Golden Valley Health Centers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place To Learn
IT (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CAMay 4, 2018
Yes you will learn many skills here. Once you learn those new skill take them elsewhere because as much as the CEO says he wants GVHC to be employer of choice, the pay says otherwise. Yes the pay is horrible for the size of the company that is growing too big too fast. The not so brightest seem to be promoted to mid level management/ supervisor positions. Turnover is high for the reasons I mentioned but if you are desperate for a job and need to make ends meet then this is the place for you.
Pros
healthcare, coworkers
Cons
management, wages
unhappy
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMarch 20, 2018
rather would not mention anything. I did not have the best experience working there. I don't feel like certain individuals are treated fairly. There is also a lot of favoritism and they make it obvious.
Overall good place to work
Health Information Representative (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CAMarch 14, 2018
I really loved the job I had here not because of my job duties but because of the team that I was able to work with. I think they need some serious changes in upper management which prevent the employees from really dedicating themselves to their work due to unnecessary burdens being placed on them.
Generous benefits and Competitive wages
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  AtwaterMarch 10, 2018
Its rare that you find a company that pays well, has a developed management staff, and encouraged learning opportunities. All management educated in their role with leadership encouraging continued development while creating a happy work / life balance - coupled with education to develop skills for better patient service experience.

All directors and management available to assist, and willing to hear how processes can improve. Excellent company - so happy to be a part of such a forward thinking organization!
Pros
Amazing 0 deductible benefits, environment, pay, savings plans, co-workers, purpose GVCH exists, I can go on and on!
Cons
Only con - heavy work load - but that's not a bad thing for a growing organization!
Productive and fun work place
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Planada, CADecember 26, 2017
Great experience working and growing in my knowledge in my field. Staff and managers where very helpful and welcoming.i would definitely work there again if I would be given the opportunity.
Not organized
Temporary Assignment, Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CADecember 11, 2017
Not organized. Patients got upset way too much. Poor management. Being away from home was hard. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was there trying my hardest.
Pros
Smiles
Cons
Away from home. Felt lonely/ isolated
Very stressful environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 27, 2017
Processing patients for appointments, customer service, changing providers schedules, collecting copays, verifying insurance, translating for patients, helping my supervisor with audits, working in all departments in the clinic, which include Womens Health, Pediatrics, Family Practice, ENT, and urgent care.
Cons
Very well rounded work environment.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAOctober 19, 2017
Good communication with co-workers. Loved the environment at the work place. Enjoyed being an employee there. I liked helping patients I whatever they needed.
Stressful. Poor salaries, overworked
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CASeptember 11, 2017
Management sucks. There is no room to advance in career. Pay sucks. Management is always at "meetings" and when needed in the office they are no where to be found. Employees are over worked and unable to find time to take state mandated breaks at times. All this company cares about is making money they don't care about employees or patients. Management constantly tells their employees "maybe GVHC isn't the place for you"
Cons
Poor pay.
Poor management
Immunization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 7, 2017
Poor upper management they forced many wonderful people out of the organization. Unfair hiring practices. This was once a wonderful place to work, infortunate.
Pros
Large employer
Cons
Poor management
fun to see all rotation
Student Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 21, 2017
Golden valley was a fun rotation, you have the chance to work and see something new, we gave injections, observe PCP with mothers to be and how they did pap smear. give injections
Great workplace
Patient Accounts Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 19, 2017
I definitely enjoyed my time with the company. I gained an immense amount of knowledge as well as skills that will help me succeed in future occupations.
Pros
Bonus, company parties
Cons
Healthcare
Feels like home
LVN, Nursing Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 12, 2017
Competitive, Patient centered, Friendly environment. Coming to work everyday feels like meeting friends for 8 hours. Everyone at Golden Valley from co-workers to managers are really friendly and caring.
Nice place to work.
Front Office Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 14, 2017
A great place to work if you are new at Supervising. Many mentors are available to coach you. Company encourages promotion from within. They strive to give their employees the tools to help them cope with the stresses of working in a busy medical clinic.
Very proffessional
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 10, 2017
Very professional
Outgoing
Friendly staff
Open to new patients
Always working as a team
Very clean
Fast paced environment
A lot of room to grow within the company
learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 3, 2017
There is a good learning experience with the insurance, management are always willing to listen. Coworker are fun to work with and they really help out when needed.
1st office job
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 6, 2017
This was my first real job as a young mom. I loved it. I had the best manager. Not only did I learn the whole office profession I learned Spanish. I became great friends with the staff, doctors and patients.
Pros
Learned Spanish
Cons
No cons
wonderful coworkers happy place
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 26, 2017
GVHC was a great place to work until Dr. Diego was forced to leave then everything fell to pieces.The new CEO changed everything for the worse. To keep employees happy and excited you have to have good management and he has changed this completely.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
management is horrible
No growth opportunity
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 21, 2017
Need better Management. There is no opportunity for growth. They only hire there friends. It’s not about what you know its who you know. The pay is garbage and they pile on work loads. Always short staffed and have a ton of work.
Fast paced environment and good pay with opportunity to grow.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAApril 4, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Golden Valley Health Centers it is a fun and productive place, pay was good and I loved that there is opportunity for growth within the company.