Goldline International, Inc Employee Reviews

avoid this company
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 28, 2017
I short Management is horrible, mean spirited with no regard for the families the employees have trusted them with. Management is not capable of informing employees the truth.
i am leaving due to finding out things about the Company that will affect my family's future and were not disclosed.
Pros
none, none
Cons
Management, no sales support.
Compliance
Senior Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 30, 2017
This was a great opportunity to learn and enforce compliance rules and policies as related to sales and FTC guidelines.

Counseling was a big component with this position-as we were charged with monitoring sales staff during live presentations and training sessions. Developing better counseling techniques and listening skills.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
goldline
Facilities Cle (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 25, 2016
They need better management overall no a bad company to work for all though they can work on certain things get more competent people to have managerial positions
Goldline
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Easy to get along with colleagues. They recognize hard working employees. Able to step up in the ladder when they see its necessary.
great training
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  LADecember 30, 2014
wolf of wall street. up down all around lots of ,obey but not a good work life balance.
Pros
training
Cons
everything else
Pleasant work culture with sales trading floor
Shipment Tracking Coordinator - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 22, 2014
Daily operations included making sure that consumer orders were logged and accounts managed. I learned about the acquisition of precious metals and materials. The job culture was extremely pleasant and wonderful. My co-workers were nothing short of awesome. There was no hard part about the position which was great. I truly enjoyed my time there and managed to develop some wonderful business relationships.
Pros
Great work and offcie culture, work flow was constant
Cons
Wage
Goldline International, LLC
Accounting Staff (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 29, 2014
I've learned many things working at this company. I was able to utilize the skills I learned in school. Getting the hands on experience and learning something new day to day.
Good Management and fun place to work
EXECUTIVE PRECIOUS METALS TRADER (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Serving as an Executive at Goldline International my responsibilities include, managing client portfolios of new and existing clients, while introducing new clients to the commodities industry through education.
Selling diversification strategies’ to maintain and preserve client assets.
Marketing and advising new and existing clients on Exclusive Limited Edition Products
Maintaining a book of business, monitoring daily market trends, planning and forecasting assets
Converting Retirement accounts such as Traditional, Simple, Roth, SEP, TSP, 403B, 457, and 401K’s
Buying, selling, and liquidating client assets as needed
Fostering relationships and strengthening client portfolio diversity
Pros
People
Cons
Commission Only
Excellent company to be a part of
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 16, 2013
Fantastic company and tremendous learning and growth from the position,
High pressure sales environment
Manger of Business Intelligence Development (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 21, 2013
Sales team is overvalued. Support teams are severly undervalued.
Fun work enviornment, Call center setting
Client Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 18, 2013
A typical day at work consist of your general call center duties which includes answer inbound calls and confirming sales order according to the company script. You learn different office task and about the precious metals industry. Management could be indirect at times and need to imporve on communicating directly. Co-workers are fun and friendly they are big on getting together and hanging out. The hardest part of the job is when sales are slow. The majority of your work is based on the outcome of the sales team. When things are slow you could find yourself at a complete standstill. The most enjoyable part of the job is confirming the sales order and free lunch every friday paid by the account executives.
Pros
free lunch for client services department every friday
Cons
benefit packet could be better; you have to sign up to work saturday's
Efficently organizied process to ensure customer satifaction
Supervisor of Operations Department (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 10, 2012
A typical day at Goldline was filled with report review and troubleshooting. The management was always very supportive as our common goal was complete customer satisfaction. the team of administrative professionals that I worked with and supervised excelled in the responsibilities that they had and always made time to assist others on the team during high volume periods. The hardest part of the job was keeping the team from stressing in the midst of rumors of impending mass layoffs. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was working in an company that had very strong checks and balances in place which meant that we were able to spend time processing orders rather than fielding customer complaint calls.
Pros
the company showed appreciation to the staff regularly.
Cons
not enough parking at our building.
Professional workplace with great co-workers
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 5, 2012
A typical day at work for me started at 7:30am, first thing in the morning I would boot up the computer and check my email for anything that came in after hours. I would receive monitoring reports from our outside legal firm detailing any compliance related issues found by their monitors. I also had several daily reminders set in Microsoft Outlook for audits I would have to perform. At 8:30am I would attend the morning training meeting for newly hired Account Executives and would monitor and make any corrections as required from a compliance standpoint. At 9am I would attend the company wide morning meeting and take copies of any handouts for my co-workers, manager and VP. After the morning meeting I would be at my desk reading, printing and filing monitoring reports for review. Then I would perform any tasks I had scheduled for the day, including audits, tracking and sorting data using complex excel spreadsheets, monitoring sales calls, doing research online regarding new telemarketing laws or precious metals information, and assisting my manager or VP with any projects. Toward the end of the day at 3pm I would take the monitoring reports and go down to the sales floor for compliance reviews. I would review compliance issues face to face with Account Executives and provide additional coaching regarding company policy.

My co-workers made the job fun and a pleasure to go to every day. They were all very intelligent, professional, and had good senses of humor. My manager and VP were amazing, they trained me in any area I showed interest in, and allowed me to assist on important
  more... projects. I enjoy learning and being able to contribute to the overall business and strive to make myself better all the time.

The hardest part of the job were the compliance reviews, there were some very strong personalities to deal with. Being able to maintain control during the meeting and get the point across without being heavy handed was a real art and took practice to perfect. We had to be at the top of our game every single day because we were constantly challenged to explain compliance related issues or company policy.

I learned many things in this position including how to remain calm and professional under pressure, how to deal with all types of personalities, how to review and edit legal documents and disclosures, create and review training material, create complex excel spreadsheets with varying uses, research laws and statutes online and to work independently and know what needs to be done without being asked to do it.
Pros
free parking, free bagels and donuts on monday, free pizza on fridays, free lunches on certain holidays, gift cards or other raffle prizes at christmas, great benefits, medical, dental, vision, and 401k
Cons
long commute, sedentary (hours straight of just computer work).
Work
General Administrative (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 17, 2012
At Goldline unless you are a salesperson you don't really exsist. Until you make a mistake. You will only get recongnition once a year. If you are the favorite of one of the "higher up's", as in they hired you, then no problem. A few good people.