Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,516 reviews matching the search See all 1,520 reviews
Stna
CNA/STNA (floater) (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OHApril 9, 2018
Immediate management was good, however upper management cut you off at your knees. Pay was very poor for what was expected of you to do. D.O.N. was not considerate of the employee boundaries.
Pros
Patients were the only pros.
Stressful and poor communication
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 6, 2018
Very busy. Usually not enough help. Always work with a med aide. Company bought out by another company and then we did not get enough supplies. They don't pay enough,and always wanting you to pick up extra hours. DON very nice but does not follow thru with disciplinary action when its necessary. Stressful. No team work and poor communication. Making my residents happy.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Insurance
Needs a lot of improvement
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 4, 2018
I work there when it was Golden Living Center of Lancaster. It is now Lancaster Care and rehab completely different company. I worked there for almost 5 years I really liked working with my residence but the company itself was run and manage very poorly
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Bad management
Hard Job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 3, 2018
Management makes it difficult to want to stay, they don't always want to work with you on hours, always short staffed. You have to be quick and have thick skin.
Management is what made me want to leave
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PA 15668April 3, 2018
Overall work wasn't awful. Just terrible staff and management. Let their staff walk all over them, staff thought they ran the place. If staff was older and had been there long they were rude to newer and younger staff.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work
Director of Social Services and Admissions (Former Employee) –  Saint Francis, WIApril 3, 2018
Given that Golden Living was a 34 bed facility allowed me to spend time with residents and really get to know them. My coworkers were fun to be around and we always had a good time. Down fall was in the three years I worked there I didn't get an annual review or raise for my work.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMarch 27, 2018
Management was not very productive, she did not have an assistant to help her with scheduling so the schedules would get messed up all the time. Always threw CNAs wherever everyday with no consideration to the residents. Residents get used to the same person after a while and they have preferences.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Very Hard
Coworkers were awesome, management not so much
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 26, 2018
I left because we were extremely short staffed and i experienced alot of favoritism and unprofessionalism from management. Coworkers were amazing and everyone got along really well.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Horrible management
not a good place of employment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 26, 2018
workplace culture not good, a typical day. management was not good, I pray this has improved. Many staff members left this job for other employment.
Golden Living Employment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 24, 2018
Stressful work and instability with company made it a very difficult work environment to stay in. Worked well with most but some of upper management made it very difficult.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
instability
management
Director of Nutritional Services (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMarch 24, 2018
Good administration.
Healthcare good.
building was old.
Financially weak
Hours were long.
no room for advancement.
Decision made are made with residents in mind.
Pros
management
Good residence and co-workers where easy to work with
Cook ,short- order , prep-cook ,server (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTMarch 21, 2018
It was a good. Learning experience and I loved the pepole that I worked with some Times fast some time slow but It was always fun going in and working
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Manager
Awful nursing facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAMarch 17, 2018
Poor management skills
Always tells employees when the state comes/is present
Nothing done about poor employees who do not do their job, others pick up their slack
Benefits
Cons
Very cutthroat
The worst place I ever worked
LPN/RN (2009)/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2018
The whole time I worked here was the most stressful time of my life! Management was horrible, supplies were never adequate, we were always short-staffed, you had to be sick for three days before you could use your sick time, management changed more times than I care to recount, and there was no room for growth. In short, it was the worst place I ever worked. I really feel bad for patients who have to live there and for the staff who have to put up with such horrible work environment.
Pros
It was a job that gave me money to pay my bills!
Cons
Too numerous to list.
Awful employer
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMarch 16, 2018
The current executive director is creating a back stabbing, paranoid culture. She has cut hours so much based on census that most of the managers are looking for other employment, there is no one to answer the phone and management is still expected to do 40 hours of work in 20. She doesn't treat all employees the same and picks her favorites. She talks down to people and it's supported by upper management.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
No staff
very enriching industry
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MAMarch 15, 2018
In my twenty plus years in the long tern healthcare and rehabilitation customer service industry one of my best strengths is compassion.It is a very rewarding career.
Pros
Healthy environment
Cons
located in residential area
Both rewarding and challenging at times.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  LaPorte, INMarch 15, 2018
A typical day of works includes feeding the residents, cleaning them, changing bed linens.

I've learned the importance of being patience with the residents and to understands their needs.

The management constantly emphasizes the importance of a positive workplace environment and provide the staff with ongoing training and motivation to continue to improve our skills in order to best serve the residents.

The workplace culture is generally positive but there's always room for improvement.

The hardest part of the job is when multiple residents request my aid at the same time and they seemingly don't understand the nature of my job requirements and that I have to prioritize the most vulnerable resident first.

The most enjoyable part of my job is at the end of my shift to reflect back and to know that I've made a difference in the lives of my assigned residents.
Pros
Satisfaction in knowing that I've helped the residents with their everyday needs.
Cons
Sometimes being overwhelmed with the work load.
Good for a patient and kind person
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lake Norden, SDMarch 15, 2018
Golden living centers is a good place to work if you don't mind working weekends and holidays. The day to day work is okay if you have a patient and kind nature.
Pros
Busy all day
Cons
Poor hours
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PA 18301March 15, 2018
It a great place to work and get exprienced . You will like being there the patients love you so much.The staff work together .But some times you do work short and it can be over stressful when family members come to visit.
Pros
Better benefits and more pay
Cons
Short staff
Excellent employee oriented workplace.
Business Office Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 13, 2018
Employee oriented workplace. Felt like I had an impact work the processes and environment as part of the management team. Disappointed that the company was sold as my plans were to work there until retirement.
Pros
great culture, bonuses
Cons
company sold

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight