Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

Found 1,817 reviews matching the search See all 1,821 reviews
what I learned
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJanuary 2, 2019
As always, the residents are great. Management wasn't that great. Not helpful, not training they're staff to be at their best but always accusatory when things went awry.
Pros
salary decent
Cons
no teamwork
Corporate was more concerned with bottom line than clients and employees
Director of Assisted Living (Former Employee) –  South DakotaSeptember 4, 2018
Ok place to work. Corporate office was more concerned with bottom line than clients and employees. Corporate did not understand different cultures of different states. Decent benefits for hourly employees. Felt like more could be offered for management positions that I was in. Corporate made alot of money and did not seem to reinvest in the local facilities or communities they were in.
Pros
Good benefits and pay for hourly employees
Cons
little or no reinvestment into facilities from Corporate office
skilled care, memory care
RN Nurse Charge (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INFebruary 7, 2019
Golden Living is a company that offers exceptional care in a clean and caring environment. The employees are caring and knowledgeable of care needed for residents. They offer competitive wages and excellent benefits.
Enjoyed residents and coworkers
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Medication Aid (Former Employee) –  Neligh, NEJanuary 3, 2019
Overall I liked working here because of the residents and coworkers. The administration wasn't the greatest, but they could have been worse. The pay was competitive for the area. The benefits were okay. I had my complaints at the time, but I can't remember them now.
Pros
Great residents and coworkers
Cons
administration needs work
typical day
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hartington, NE 68739January 12, 2019
I loved worked for this company, they had direct deposit excellent insurance and offered pto and many other great benefits. great work atmosphere. this company sold out
benefits
Cons
management change alot
Company assests were is the process of being sold which greatly impacted and potential culture.
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 27, 2019
Similar to most positions of this type with on site visit and various conference calls. The numerous locations and circumstances allow for further development of management skills

The culture suffered due to the efforts to sell the portfolio of home and resulted in a very cautious environment.

This creates the most difficult aspect of many management tasks in supporting the goals of the centers and the focus upon those priorities.

As with most instances, the most enjoyable aspect centered around residents and co-workers
Pros
Staff committment to the care and services offered
Cons
The choas resulting for changes in operations and intent to divest assets.
Racial Discrimination
CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 7, 2019
Golden Living is one of the company that should be closed. Very poor system where they lack the compassion for their employees and lack training in culture sensitivity.
Pros
good bonuses
Cons
poor management
Golden living
Cook (Current Employee) –  La Porte, INNovember 28, 2018
I love the residents here but the management needs to get it together. I was switched to a prn for purposes of another job. When quitting my other job i asked them to change my status back to part time allowing my benefits to kick back in. After working only a month as prn hours i then went back to my part time hours only to find out months later my benefits were never restored due to to lack of care from management.
Its a good way to get your foot in the door
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reedley, CADecember 4, 2018
Management was highly unprofessional when I worked there. I'm sure they have made a few changes since then. It is a good start to your career though. Some nurses and CNA's are very nice and take you under their wing.
I wish I could have stayed
Systems Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 22, 2018
I worked at Golden Living for almost 9 years, until the company began selling off operations. I loved my job, moved progressively through more challenging roles, learning more aspects of the business. The pay was competitive, particularly for the Fort Smith, AR area, and the benefits were good.
The atmosphere was pleasant and relaxed, but the job was challenging and ever changing. Lower level managers and team leaders were great, as were most of the upper management. Some of the executive level leaders could have used some help with their people skills, but overall it was one of the best jobs/employers I've ever worked for and I was sad to leave.
Pros
Culture, benefits, atmosphere
Cons
Some executive level indifference
Kitchen
Dietary Cook/Aide (Former Employee) –  Tell City, INSeptember 27, 2018
I worked at Golden Living for 2 years. They dont give raises out. If you have a problem and you goto the Director to try and get things resolved it results in termination. The kitchen is poorly ran. Never enough help. A very unprofessional boss. you will work 6 days a week any where from 8-13 hours a day. If someone calls in they say it is your job to find someone to fill the spot not the manager.You dont get to speak your side on things. on a good note I loved the residents!
First nursing job and it is a rehab/nursing home
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lansing, KSSeptember 26, 2018
Typical day at work is hectic. Be prepared not to have enough staff for support or staff to offer support when needed. Need strong delegation skills. Management is not a good resource, they need much more additional training in order to be leaders. Workplace culture is not good. Many nurses are unhappy and it affects others around them. The most enjoyable part is helping patients and being the advocate for them.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
not enough staff to support patients. dangerous setting.
golden living
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJuly 1, 2018
I have worked there for a year. I have noticed a lot of deficiencies with management and coworkers. my bosses family works there and that raises a lot of problems. You cant advance because they are under budget.
Pros
My residents
Job
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2018
Very stressful place to work in. Things that are promised to you the company never will follow through. If you're looking for a raise don't expect it as raises have not been given out in about 4 years.
Learn was a rewarding
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 13, 2018
Allowed myself to learn new applications and expanded on everything I could. Allowed that ability to work outside comfort zone. Allowed flexible working conditions and work times.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Company downsizing
Not worth the time
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 30, 2018
Its okay if you enjoy working in the kitchen or on the floor with the nurses, helping take care of the resident. You get no raise or great benefits. Had all of that thru Golden Living but its Azalea Health
Good place to work. Management was great. Very rewarding.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 23, 2018
Most enjoyable part was getting to know the residents.
Typical day was meeting and phone calls with residents families.
Management was easy to work for.
Culture was very relaxed but you always knew what was expected from you.
Hardest part of the job was working with Indiana Mediciad
Finance (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 21, 2018
The corporate office had an in-house restaurant and gymnasium which really helped to break up the day. Some really great people are in leadership roles that sincerely care about the residents we service. Overall, this is really a great place to be employed.
Pros
work life balance, perks like the gym and cafeteria, great people to work with.
Cons
lack of benefits. No 401K match, no annual salary reveiw process, mediocre insurance
No Problems
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  NE South DakotaJuly 26, 2018
Golden Living had its act together, just wish they had not sold to different owner with no experience in LTC. The culture was great, good advancement opportunities, community loved us. Again when it was sold, things just went down hill. Don't like to speak ill of people but it could have been handled better.
Pros
Very Caring Staff
Cons
Sold to New Owners
No longer Exists
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 17, 2019
there is no career advancement at Golden living because it does not exist anymore. Poor communication before massive layoffs and certain people were liked were given bonuses to stay until company shut down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight