Golden Voice English Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Easy Prepwork - Monotonous Lessons
English Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OkJune 25, 2018
GVE gives you everything you need. Powerpoint presentations are made, all help is readily available, all you have to do is look over everything before class and show up. Once you have been teaching for a while though, the activities are repeated constantly which becomes extremely boring. There are an array of issues with the conference software, and the students have their own technical difficulties as well. You need a lot of patience. All classes are recorded and most likely there are parents present and hovering/co-teaching to give some added stress. Over all it isn't bad. You get into a routine and it's hard to excite. The vocabulary is random and there's no clear level to students or classes.
Good Summer Job with SUmmer hours.
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Anywhere USJune 1, 2018
Very accommodating management. Excellent staff. Pay was rather delayed but came through. Somewhat hectic and confusing scheduling at start of semesters.
Excellent Company
Certified English Tutor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 29, 2018
I have only been with GVE for a couple of months but so far I really like them. They are super fast with getting back to you if you have questions or concerns. I love working remotely and I love the fact that every class is recorded, I can see why this would be a protection for the teacher and students alike. They are flexible and management is concerned with a smooth business.
Pros
Work from home. Good hourly pay.
Cons
Must work REALLY early in the morning.
Great as a summer job for teachers or as a supplement to regular income
Online English Tutor (Former Employee) –  OnlineApril 29, 2018
GVE is a great tutoring platform. The interview process is not complicated and everything gets set up for you to begin online tutoring rather quickly. Tutoring these students is a lot of fun and pretty stress-free because GVE creates all the content for you, you simply carry out the lessons. The hours are not super flexible though, which is really the only downside.
Great for remote work opportunity
Online English Language Learner (ELL) Tutor (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 21, 2018
Overall, I have been pleased with my work experience at GVE. I understand my job and am able to execute without issues. Lessons are available to download and the schedule is posted in advance. My recommendation would be for tutors to have a direct contact to discuss progress.
Enjoyed this job
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2018
I worked here during the summer part time. They are very nice and were helpful even though my schedule became busy when I returned to full time teaching.
Pros
Hours are really great during summer months
Cons
Students wonderful, company not so much
Tutor (Former Employee) –  OnlineJanuary 11, 2018
The students are great but you can find them everywhere. The company does not respect its' teachers by continuing to hire without giving current employees more hours. I have never had more than half of my availability scheduled. When I asked for more hours I was told they didn't have enough students. Then why while I was job searching did they have a current ad for teachers running? There are no incentives at all and the pay was consistently late or not correct. They don't even have a definite 'payday'. The PPT's are lovely but that doesn't make up for anything else. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Ppt
Cons
Hours, Pay, Management
Pays once a month and pay was late!
ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Home BasedDecember 26, 2017
They pay only once a month and the last two months that I worked there they paid us at least a week late. Unlike other schools, they had no way for us to see the hours we worked as went. You must keep track of it on your own and send emails back and forth if there is something wrong.
I loved it when I first started but it quickly went downhill. Like several other online schools they over hired so we couldn't get more hours and we couldn't get less than the required 15 hours per week so it would be difficult to work a second job.
All in all I don't recommend this-the last two months the scheduling was a circus really! How difficult was it for them to assign classes to teachers? On Mondays even though my schedule was wide open I had one class but was required to have the whole shift open. They also schedule in blocks of three hours-unlike other schools where you can do half hour slots.
If you want odd hours, late pay, and rude management then GVE is the job for you!
Pros
the students
Cons
no benefits
Bad communication
ESL Tutor (Former Employee) –  onlineAugust 1, 2017
I hated the miscommunication with managers and lack of consistency with the managers. A lot of times I was missing a teachers assistant and could not get in touch with anyone. Really cute kids though!
Pros
Cute kids, Easy teaching material
Cons
Miscommunication Lack of consistency
Love the kids
Online ESL tutor for Chinese Students (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJune 22, 2017
I love the job, but had a difficult time with poor communication at times with management. I also have been frustrated with the lack of consistency in when we are paid. Varies greatly, so difficult to depend on payment.
Pros
work at home
Cons
poor pay consistency
Still new but enjoy the setup
Online English Tutor (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 24, 2017
I really enjoy the format of the classes and the ease of teaching the lesson material. The support staff is efficient and easy to contact.Please be aware that the majority of the work hours are early morning hours for Eastern Standard Time.
Pros
Hourly pay; Classroom material;
Cons
Early hours
Guest services
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Indio, CADecember 7, 2016
Working for golden voice was an amazing experience because i got to meet new people. Help people out and most importantly get to enjoy live music.
Pros
catering, meal tickets, live music
Cons
wish it was longer