Golden State Foods Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible place to work
Coumpounder (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 13, 2018
Management tell you to do things that u shouldn't be doing like faking a CIP just so they can have product for the lines we barely clean out the kettles going to 1 product to the next
Pros
Pay good
Cons
they force you to work 12 hours 7 days aweek
Best Restuarant IT Provider To Work for
IT Corporate Systems Admin, Microsoft Solutions (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 12, 2018
Learned as I went in the beginning but was always given
answers to questions about technology, hardware, customers, Managers, and Stakeholders.

The hardest part being that the Service Desk is a small department in that when they get busy it is hard to walk away from your job.

Culture is mixed and a no ressure multi-national people/workers.
Pros
A great place to push you knowledge, given a chance to expand but limited.
Cons
As a contractor cannot work OT very easily. Calls come in when the team has gone home for the day.
Excellent Employment
LEAD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 31, 2018
Golden State Foods is an excellent place for employment they work with you to advance to the next level of your career have excellent benefits and pay very well also overtime is giving everyday without any problems
Good job, great benefits, decent pay.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2018
Been here 20 plus years, this is a good job with decent pay and great benefits. Health insurance is no cost for you and your family and the pension is funded by the company. There is s 401k if you want to contribute more with no match since the pension is so generous. The equipment is fairly new and most drivers take care of the trucks and trailers. We do have demanding customers ( McDonald's and Chipotles) and so we are a 24/7 operation and work 365 days s year. You will work alot of hours and holidays and weekends, but are well paid for it. Cons: Management could be better and drivers more recognized, if you do your job and are a team player you will have no problems. If you want to complain about the hours and schedule stay where
you are, it takes many years for a good schedule and even then you need to be flexible. I never have had a job where everything was perfect, this job has been very good to myself and my family and guess what yes we had to make sacrifices. Good luck in your search. If your not a crybaby, apply we need you. If not stay away.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Management could be better
Think Twice about working here
no actual title given (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 24, 2018
I got hired as a Materials Manager, that job was given to someone else prior to my arriving. I spent 3 weeks on the floor watching production work, only to then be assigned to create reports for the President, then I was moved to a production reporting role, only to be told at my 90 days that I was not a good fit for the job. When I asked "what job was I not a good fit for?" they couldn't tell me (because I never got an actual job title. President wants to hire people who can provide new ideas on improving, however, when you do, you won't be working here long.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper Management
This job should only be intended for someone in need of money short term
Cup Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 21, 2018
It was that bad but it also wasnt the best job either. There's absolutely no scheduled days off for any reason. No paid lunch and can be strict. Favoritism is very strong there even when it comes to the department managers on down to the leads. This job is for people who needs money fast and to find something else soon after. It's strictly 7 days per week including some forced 12hrs shifts in between. Over 65% of the production workers have fmla due to no scheduled days off. Maybe even more that has it.
Pros
Good money
Cons
You're basically declining your overall health just to make good money
Life at Gsf
Liquid Products (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 20, 2018
Good Benefits
Poor Work life Balance
Managers need to focus on people motivation instead of too many meetings
Need better employee training and incentive programs
Good Co-Workers
Puts money into the company environment but not on the equipment
Benefits
Cons
No time off to be with family. Only Managers get this perk
Summary of my day
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 16, 2018
I drove a forklift to supply the decks with items to make batches. I used a computer system to help me pull batches. Helped out the line pullers with finished good. Loaded and unloaded trucks.
Pros
The Hours
Cons
No days off
Revolving Doors
Sustainability Manager (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAJuly 11, 2018
I feel fortunate to have been able to see the food processing/manufacturing Industry from the inside. First impressions are that it is a well run organization, though the place is very political and cronyism is prevalent. GSF loses a lot of good people by failing to recognize their value or promote in a timely manner. Laborers are overworked, under valued, treated as expendable. and are placated with patronizing incentives.

Profit, understandably is king, especially when margins are tight for this industry. GSF is not interested in improving their processes or perceptions, unless it affects their status with their supply chain(s). Best advise I was given was "just do your job" and you will be fine. Management is myopic and the company culture is divisive and you will be constantly reminded that privilege is reserved for partners.
Pros
Fair Pay
Cons
Vacation, cronyism and culture
Good Experience
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 3, 2018
I enjoyed the environment, the people, the experience, perfect work/life balance. People were willing to train and share knowledge. Highly recommend working at Golden State Foods.
Pros
Peaceful Environment
Cons
Common to due layoffs during slow season
Just terrible
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 27, 2018
first off they lied to me about my schedule. They said i would work Sun-Thurs. i was good with that. Unfortunately that was super false, they work a mandatory 7day work week with only 2 days a month off. and thats if no one called out. they dont care about their employees well being at all.
major short comings
Warehouse Operations and Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 4, 2018
Short staffed, lack of direction and accountability, no mobility short of transfer or quiting. This company has a communication problem along with not holding people responsible for their actions.
Pros
achievable deadlines
Cons
chronic help shortage
Good pay, terrible schedule
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 2, 2018
The pay and benefits are good but, that's all. You will work every weekend and every holiday. All that matters is covering the routes. I literally went to my uncles funeral, got to work and changed out of my suit into my uniform, in the parking lot, and ran a 13 hour route because there was no one to cover it. Its all a matter of perspective I guess. If you need a job with good pay and benefits, GSF will provide that, and only that.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Schedule and lack of concern for your personal life
Temporary contract
QA Analyst/Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMay 24, 2018
Temporary contract. No comments. My manager was great and the overall company seem great. My position came through a temporary agency. My manager fought to keep me on as long as she could when a new HR manager was hired and wanted to get rid of me even though he knew nothing about me.
Pros
Company seem great
Cons
No comment
Lp quality lab
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMay 14, 2018
•Management shows favoritism
• No work life balance
• Very hard to get days off
If you have family and friends you will like to spend time with be prepared not to do so.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No worklife balance
No time for family
senior production supervisor (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 1, 2018
It is a new plant but there are issues that could be addressed and fixed fairly quick and easy. Although this issues are not dealt with even though they are addressed.
Benefits
Cons
No family life
workplace was good
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 28, 2018
the company was good to work for, wish i was still there the pay was great, i wasn't to happy about the hours i worked. I wish i had more of a local position instead of over the road
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Average to Slightly below average
Transportation (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ILApril 27, 2018
The Lebanon Illinois company could be a GREAT company but lacks the right leadership. The CEO and Director of Human Resources should make several trips to the Lebanon Illinois plant and spend some quality time interviewing the rank and file workers, this would be an EYE-Opener for everyone involved.... Senior leadership at HQ needs to pull back the carpet and look deeply at the operation...
Pros
Not Much.
Cons
Long List...
Great job while in school
Material Handler, Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIApril 18, 2018
I gt this job while attaining my bachelors degree, so I learned a lot about time management and what a days work entails. I would recommend this job for students wanting a part time job and people that are looking for full time work that don't mind having overtime regularly.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Time off can be hard to come by
Easy work place
Temp (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 17, 2018
The work place is very easy but kind of on the face paced side. Everyone is friendly and helps out making the job even more easier. You make friends and work with people of all ages.