Golden State Foods Employee Reviews

Go to Golden State if You Have no Problem working 7 days a week.
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GADecember 5, 2018
Working at Golden State was okay, I didn't have any problems really there. It was really a fun, cool, workplace. There was pros and cons to the job though. If you don't like strong smells, Golden State is not the place for you. It gets very hot, the uniforms are very over whelming especially if you have problems with the heat. The cons to the job was the pay and it was really easy work, don't really do much if you're on the machines you just press buttons and push boxes through machines.
friendly place to work
Wastewater Operator (Current Employee) –  wastewaterNovember 28, 2018
I have enjoyed the year and a half a tGSF .my supervisor is a great guy and fair to his employes.I currently works night shift and hoping one day to move to day.
Pros
good pay
Cons
stopped overtime
great benefits
Driver (Current Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 16, 2018
great pay and benefits, hours are long and you always work the holidays (except christmas) . but the benefits especially the pension and health benefits makes it worth it.
Is a decent place when everyone is doing their part to make the day go smooth
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAOctober 29, 2018
A Typical day can be pretty routine. Taking raw material test samples, conducting pre-inspections and operational inspections would be a basic normal day. Anything extra would only come about if something goes wrong, that involves corrective action.
Pros
Treated to gifts and lunch/meals on occasions
Cons
management will not always honor their word
Great working environment
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CAOctober 26, 2018
Management is supportive. Co-workers are friendly and professional. Although the environment is mature, it's still challenging. Training was offered at the time.
Very weak mid level to top level managers
associate (Current Employee) –  st. LouisOctober 25, 2018
The last five years the leadership at Golden state foods has diminished significantly, The really good leaders started to retire and others just left the company and the new ones brought in to replace them are not as experienced and do not have the skills to manage the company successfully. They are arrogant and do not know how to treat the associates that report to them. They have this creed and values statement that they used to live by when the previous management group was in place now that is just a joke. This company is going down hill fast and that's a shame because it used to be a really good place to work.
Cons
Terrible managers at the GM and HR level
Decent pay with management problems
Inventory Control Clerk, Sr (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCOctober 23, 2018
Expected high work output with no offer of higher pay, better conditions, or mobility. Forced to take on several jobs at once with supervisor making excuses for others in similar position not working.
glad to have left
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAOctober 22, 2018
my hours were bad, took away seniority ,management was bad,culture ok when management was not there, enjoyed working with most of the people except some of the supervisor.
Friendly work place
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIOctober 16, 2018
Very medium/fast paced work environment, definitely will keep you on shape . Very friendly work place and very helpful in times of need what ever it may be
Stressful, fast paced environment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALOctober 8, 2018
fast paced meat packing plant, nasty and cold conditions, 60 hour weeks are the norm. Unimpressive benefits and vacation package but competitive pay for the area
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of time off, poor benefits

Want to know more about Golden State Foods?

Ask a question
Driver/and switcher (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCOctober 5, 2018
Great place to work they have just went through some major changes that where out of there control hope it don’t effect things 4 day work week typically great 401k/ retirement program
Pros
Benefits work culture
Cons
If any work weekends
typical day
Senior Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Mc Cook, ILOctober 3, 2018
run same reports each day showing inventory trends

check shortages

place new orders daily

communicate with DC daily

answer emails promptly

enter pricing as needed
coworkers are very supportive and caring, Foundation is a bonus
Customer Service Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAOctober 2, 2018
The company has an opportunity for all associates to give back to the community with their Foundation and this is a HUGE blessing. A little stuffy but people have big hearts and really care about each other.
Takes a long time to be hired and the work load is a bit excessive but, again, your fellow coworkers are amazing.
New Leadership is weak
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 25, 2018
Been with the company for over 10 years and it was a good place to work with a family atmosphere until recently. They brought in a new plant manager and he is ruining the culture of the plant. Poor decisions, bad personal skills, and very sneaky, would not trust him. I am now worried about the future we have for this workforce because we need our jobs and the new leader is weak and not a good person. We don't trust him.
Pros
Wages/Benefits
Cons
Worried about the direction and future of the plant. Divided between hourly and management now
Gsf
Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 14, 2018
enjoyed my time at GSF
family environment, proper creed. My department moved to another city and the HR department did their best to see that every hourly employee had a job with other departments. Very hard working group.
Too many consultants who do not know what they are doing.
NA (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 12, 2018
Too many consultants who do not know what they are doing. For some reason, management keeps them around. So overall, the stakeholders deserve the diminishing marginal returns on labor.
Pros
Great billable
Cons
Working with poor talent.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WASeptember 12, 2018
It's fun and fast pace place to work,its different everyday.
Its hard work, we are open 24/7.There are three different areas to work in the freezer, chill and dry.
Pros
BBQs every so offent
workplace
Accounts Clerk (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 10, 2018
I am currently at Golden State Food, as a temporary assignment. So many of the benefits do NOT apply to me. It has afforded me a better opportunity for myself to enhance my knowledge that i currently posses. And us it to further my career.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Co-workers, but Upper management Heavy and a very political landscape
Mid Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 9, 2018
Not very many opportunities to move up unless you're willing to brown nose your way to the top. The top talent moving in is all coming from an outside company that is turning GSF into Kellogs 2.0.

Very disappointing to see them turn on some of the best talent they have to bring in new talent that don't know the company at all, only to see them jump ship a few months into their tenure.

The company is rapidly growing, but they are only growing the top tiers of management, the support teams are struggling to keep up.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Upper Management Heavy
picker
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Lemont, IL 60439August 28, 2018
enjoyed my time at GSF

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden State Foods. Our community is ready to answer.