobs.