Goldman Sachs Employee Reviews

Fantastic place to work; Filled with incredibly intelligent individuals
Summer Analyst, Leveraged Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2018
My summer at Goldman Sachs was fantastic. I spent 10 weeks learning about an area that truly fascinates me and look forward to returning to the firm.
Adds value to resume
Senior Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 17, 2018
A great place to learn a majority of skills, technical and non-technical. The company value adds a lot to your resume. As an individual with minimal financial knowledge, I had immensely benefited from the exposure to financial products. The work culture is great and it's a fun place to work. Initial days are long and depending on the role, you do have to work long hours which is the case with most companies. The best part about working for Goldman is your voice is heard. You get to make recommendations, put your thoughts on the table and heavily involve yourself in project decisions.
Intelligent and driven culture, but not for everyone
Sr. Equity Derivatives Analyst – Settlements (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 15, 2018
I mostly enjoyed the day-to-day work, and my co-workers were almost always amazing. But int he end the work life balance proved to much for my wife and 3 young kids and I had to leave.
Pros
Smart People
Cons
Horrible work life balance
Global leader in the financial services industry.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Very dynamic environment. Long demanding workday and work week. Employees are recognized and rewarded typically better than most other financial services companies.
Hard working environment with success driven individuals
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 12, 2018
While working for Goldman Sachs I was able to meet many success oriented individuals that were always willing to grow by keeping their minds open to new procedures. There is certainly diversity of cultures and backgrounds. This in turn opens the way to innovative ideas and growth inside the company. Goldman Sachs promotes education and continuous improvement by providing constant feedback (through managers) and support to overcome any challenge that workers might be facing, whether this be time management, coping with stress, or team work deficiencies. Workers are undoubtedly compensated for their efforts and the company is willing to invest in those individuals that are willing to invest in the company. That being said, if a person is willing to invest many hours of their work week, they will be taken care of by the company.
Pros
Fulfillment in hard work ethic
Cons
Life/work balance
Good place to start career
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Very solid place to start your career. Great exposure to intelligent, driven coworkers.

Well-recognized company across multiple product segments and businesses
working at gs
Equities Execution Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2018
if you thrive under pressure its for you. office culture is not the same as compared to other investment banks. prepare for lots of office politics. would only recommend for the name on resume
Work at GS to learn how to work
Vice President, Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 6, 2018
It is an amazing place to work and it will change you as a person. You will grow, develop and learn all kinds of things. You will never be challenged personally, intellectually and emotionally the way this place can. On the downside, it can be a little cult-like and the culture can consume your entire life if you're not careful.
Pros
Develop your skill set. Mostly meritocratic. Will give responsibility to the young and the new.
Cons
Propaganda, Work-life balance can vary wildly depending on team, Non-work related activities can become kind of smothering.
Goldman Sachs
Compliance KYC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 5, 2018
Conducted enhanced due diligence on high-risk customers to identify potential legal, regulatory or reputational risk. Ensured that completed KYC Profiles are accurate and portray an accurate and detailed description of Bank customer
Fast paced work culture
Vice President, Realty Management Division (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Goldman with down to earth smart people in a fast pace environment. You still have to deal with workplace politics and some people are in there to retire.
working with the sharpest people i know
commodity derivative trader (Former Employee) –  Greater LondonAugust 28, 2018
This place is really a group of the sharpest minds around. I know, there is a lot of bad press coming from the financial crisis but none of it is warranted - the people who actually understand this business and know what they are talking about will tell you that this is a collection of the smartest people all working together in a well-defined corporate culture.
Conservative financial company
Senior Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2018
There were very good benefits, and occasional technical auditorium presentations. They open layout was hit or miss depending on who was nearby- could be insanely loud and annoying.
Team Oriented culture; very supportive
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
Goldman is a team oriented firm. Everyone is encouraged to follow this structure. My day could be extremely hectic at times, but everyone I worked with over many years was extremely friendly and supportive. It was a pleasure to come to work every day. My efforts were appreciated all the time. I retired feeling that way.

My last 8 years were some of the best. Fantastic people to work with and I had no complaints. Goldman always sought "the best and the brightest."
High paced and high pressure
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2018
Environment is fast paced, high pressure and team oriented. Work with clients and internal team members globally. Always a learning environment and very focused on promoting diversity, work/life balance. The firm looks to set the standard in technology leadership as well as yearly compensation. Mentorship is an important part of the culture. Very extensive benefits package.
Pros
Benefits and full compensation package. Onsite gym, daycare, health unit, paid lunch hour and overtime
Cons
High pressure, work life balance
Good Culture
Summer Analyst - Asset Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2018
I did a summer internship with GSAM in NY and enjoyed it. Management was easily accessible and happy to talk. The work was meaningful and hours were not unreasonable.
Overall great experience
Equity Trading Middle Office Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2018
Highly intelligent people and great team environment. Overall, a great experience working here. Most enjoyable part of the job were the challenging projects.
Too much to do with little to no help
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2018
Goldman is an amazing company. The business focus is to have 40% head count with over 100% work load. Expected to work 50 or more hours a week without work from home flexibility. Hours may vary depending on team coverage.
Pros
Resume builder
Cons
Short breaks and lunches
Highly stressful
Consultant - Client On-boarding (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
They make consultants compete for a permanent position. The pay is high, but they will squeeze every penny's worth from you. Their systems use a proprietary language that was derived from Java, called Slang. No real IDE to code your changes.
A good place to work
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2018
People there are nice and helpful. We can do great projects. During our work we will often discuss with each other if we have questions, and we will have the chance to review each other's codes.
You are always replaceable
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 14, 2018
NO matter your tenure or time with the company you are always on the hot seat. Not really a place to grow or develop yourself unless the skills you are looking for are corporate bureaucracy. Also plan on a minimum of a 55 hour work week.
Pros
Pay and benefit package
Cons
Everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goldman Sachs. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.6Fairygodboss Score

53%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

89%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.