Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

My experience at golden living centers was a big eye opener for me..
Nursing Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 19, 2018
My experience at holden living centers was a real eye opener for me. I was fully introduced to what it is like to work in a nursing home setting with the elderly and disabled. I was able to also put all of my skills learned in the cna into full action.
Pros
Meeting new patients
Cons
Early morning hours
Strong Culture, Great People
Vice President of Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 16, 2018
There was a true mission for caring for others, I was fortunate to have a wonderful team and great Senior Leaders. I hated to see things end the way they did.
Great work environment with to much bureaucracy
Manager Applications 2 (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 16, 2018
I enjoyed the employees that I worked with and the level of their expertise in their fields however the level of bureaucracy that existed between different levels of management often made accomplishing assigned tasks nearly impossible at times.
Pros
Quiet corporate environment, knowledgeable co-workers
Cons
Poor communications between multiple levels of management and multiple departments.
Family like environment
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 12, 2018
At our facility they treat you like family. The administration are on the floor helping out and getting to know staff and residents on a personal level! Great working environment.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Building is dated
The management made it fun.
DIETARY AIDE& COOK (Former Employee) –  Galt, CAOctober 11, 2018
Being the night cook I would clock in and go straight to the cook book to see what I would be making for the residents for dinner.I then would go to the supply closet to gather my ingredients.
I loved the management, they were respectable and helpful, if I was falling a little behind in work they would step in and give a hand.
Poorly supervised
Rehab RN staff Nurse in skilled facility (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 11, 2018
Need to improve their systems and work flow. Poorly staffed. Constantly changing management. Missed lunches and breaks. Overtime a must. Family concerns and incident reports
Micromanaged
Payroll Coordinator / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AR 72919October 9, 2018
Extremely micromanage down to emails. The particular department I worked in was extremely cliquish, new people were not made to feel welcomed. Your intelligence was questioned almost daily.
golden living center
Charge Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Galt, CAOctober 8, 2018
wonderful place to work, peaceful environment and friendly coworkers and staff. Able to advance my career and knowledge in nursing. Very good first place to work
Kitchen
Dietary Cook/Aide (Former Employee) –  Tell City, INSeptember 27, 2018
I worked at Golden Living for 2 years. They dont give raises out. If you have a problem and you goto the Director to try and get things resolved it results in termination. The kitchen is poorly ran. Never enough help. A very unprofessional boss. you will work 6 days a week any where from 8-13 hours a day. If someone calls in they say it is your job to find someone to fill the spot not the manager.You dont get to speak your side on things. on a good note I loved the residents!
Enjoyed visiting residents
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 27, 2018
I enjoyed caring and visiting the residents. The staff was also friendly and helpful. I was only a volunteer so I couldn't do as much care as the staff but I was able to shadow which helped out a lot and gave me more knowledge.
First nursing job and it is a rehab/nursing home
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lansing, KSSeptember 26, 2018
Typical day at work is hectic. Be prepared not to have enough staff for support or staff to offer support when needed. Need strong delegation skills. Management is not a good resource, they need much more additional training in order to be leaders. Workplace culture is not good. Many nurses are unhappy and it affects others around them. The most enjoyable part is helping patients and being the advocate for them.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
not enough staff to support patients. dangerous setting.
Golden living
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOSeptember 26, 2018
Golden living was a great place to work except for the higher management people. Very often you were looked down upon for being a lesser working title.
very productive and enjoyable professional position.
ADMISSION DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 26, 2018
Worked in a face paced environment. Priorities change daily depending on the referrals that came in and which location sent the referral so that an onsite could be done and a decision made as quickly as possible. I enjoyed meeting with the hospital staff when conducting an onsite and getting a true picture of the patient. I also enjoyed educating therapy staff and receiving education from other clinical staff. I loved my position and working with the physicians and other medical professionals. Also made sure I researched any complaints and followed up.
Pros
enjoyed networking.
Cons
A lot of hours and really took up a lot of personal time.
didn't learn much. kept work done
Housekeeping cleaned rooms (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 25, 2018
ok job, kept patients rooms and bathrooms cleaned. trash emtpied. had to deal with some unruly patients. not a very enjoyable job. the hardest part of the job was cleaning behind older people.
Cons
Very demanding and learn a lot on a day to day basis.
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 21, 2018
Golden Living is a good place to work. Working there gives you a feeling of being apart of a family. Organized and great team work. Very supportive of their residents and staff.
Poor Management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tell City, INSeptember 17, 2018
Very busy, always short staffed and management doesn't care that you have to be the only one on the floor. I loved my floor nurses and aids made some really awesome friends but the pay is poor for all the hours and hard work that you put into it. Management doesn't care about you at all. The hardest part of the day is taking care of almost 40 residents by yourself from 3p-6p or sometimes longer. And that time includes a meal. The most enjoyable part was getting to work with my night shift girls who became family.
Pros
Make friends, Love residents
Cons
Poor Management, Not enough pay, PTO time is no good.
loved the residence
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company and would definitely recommend this company to someone that is wanting to get into the health care field and would like some experience before continuing the education or knowledge of the healthcare field.
Job
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2018
Very stressful place to work in. Things that are promised to you the company never will follow through. If you're looking for a raise don't expect it as raises have not been given out in about 4 years.
bad management
DUTIES - Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 11, 2018
Golden Living Center is part of a large company is that is just out to make money..they don't care about the shape and upkeep of their facilities in some areas.
Pros
patients
Cons
management
Sad
Transporter/Supply Inventory (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PASeptember 11, 2018
I wasn't happy here after a few years. There was lack of communication with my job position. I loved the residents but staff was a whole other aspect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight