Golden Living Centers Employee Reviews

Over worked and under paid
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Stanford, KYJanuary 17, 2018
This employer is a very strength impacted job. Employees must be able to lift 75 plus pounds excessively. As well as maintain required papework and documentations
Ok place to work
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJanuary 17, 2018
I worked here until it sold in sept 2016. When it sold the resident care and rules got stupid ridiculous. I was having to constantly work for the other driver, but when I needed a day off it was wrong.
Na
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALJanuary 16, 2018
I would not recommend working here. They where not very good ppl to work for..They seem to not cAre about there residents..I would never put one of my family members here or loved one
fun workplace
Senior Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJanuary 16, 2018
i really enjoyed this job and fell in love with the adorable patients staff was very polite and also very reliable, great management wonderful benefits and pay.
Room for advancement
Vice President of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 16, 2018
Because of extreme turnover at Golden Living, career advancement was always an opportunity. I advanced to a VP of HR position for Region 3. I left Golden Living to take on a Corporate vs. a Regional role.
Outsourcing jobs and selling buisness not a good time to work for them.
AR Billing & Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 15, 2018
Was a very good job with lots to learn and places to go. Change's in Medicare reimbursement's have made this a very stressful line of work. Enjoyed learning all that I did.
A stimulating place to do important work
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNJanuary 15, 2018
I had the opportunity to manage a group of professionals and create a caring, stimulating and fun environment that was empowering for the staff. In this culture, resident care was the highest priority and we achieved 5-star results in regulatory compliance. Excellent care was a contribution of all staff and that fact was regularly celebrated.
The most enjoyable aspect of the job was seeing residents improve in overall health and in many cases enough so that they returned home after rehabilitation. The job that I had was most rewarding.
I retired from this profession in 2015.
No comment
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2018
Golden Living was a poorly managed facility primarily due to a high turnover rate for management and the Nursing Dept. It would be a challange for most people.
Collection positions are extremely stressful
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 14, 2018
Collection positions are extremely stressful. Some upper management was allowed to be unprofessional in their methods of management style in order to ensure their managers' teams met financial goals.
Summary
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 11, 2018
The typical day comprised of billing various state Medicaid program for nursing care in Golden Living facilities. Hardest part of the job was the management structure. The most enjoyable part was the actual work.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
management
Lack of Care
Social Services Director (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 11, 2018
Golden Living Center has went down every year. I worked there about 3 yrs in various areas but they never stuck with improving the environment for the residents and it was sad. Some employees cared, some did not. There was no standard disciplinary action for staff which made it hard to correct the things going on in there.
Cons
Dirty, low pay, lack of care, lack of respect
It was ok
Nursing Assistant Certified (Former Employee) –  MNJanuary 10, 2018
I went and helped my nurse take care of the residents. its was an ok place to work at if you are just starting out. A lot of people called in seemed like 3 times a week and you were mandated to stay.
Not too good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Randolph, MAJanuary 10, 2018
Coworkers were not very nice there. They didn't like to help other coworkers out. Management did not care about employees. They didn't help workers out if they fell behind
Poor Management
Housekeeping Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Oil City, PAJanuary 9, 2018
They never addressed the problems in the building in a timely manner. Every time an issue was brought up, it was brushed off and not taken care of. The building was not as clean as it could have been. The housekeeping staff didn't seem to care about what their rooms looked like. When floor care needed done it was almost impossible to get them done. It was like pulling teeth to get staff on board with projects.
Pros
Dental and Vision was decent
Cons
No guidance, No one seemed to care
enjoy working with my residnet's
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 9, 2018
Love the resident's and their family. Staffing has always been an issue. I enjoy being around most of my coworkers. Hardest part about this job is work short handed with so many demands
short staffed a lot of times
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Portage, INJanuary 9, 2018
The culture was very diverse and I enjoyed working with most of the people there. The most enjoyable part was to make the residents smile. The hardest part was when my shifts were short staffed, I did more than 2 peoples job. It was very short staffed. A lot of call offs.
Horrible Dead End Company
Assistant Director of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INJanuary 8, 2018
Work their over a year as an assistant manager in maintenance watched a revolving door of turn over in every other department due to an atrocious amount of illegal negligence from management and repetitive health code and HIPPA violations. Company is currently in the middle of trying to sell so nothing is being put back into it.
management
Medical Records/Central Supply (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 4, 2018
Very poor management and no communication. No more comment...nothing else to say. No comment no comment no comment co comment no comment...last executive director ran off 6 dept heads out of 10
Large company reduced to small
Corporate Support (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 4, 2018
Company is working on going out of business. Not much more can be said.

When company was at its peak it was a great place to work but that we 2 owners ago.
Pros
Vacation but that is because I have been here for 20 years
Cons
Company is going out of business and doesn't need the same kind of support it has had in the past, 900+ people at the corporate office will be reduced to about 50
productive and nice place to work
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJanuary 2, 2018
You will love the staff here. They become to be family as well as the residents and their families. You will also learn many skills you don't expect because even the out sourced nurses teach you.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
not one in my area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Living Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight