Goldman Sachs Employee Reviews

Found 845 reviews matching the search See all 1,285 reviews
Summary
Attorney, Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Providing 24-7 legal advise to business teams. Typical work week includes being on the clock and logging in after work hours. Good company benefits, and compensation.
productive
Senior Selenium Automation QA (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 7, 2019
in a word ,fantastic workplace in term of not only to work along with learning but to develop own self in many aspects that give the confidence to work in challenging environment .
Political Nightmare
Head of Agile PMO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2019
Probably the most political environment I’ve ever experienced. Management is adversarial to Agile concepts and unwilling to accept new ideas. I was brought in to bring new ideas to Agile development practices and product management but the heads of the division were unwillling to try anything new.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Culture, Politics, Extremely long work hours are expected
Overall experience
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2019
This was my first job out of college. It provided a good base in terms of knowledge and working in a large corporation. One of the things I enjoyed the most was participating on the various sports teams the company sponsored.
Productive, Fun
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60605January 4, 2019
A typical day at Goldman was busy and at time a little stressful, due to a fast-paced industry. Overall, it was a great place to work. I enjoyed working for my Supervisor and Managing Director.
Pros
Free lunches, bonus
Cons
Not long enough
Awesome Experience
Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2019
The program I worked on was the 10,000 Small Businesses Accelerator delivered through Cuyahoga Community. The goal of the program was to educate local business owners on how to grow and also to prepare financially for bank presentations.
Pros
Worked with brilliant dedicated people
Cons
A Business within a business; grant funded; not as much autonomy as promised
Busy and dynamic environment
Sr. Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 1, 2019
Generally it depends on your immediate manager and their managing style. With a good manager it is a fun and productive place to be! I loved it! They require quite a lot of flexibility from you- something to consider.
Analyst
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 31, 2018
Great company to work for, opportunities such as travel, 401k, employee and employer relations, benefits are great, wellness program such as use of gym
Good company with challenging work environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 26, 2018
Good company with challenging work environment; long hours; fairly flexible internal mobility; generally supportive work culture; good benefits; strong management
Excellent place to work.
CLIENT SERVICES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2018
Great company, many people I have meet and great relationship. Best experience.., I came in not knowing much. The advisory, guide me to a career path.
Pros
Best company
Cons
Known
Productive Workplace
Operations Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2018
It was a very fast-paced and productive environment. I enjoyed my time there and would recommend it to someone else. You have to be willing to work hard.
Exemplary team members working hard in strict corporate environment
Associate, Content Management Group, GIR (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 24, 2018
Long hours grinding with an exemplary team of very smart and driven individuals. GS provides ample opportunities to grow and learn, however the corporate structure can stymie autonomy and independent decisions, and creative thinking. Compensation is great, but the environment can be competitive.
Pros
Compensation, experience, team
Cons
Long hours, limited recreation or team building activities, limited to no work amenities
Highly demanding environment, commercially oriented
Vice President, High Yield (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2018
GS is an excellent organization with top quality professionals. The environment is demanding with a focus on commerciality of actions. Substantial opportunity to learn and advance
Welcome to the machine
Senior Associate, Team Leader, Client Onboarding (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 22, 2018
If you are looking for a place that will take every ounce of you it can and then expect that and more to get ahead this is your place. If you want to work long hours in an extremely fast paced environment for poor managers and extremely low pay for the effort required this is also your place. Don't ever let them tell you they're a meritocracy because advancement is extremely political and not based on ability at all. If you can make your managers think you're awesome, whether you are or not you'll be fine.
Pros
Never boring, competitive, and work skills
Cons
Pay, management, and work/life balance
Great Company but Back Office Work isn't Glamorous
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2018
While I feel that GS is great company employing great and talented individuals, the work in the back-office is dull. The firm is making an effort to provide interesting opportunities to those in the back-office but often your daily responsibilities consume most of your time. The pay is okay but don't expect large bonuses. Highly recommend the firm for its competitive yet collaborative culture that pushes you to achieve.
Pros
Great Culture, Brand Recognition, Talented Colleagues
Cons
Few opportunities for interesting work
Great Job to Have
Savings Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 18, 2018
I loved my time at Goldman. I'd never been around such motivated people. Everybody had similar mindsets and goals and it was a positive, healthy environment to work in. Everyone I met was caring and I didn't have any problems with the job. Benefits were outstanding.
Excellent Company
Administrative Assistant/Presentations Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 10, 2018
Working here your dealing with the best of the best. Lots of work to do and nice buildings. Co workers are top notch and the best employees you can work with.
Great place to get exposure to markets
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2018
This was one of greatest financial firms in history. They gave me an opportunity to expand my horizons and be creative with my work. The people I reported to treated me really well.
Daily day at Goldman Sachs
Documentation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 1, 2018
Worked with very knowledgeable people. Constant meetings with bosses on our daily workflow. Culture was very family driven. Hardest part of job, deadlines had to be met, bu that's what made the job exciting.
Pros
Mentor, training classes, bonuses
Cons
long hours, weekend work
Great place to work.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
Great Company with exceptional benefits and advancement. I had the pleasure of working with and for the Global Head of Compliance and a Member of the Management Commuttee.
Pros
Great firm
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goldman Sachs. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

53%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

89%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss