Golf Galaxy Employee Reviews

learned how to achieve goals in a organized team environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIJune 12, 2019
nice place to work. nice employees to work and grow with. fun to finish projects on time in the ever changing retail world. great to work with different athletes every day to try and make them better and confident about there purchase.
Pros
good healthcare 401k
Cons
tight pay and raises
Great place to work with the right GM.
FT Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 23, 2019
I worked for GG for 2 years and really enjoyed my time there. I had an outstanding GM and he taught me quite a bit about how to be a success in my future career path. I enjoyed the people I worked with and Ioved coming to work every day. The customers were a bit of a challenge but were generally quite pleasant to deal with.
Pros
Fun if you like golf
Cons
Na
Cashier and Sales
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 22, 2019
A fairly typical retail job, but so much fun if you're a golfer. The retail part can get stressful in the middle of the summer because so many people are out golfing everyday. Keeping stock organized is crucial, especially on the floor. Being a golfer will make you a lot more successful. Being able to fit clubs, make recommendations on equipment is a plus. When there's lull in customers coming in, you get to hit balls in the simulator with the newest editions of clubs.
Pros
golf simulator and putting green, relaxed during the day, military discount, employee discount
Cons
rushes with upset customers, strict return policy that customers like to try to break
Business depends on the season
Player's assistant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 23, 2019
The summers are busy but the winter and early spring sucks—the store is nearly empty. The representatives from our companies take care of us. The pay isn’t representative of the work employees do.
Decent starting Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Reading, MAApril 23, 2019
It is a good place to work, but I am looking to earn more and learn more. I have a lot of new gained knowledge from my education and want to do better for myself moving forward. It is a good environment but just looking for better opportunities.
Fun environment to work in
Cashier and sales associate (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJApril 5, 2019
I loved working at golf galaxy because the employees along with my employer were so welcoming and friendly. I enjoyed helping all customers with their questions with certain golf equipment, managing the security of the store, and processing customer transactions. Each day at work was not relaxed, but not overly quick paced. It was the perfect job setting. The store manager and all other managers did great jobs taking care of the business. I did not see many flaws. I do not recall the hardest part of my job, but the most enjoyable was selling certain golf gear to customers and explaining the benefits and perks of the product.
Pros
Discounts
Fun workplace
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 31, 2019
Management of store is awesome..Scheduling is very fair and balanced. Working conditions are good with the freedom to incorporate your ideas. Customers can be trying at times.
Pros
Fun products
Cons
Non
Incredibly busy retail golf store
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 25, 2019
A job that used to be fun and manageable, has become difficult, as sales goals increase and payroll and staffing decrease. Like many jobs, we are asked to do way more with much less.
Fun sales environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMarch 10, 2019
Much easier store to run; more personable relationships with customers and smaller focus on one part of the industry. Employees were more engaged and satisfied.
Excellent company to work for overall
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYMarch 5, 2019
In addition to my many years of management and experience in this field I enjoy playing golf and working with customers regarding customer service this has always been my strength in business to enjoy people!
Pros
good work environment
Cons
could not give one
Must love golf
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJanuary 23, 2019
Golf Galaxy is a great place to work if you play golf or even if you understand the fundamentals of the game.

The busy season begins March 1 through September.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Not knowing anything about golf
Fun!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2019
This is my second job. I work full time. But I love working here. The people are amazing and I feel right at home when I am there. Compensation is Okay, I mean its retail so you shouldn't expect something significant unless you are a full time Manager. Job security is kinda of eh. Because it is retail and with Amazon, and Online Shopping thriving the way it is, who knows when and if the store will be closed. Definitely not something Id recommend as an actual career choice. Just something to do for extra money.
Pros
People, Environment
Cons
Lack of Job Security
Customer interaction is a success
Sales Associate/Club Fitter/Club Repair (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 14, 2019
Golf Galaxy, a subsidiary of Dicks Sporting Goods, focuses mainly on golf from equipment to apparel to equipment repair which is my position within the company.
Pros
Work independently in the tour shop
Cons
Gray areas within commission
Great Management and Co-workers
Player's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 11, 2019
The majority of all part-time work is going to be spent at the register, especially for those just starting out. There are opportunities for advancement to sales, club repair, and other positions.

Probably the best thing about this job is the management and my co-workers. All of my managers are awesome, and they have always been good about working with me and scheduling around school and other events! Turnover, especially at the leadership level has been very low, which is great.

Work flow depends very much on the seasons: Summer is crazy busy, Winter is crazy slow. This also affects the hours part-timers get, where I would work over 30 hours a week during the summer, but maybe 15 during the winter months.

Overall, great part-time job for anyone. I'm pretty certain everyone I've talked to started above minimum wage (even those with no experience). There are/have been several employees with little to no golf experience, and still managed to succeed. If you are willing to put forth an effort, you will get along just fine.
Pros
Great work environment, some fringe benefits, management treats you like an adult if you act like one.
Cons
hours depend on season, having to push more Dick's Sporting Goods products (credit cards, warranties, etc.)
sales floor
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2019
great place to work for and also a decent discount. i have learned all my customer facing skills with this company and was promoted semi fast. the people and management are great
difficult place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHDecember 26, 2018
training is good and on-going.upper management difficult to work for-always changing rules & guidelines on a daily basis and you can never do anything right. scheduling is a disaster even when you provide your availability in writing. company "discount" is a joke. if you don't mind getting yelled at every day and even cussed out you will love it at GG.
Pros
trying out new clubs
Cons
employee discounts
Drama filled work place
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2018
The culture in this store is is based around whocan stab who in the back the most. This starts with the GM and travels down through the entire staff.
fun place to work
Player's Associate (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHDecember 15, 2018
fun place to work. Good co-workers and good management. My tenure was temporary as I looked for a long term position in my chosen field. Pay was fair, but low. Hours were OK. It is retail so that goes with the territory.
great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 14, 2018
I knew nothing about the sport golf but from working there I got to meet and actually learn the sport and actually enjoy it I would recommend this job to anyone
Pros
the people
Good part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 23, 2018
Great for older people or younger kids looking for part time work. Very friendly staff and managers who are very easy to talk to. Sometimes brings in food/coffee for employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golf Galaxy. Our community is ready to answer.