Golden Gate Regional Center Employee Reviews

Social Worker
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 13, 2018
Overall, Golden Gate Regional Center is a great place to work. Of course as a Social Worker do not expect to be paid what you should be (especially in the bay area), but this has more to do with the value of social services in our county than the organization. I worked at the San Mateo office and loved every minute. The people are amazing and incredibly helpful. It really is a team based office. The work is fast paced and can be stressful (typical Social Work stress). My supervisor was the best (as most of the supervisors are great). I felt that management was selective in what they heard and did for their employees and clientele. They are not the worst but there is still a lot of of improvement that needs to be done.
Pros
People!, plenty of vacation and sick time
Cons
Inconsistent management
Great Working Agency
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 25, 2018
Positive and productive workplace with a community of people who truly care for the well being of others with disabilities.
Very busy culture. My Supervisor was excellent. All the Social Workers went well above the call of duty, in helping each and every consumer.
Pros
Great group of workers
Cons
Salaries
Contractor
Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 29, 2018
I worked directly with a family, not in the GGRC office. I wish I could say I was treated well by said family, but alas, I was always working 40+ hrs per week with no overtime pay. The base pay is already INCREDIBLY LOW and VASTLY INSUFFICIENT for the amount of work and type of work you are expected to do.
Pros
I learned a lot - now I know to set firm boundaries with clients prior to beginning a job
Cons
No benefits, no overtime pay, working overtime often, little to no respect from the family members which the services are being provided to
No Growth
Case Manager (Social Worker) (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CADecember 12, 2017
There is no room for growth. Less money with a lot of stress. Dealing with many vendors and family. No support from the management. No incentives or reinforcement.
Golden Gate Regional
Early Start Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 17, 2017
The great work being done at golden Gate is amazing. The interpersonal skills and case management skills learned at this job were appreciated and helpful.
Provide great services. Difficult to fill specialized positions.
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 19, 2017
Provide great services to all eligible persons with developmental delays and disabilities across the life span.
Some departments are overstressed and overextended due to difficulty filling specialized positions. Many staff there 20 years or longer.
Pros
Great clinical team delivering effective services to vulnerable people
Cons
Paychecks do not pay into Social Security.
Work and hours are good, pay is bad
One on One Aide (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2017
Working one to one with a student can be easy at times and extremely difficult other times. It's difficult for me to want to stay with the company for long as the pay is close to minimum wage. Good as a part time job or someone looking to see what one to one service work is like
Great People, Great Organization
ABA Behavior Therapist & Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 21, 2015
A well run, well staffed organization, a great services to San Francisco. I enjoy working for GGRC, and appreciate the streamlined methods of service delivery.
Pros
Electronic Timsheets
Golden Gate Regional Center
Early Start Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 4, 2015
Great team, however, they do not have career planning, no career advancement at all.

The salary is on the lower end of the spectrum.

Management works really hard to help workers to succeed.

The hardest part of this job is the no motivation with so much bureaucracy and so low salary.

That is why I am looking for a new job,

Please help me,

Lucy
Pros
Great team, lovely environment, flexibility.
Cons
Low Salary, no career advancement.
Case management
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 18, 2015
Working in dyamic setting, providing case management for developmentally delayed population. Ability to work on multidisciplinary teams, within state policy and budgets, collaborate with service providers and incorporate needs of clients.
Great place if you can get any referrals
Early Intervention Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Peninsula, SFAugust 7, 2014
Took over 3 months to get vendorized as an independent contractor....went to all the meetings in both San Mateo office and San Francisco offices. I had no issues with getting about 15-20 kiddos on my schedule while I lived in Monterey....but here...only about 5 at any given time. Either the market is saturated with other OT's, or I did something wrong. I am not bilingual, which might be why. Other places that contract with GGRC need to supplement by doing schools and private therapy. Now I understand why. You can't make this a full time job. Supplementary income only.

Great families, but staff continued to lie to me saying there were plenty of kids that needed OT....not sure why they didn't refer. In hindsight, I wish they would have just been honest and tell me there are just tons of other OT's or something.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Low caseload
Productive and nice co-workers.
Client Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 31, 2013
I like my co workers. I would have stayed on the job if my ailing parents out-of-state did not require urgent attention.
Pros
flexible time.
Cons
hard and rewarding work.