Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,549 reviews matching the search See all 1,553 reviews
Loved my co workers and Residents and family members.
CNA/CMA (Former Employee) –  Neodesha, KSJuly 17, 2018
I felt at home, it was inclusive. They heard all voices. They did not tolerate racism or being mistreated for one's race. They offered many opportunities for advancement. I loved working for Golden living center. Will work there again.
Pros
Inclusive. Opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Higher ups need to be more involved. No raises.
Supportive Management and Collaborative teams
HRIS Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 16, 2018
This was a great temp/contract role before relocating. I thoroughly felt at home and the managers were supportive and very approachable. The HR group as a whole was very collaborative.
Skilled Care Facility
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCJuly 14, 2018
A typical day involved care for 1-7 total care patients with daily complete baths. Residents were well cared for. Concepts learned were time management, to perform ADL's, documentation, transfers using mechanical lifts, disease processes.
Pros
Plenty of experience to be gained.
Cons
Newcomers are not welcomed by many.
Good people to work with
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 14, 2018
I worked here for two years there are great people to work with there is a great environment and a lot of support from people. I worked with some very good people.
I was a student there, enjoyed everyone I worked with.
Student Physical Therapist Assistant-Long (Former Employee) –  Odessa, MOJuly 12, 2018
I stayed busy, learned a lot, great working environment. The staff was supportive. Being there for 3 months gave me a great learning experience. good team environment.
unfair treatment
Intake Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 11, 2018
I did billing for Golden Living facilities around the United States. It was a new company. I was in orientation for 3 months which was too long. I do not think they treated employee equally.
My History With GLC
Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2018
I went in , an seen my manager right away found out what side I was on what my duties was that day . Got my cart an started my job my manager was great she trains very well an also I could go to her for any question during the day . The building was in good condition and everyone was super nice we all got along very well . The hardest part was remembering I couldn't have physical contact with the residents they would need or want help but that wasn't my job . The residents was the best part hearing their life stories an talking to them .
It was a great work experice getting to know the patients and workers.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 7, 2018
Doing an internship at the golden living center was a great experience to start a medical program in my future. I hope to experience the same next time. The patience were so nice and so was the nurses there.
Cons
1 hour breaks
stressful
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJuly 6, 2018
Golden Living Center was a Union Building and union buildings tend to have employees who think that they can violate all the rules without being held accountable, it could be a great place to work, but some of the management team was afraid to disciplined the staff members, which made it very stressful at times.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
complacent staff
a typical day at work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 6, 2018
I feel as though some of the workers did not give me chance. Also the manager was very verbally abusive. At times they never helped out in working with people.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
no one helped out
I loved working for Golden Living
Director of Nurses (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJuly 3, 2018
While I was in MA, I had a wonderful Administrator and staff. I had a team that worked together and we provided excellent care to not only our long term residents, but our rehab patients. Our short term patientents went back to the community with positive results. When I moved to PA, I went to a small building an loved the staff who provided great care, but left when the NHA came back from medical leave. We were just not a good match. The staff were upset for me to leave and I am now working with a number of them.
Pros
The company supported it's staff
Cons
Company did not update it's buildings
Very friendly environment. Great staff.
Also, assisting any resident (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93721June 30, 2018
Loved the company friendliness. Along with fun and clean spaces. I really enjoyed working with my staff and supervisor, they were very helpful and always made me feel good.
horrible place
Admissions Coordinator/Community Events (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 28, 2018
management had head in the clouds, cna's were treated very unfairly, management never offered to come out of their offices to help them, worked 12+ hours a lot of the days.
fun with the resident that live there
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 22, 2018
do rounds check call light and all work orders
I learned that this company care about their patient
Management was ok they try to do their best with what the corporation gave them
Work place was nice because they allowed the employees to interact with the patients and I loved talking with all them much history they remember
Pros
I was able to eat my lunch with the patient if I wanted to
Cons
there healthcare was great and they match retarement
Good job
Accounts Payable Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 21, 2018
In my earlier days of employment with Golden Living, they were a good company to work for. As years went by things started changing, but all in all it wasn't a bad place.
NAR (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Delano, MNJune 21, 2018
This place can have it's ups and downs but they need to take time and how more experienced workers. They have little to nothing for help. Management is running the business in total he ground.
staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2018
enjoyed working with the staff and had some of the best resident we were all like family. when anyone was in need we all came together to make life easier
Pros
friendly environment
Employee relations
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2018
Responded to employee relations and concerns on a daily basis. Did not have any face to face contact, just phone contact. Worked on various projects.
Loved my coworkers
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALJune 19, 2018
Glc was my first long term care employer, I fell in love with the elderly. Found my niche, enjoyed going to work everyday. Was able to learn and perfect all the qualities needed to be a great nurse
Pros
Residents
Cons
Very old outdated building
The worse
NAR (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJune 19, 2018
was the worse NAR job one could ask for always short never enough staff and pay checks always messed up. management wasnt supportive and their was zero team work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight