Gompers Habilitation Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Very stressful
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2018
If I could give them a 0 star I would. Poor management the company only thinks of the image not the care of the individuals so sad 99% of the staff is only there for a paycheck.
Poor Management all the way around
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2018
Day at work - bad tension, no effective employee training, bad moral

Management - only look out for themselves, Practice bias views. NO SUPPORT FOR EMPLOYEES

HR - Waste of a position. Uses personal views to make decisions. NO SUPPORT FOR EMPLOYEES

I witnessed an employee get terminated over voicing an opinion to upper management.

The decision to terminate was based on back lash for speaking up..

This just explains why the rest of us are usually afraid to speak up.

From my experience the employee turn rate is outrageous.

Management needs to open there eyes and realize that the lack of support is NOT in the best interest of the members.

Members suppose to be first, but management only care about how the perception looks on Facebook or to society.

After giving this place so many years I am thinking I might be next to be terminated since I will begin to voice what is really happening.

I will take to social media and news outlets to expose the crooked methods used to obtain funding. Hopefully the Board of Directors will pay attention once they begin to receive Bad Publicity.
Pros
Working with the members and some staff
Cons
The work culture
Stressful
Data Entry/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2017
U have to literally be in physical close contact on a permanent basis. You are running aftet members and dealing with behaviors non stop and the pay is horrible. Not worth it
Great Place
Habilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 13, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working here and hope to succeed in a career in the behavioral health field. Working here I learned how to deescalate aggressive situations.
Need better training for supervisors and director
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2015
Could use in depth management training for director and supervisors for the day program and vocational program for those with disabilities.
Pros
Day outings for clients
Cons
Day program director is best friends with Company Director treating direct staff badly.
A place that empowers adults with disabilities.
Habilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2014
As a habilitation technician, I'm responsible for ensuring that clients with barriers to learning are assisted in ways that are fun and innovative. We are a classroom without limitations. My day consists of offloading wheelchairs from transport vans, getting them to their program rooms, and starting to work on their individualized goals. Then I assist them with independent eating. After lunch, we finish our goals and then its up to the client to suggest activities. I complete files and all required daily documentation, incident reports, and summaries. I assist with getting the clients back with their van drivers at the end of the day.
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
Compensation, health insurance, lack of advancement opportunities.
Lead Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2013
Being in business 65 years Gompers displays excellent service to individuals with disabilities. They take pride in their work and being able to connect with the clients on a daily basis. Great place to be and among a great group of employees who connect with one another and work as a team.
I loved the people I worked with but not the people I worked for
o Assisted teacher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2013
Management was never on the same page comunication was no where to be found and there was too much drama with supervisors and employees
Great place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2012
Gompers Habilitation Center is a great place. They care about people with disabilities. They treat them like human beings.
Pros
friendship