Golden State Foods
55Below average

Golden State Foods Employee Reviews

United States308 reviews
My direct manager and a few others are amazing. Supportive, clear and open communicators, collaborative.... However, there are still others leading the management team and at the corporate level who's actions don't align with what they say. Employees have to take ownership of and find their own work life balance. Doing the right thing and advocating the right thing can at time seem like an uphill battle. There is definitely investment into the employees though. There is generally speaking opportunities for outside training seminars, etc. to help ensure employee growth. There is also a recent charge to upgrade everything to new technology. Overall this is great, but the approach is to change everything at once, which is not great. The place has some pros, but definitely some areas where they need to improve.
Pros
Training opportunities, utilizing latest technology/platforms, decent pay and benefits
Cons
Message and actions don't always align.
Good company more hours good benefits good people good environment make your work look easy and people are cooperative salary is good benefit is good
Pros
More hours
Cons
No off
I been at ds job for a year now and I can say ds one of my worst jobs there no raises unless u breakdown machines which adds two dollars to your salary which takes about 4 months to get and have to basically beg to get after you are certified which is dumb because your doing the work u should get paid immediately for it and management is terrible there
Pros
Cons
Never know what’s going on half the time
The work is manageable and there's much support. Great pay/benefits/culture/leadership. Very welcoming staff. The office landscape is very professional. Accommodations are made to those who require them.
Overall good place to work Good benefits management very young I’d work there again I left because the hours just weren’t going to work for me and I didn’t time to wait
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This company does not have their ducks in a row All the way from management to the very last person on the list at the Burleson location. I was a former line driver in warehouse and you might as well kiss a lunch good bye! No one is able to cover you because they are busy and manage my won’t let em cover you if you have a sick spouse or kids, they don’t care Even when my wife was diagnosed with a neurological problem, they didn’t care about that. All they wanted to do was give points even though it was the old managers fault my sick days are gone. HR is the biggest joke in the whole company. Never will refer anyone there
Pros
All the overtime you want
Cons
Tell you at the end of your shift you are staying longer or else lose a job
The Employee workplace Culture is variable, Family orient. hard working Employees.
Opportunity to growth

Fast Safe Environment

Employees dedicate themselves to work for their mutual success and pledge their best efforts always toward the attainment of their common goals.
This is the worst company to work for it they don't give you any days offer they don't care about the employees that only care about production they had a lot of time did not pass the health inspections trying to get the product pushed out
The pay is good, but when take into account working 50-60 hrs a week on salary, pay isn't good. The manager doesn't know how to do the job which leaves all of us to figure it out on our own. I do not recommend working for this company unless you dont have a personal life and you want to work a lot.
Job only cares about money and not employees. Forced overtime while working 7 days. I do not recommend this job. No time to spend with family. Union job but management changes rules whenever they feel like it to their liking.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Golden State Foods?
It was a great job I learned a lot while I was there... great people management cares and take a personal interest.... Plenty of work most of the time...
This was a fun places to work because i learn how a lot of food that we eat how it is made to see how Taco Bell sauces and to see how they make Pop eyes sauces and what goes in it was really nice.
Golden State Foods has a great story and puts its employees first, especially with their foundation. With multiple plant locations, GSF has the competitive advantage to win. Learning the GSF way takes some time but once you know your way it is smooth sailing.
Part of recent lay-off due to COVID-19. Great company to work for and hoping I am eventually called back once this crisis is over! Great place to work!
Pros
Great people. Great pay and benefits.
Cons
There are not many cons-communication is an issue.
There is no work life Balance at GSF. This a very high paced manufacturing environment. The higher up management does ot care about the regular employees. Work place culture is the bottom line.
I enjoyed the "flat" business mode. Meaning, we had access to senior VP's and everyone in between. It was very much a model that allow feedback from managers on a variety of different levels.
During this coronavirus pandemic, this company has shown its true colors. If you you get sick, you will be forced to use all your pto time and after that has run out (6 days) you will get wrote up for all time missed, essentially, if you get coronavirus you are going to lose your job.
I have fun at what I do when I’m working.Golden state foods gives you a lot of opportunities and it well manage and have good management. It’s a perfect place to start your career
Golden State Foods is a great company to work. They a customer focused and employee driven. They offer support and encourage to ensure that their facilities are successful and sustainable.
If your looking for a long jevety job this is not it keep on looking else ware managers only care for themselves and have no respect and will stab you in the back. manager will schedule you to do overtime and wait till you show up for work to then tell you to go home. this place has obviouse reason why they have a high turn over rate and as far as respect it go's all the way to the GM of the location .
It was a Good Company to work for. Excellent opportunity for Software Engineers to grow there. However they have different culture for using Consultant and contractors.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden State Foods. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9