Golden Gate University

Golden Gate University Employee Reviews

Enjoyed encouraging students on their journey through the education process
It was rewarding to assist and lead Master's level students toward graduation. The hardest part of the job was the semester ending and parting ways from the students.
Nice people and environment
It's a nice experience to work on campus and study at the same time. As a full time student, we get to know more about the academical work via working in the office.
Great place to study and to work.
I worked as a teaching assistant while studying here. No issues with payments, scheduling, etc. Great people to work with. Would gladly work here again.
Very fine place to work. Perhaps my favorite job ever.
Golden Gate University gave my first and only college teaching job outside of being an intern at the now defunct New College of California.
I loved the job.
Nice caring people
I think that most people that work here care about their jobs and the students. Lot's of pressure to achieve numbers for a non-profit which is structured more like a for profit school.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Golden Gate University - Center for Learning & Teaching Excellence
The eLearning team is composed of extremely talented, smart instructional designers, LMS admin folks, testing manager and student assistants. The director is well-experienced and fair-minded.

The workplace culture in this department is encouraging, creative and fun.

The hardest part of the job is the financial stalemate of the organization in general.
Pros
Work-personal life balance, creative and fun.
Cons
Poor financial state of the organization.
Fun setting without the pay necessary to live in SF
I really enjoyed the environment, working with students on a daily basis. The management lacked clarity and charisma for their positions. Many people filed into their cubicles and didn't communicate with students outside of FA emails and phone calls. I do not respect their lack of safety standards for employees as well as students on their campus.
Great School
GGU has an amazing community that I have enjoyed being a part of over the last three years. The school has pushed me to be the best version of myself and has provided me with all of the resources I needed.
Great company, great people, but lacks management and long-term view
I loved working at GGU. Unfortunately they don't understand business administration, and the employees suffer without capable leadership and the management decisions are oriented around short-term goals.
Excellent Learning Establishment
Most of the professors and staff at GGU are working in their fields of study. This adjunct driven instruction ensures that students are getting the most up to date and relevant information that the industry can provide.
relaxed, but no growth potential
Colleagues and staff are supportive, but pay is low and there's little room for advancement. Online work is flexible, and students are eager to learn.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
Great, secure work in Higher Education
I worked briefly in Admissions, and definitely enjoyed my time. Had there been a permanent position available there I would have joined, but there wasn't at the time. Typical 9-5 office job, but the people were great, all or most were also attending school for free (basically) to get a Masters or PhD so that's a huge perk.
Pros
Paid tuition, health care
Cons
Set schedule, limited positions open
Great Experience
Working at the Women's Employment Rights Clinic was a great experience. Learned a lot about employment law and was given opportunities to represent clients that I would not have gotten in a traditional internship.
Expansive thinking and exporation of ideas.
Golden Gate University providing an opportunity to flourish and to expand my knowledge in my subject specialty area. The workplace culture was progressive and allowed students to expand on their experiences.
Pros
Lounge, cafeteria, and relaxing spaces.
Cons
Traffic
Technical Services
Usually the day consisted of processing backlog of books from previous day. I would work at the desk a minimum of 1 day a wk, sometimes more. I would also process the legal newspapers.
I would also work on the government document collections.

Around noon, I would retrieve The mail which generally consisted of several bins. About half of which were federal documents and most of the rest were updates to state codes. Processing each book was a time consuming process and it generally took up the afternoon. The ongoing government collection also needed attention. Should there be free time, there was plenty of stack maintenance to attend to. As the primary processor of materials, I frequently had to shift through heavily impacted shelves. We also swept the collection and preformed electronic inventory
Great staff and students
I was the liaison for the students and teachers. I could answer many registration questions. If not I would direct them to the program directors or teachers.
Pros
nice office and school
Cons
temporary positon
Golden Gate was an experience that improved how you think, how you view people, and how you must use ETHICS in every aspect of your life.
*A typical day may include development of a curriculum, submitting reports, grading papers, online conversation with students who may not understand the goals and objectives of the coarse, homework, and tracking progress of the students.

*What I learned was that Online teaching requires disciple, organization, classroom management and honesty. I enjoyed working in a university setting which allowed me to grow and embrace new and innovative technology. This method of teaching taught me how to remove unforeseen obstacles and develop strategies for assisting students with limited resources including language barriers.

*Management in a classroom is as important as managing human capital. My experience is that managing a classroom requires accountability to oneself, the university, and most importantly the students. Leadership in the classroom, respect, honesty, and understanding are qualities necessary if success is to be attained among students of any culture.

*Workplace culture for Online teaching is how you define yourself as a professor, how you organize and coordinate subject matter and how you present such subject matter. Sensitive issues will always come about with solutions being generated by the professors. The best path to take when handling any situation is to understand that "many things are carved in wax." Golden Gate University has a unique program which armed its professors with learning tools to reach many cultures, set workplace cultures that fit each student.

*The hardest part of the job trying to develop teamwork among students that did not know
 - more...
Pros
New technical
Cons
lack of personal, social, observable contact.
Awesome School
I was in the process of completing my education and was given an opportunity to do work study and so I did this part time. It wasnt a career. it was just something to keep me busy while i was in school
Pros
Excellent
Golden Gate University is providing excellent education and training
Golden Gate University is an excellent educational institution. I am very impressed with the thoroughness of the education being provided and believe it will do much to help me in my career.
I gained experiece as a librarian and manager
A rewarding but challenging and competitive work environment. Improved myself considerably as a librarian and manager with courses in personnel administration, budgeting and strategic planning.
Pros
Peer Training and self improvement
Cons
competition
My Experience
I totally enjoyed my teaching at GGU. I loved interacting with the staff and students, I loved experimenting with new materials and teaching styles. However, my supervisor did not appreciate my efforts.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Supervisor not progressive
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Gate University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2