Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,519 reviews matching the search See all 1,523 reviews
Worst management ever!
PRN LPN (Former Employee) –  Amory, MSMay 22, 2018
A few weeks after being hired as a new grad the DON quit. Scheduling was a mess. We were almost always understaffed. It was a dirty and sad environment.
A good experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALMay 22, 2018
When wanting a job in the healthcare field you have to do volunteer work to get a better understanding of what you trying to do. the instructors was encouraging and understanding.
working with Golden Living
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 21, 2018
I cant really remember working for this company but every place of business has there pros and con's it's what you can make out of it. But you can must denfintly pick up as many shift's.
Pros
There located all over the USA
Cons
Every place has there up'[s and down
cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shippenville, PAMay 19, 2018
I work there as an fulltime CNA hardest part of the job is work short or being mandated to work overtime.most enjoyable is to take care of the residents on a daily bases
Pros
na
Cons
na
relaxed setting
NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMay 16, 2018
company teaches you how to use new equipment also assist you with the proper techniques for the position you are working in. flexible with work schedule
I loved the residents and their families
Activity Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portage, INMay 16, 2018
I was to do activities with groups but depending on what unit I was on I ended up being a sitter for 1 to 3 residents at a time with behavior problems. Management has power struggles among each other. Management lies to get ahead and they really don't care about the residents only about state. When state comes in they all put on a big show and have staff coming out of the wood work then everything goes back to the same after state leaves.
Hometown folks working together supporting their own.
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tomahawk, WIMay 14, 2018
Long-term care and rehab in a small town setting. An excellent place for a new or experienced nurse to grow. Staff support and promote educational advancement with education assistance and returning employment.
Pros
Small hometown atmosphere.
Love working with the elderly
RN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 14, 2018
Worked at a facility where i was staffed on the SNF unit. Enjoyed the staff and residents. Worked here in Omaha, NE and moved back to sioux city. Great staffing to resident ratio
Productivity
Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 9, 2018
Working at Golden Living is a wonderful opportunity because it provides individuals with the opportunity to work with families and individuals. The atmosphere was overall great working with my colleagues was nice because we got along well and had parties all the time to show how much we appreciated each other's accomplishments. Also, when some lost a family member we were there to give support and words of encouragement.. It is a place to get to know the individuals we work with and their families and learn to give them empathy and encouragement. The managment care about the employees and are there if you have any concerns. The workplace culure is nice and friendly environment. I think the work was somewhat hard on the nurses assistant at times because when someone does not come to work then we have more patients to needs care. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the patients and their families and caring for them making sure their needs are met.
Pros
The environment was warm and embrassing.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
All management cruel and in collusion with one another.
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 9, 2018
Deceived about culture of the facility and management before accepting position. When speaking to management about concerns about training which lacked any on the job training with regards to computer programs and patient care expectations. Management was in each other's back pockets as they were comfortable with their big paychecks. DO NOT PUT A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY THERE. RUN!!! and DON'T INTERVIEW THERE. RUN!!!
Pros
Cons
Management, poor patient care.
Golden Living was a large corporation and was hard get things done in that environment.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMay 7, 2018
GoldenLiving was one of my more stressul job experiences. There were many physical plant issues that did not get the attention needed.
Hard to get staff. Most staff worked two jobs.
Pros
salary and benefits were good
Cons
hard to get things accomplished because it had to go through so many layers.
Decent place to work
Director of Nursing Services (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMay 5, 2018
This was my first Director of Nursing position, and I learned a great deal, which I have carried with me to other positions. I had a great administrator, who I remain friends with to this day.
Poor Management
Central Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INMay 4, 2018
Overworked and underpaid. Management was insincere and biased towards certain staff, very poor customer service attitude towards residents and family members. Poor communications throughout departments.
Pros
Lovely residents and family members
Cons
Poor management
A great way to get your feet wet, but move on.
Social Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Porte, INMay 3, 2018
I work in the Social Services department, a department which should truly should have at least two full time people ( one being a licensed social worker), however we only have two people, neither of us are social workers, and collectively we are only able to work roughly 50 or so hours a week. My particular job consists of interviewing residents, submitting paperwork into the system/state, assisting with scheduling, and ancillary services. Due to lack of man power, prepare to be overwhelmed. There are so many pieces to put into place and not enough time, money, or man power to do so. I'm in college, so this is not a bad way to get some experience, however I would not consider taking any more of a permanent position if offered. The staff is nice, somewhat clique-ish and a bit hard to break into their groups, but I have yet found someone who refuse to help me when requested. The technology in the facility however, is ancient, the internet tends to go down, and our office phones are never working correctly. The biggest con I would say has to do with the training offered to new staff. This industry has a high turn over rate, so they rush through orientation and training. I have been with the company since august and I am still being trained how to do my job properly since I wasn't trained correctly a couple of months ago. My position tends to be over piled with work, and the office is a 'catch all' for everyone else's issues; belongings, counseling, venting... My desk gets used by others who need a place to fill paperwork, and they sometimes leave it a mess. But, what can ya do?
Pros
flexible hours, wonderful residents, never a dull moment
Cons
too heavy of a work load, cut hours, poor training
I was attacked
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smithville, MOApril 30, 2018
I was attacked by a dementia patient with MRSA. I screamed for help and the nursing staff sat there, laughing and joking. They never documented I had a split lip, scratches on my arm. I was denied medical assistance.
Pros
nothing
Cons
You're on your own if you're attacked
anought breaktimes
LPN (Former Employee) –  maApril 30, 2018
good place to work, happy good cooworkers, good management. management underestand staff needs , also promotes good continuing education . treats staff and their families well
good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 24, 2018
Good place to work and gain experience. Residents are wonderful, you become family so there are good times and bad. Great beginners place if interested.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
coworkers
streesful place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 23, 2018
Typical day was not having enough plates ,cups etc. Never had ingridients you needed to prepare food for the day. Management has been change several times. The hardest part of the job was working short staff, and management would leave and go home. The most enjoyable part of thr job was to see the residents smile.
Was a great place to work until they downsized and layed everyone off
Insurance Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 18, 2018
This was a great place to work for may years (23). They downsized and my position was eliminated. I may have retired there if not for this business decision.
Very low pay, not so clean facility.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 18, 2018
They are in need of people really bad right now. The pay isn’t worth the hassle and hard work. They will have you doing an entire floor alone with nothing but incontinent residents.. Not to mention the shower rooms, I’m pretty sure they are against state regulations. It isn’t worth the 11/12$ an hour that they are offering.
Pros
Hard working staff
Cons
Hardly any staff to help you when you need it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight