Golden State Foods Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful, fast paced environment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALOctober 8, 2018
fast paced meat packing plant, nasty and cold conditions, 60 hour weeks are the norm. Unimpressive benefits and vacation package but competitive pay for the area
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of time off, poor benefits
Driver/and switcher (Current Employee) –  Garner, NCOctober 5, 2018
Great place to work they have just went through some major changes that where out of there control hope it don’t effect things 4 day work week typically great 401k/ retirement program
Pros
Benefits work culture
Cons
If any work weekends
coworkers are very supportive and caring, Foundation is a bonus
Customer Service Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAOctober 2, 2018
The company has an opportunity for all associates to give back to the community with their Foundation and this is a HUGE blessing. A little stuffy but people have big hearts and really care about each other.
Takes a long time to be hired and the work load is a bit excessive but, again, your fellow coworkers are amazing.
New Leadership is weak
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 25, 2018
Been with the company for over 10 years and it was a good place to work with a family atmosphere until recently. They brought in a new plant manager and he is ruining the culture of the plant. Poor decisions, bad personal skills, and very sneaky, would not trust him. I am now worried about the future we have for this workforce because we need our jobs and the new leader is weak and not a good person. We don't trust him.
Pros
Wages/Benefits
Cons
Worried about the direction and future of the plant. Divided between hourly and management now
Gsf
Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 14, 2018
enjoyed my time at GSF
family environment, proper creed. My department moved to another city and the HR department did their best to see that every hourly employee had a job with other departments. Very hard working group.
Too many consultants who do not know what they are doing.
NA (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 12, 2018
Too many consultants who do not know what they are doing. For some reason, management keeps them around. So overall, the stakeholders deserve the diminishing marginal returns on labor.
Pros
Great billable
Cons
Working with poor talent.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WASeptember 12, 2018
It's fun and fast pace place to work,its different everyday.
Its hard work, we are open 24/7.There are three different areas to work in the freezer, chill and dry.
Pros
BBQs every so offent
workplace
Accounts Clerk (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 10, 2018
I am currently at Golden State Food, as a temporary assignment. So many of the benefits do NOT apply to me. It has afforded me a better opportunity for myself to enhance my knowledge that i currently posses. And us it to further my career.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Co-workers, but Upper management Heavy and a very political landscape
Mid Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 9, 2018
Not very many opportunities to move up unless you're willing to brown nose your way to the top. The top talent moving in is all coming from an outside company that is turning GSF into Kellogs 2.0.

Very disappointing to see them turn on some of the best talent they have to bring in new talent that don't know the company at all, only to see them jump ship a few months into their tenure.

The company is rapidly growing, but they are only growing the top tiers of management, the support teams are struggling to keep up.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Upper Management Heavy
picker
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Lemont, IL 60439August 28, 2018
enjoyed my time at GSF
Exellent They have a very nice culture for working there and also nice enviroment
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 25, 2018
They offer free lunch depending how u worked and how use ur UPT, And VTO ,we work hard and have fun .The manager's work hard to ensure safety and get job done perfectly.
Pros
Tacos and Borito
Cons
Card
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warm Springs, GAAugust 24, 2018
Horrible place to work
Coumpounder (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 13, 2018
Management tell you to do things that u shouldn't be doing like faking a CIP just so they can have product for the lines we barely clean out the kettles going to 1 product to the next
Pros
Pay good
Cons
they force you to work 12 hours 7 days aweek
Best Restuarant IT Provider To Work for
IT Corporate Systems Admin, Microsoft Solutions (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 12, 2018
Learned as I went in the beginning but was always given
answers to questions about technology, hardware, customers, Managers, and Stakeholders.

The hardest part being that the Service Desk is a small department in that when they get busy it is hard to walk away from your job.

Culture is mixed and a no ressure multi-national people/workers.
Pros
A great place to push you knowledge, given a chance to expand but limited.
Cons
As a contractor cannot work OT very easily. Calls come in when the team has gone home for the day.
Good compensation and work staff
MRO Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 1, 2018
Great benefits but poor work-life balance. a good company to work for overall. Would rate much higher if the employee scheduling was better. Favoritism is very obvious. Promotion is sometimes a popularity contest.
Pros
compensations and benefits
Cons
poor work-life balance
Excellent Employment
LEAD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 31, 2018
Golden State Foods is an excellent place for employment they work with you to advance to the next level of your career have excellent benefits and pay very well also overtime is giving everyday without any problems
Good job, great benefits, decent pay.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2018
Been here 20 plus years, this is a good job with decent pay and great benefits. Health insurance is no cost for you and your family and the pension is funded by the company. There is s 401k if you want to contribute more with no match since the pension is so generous. The equipment is fairly new and most drivers take care of the trucks and trailers. We do have demanding customers ( McDonald's and Chipotles) and so we are a 24/7 operation and work 365 days s year. You will work alot of hours and holidays and weekends, but are well paid for it. Cons: Management could be better and drivers more recognized, if you do your job and are a team player you will have no problems. If you want to complain about the hours and schedule stay where
you are, it takes many years for a good schedule and even then you need to be flexible. I never have had a job where everything was perfect, this job has been very good to myself and my family and guess what yes we had to make sacrifices. Good luck in your search. If your not a crybaby, apply we need you. If not stay away.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Management could be better
Think Twice about working here
no actual title given (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 24, 2018
I got hired as a Materials Manager, that job was given to someone else prior to my arriving. I spent 3 weeks on the floor watching production work, only to then be assigned to create reports for the President, then I was moved to a production reporting role, only to be told at my 90 days that I was not a good fit for the job. When I asked "what job was I not a good fit for?" they couldn't tell me (because I never got an actual job title. President wants to hire people who can provide new ideas on improving, however, when you do, you won't be working here long.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper Management
This job should only be intended for someone in need of money short term
Cup Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 21, 2018
It was that bad but it also wasnt the best job either. There's absolutely no scheduled days off for any reason. No paid lunch and can be strict. Favoritism is very strong there even when it comes to the department managers on down to the leads. This job is for people who needs money fast and to find something else soon after. It's strictly 7 days per week including some forced 12hrs shifts in between. Over 65% of the production workers have fmla due to no scheduled days off. Maybe even more that has it.
Pros
Good money
Cons
You're basically declining your overall health just to make good money
Life at Gsf
Liquid Products (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 20, 2018
Good Benefits
Poor Work life Balance
Managers need to focus on people motivation instead of too many meetings
Need better employee training and incentive programs
Good Co-Workers
Puts money into the company environment but not on the equipment
Benefits
Cons
No time off to be with family. Only Managers get this perk