Golden Gate University Employee Reviews

Golden Gate was an experience that improved how you think, how you view people, and how you must use ETHICS in every aspect of your life.
Adjunct Professor of Organizational Behavior (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 25, 2018
*A typical day may include development of a curriculum, submitting reports, grading papers, online conversation with students who may not understand the goals and objectives of the coarse, homework, and tracking progress of the students.

*What I learned was that Online teaching requires disciple, organization, classroom management and honesty. I enjoyed working in a university setting which allowed me to grow and embrace new and innovative technology. This method of teaching taught me how to remove unforeseen obstacles and develop strategies for assisting students with limited resources including language barriers.

*Management in a classroom is as important as managing human capital. My experience is that managing a classroom requires accountability to oneself, the university, and most importantly the students. Leadership in the classroom, respect, honesty, and understanding are qualities necessary if success is to be attained among students of any culture.

*Workplace culture for Online teaching is how you define yourself as a professor, how you organize and coordinate subject matter and how you present such subject matter. Sensitive issues will always come about with solutions being generated by the professors. The best path to take when handling any situation is to understand that "many things are carved in wax." Golden Gate University has a unique program which armed its professors with learning tools to reach many cultures, set workplace cultures that fit each student.

*The hardest part of the job trying to develop teamwork among students that did not know
  more... each other. Golden Gate University was one of the first to explore and create an online teaching program. Our first order of business was to make certain each student got to know each other, participated in class, and were not afraid to voice their opinions. As professors we had to cultivate ideas geared towards team building in the classroom.

*The most enjoyable part of the job was looking at the progress at the end of the trimester and using success to continuing making what works better. Additionally, I had to also weigh what did not work and propose solutions to possibly remove obstacles to new vision of learning. Many time we found that the obstacle was the organizational structure (e.g., narrow job categories and job descriptions can seriously undermine one's ability to think outside the box. I was able to appreciate how decentralization is able to support change without being boxed in to using old solution to solve new problems.
Pros
New technical
Cons
lack of personal, social, observable contact.
Awesome School
Student/Work Study (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 17, 2017
I was in the process of completing my education and was given an opportunity to do work study and so I did this part time. It wasnt a career. it was just something to keep me busy while i was in school
Pros
Excellent
Golden Gate University is providing excellent education and training
CPA (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 8, 2017
Golden Gate University is an excellent educational institution. I am very impressed with the thoroughness of the education being provided and believe it will do much to help me in my career.
I gained experiece as a librarian and manager
Dean, University Library (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 21, 2017
A rewarding but challenging and competitive work environment. Improved myself considerably as a librarian and manager with courses in personnel administration, budgeting and strategic planning.
Pros
Peer Training and self improvement
Cons
competition
My Experience
Full Time Lecturer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 3, 2017
I totally enjoyed my teaching at GGU. I loved interacting with the staff and students, I loved experimenting with new materials and teaching styles. However, my supervisor did not appreciate my efforts.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Supervisor not progressive
good but not excellent work place
Librarian Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2017
• need a lot of attention to details
• opportunity to study for free
• a very nice work place culture
• not a good salary
• good benefits
• diverse work place
fun and productive
data analyst assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2017
It was good and I liked working there . people were so friendly there, and they were willing to help you if they could . good management and good staff.
Pros
competitive
Cons
short breaks
Rewarding Work with Students
Director of Administration (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 22, 2017
Great benefits, working with the students is a plus. The people are friendly and fun to work with. GGU course offerings are great and accommodating to the working professional.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low salary
Great Environment to Work
Operations Coordinator, Purchasing (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2017
Just like any other University, but the environment is relaxing and speeds up at the start of school. The university is very clean compared to many universities. The management team deserves some recognition, for they are the backbone of the universities operations and the shadow. Best of Luck to Them.
No micro managing
Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 28, 2017
Always busy. Flexible schedule.
Working with a diverse group of people.
Salary increase has been frozen for a couple of years now.
Management still figuring things out.
Looking opportunities as faculty assistant, housekeeping staff and bring out my best for organization
Faculty Assistance (Current Employee) –  536 Mission Street San Francisco, 94105September 30, 2016
Interacting with different people every day. Learning new things each day. Management is very good and flexible. Working as a team and making each day productive.
Overall a good organization with a positive working environment
Executive Assistant, Office of the President (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 20, 2016
I enjoyed working there and feel that it was a beneficial experience, thanks to the positive-mindset of the staff and my supportive co-workers. Unfortunately due to budget constraints there wasn't room for growth and there was significant downsizing. I don't agree with some of the decisions that were made as a result, but I also understand why they were made.
Pros
Good benefits, such as retirement contributions and work/life balance.
Cons
Short breaks, salary freeze, no room for growth/advancement.
Exciting place to work, always challenged to think for yourself.
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 26, 2015
GGU is an urban higher education university situated in the heart of the SF financial district. The faculty and staff are dedicated to creating the best possible environment for working adults seeking to enhance their eduction.
Excellent work environment.
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 16, 2015
Place is small enough to develop relationships with almost all employees (in all levels).

Provide opportunity for free higher education within the University as part of the employee benefit package.
Pros
Excellent management - labor relationship
Cons
Limited run for advancement.
Student assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 21, 2014
Worked at the library, assisting other students. They are very motivating and the services provided at Golden Gate University have been excellent.
Company culture is very joyful.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 17, 2014
Don't need to do overtime.When I worked here, I pay more about attention help student.
Graduate Fellowship
Graduate Fellow (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 27, 2014
Just here for a moment to help with fellow recent graduates. Treatment is different than if I were a regular employee staying. Management of department is good.
Good place to get expirience and education
Helpdesk Technician L2 (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 30, 2014
Most people are nice to work with. Place needs leadership.

easy to get a degree. Very close to transportation.

Hardest part of job is dealing with managemnet
Most co-workers are great to work with.
Pros
Free Education
Cons
Low pay and bad management
productive learning place
Assistant Web Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 6, 2014
Ample opportunity to grow.

Open enviornment,flexible,good employees
Easy place to work
ATS Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 13, 2013
Easy place to work. Not a lot of room for advancement. Lots of stuff to work on from an IT point of view. The upper management is just now starting to look into prioritizing the IT needs. Still lots of room for it to improve.