Good Earth Natural Foods Employee Reviews

Healthy life, happy life
Assisted manager (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTAugust 15, 2018
I managed 40 employees so every day was different. I learned something new every day from customers and employees. I love the environment and the culture Good Earth has. The manager was firm but consistent in expectations so I always knew where I stood. I enjoyed getting new items to learn about. I didn't enjoy seeing sick customers come in who really needed help.
Pros
Learning new things, positive environment
Cons
Unhealthy people, learning about the bad things we eat
Managed the Store
Store Manager Provo and Midvale (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 29, 2018
Open the Store.
All department heads reported to me.
Managed ordering through department heads from 140 different vendors.
Kept the store in clean good working order.
Trained new employees
Pros
Education on Natural Health
Cons
Because I was the manager, when an employee would not come in, I often would work to fill their spot.
Great atmosphere and lots of fun learning daily
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTApril 26, 2018
Good Earth has a wonderful atmosphere. Customers are generally happy and sometimes regular, employees are friendly and always happy to help and there is so much interesting things that can be learned daily between the types of products that are there and various other things around the store as well. You'll make your good friends there.
Pros
Happy customers and fellow coworkers
Cons
Healthcare only offered when in full-time position
good
Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 7, 2018
Great environment but overall poor benefits and advancement options with a high turnover. The managment is pretty good but as I understand varies between store locations. Overall a good experience and I will miss it.
loved everything
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 6, 2018
Such a good job loved it! I would recommend anyone to this job. The managers are all amazing and the work is great too. I loved the customers the most because they really loved the products we supplied.
Hectic, chaotic work environment, unresponsive upper management, expensive area but pay not keeping up
Wellness Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, CAMarch 6, 2018
Break room too small, bathrooms in same area so smelly! No paid benefits(i.e.health insurance,dental,vision) and required to join their plans which are more expensive than most available on market. Buyers are expected to do customer service at the same time so very disruptive to getting jobs done properly. Hourly pay is poor and upper management does not like to give appropriate increases particularly with the exponential increase in housing in the local area. No room for advancement since there are limited opportunities for growth; it is a grocery store!
Pros
Old, damaged products are up for grabs in the break room
Cons
Hectic, intense work environment
Locals Under the Tent, Selling Local
Sales/ Sampler (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 31, 2018
A typical day started at or before sunrise. We would set up the produce displays for the day: deciding which product would be featured. There were always new products to learn about. It was a constant learning environment, as we were encouraged to be familiar with the duties carried out by employees in other departments as well. The importance of cross-training cannot be overstressed. This also helps with the development of respect and friendship among staff members.
Management always found a way to managing with trust. Given a task you knew it was because they had complete belief that you could succeed at it.
There was a sense of family; that we were all working together for a common purpose.
Pros
colorful people, discounts on plants
Cons
sharing a bathroom with the guys(no cleaning crew)
Great Place to Work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 21, 2018
Good Earth is an awesome place to gain valuable experience. I worked there for about 12 years in total and have been able to learn a lot while there.
Very family oriented job, no one had issues with each other
Produce manager (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDDecember 12, 2017
I would show up start bathing veggies, clean the produce stand and then start bulk. after all is said and done I would clean all my stuff up and find something on the floor to do.
Pros
everything at price
Cons
I had to leave sadly
Mission Based Company
Head of Marketing and Communications (Current Employee) –  Mill Valley, CAOctober 3, 2017
Great place to work with amazing people who truly are mission based and want to spread organics and save the planet. They really practice what they preach here.
I was alright, really boring, not enough pay
Customer Service/Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTSeptember 5, 2017
I was okay for a customer service and cashier job, but I feel that I was a great employee and they didn't pay me good enough. I had great co-workers and friends that I made, but it wasn't all that great.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
not enough pay
Stock shelves, learn about the different products
Produce-Stock Team Member (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTAugust 24, 2017
Stock shelves, learn about the different products. The managers are great and are willing to help anyone with anything! Hours are pretty easy and straightforward.
Pros
Discounted products
The people were very nice and fun to be around.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 24, 2017
Working there was too hard with my schedule at the time but, everyone was very nice there. I do however, wish the pay was higher due to how stressful so felt working there.
Pros
Good learning skills
Cons
Very busy
Company gave great benefits for workers. The food was international and all organic.
Assistant Chef, Food Prep (Former Employee) –  720 Center Blvd, Fairfax, CA 94930August 8, 2017
I think this company will be a star among natural food restaurants. I found my co-workers very friendly. And I received great instructions for food preparation.
Pros
sampled many of the bento-like boxes of international cuisine.
Working retail
Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTJune 22, 2017
Good Earth is a good in between job. They pay barely above minimum wage. They give good shifts and good discounts to employees. If your full time you can get better benefits.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks
Supportive and fun work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, CAJune 12, 2017
This is an excellent company to work for. The company culture is very supportive, they recognize hard work and there is always an opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Free food, company parties
Cons
limited time off
Terrible Employees
Store Director (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 30, 2017
GE has the opportunity for greatness but they are willing to settle for mediocrity. The owners are not easy to work for, they don't listen and are very disrespectful to their management teams in the stores. Benefit and salary are sub par as well.
Pros
The cuase and Customers
Cons
All of it especially the owners!
one of the most rewarding jobs fun energetic co workers and managers that are so supportive.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTApril 28, 2017
Everyone was so happy and made it a real treat to go to work. The managers were supportive of both long term and short term employees goals. Just an overall outstanding place to work and an awsome company to be employed by.
Fun, and exciting employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTApril 24, 2017
Good Earth has a very diverse group of employees, each with completely different personalities and lifestyles. Definitely a great learning and working environment.
Excellent Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, CAFebruary 14, 2017
One of my favorite jobs; they know how to balance work and life. They are positive and fun to work with. The customers absolutely value you. I was sorry to leave this job but was returning to Ukiah.
Pros
Too many to list