GoMed Healthcare

Working at GoMed Healthcare: 8 Reviews

United States8 reviews

Great PRN pay

This is agency work in LTACH's. The patient load is heavy and the work is hard but you get daily pay at a really good rate. If you are looking to make quick money this is a great start.

Pros

Great daily pay

Cons

short staffed

Over 100% turnover every six months

The first warning about this company is that if something appears to be too good to be true often is. GoMed is a company that does a great job of appearing to be something they are not. Upon being hired, you are promised great pay and quick promotions. Personally, I was given a raise and a plan for a promotion to management within three months of being hired. They will claim to care about you personally and respect your work/life balance. This is simply a lie. Overtime is expected. However, if you work overtime you are accused of not working efficiently during work hours, but if you leave on time you are accused of not being a team player. Executive level managers have no integrity and cannot be trusted. I told one about a personal family matter in confidence because it was affecting my work and it was brought up by the other less than a week later. They will regularly gossip about other employees and openly discuss work and personal matters about other people. Work expectations are never made clear. I worked for GoMed for eight months, worked in three different departments and never received consistent training or clarity. Any questions to executive managers will be interrupted immediately with a claim of where things are going and then stories about themselves. To perspective contract nurses, you will be promised high hourly rates and daily pay. This is sometimes true but not always. I watched the payroll manager ignore calls from nurses on a daily basis, refuse to check voice-mails, and expect others to do their work for them while walking around the office to socialize. -

GoMed Healthcare insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • General feeling of work happiness

Interesting Work Environment...

GoMed Healthcare had a lot of room for advancement but it came with a cost... Expectations were set too high on employees. Working there, work life balance was non existent except for those in management. Even then, some managers were giving all of their time away to GoMed rather than their own families. You were expected to work on the business instead of in the business. That meant employees had to take an ownership mentality. This was never explained within my own interview process, nor the interviews I sat in on for potential new hires.The CEO didn't have clear cut expectations. It was mentioned that when you stay late, you're not doing enough for GoMed during office hours. But if you're not staying late, then you're not doing enough for GoMed when the time came. Salary fluctuated based on how well management thought you were working. Be prepared to get a raise, and be prepared to have it taken away. Given the direction of the economy and other issues, life was never considered when it came to the work many employees put in. Management was typically too busy to help when it was really needed. You either had to know what you were doing, or be prepared to be shuffled into another department. If you are a new hire, also be prepared to be shuffled into a new position even when things are going well or before you even start working. GoMed uses a PEO to help manage the day to day operations of the business. Take this into consideration when applying here.

Cut throat. U do something wrong ur fired

High turnover rate. As many people fired as those who quit. No stability. Ur promised bonuses, but it's not received. Your promoted n told you will put in extra hours, but no raise

Would not refer

No respect for one person. Management is bipolar. Promises are not met. Led to believe greatness, but sadly after a short time you’ll find that you had been misled.

Great Daily Pay!

I do not like the LTACH environment however getting paid daily is an absolute benefit. You also will get paid on holidays if worked! Your pay rate is nearly double or triple your staff job as an RN! Payroll seems to never close. Everyone from scheduling to payroll seem very supportive. As an ICU RN it is nice to have a change of pace. I work for every dollar but I feel like I am being compensated for what I'm worth!

Pros

High hourly rate, Paid Daily, Great Communication

Cons

High ratios

Excellent Staffing Agency

A team that cares about their Nurses. As an RN you are valued and the team strives to make sure you will get scheduled shifts. They staff a host of facilities and continue to grow.

Pros

Flexible schedules, competitive pay

I feel valued

I feel like an asset to this company in that I am compensated accordingly and am asked for my input on my assignments, I am provided an incentive when I extend myself to help pick up extra.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoMed Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits