Golden State Foods Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Experience
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 3, 2018
I enjoyed the environment, the people, the experience, perfect work/life balance. People were willing to train and share knowledge. Highly recommend working at Golden State Foods.
Pros
Peaceful Environment
Cons
Common to due layoffs during slow season
Just terrible
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 27, 2018
first off they lied to me about my schedule. They said i would work Sun-Thurs. i was good with that. Unfortunately that was super false, they work a mandatory 7day work week with only 2 days a month off. and thats if no one called out. they dont care about their employees well being at all.
major short comings
Warehouse Operations and Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 4, 2018
Short staffed, lack of direction and accountability, no mobility short of transfer or quiting. This company has a communication problem along with not holding people responsible for their actions.
Pros
achievable deadlines
Cons
chronic help shortage
Good pay, terrible schedule
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 2, 2018
The pay and benefits are good but, that's all. You will work every weekend and every holiday. All that matters is covering the routes. I literally went to my uncles funeral, got to work and changed out of my suit into my uniform, in the parking lot, and ran a 13 hour route because there was no one to cover it. Its all a matter of perspective I guess. If you need a job with good pay and benefits, GSF will provide that, and only that.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Schedule and lack of concern for your personal life
Temporary contract
QA Analyst/Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMay 24, 2018
Temporary contract. No comments. My manager was great and the overall company seem great. My position came through a temporary agency. My manager fought to keep me on as long as she could when a new HR manager was hired and wanted to get rid of me even though he knew nothing about me.
Pros
Company seem great
Cons
No comment
Lp quality lab
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMay 14, 2018
•Management shows favoritism
• No work life balance
• Very hard to get days off
If you have family and friends you will like to spend time with be prepared not to do so.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No worklife balance
No time for family
senior production supervisor (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 1, 2018
It is a new plant but there are issues that could be addressed and fixed fairly quick and easy. Although this issues are not dealt with even though they are addressed.
Benefits
Cons
No family life
workplace was good
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 28, 2018
the company was good to work for, wish i was still there the pay was great, i wasn't to happy about the hours i worked. I wish i had more of a local position instead of over the road
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Average to Slightly below average
Transportation (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILApril 27, 2018
The Lebanon Illinois company could be a GREAT company but lacks the right leadership. The CEO and Director of Human Resources should make several trips to the Lebanon Illinois plant and spend some quality time interviewing the rank and file workers, this would be an EYE-Opener for everyone involved.... Senior leadership at HQ needs to pull back the carpet and look deeply at the operation...
Pros
Not Much.
Cons
Long List...
Great job while in school
Material Handler, Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIApril 18, 2018
I gt this job while attaining my bachelors degree, so I learned a lot about time management and what a days work entails. I would recommend this job for students wanting a part time job and people that are looking for full time work that don't mind having overtime regularly.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Time off can be hard to come by
Easy work place
Temp (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 17, 2018
The work place is very easy but kind of on the face paced side. Everyone is friendly and helps out making the job even more easier. You make friends and work with people of all ages.
Warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMarch 31, 2018
It is a good paying warehouse position with great benefits and room to grow. Management and warehouse employees butt heads every now and then but that is normal. Overall a great place to work.
Great pay an benefits
Sanitor (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 19, 2018
I started as a temp thru Wagner service solutions . After 320 hours I was hired on to the company once hired I was placed on a ninety day probation.after my ninety day probation I received a twenty cent raise every two months until my tenth month then I was topped out at eighteen dollars an hour
Pros
Pay
Cons
Seven days a week
Toxic
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAMarch 19, 2018
There are a couple good supervisors, but other than that, it's ran by children. The employees are just as bad. working there was like going to high school.
lots of work with no days off
Ga - TEMP (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 15, 2018
i can write a book or do a movie. a typical day is no different than any other day at gsf. some days are good and some days are bad.

i learned that in order to succeed or get a job there you have to be either female or lazy.

management is pretty good but the are not on the temps side in any situation.

hardest part of the job is when no one tries to help you when you need it

the most enjoyable part of the job is leaving when your shift is over
Pros
free lunches when accomplishments are met
Cons
short breaks and no days off
Poor Management and Equipment
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCFebruary 27, 2018
Poor equipment with maintenance records . Trucks never had time for proper down time to fix issues. Management was all about getting the job done no matter what and keep the trucks and trailers moving.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Not enough family time and poor equipment
productive
Warehouse supervisor (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCFebruary 27, 2018
productive and challenging workplace environment. you are giving all the tools and support to complete your job. everyone here follows the creed of the company to the letter. great work environment.
Unsafe workplace not committed to the creed
Operator (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALFebruary 15, 2018
The management is horrible they talk to u any kind of way and mistreat ppl. Tell and sell u lies, u cant move up and they believe in working the heck out of u they hire convicts, they discriminate and much more... They want give u a raise for an entire year. They expect u to work on holidays. The managers and supervisors are rude to their workers and fire people for no reason off he say stuff.. I wouldnt recommend this company very nasty environment
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Poor management/Favoritizm
Not a healthy environment !
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Industry, CA 91789February 14, 2018
I am glad I no longer work there! Very stressful work environment and management was very unprofessional! I would not recommend this company for employment!
Pros
discounts
Cons
too stressful
Phoenix GSF
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 14, 2018
All reviews listed here for Phoenix DC are accurate. Horrible management, long hours, all holidays are worked, favoritism, no growth, no employee recognition.
Work is very fast paced.
Pros
Good location of DC
Cons
all stated above